Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 algha
Msg: 6
Sarcasm...funny or not?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Sarcasm is very funny but do not expect males to always get the joke, insecure ones will of course take it personally, so helps inform of of an individual's tollerancec index. Sarcasm is slick, and quick and should be more widely used as most entertaining, but as well as cause a laugh can also cause a rumpus so lay it on thick and if they respond in a way you do not find entertaining then you know you've got a problem child.
 -morticia-
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Sarcasm...funny or not?
Posted: 9/20/2007 11:45:19 AM
Sarcasm: the last refuge of modest and chaste-souled people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded.
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky

If sarcasm be unattractive then my cause is well and truly lost.

-M-
 restless_native
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Sarcasm...funny or not?
Posted: 9/23/2007 9:06:28 AM
Luigi Vercotti, on the subject of Doug Piranha :

"I was terrified of him. Everyone was terrified of Doug. I've seen grown men pull their own heads off rather than see Doug. Even Dinsdale was frightened of Doug.
He used sarcasm. He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and satire."

I actually found that to be incredibly thought provoking, inciteful and witty. It's actually made my visit to the forum today worthwhile. I've made a note of it so that I can maybe use it at a dinner party to make my friends think that I'm an intellectual.

OT...As for sarcasm. Personally, I rarely use it.
 Forrest Grump
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Sarcasm...funny or not?
Posted: 9/23/2007 5:30:47 PM
POF Worldwide League

America 4 UK 0

Scorers

Pickedlea (o.g. 26)
Tin Hat Head (o.g.28)
Restless native (o.g.29)
Short n ugly (o.g.30)

What sweet irony!

Congratulations rexecetera. It appears you appreciate classic British humour more than some Brits....

Mind you, it took me a minute or so to recognise....

Dinsdale, ......Oh, Dinsdale

:204:

Hums theme music to Monty Pythons Flying Circus

OT If you can't take sarcasm, don't be sarcastic.
 restless_native
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Sarcasm...funny or not?
Posted: 9/23/2007 5:44:36 PM
The other interesting thing about sarcasm is that even those who profess to be experts on the subject sometimes don't spot it.

What sweet irony!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >