Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 johnemanuel
Msg: 162
Men and their Age Issue?Page 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
I was convinced no one I'd be interrested in would date me at my age until it began to realize it doesn't matter how old you are, it's about how you carry yourself. lying is for the weak and immature, mostly politicians...ha ha...
 justfishing14221
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Men and their Age Issue?
Posted: 9/13/2008 12:08:19 PM
Unfortunately it's not exagerated... if anything it seems to be the biggest single issue here. In general, I think that both women and men who get too far "off the reservaation" of their own age range are delusional... especially in that late forty something early fifty something range when the changes are pretty dramatic for both men and women... especially women. I dated an older women (10 year difference) after my wife died, and while we had our moments, I couldn't keep it up in good faith... the difference in age would have eventually made a difference in the relationship too soon for me.
I have no problem with someone shaving a year or two off their on line age if they really look like their pictures and take a lot of pride in staying lively and in shape. It's more about attitude than the age anyway. I'm young at heart --- I'll get old later --- hopefully together with that final soul mate who wants to reach for the gusto now, live a total relationship in the moment, and can gracefully accept the reality of aging as it comes their way.
 Gaddflye
Msg: 171
Men and their Age Issue?
Posted: 9/20/2008 12:24:03 PM
I post my true chronological age. Why not? Women can use any number of search engines to find my true age once they learn my identity. I know I check out women's ages if I might want to date them. Big deal!
 MostlyGoodBoy
Msg: 172
Men and their Age Issue?
Posted: 9/20/2008 1:08:44 PM
Im one of those, age doesnt matter to me guys.. Often ill see a age under the pic of a woman and think "wow she looks great for that age-- she must be young at heart" and then go right ahead and say hi to her.. And by looks great-- i dont mean she has to look like cindy crawford--- but a good smile-- a friendly way -- now that is sexy..

As for me-- i post my age-- i figured the one that likes me is going to like me..
 betterlate
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Men and their Age Issue?
Posted: 9/24/2008 11:09:22 PM
We have all seen it, either some people just dont age well, photograph Very well, or lie. I feel it is very dumb to risk it, so who are you fooling? What if the very next person you talk to is "that" one, "the one, the soul mate" and you have started off with a lie, one that could tank the entire relationship. Would it be worth it? heck no! If you want to look young then take care of yourself, drink tons of water, take your vitamins, exercise, get fresh air and laugh alot. Be a happy and positive person, it doesnt really matter what age you are or how good looking your are if you are a miserable, toxic mess.

Warning (bragging) I am fifty one and I am told all the time that I do not look fifty or even forty, but that used to bother me because when I was younger I wanted to look mature and grown up, I didnt want to look like a kid, I would be ok with it now.

dont worry, be happy
 ~Azul Ojos~
Msg: 177
Men and their Age Issue?
Posted: 11/2/2008 2:20:06 PM
OK lets all be honest here. Older women tend to fib about their age and its not PC to ask a womans age. Also women tend to age faster than men especially after having kid(s).

Yes lets be honest here!!!

I have seen some pretty old looking men on here for whatever age they are posting. I have never asked anyone if they lied... I have no idea if they do or not. It would bother me if they had though and I probably wouldn't be interested in seeing them again... A lie is a lie.....

I don't agree that women tend to age faster than men...

My pics were taken this year and I have stated my real age. I guess I could lie and attract younger men... but guess what, I seem to attract younger men without lying. I am who I am... and I don't lie or age faster than men!!!

So take that back Mr. Yogi!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >