Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 toronto_kennedy
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Is it wrong to want a Friend with Benefits?Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Well i think any kind of relationship is good as long as each person understand what it is.
Sometimes friends just need to feel like they are still sexy and sexual so
helping each other out i think is fine.
 SitOnMyFaceOrBendOver
Msg: 44
Is it wrong to want a Friend with Benefits?
Posted: 9/7/2007 10:30:02 PM
I agree, nothing wrong with it AT ALL! A great preference actually!
Posted: 9/8/2007 11:10:49 AM
I have had a friend with benifits for 3 yrs and it just ended when i moved. we both enjoyed the friends and the beninfte it was like nothing was expected from the other it was a great friendship he is my best friend now that i moved we talk about or dates and all types of sex i would love another friend like him im hopeing to find him
 missouri_angel
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/10/2007 2:46:42 PM
Well FWB'S Im not sure about all that! As it seems there are so many out there searching for that....That you CANT find anyone....Females looking for Females is a Joke........talk talk talk on here.......and then you finally meet them ......and then ya just sit there like a lump on a log ........Had someone claiming thats what they wanted.......They drove 2 hrs over to my home and then just here like a lump on a stump! What are to think after speaking with this person online and over the phone and the entire time that "Persons" claiming that just thinking about it gets them all worked up and all this and they are so excited and cant wait........Well Bottom line of this one is....... Would You Drive For 2 hrs and NOT even make a move to see if anything happens or not????? What Exactly is Friends with benefits" If Nothing ever goes past wasten time?"
 feechee555
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2007 4:58:16 PM
yes i get this crap all the time as i am attractive and sexy. It is degrading , lazy
and if u want the whore down the street go for it. But most gals, like me want a LTR
are men too lazy or cheap they don't want a LTR? u can't get something for nothing
it is our bodies and u want to just have sex and then not commit. It does not work that way for decent nice girls.
 feechee555
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2007 5:01:17 PM
i absolutely agree with u . Singles nowadays have no morals and are downright skanky
unfortunately i am dating these skanky guys or meeting them but once i know they want FWB i kick them out real quick . Never looked back and could not care less.
The ppl dating nowadays have no morals give their bodies easily. No one i s scared of HIV?
 yepper1218
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2007 4:15:11 AM
Hello all I do not post on the forums often but had to on this one I do not think it is wrong ( I really want the whole package) but have through about the FWB thing and would try it BUT so many of you say FWB are all over and easy to find. WELL I sure would like to find one so tell me where they are ???????????
 TS_69er
Msg: 80
Posted: 9/13/2007 10:38:37 PM
hell no , nothing wrong with FWB
 mgkkain
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2007 2:47:09 AM
this isnt realy what a friend with benifits is, this would be what would be called a **** buddy. the key point in friend with benifits is the friends part both parties are already good friends and both know they want sex but know that the other two arnt what they want in a long term partner. The key of course is that neither one wants a ltr with the other. Like someone said earlier this is usualy where someone gets hurt, and I would say that the ratio is probaly slightly in favor of the girl being hurt more times then the guy.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/17/2007 10:44:28 AM
If you can get a longtime friend to actually agree to an FWB (people you just met are more like FB/NSA) and you're both adult enough not to take it for more than something that serves its purpose in it's time, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.
 squirterforyou
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/17/2007 10:56:37 AM
Well thats what I am looking for, friends with benefits. Nothing stressful.... not 100 % sex based either. Just someone to enjoy some time away from home with and no further expectations.
 judyskiis
Msg: 86
Posted: 9/17/2007 11:19:14 AM
The relationship will change. I don't look down on this type of thing. More power to you so long as you both know where you stand.
 jamiesnotcryin!
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2007 7:57:18 AM
I think you're wrong that the woman usually gets hurt- I think guys have a hard time with this kind of relationship & it seems it's confusing for them! I would LOVE to find a guy who is confident & honest enough to have a relationship like this- the key word is friendship, you have to like one another & be honest from the start. I wonder what seperates this type of relationship from a "real one"? If you are friends & lovers what more (unless you're looking for marriage) could someone ask for? This is the first time I posted on here, but if you think women fall in love because of sex, you are wrong!! What's up with the seeking out revenge, you must have slept w/ pyscho's or very young women who didn't understand. Anyone that seeks revenge is a pyscho anyway! Run, lol!
 EC22
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/28/2007 8:05:16 AM
No, if both people clearly understand the situation. Sometimes in a FWB relationship, one person wants more and the other person wants to keep it the way it is.
 man0steel
Msg: 125
Posted: 7/5/2008 5:41:57 PM
i think if you are two responsible and respectful adults that can keep safety and trust as a top priority then i 'd say go for it. if both parties are in agreement with the situation and all the important info is provided.
 missouri_angel
Msg: 128
Posted: 7/30/2008 11:12:37 PM
How can you even get a FWB if ya cant even get emails back? How do you even get anyone to speak to you from this site? I mean I been on here awhile now and Have gotten maybe 3 emails from different people......One I spoke to once and met......Notation....Have not gotten a email back from her in awhiles now...Dont know what could of possibly went wrong.... Is there something wrong with what my profile says? Or am I just too ugly for most on here? Just curious......Someone help me out please........
 windloverr
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2008 11:36:52 PM
Naturalblonde, post a pic that actually shows your face; and come up with a first date that makes sense. I would also recommend posting on "Adult" sites.
 missouri_angel
Msg: 130
Posted: 7/31/2008 1:13:25 PM
does my profile now look more of what people want to see? I am sorry Im not perfect ! I tried and evidently...The male that stated the comment...Doesnt understand...Im NOT after MALES.......only FEMALES........Anyways.....Changed A Few Things On my profile....... Check it and let me know what ya think!!!!
 startle
Msg: 132
Posted: 8/1/2008 4:35:49 PM
everyone is thinking it to death. just do what comes natural. and you dont have explain yourself to anyone, including the person currently trying to get in your pants. if you dont like it move on, buster. im free im single and im enjoying it. if everyone else whats to make themself miserable. go for it.
 grapevine
Msg: 134
Posted: 8/8/2008 9:26:36 PM
No, there's nothing wrong with having an ongoing relationship where intimacy is the focus. It's called "marriage."
 VaFishnetstockings4u
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 7:12:59 AM
To each there own I say , no there is not a thing wrong with friends with
benfits. Just so that your up front and open , honest about what you expect
from it and go into it not with your heart gaining anything else other than a
friend that you want to spend time with that you have a sexual attraction too!
As for me no FWB's I pass on get asked all the time have no desire to allow my
self to be in that sorta postion with anyone! I can have friends without the sex
involved that total package of me is reserved for just one that gains all of me!

All the best ~ Brenny
 cuteazabutton
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 10:02:08 AM
Glad to see this topic on here because right now i am in a similar situation. He is just coming out of a marriage and im a single mom. We talked about the sexual part of our friendship (him letting me know that he thought about wanting sex from me) teasing each other when we talked on the phone and when he was still living with his ex he wasnt feeling good about it.
Now that he's out of the house and we had finally got together he made it clear that he wasnt looking for a gf type right now not saying that he wont later on once the divorce is final. He did although mention to me that he was afraid to hurt my feelings but i know there is an attraction there for me.

The thing is my feelings are getting stronger for him everytime we do get together and i dont know whether i should tell him or not and jeopardize what we have right now. We dont get to see each other as much as i would like but like i said we do talk on the phone a lot and try to get together as much as we can which so far has only been 4 times since June but we've been friends for over a year now.
 Boricua Papi
Msg: 139
Posted: 8/22/2008 2:58:44 PM
what are the benefits?
 jamiesnotcryin!
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2008 6:20:11 PM
nona37 Thanks for responding. It's something I'd be interested in; not something I've found! Well once in my life when I was younger....You are probably right about more women getting hurt. But if both parties were honest I think it could work out.
Like I said, if you are friends & lovers, isn't that a relationship in itself? Someone else posted about that & I tend to agree. I wouldn't sleep around because that's just not me.
But I do think men are sensitive also about this. Maybe I'm just too open minded?
I don't think men are out to hurt women they have sex with.....I wouldn't have sex with someone I didn't like. I guess if I liked them enough to sleep w/ them, I'd think we were in a relationship? But it wouldn't mean, I think we are "forever"? I realize after reading all of these, I'm still confused after all these years! But appreciate someone bothered to read & reply at least!!
 bb5757
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2009 10:56:13 AM
FWB is everywhere...too sad. What happened to developing relationships? Unlike most men, women usually get hurt because their love feelings come attached with sex. It is just how most women are hard wired. So it almost seems like men, who are the principle initiators of FWB, are really looking for a free prostitute...no strings attached...same thing. Good luck if that is what you want.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >