Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > this girl likes me but has a boyfriend      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 m409998m1
Msg: 17
this girl likes me but has a boyfriendPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
You're probably too young, but James Taylor sang best. I'm your handy man!
 ZombieFood
Msg: 18
this girl likes me but has a boyfriend
Posted: 1/7/2008 5:43:38 PM
Dont go for it.

From what I hear:
You are her out. the crush part may be true, but she wants out and the easiest way out is to cheat on the current guy.
 rolfen
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2008 12:53:52 AM
If the bf is in the same town and all, it's tricky. If it's long distance, then it's in the pocket.
If you decide to stick to her, make sure she leaves her bf after a couple of weeks max, otherwise you'll feel used, and she will be in a situation where she can choose between him and you... you're bad she goes to him, then when they fight she goes back to you... believe me some girls (most?) would love to be in that situation.
And you will loose face big time.
Just make sure she leave him soon enough.
Also, expect this girl to dump you for someone else later... just as she did with her bf now. But it's ok, happens all the time.
gd luk
 mattypriz
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/7/2008 3:06:45 PM
update on the situation i did take most of all your advices and i havent talked to this girl in over 7 months now she is still with her boyfriend ,me ive stayed away from that situation and have basically moved on
 Eir
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/8/2008 10:52:59 PM
Don't get near someone if they're dating someone else! You're just setting yourself up for drama. If this girl has any respect, she'll figure out how she feels and what she wants with her current b/f, either decide to stay and work things out, or end the relationship and possibly pursue things with you. Why would you want to be the 'other guy'? Let things take their course, live your life, don't wait around, and who knows what will happen down the road! If you're meant to end up together, you will......when she's single.
 Boutac
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2009 2:13:12 PM
The question is how valuable is the friendship? I am in this very same situation right now. The only difference is we weren't friends to begin with. She made it obvious to me that she is interested, and for over a month now, I've played it "cool". We just talk in a casual manner, and I never bring up the boyfriend, but she hints that she is not happy. She lives a couple hours away, and sees him once a week at most. When I asked her what her weekend plans were, she said with a great lack of enthusiasm "going to our old high school homecoming game." Now I figure, and this is my opinion and my situation, may not apply to you and you may not go this route. I am going to ask her to do something completely innocent, a coffee or something. If she drops any hints, or comes out and says what she feels for me, then I will let it known that I do as well. To hell with the consequences. She is a woman, she has free will, and is not something to be owned. Pressuring her to make a decision is wrong, but quietly being myself has worked so far. If we end up together, sure, she might cheat on me, or the relationship could blow up in my face. But I won't know unless I let my balls drop and go for it. I believe if you find a shot at happiness, you grab on with both hands and don't look back. The only thing in life are the experiences. Good and bad, and you will look back on them later, and you will have regrets if you think you should have done something and did nothing. It's better to get hurt than not know the answer to your "what if?" 10 years down the road. That's what happened to me, and probably why I feel differently than others on this thread.
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/4/2009 4:27:17 AM
op, the biggest prob is as follows: she is willing to cheat on her bf! enough said!
 johninsd
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/4/2009 2:24:09 PM

im in a sticky situation and really dont know what to do about it. ive known this girl for a very long time and recently she told me shes had and still has the biggest crush on me. which i didnt see the clues for a very long time untill now the problem is she has a boyfriend.

This one's easy.

Tell her to dump the boyfriend.

Boyfriend / girlfriend isn't marriage. It's dating. Sometimes, these things don't work out. C'est la vie. There is precisely nothing wrong with telling someone you're dating, "You know, this just isn't working out, so sorry, here's your stuff, have a nice life".

If she won't... walk away and do not communicate with her again. For here there be dragons.
 GuyN3xtDoor
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2009 2:19:03 AM
Well, she seems to like you, but she also likes another guy. If she was really into her boyfriend, she wouldn't be telling you the feelings she has for you. But, beware she's not with you which also tells you something. She may not really know what she wants.

You have told her how you feel about her, so now you need to take a step back and see how she responds, if at all. Also, you need to be respectful of her boyfriend as long as she is seeing him exclusively. You would want the same respect from other men and from her, too.

You shouldn't wait for her because she's with someone currently. So there is no point in waiting. If I were you I would continue to date and keep your options open until you meet the woman that you feel compatible with, whether it is her or someone else.

Hope that is helpful!
 valenciacityx
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/7/2009 12:52:15 AM
Shes ambivalent to her current boyfriend, and didnt tell you for YEARS that she liked you (or she was dropping hints and you missed them, because YOU dont like her like that) move on, move over, move up, but get outta this one. If anything you will be rebound boy for a month and a half, and then she will meet someone that is the "ONE".
 head.cloud123
Msg: 27
Posted: 10/7/2009 4:43:03 AM

.. if she ends up cheating on her current boyfriend with you, because she likes you, somewhere down the road somebody else will come along that she likes and she will cheat on you with him. That's what cheaters do in many cases. If they will cheat with you, they will cheat on you.

Any man who considers being with another man's woman deserves to be cheated on so its not a big loss.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > this girl likes me but has a boyfriend