Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Why do Cheaters run and hide when caught?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
This is very interesting because the loser I was seeing, hid out for 7 months then resurfaced just to see if I still was carrying the torch and unforturnately I was.. Damn!!! so I had to start the healing process all over again!! It still hurts hes in the hiding mode again now..I want to say good riddance but its still hard I loved the pig!!I just dont get it tho why leave someone who loves you unconditionally for an ugly nasty excuse of a woman!!Someday I will get passed this and I know Im a better person to have gone thru it however I wouldnt wish this pain on anyone...he taught me alot of negative crapeven at my age Like dont trust ANYONE!!! I useto hear people say that and Id say thats sad you need to trust NOT!!! now I get it... hugs to all no one deserves to be cheated on!!! respect is the key respect yourself and never be a doormat ...no matter how much you care for someone!!can someone help me down off my soapbox!!!!??????hugs
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 22
Why do Cheaters run and hide when caught?
Posted: 9/17/2007 11:36:22 AM
Do I have this correctly? Ya'll pick cheaters, they cheat, they come back, you pick them again. And then instead of blaming yourself or the cheaters, you blame the rest of the human race, who *haven't* cheated on you? "I'll never trust another man/woman again."

Ya, I've been cheated on, and I should have seen it coming, and it was damned hard getting over it, but I sure as heck don't go around blaming men I haven't yet met for it.

Perhaps ya'll should take yourself off of dating sites till you get your baggage stowed?

mthomjmark
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/10/2008 4:42:54 PM
Well, that is you; others react differently.
 wildman0067
Msg: 26
Posted: 5/11/2008 6:05:23 AM
Women tend to0 cheat more than men if that is possible I never cheated on any of my past g/f's or the ones I lived with . But they sure found the time to play around. what ****es they are. Kinda makes a man just wanna be alone and not be in a relationship at all.

A friend of mine once said

GOD NEVER MADE A WOMAN A MAN COULD TRUST I'm a firm be;liever of that sayin

yall have a nice day wildman
 GWSmith
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/2/2009 7:44:14 PM
Because they are cowards and immature. Why do you think most of them cheat in the first place?
 mrbiggfrank
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2009 5:04:03 PM
(lying stealing and cheating are all cut from the same cloth)
that's what the 104 year old lady across the street say's to me

mthomjmark
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/3/2009 5:58:15 PM
The cheater is a coward; they don't like confrontation; they dont' like drama; they just love getting what they want without caring for others. If you are a coward, you run.

It doesn't take guts to cheat; it takes guts not to. if someone cheats on me, its over; end of story.
 sunshine1954
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2012 5:42:38 AM
I met a guy on dating website and he seemed very nice. His profile said he wanted a long term relationship. He told me where he worked and traveled a lot, which was understandable. Then I started ichecking up on him and found his wife on FB. They had been communicating there and I read their posts. He is a total jerk, liar and cheat. Since I have approached him on this, he still denies it but took his picture off the website, but left his information there. He also took off all the information that he wrote about himself. When he's been telling me he's working he is headed to Florida to see his wife. He lives in another state supposedly for his job. Beware gals of men like this. They are out there. It's a scary thing. Why do they thing they have to cheat and lie???????
 sunshine1954
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:25:09 PM
It certainly did come out in the wash. I found out about his "wife" on Facebook and went there and saw pictures of them together. What a blow. I messaged her and told her all about him and I. She never responded. Sounds to me like she knows what he does and proably does the same thing. He is such a liar and slimeball for doing this to women. I just hope after a while when things cool down, he doesn't come back on POF and find some other women to do the same thing. So sad. I've had my fill of these dating websites. Too many crazy people out there. I am afraid to trust anyone now. On his profile he says he's divorced and lives in Winchester, VA. He told me he worked for the federal government as a telecommunication engineer and I found out he has his own business in Florida along with his wife.
 mysterychick63
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 6:36:08 AM
I love it when they cheat........ get caught....... but YOU'RE the bi@@h for NOT TRUSTING him!!!!
 Darkheartx
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 8:44:15 PM
I agree with Knightsilver. Sometimes they don't even hide. They'll have friends who accept that kind of behaiver and will actually even praise the person and bash the person who got cheated on. It's a screwed up world these days.
I think people like that cheat, because they know they can get away with it. We don't seem to have any laws that punish that sort of behaiver. And society seems to ignore it.
 jmark4
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/19/2012 10:28:50 PM
it doesnt' take guts to cheat. it's a lack of character and self control.

they wont face the music because when you lack morals and character, you are a coward.
 DameWrite
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2012 6:45:11 AM
They already went behind your back to cheat. Why would they be upfront to face the music?

Cheaters cheat because they're testosterone driven and REALLY like dopamine. It's not about you, it's about the drug.

Most others cheat because they are not connected enough to their partner anymore and the oxytocin doesn't flow enough to keep them in line and then they get a taste for dopamine again and that testosterone rush, whoosh, off they go.

The oxytocin has to really be flowing to beat out dopamine. It also has to be worked on to keep flowing, especially in men.

They run because they're adrenaline junkies too. lol
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >