Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2findU
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Jethro TullPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Aqualung is my favorite Tull album. The whole album is great!
 Strange Days
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Jethro Tull
Posted: 9/10/2007 6:54:58 AM
Jethro Tull are a great band. "Stand Up" is my favorite album, but "Witch's Promise" is an amazing song.
The thing with Ian Anderson, that most people don't get, is that the delivery is as important as the melody. The sneers, laughs, and grunts are part of the lyric.
Modern admirers: Eddie Vedder- "Clearly I remember, picking on the boy..." Very Anderson-like melody and lyric.
If any of you don't already have it, the "25" box set is great. The set is worth it's entire price for the live in NYC in '71 disc.
Great thread
 blondago56
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Jethro Tull
Posted: 9/12/2007 7:53:11 PM
THICK AS A BRICK!!!!! BENEFIT!!! yeah! i have been a 'tull' fan since *gasp* 1974, they got played olong on the (very young) 95.5 KLOS.. i got to see them in Irvine... FLUTE ON!!! awesome music...timeless audio story-telling at its best..
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 30
Jethro Tull
Posted: 1/10/2008 11:27:37 AM
I have almost all of Tull and Ian Anderson and that Bronwyn Pig [? I can't quite recall the name right now? I'm old] group, have loved them since "Living in the Past" in the 70s. My favorite album has got to be "Benefit", although "Heavy Horses" is great as well. Hell, I love them ALL. "Skating Away" IS an awesome song.

My first concert EVER was JT, during --unfortunately-- "Stormwatch". My second concert EVER was JT the *next* year. My first album ever bought was "Thick as a Brick" --I STILL LOVE IT TO THIS DAY!

I am fortunate to have a good friend who ALSO loves Tull, and he plays guitar and I sing. I would marry him if it weren't for his wife and two kids!

So I guess you could consider me a fan of Jethro Tull.

PS--WAHHHHH, all my Tull MP3s are in the car!
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 32
Jethro Tull
Posted: 1/10/2008 1:39:46 PM
'One white duck on the wa-a--aa--aa-ll' is one of my faves to sing.

I'm afraid to say, I think Ian has started to take himself a little too seriously lately, I forget where I saw him being interviewed (British). I was disappointed in some of the things he said.

But I appreciate that he was thoguhtful enough to have bought up a huge chunk of Scottland from the land rapers.
 Strings6
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Jethro Tull
Posted: 1/12/2008 7:47:30 PM
Not to attempt to subtract anything from Ian Anderson's talent or accomplishments but the one thing he has always been smart enough to do is surround himself with talented musicians.The great Tull albums,in my opinion,are group efforts,anyone who thinks or believes that Anderson stood over Barriemore Barlow,John Glascock,John Evan or Martin Barre and told them each and every note and rythm to play is misguided,none of these albums would be what they are without these guys...Anderson was smart enough to get his name on the right things and in the right places...a band is just that...a band... a group...Anderson can be full of himself because he is the last man standing...Barre knows better than to challenge him which is probably why he has lasted so long.
 blondago56
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Jethro Tull
Posted: 5/31/2008 9:20:12 AM
^^^Umm, sweetie... i think that 'Shaun Cassidy' album influenced the 'Tull' album you were holding more than you realize !.... "Cat 'Scratch' Fever" was/is by the awesome Ted Nugent, not our 'Jethro Tull'..... but go get a copy of "Benefit" or "Living in The Past" and give it a listen, you (& your son should like it)
 blondago56
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Jethro Tull
Posted: 5/31/2008 5:42:45 PM
hey sweety^^^ you shouldn't get 'youre an idiot mail'... it just shows you have great taste in great Rock & Roll!
 blondago56
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Jethro Tull
Posted: 6/1/2008 12:23:18 AM
^^^Hawaiiuncle:
i clicked on 'youtubevideos' and looked at all the oodles of Fantastic Jethro Tull stuff!! thankyou! great footage of The Master and The Band!! Flute On !
 blondago56
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Jethro Tull
Posted: 6/1/2008 11:48:19 AM
Jethro Tull is on TOUR!!! i just bought TICKETS!! (now, how do i Pay the Electric Bill? lol)
*Fantasy Springs Resort in Indio,ca. (and all over The World before that!! d*mn, now i need a Date
 good guitar player
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Jethro Tull
Posted: 7/13/2008 11:13:16 PM
See them a bunch of times and Ian's voice is not as strong but heard robert plant in the last 30 years...lol. Great band in the early90's they blew up their amps and I was hanging out at the only store who had that type in stock. So since I was part of the regualrs that hung there, the owner asked me if I wanted to run amps down to tull for a 530 sound check it was 4:45 and I had to fight rush hour philly traffic. So I arrive and this 300 6-6 guy(reminds me of the guy from the green mile) stops my car and says in a hostile manner were you going, expecting a hassles ,getting ready to be told to get lost from his less than happy expression. I sayI have amps, he cuts me off smiles and say come this way sir were expecting you , I start unloading the car and the crew refused to let may carry a thing thanking me tell me to just relax. All i can say is the crew and band treated me like royality. the road managers name was frank willey gave me his cell phone ( back when cell phones were not ubiquitious)to call all my friends and tell them there were tickets at the box office for them, I made 2 calls and thats all,....he said call 20 if you want to any one you know . Great show and time and most amazing of all Ian broke his leg the week before and did the show from a wheel chair.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Jethro Tull
Posted: 8/16/2008 8:28:56 PM
I heard these guys were working on a new album for I thought was this year but maybe for 2009?

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >