Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sasquatch1970
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Are there any single women that understand the Harley lifestylePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm choosing my words carefully here so as not to offend. I think there is a huge difference between "owning" a Harley and living the lifestyle. Owning a Harley that sits in your garage 350 days a year and some leather does not put you into the "Harley lifestyle." or make you a biker. Of course I believe two wheels are better than four so if you have one you get some respect from me. There are not many women out there who can live or should I say put up with the Harley lifestyle, I put 38k miles on my bike this year and have been in 27 different States. That usually doesn't bode well for the relationship side of life. I would love to have a girlfriend or wife but my calling for the open road is too strong and usually screws it up for me. Maybe one day I will settle down who knows.......
 Marrillion
Msg: 27
Are there any single women that understand the Harley lifestyle
Posted: 10/16/2007 10:01:33 PM
My bike of choice is a Harley Davidson and I ride all year in sun,rain and sometimes snow. I love and am completely committed to the motorcycle lifestyle.But calling it a "Harley"lifestyle eliminates many fine people.Keeping a Norton or a BSA running gets my respect.Some BMW riders ride more in a year than a lot of Harley owners ride in a lifetime.And don't forget my friend that in the "Wild Ones" Marlon Brando rode a Triumph.Those that share our enthusiasm for the road should be part of "our lifestyle" not just those that share our preference for a brand.The lifestyle is about freedom of choice and that includes choice of motorcycle.
 pimpsquirrel38
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/4/2008 10:38:59 PM
I love to ride.....I would do nothing else if I had that choice......pouring rain, freezing cold, 90mph wind, seat or finder, pegs or none, b-ar or not...... I was in a wreck last Sept. I pretty hurt but if the bike wasnt totalled I would have rode home anyway.... Now I'm going to get my motorcycle (Harley) mechanics certification..... So any guy out there who wants a real woman (b*tch).....hit me up
 TwistOfFate2
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/23/2008 4:05:53 PM
I don't live the "Harley" lifestyle,but i'm not gonna say I wouldn't enjoy the ride:-)
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/24/2008 7:47:58 AM
Well i love to ride but im not a harley person, i plan to get me a nice goldwing. Can i still qualify to ride? LOL
 fshnpl
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/24/2008 12:09:25 PM
I'm a honda girl myself but heck we all enjoy the ride thats the point isn't it.
 winterwarrior
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/24/2008 5:37:46 PM
well just stopping by myself i ride a vtx1800 Honda trike..Bigger the better
 mocowgirl79
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/26/2008 3:40:25 PM
Yes it s a great experience..to get the joy to ride around on a bike all day long.. and i have meet great people, but not all are great..So to each there own. A nice place to go other than sturgis is Little Rock during blues fest they have hundreds of bikes too see and even some to ride.. Right on!
 loveskoalas
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2008 7:08:02 PM
I love the Harley lifestyle and have my own.
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/30/2008 5:46:59 AM

I love the Harley lifestyle and have my own.

Lifestyle or bike? *giggle*

Sorry! I couldn't resist! OK, I could, but I DIDN'T!

sweet-lady
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/30/2008 4:31:42 PM
hey harleyman,

I would love to go for a ride. I'm not on the internet that often. Just send me a email. I'll check it within a week.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/6/2008 8:04:33 AM
Everyone has their own opinions of what constitutes a "lifestyle"...and of course you will have the ones who say you gotta be in a "brotherhood" or "group" of some sort, to be a "true biker." These same folks throw out words like "wannabes" and "lookalike bikes"...but when it gets down to it, anyone who is an enthusiast...anyone who finds their head****ng at the sound of loud pipes...anyone who gets the itch to be getting a facelift from the wind and bugs in their teeth...is "into the lifestyle" to some degree!

Heck...I have been known to say if you trailer your scoot, then you are not a true biker! LOL

But I think what made the OP post, is that there ARE the guys who ride who disclude the women from their passion...and that is where the problems set in. You're certainly entitled to your solo rides, but if you try and include her...teach her what she does not already know...share with her why you love the ride so much...and don't use the stigmas to add notches on your belt...then I think more women would be more open to the lifestyle as well! :O)
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/6/2008 6:46:30 PM
WTF?! Since when is "turning" a no no word?! LMAO^^^
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  >