Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 prolibertate
Msg: 11
Do women like men with long or short hair?Page 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Frankly, I don't care if a man has long, short, curly, straight, wavy, or no hair...As long as he washes it frequently and trims it so it isn't ratty and/or neglected looking, he can wear it how he likes and as it suits him - because it's *his* head. And I believe the same goes for women.
 NatGoat
Msg: 13
Do women like men with long or short hair?
Posted: 9/5/2007 1:24:02 PM
Mine is short . . {and... Some of it is Still trying to _Escape_ !! } . .
Years ago, I had it to mid-back . . but it didn't fit my image . .
It's easier to Shorten it . . than Lengthen it . . !!

{I like Ladies with L O N G , L * O * N * G * hair . . !!
Belt-length + . . !!! } . .
 captainbaud
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/5/2007 2:01:27 PM
Many women like men with no hair at all. ;)
 JWA
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/5/2007 3:18:59 PM

I like men period. Young, old, short, tall, long hair, bald, suit and tie, tattoos, etc.

Now, THIS is a truly enlightened woman!!!!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/5/2007 4:44:17 PM
I have an acute sense for finding those with long beautiful hair. It seems to be what I prefer, although I have dated those with short or even shaved heads, the physical trait that I know immediately strikes me is long (well kept, shiny, thick and usually dark brown or black) hair.

yyyw
 joebobbriggs
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/5/2007 7:14:57 PM
Yes - I know what the thread is about - but I have reversed the question . . .

/////////////////////////////////

"To Me" -- my likes and dislikes . . .

Long hair is fine on some women of ANY age - but not on some.

Very long hair on older women is often unattractive.

Very short hair on older women is MOST OFTEN unattractive (at over above the ears).

The most attractive hair style (again to me) on older women (over age 48) is cut at just above the shoulders, waved - not tightly curled.

Pixie hair do's on ANY woman of any age is a crap shoot - some few women look great that way - MOST do not.

Women of any age should not cut and style their hair in the fashion of a man - IF SHE WISHES to attract a man. Again - My Opinion.

If you don't like my opinion - TOO BAD!

In a marriage or LTR - men have to wake up in the morning looking at you.

JoeBob
 butchieboy4u
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/6/2007 6:49:31 AM
Its a high-n-tight for me...Trust me, women like it. But, I am retired milatary..
 darlyngirl
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2007 1:27:16 PM
I really have no preference.

I HATE IT when men tell me I need to grow out my hair- I have plenty of men who flirt with me so they ALL can't hate it. My ex had asked me how I prefer his hair and I have basically said- you let me keep mine how I like it and you can keep yours how you like it.

I have short hair
You have long hair

It's just hair- as long as it is clean then who cares?
 throwmealine1
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2007 4:33:37 PM
I agree with others, you do look like your wearing a bad wig.

You should go longer or shorter.

I like mine long, but it's getting thin on top so i'll be going for a much shorter style soon.

just my op.
 yohanan
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2007 8:18:29 AM
Rock and Roll!!!
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/8/2007 8:21:36 AM
What you have is a great starting point. Go to a stylist and get some suggestions. Let them try a couple things. I had mad long 80's hair for the longest time. And honestly I just started to feel like a throwback or a relic. Getting it cut seriously made me feel 10 years younger, I just didn't feel so dated.

I went into a hairstylist and said "I don't know what I want, but I want it shorter. So she tried a couple things and I just kept saying, Nah shorter, nah shorter. LOL so now it's totally short and I really like it. I remember when she made a ponytail to start and cut it. She asked me if I wanted to keep it. I said hell no throw that thing away. LOL

Good luck man, I think you will enjoy a new style. I got lots of positive comments, and again I just didn't feel so freakin old.

Now:
Stranger: Hey do you know what time it is???

Me looking at my watch: Yeah, it's 3:30

Before.
Stranger: Hey do you know what time it is???

Me looking at my watch: Yeah, it's 1985!

LOL do it man. Go for it. :)
 SueCat51
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2007 8:21:40 AM
It's not so much the length of the hair on the man, it's the cut, the style, and even his hair color. Got to admit, there's nothing I love more than to run my fingers through a man's hair!
 YourDarkAngel
Msg: 52
Posted: 9/12/2007 3:20:44 AM

I would ONLY date men with short hair, the shorter the better but NOT bald. I know long skater/surfer hair styles are back, but I can't stand them. It's like being with a woman when they are looking down at you and their hair is in your face. Yuck. It's akin to men who think overweight women are unappealling...long hair is a no-no for me.

Do I look like a woman to you, sofishtikated? F--k off. Seriously.

I appreciate your honesty. Now I know who to utterly avoid in person. I'll just say something like, "hey, I hate it when women cut their hair or dye it blond. It smacks of conformity and I'll never date a women that does that. Yeeesh!"

Take your stereotypes elsewhere.
 YourDarkAngel
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/12/2007 8:44:00 AM
You need to be reported for being so nasty... you've got issues my friend x Chill x

I could have stated the same thing about you on the other thread---you wouldn't let go. However, you'll haven't been that overzealous here, so that's okay. It's when you hear a certain sentiment repeated ad nauseam that you got rather turned off by hearing it.

Thanks Jayedraven, for the vote of confidence.
 blueskyer1980
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/13/2007 6:02:02 AM
Anyhow, it seems that my new girlfriend doesn't care my hair style. I met her on Meetrich.com, what a hot babe she is. I cant help saying it was a fabulous experience for me to meet her.

I just asked her the question when seeing this topic. She said I love you ranther than your hair. What a cute babe!! I like her, I am crazy about her. By the way, I dont like a men with long hair. hehe
 animation303
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/13/2007 11:08:15 AM
what about mohawks, how do they rate?
 YourDarkAngel
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/13/2007 11:22:26 PM

MO, long curly hair on a woman is extremely sexy, it is VERY rare that I find myself attracted to a woman with short hair. But that's just me!

That's the converse of the argument---the "business" look that some women adopt in order to conform to the white collar realm. I could easily say that I won't date women who went under the scissors to look too stodgy and uber-professional, and get flak from a few posters here, even the dreaded "that's sexist" even though certain women here have nothing wrong with perceiving women with long or short hair is okay, men with long hair is not.

Excuse me?

It reeks of another double standard, but those guilty don't seem to even care that their views are steeped with that glaring hypocrisy. I don't demand women ascribe to my ideal of what I desire in grooming habits in a partner, if women demand major changes me, I shun them. End of interaction. I have no use for that type of biased control over my personal habits---deep down, they simply don't like me for myself, and that's painfully evident it's wrong for them to either dismiss me out of hand, or change me into something I'm not. That's what it's really all about---NOT just a hair thing. Think about it.
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/28/2007 7:44:51 PM
I had long hair when I was younger, almost to the middle of my back. I let my hair grow for over a year recently since I retired and didn't have to worry about how I looked. I kept it neat and clean, I dressed the same way, I didn't look like I was strung out or an alcoholic. I found the same thing to be true today as was the case when I was younger. I cut my hair in june and found that people were more polite, people looked at me differently, more people smiled and said hello. I was the same person, I thought the same way, had the same values but people are visual, both men and women.
OP if its that big of a problem, maybe its time to change, you may like the way you look with your hair longer but you might like your life if you did something different with it, change can be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 RoyalLady
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/20/2007 7:36:59 AM
I love long hair on a fella.
If it's short, then it should be the longish stylish or wild windswept look.

Long hair needs to be "maintained". You have to trim it and condition it, feed it and brush it regularly. Eat or take the proper nutrients to keep it healthy.
If a guy is losing his hair, then a good cutting is in order, but the longish short styles are hot! no bad comb-overs please! There is such a thing as hair transplants for guys that love their hair. Losing hair because of cancer treatments etc, is a different matter... it can still grow back and there are wigs. I'm not trying to be shallow but some guys really take pride in their hair! I know!! My son has had a 24 year love-affair with his combs and gels, etc. He is not alone!!! But, now at 28, he still keeps it very short.... where did I go wrong ??

Hair is a major turn on for me, I can run my fingers through it during the most romantic moments... but then, you see.. I am still a flowerchild at heart... going strong in the 21st century, rock on, brother, rock on!!

and ,
A~*
 becca210
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/30/2007 8:33:15 PM
Corporate America and the like set the tone for short (above the collar) hair for men.
Because of this, I think that most of us prefer the same. Other men tend to have hair that is more to their profession...like rocker, artist. .....or shaved which is cooler for guys that work outside.
I certainly would not let the length of a man's hair determine whether or not he was interesting; but the cleanliness or appropriateness might.
And under no circumstance can I tolerate a toupee or comb over.......just be natural.
Becca
 lizzy915
Msg: 77
Posted: 10/31/2007 5:13:55 PM
It's all about style.
 zangie
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2007 5:16:11 PM
I have been attracted to men with both..and bald/balding men..but, I have a weakness for long hair, especially if it suits them..some men it doesn't look good on...
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 84
Posted: 8/27/2011 7:22:25 PM
I wasn't able to see your pic, so I have no idea how you look w/long hair. It's your personal reference. You live w/it, so wear it in the way you like, that makes you feel confident & comfortable. However, you wll be judged, in certain situations like a job interview, & long hair may not go over so well then. It's our choice, you are the one living with it, not anyone else. Every woman has her personal preference also, some will like it, others will not.
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/12/2011 7:58:35 PM
I love long hair if its clean and conditioned! Not all guys can pull it off ...
 rdcnorm
Msg: 107
Posted: 9/10/2012 7:05:08 AM
I can't speak for women,, I have been with some women who like long hair,, others short hair..this is an area I will change for a woman,, she likes it long,, watch me let it grow,, she likes it short, my hair gets cut,,same holds true for my goatee,, or man scarping,, what ever that woman likes/wants in that regard..

Post below me,, I am no pretty boy,, But, I do care about how I look,, long or short hair,, both need to be neat,, for no one else but me,, unless she likes long hair and the FFL in the morning,,but I can shower and clean that up... :) later
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >