Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > After the Lovin` ,cuddle and talk or nap time?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 merry0709
Msg: 1
After the Lovin` ,cuddle and talk or nap time?Page 3 of 2    (1, 2)
Don`t know if it is true, but I have always heard that women usually want to bond and cuddle after sex. I`ve also heard,and noticed, alot of guys are out for the count and immediately fall asleep. I`m asking because I am a lady and prefer to not talk and to
take a nap. I`m so relaxed andfloaty from it that the last thing I want to do is talk. Do most women you have been with kind of expect the whole bonding thing afterwords, and if they do, do you have to fight to stay awake?
 ChicagoStyle
Msg: 2
view profile
History
After the Lovin` ,cuddle and talk or nap time?
Posted: 9/8/2007 6:00:11 AM
I can cuddle and nap for a few but would really rather just fall asleep and nap for a few. I noticed though, when you are cuddling that's when she will come up with those questions that most guys donot really like to answer. LOL
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2007 9:34:42 AM
For men, sex physically releases endorphens that induce sleep which is why we often dose off...sometimes with you in our arms.
 Duckman_2
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/8/2007 11:11:53 AM

I`ve also heard,and noticed, alot of guys are out for the count and immediately fall asleep.

Interesting that you mention that you noticed a lot of guys are out for the count...hmmm...

Anyway, Personally, I like to snuggle and cuddle as it leads to more sex after which I like to snuggle and cuddle which leads to more sex...
 volsgradstudent
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/8/2007 6:27:22 PM
There are times when I want to cuddle and talk, cuddle and not talk, not talk and sleep, sleep and talk..............
 Smilin_bob
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/8/2007 7:04:34 PM
You have to understand the male and female reaction after lovemaking. Men have a release of endorphines which MAY cause them to be sleepy. Women may have the same type of endorphine release which usually wants them to bond (cuddling, talking).

If you want to enjoy the afterglow, conversation is not needed in your case.

I do get tired after lovemaking. I do not mind cuddling at all. If a woman wants to converse with me and cuddle, I respond. When the conversation ends, I am zonked out within minutes. Of course, the time of day has an impact. Evening hours are conducive to sleep anyway. If you want to just converse with me, afternoon lovemaking is a better time.

jmho
 Dreamknight
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/8/2007 7:28:34 PM
Yes, it depends on how physically exhausting it was. I have always been told that women want to talk afterwards, but the last few seemed to be the ones to fall asleep and then snore...lol
 Double Cabin
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2007 7:30:19 PM
I like to play strip dominoes in reverse. But I really think Fred makes the best point. We either exhaust our partners or we don't. So if I fall asleep just cuddle my coma. I'll do the same for you if it is you that gets to tuckered...or I'll go make a BLT or something.
 MONEMPERER
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/9/2007 1:15:32 AM
well since men tend to put most of the physical effort into sex and it can last a while plus it releases endorphins that make us tired. (what a stupid evolutionary trick)

I have to admit I am not tired after sex but then again I am also adhd so this probably does effect it alot.
 interorl7
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/9/2007 1:56:38 AM
Sometimes I sleep, sometimes I cuddle, sometimes I talk.

Never understood what the big deal here was, so what if we fall asleep, we can always cuddle, talk and have some more sex when we wake up. Besides seems like the sex is so good for you ladies that you all will often fall asleep before we do.

I say if you are tired, nap, if not cuddle and talk, have some more, heck if you want to get up and 'conquer the world' then by all means get up, fix a BLT and turn on 'Pinky and the Brain', lol.

I think some people make a mountain out of a mole hill with this one.

Now if you tell me the guy will 'never' talk to you, than perhaps we have another problem....
 ubkobalt
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/21/2007 9:52:29 PM
How about a recap of recent events? Like after a sports game, that show about the game that highlights the plays and the players that comes on?

It often is nap time though, at least drowsy for a short period. It's not really controllable. It's like turkey coma! (Which is probably a similar brain reaction) It's a happy sleepy drunk. Don't ruin it with conversation. Or, ok...fine, talk all you want, but don't expect much of a response.

Actually, I find that my body temperature sky-rockets and I'm hot and sweaty, and don't really want any extra heat until I cool off. A fan would be nice. And that only happens with a partner. It's strange. Even though I would LIKE to, sometimes it's like cuddling with someone right after you ran a marathon. It's not exactly ideal. Some gatorade and some ice would be nice.

More often though, I've run into the WOMAN who wants to roll over and go to sleep.
 Murf167
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/21/2007 10:03:45 PM
After the lovin'? Sandwich and sports center.

What?
 pscade
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/7/2007 7:21:15 AM
I for one am hyper after sex. My bf wants to sleep and I want to talk, go at it again. I cant get enough of him!
 Seavoyage
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2007 8:07:59 AM
I have no problem staying awake after sex and cuddling with a woman for hours. I wouldn't do that if I were not that interested in the woman. That's what I would do if I were really into the woman. So, it depends on the woman and situation. I have no problem staying awake. I don't just zonk out just because I had intercourse.
 arizonadeb
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/7/2007 8:34:20 AM
snuggle,cuddle and fall asleep in his arms.
 NatGoat
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/8/2007 12:21:05 AM
_Agreed_!!!
I try to make a point of making her Debate whether or not she needs a few More . .
. . . .
{She usually Does..!}
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/8/2007 4:04:11 PM
After the lovin with the love of your life.............

it's call ..........after glow...............................
 Mattovy
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/3/2007 6:25:00 PM
during the busy times it's git'er done and move on. when there is nothing else to do and there is plenty of time, I am all about the closeness.
 audiman1983
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/3/2007 6:50:37 PM
Depends on the situation, but would have to say a good cuddle to sleep is the best. Nothing beats sleeping, and waking in the arms of a woman you love.

But if she wants the stay up and talk, have another round, or go get a sandwich, whatever I am game.
 trooperbill
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2007 10:01:13 AM
usually have nookie at night so pretty tired... in the morning i used to get up and make breakfast (after showering) which was nice too... cuddling is nice but i cant sleep when touching something else... and hate breathing in hair

mark
 englishtrog
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2007 8:19:28 AM
kiss......cuddle.........nod your head to her chatting then fall asleep.

just hope that you didnt fall asleep too early still nodding, you wont know what you have gotten yourself into
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > After the Lovin` ,cuddle and talk or nap time?