Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pantsonfire
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Angels for maddyPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I personally don't choose to put these 'tokens' on my profile... I have been tempted to put one up for the armed forces because they are most definitely a worthy cause...

The one for cancer... Hmmmm is my brothers death any less of a tragedy just because he didn't die of cancer?
Maddies angel? Should we not list every missing child if we feel so strongly for her?

No sorry not my scene, I'd rather show my gratitude and appreciation in a more personal manner and donate directly or write to those concerned ...
 Perikaryon
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/21/2007 2:46:03 PM
The 'angels' are indeed tacky and in bad taste.
As are the 'cancer ribbons'.
This is a dating website...some people might not enjoy clicking on a profile on a dating website only to be reminded of something painful in their past or recent history.

Totally Inappropriate
 Perikaryon
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/21/2007 3:37:52 PM
I'm with the OP on this one....see an angel...best to sling yer hook.

Tacky 'angel' mass hysteria garbage symptomatic of a herd-like psycho anxious to join the media witch-hunt intruding on what is the McCanns PRIVATE family grief.

Same with the 'cancer ribbons'...trite "share yer private loss with the planet" crap guff imported from the USA.

If I wanna read a list of strangers' dead relatives...I'll go read the Births, Marriages & Deaths section in my local newspaper.
 pantsonfire
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/22/2007 4:15:25 AM
^^ DA I don't for one instance think that you are any less hurt or upset by your mothers death than anyone else and I do totally agree and support the pink ribbon campaign.. However, why is their nothing for my brother? He died from renal failure, diabetes and MRSA thanks to a dipsh1t nurse... Can't imagine what colour ribbon I'd need for him...LOL

Because I don't display anything for him, does it mean I love or miss him any less??
Of course not.... I think it is fine for people to display something which holds a personal meaning for them and the cancer ribbon is obviously a subject close to your heart losing a loved one to the disease..

However the Maddie ones do border on the over dramatic don't you think?
 Perikaryon
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/22/2007 5:35:53 AM
Pink 'cancer ribbons' are the grotesque epitome of feminist sexist statistical manipulation sympathy harvesting . Enough adjectives in there for y'all??

More men than women die from cancer and funding/resources are disproportionally skewed in favour of breast and womens cancer than mens cancers.....yet more men than women die from the fookin thing.

Feminist bullshit propaganda to attempt to claim and 'fix' in the public psyche that the only cancer is breast cancer

Little blue ribbons for folk who've lost fathers or brothers to cancer?

Twee pinky/blue purple mix for folks who've lost both parents to cancer?

A place for everything...and for everything a place.

Dating websites are supposed to be fun places to be...NOT fookin painful reminders of lost relatives and loved ones.

If these exhibitionist clowns truly had any 'class' they'd bung off a few grand to their local hospice instead of pissing people off in the wrong places.

The Maddie Angels? sick.

Some people have the self-discipline and common decency to butt out of and avoid the media and psycho-public frenzy regarding that poor child and her family.
Strange that virtually the only place which has kept made me 'updated' of the poor girl...is a dating website.

Oh...and if you were the parents of that poor girl would you be happy seeing your childs name......1 inch below....

'must not have messaged users for intimate encounters or sex'

More 'Class'..... nuff said.
 Perikaryon
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/22/2007 8:54:55 AM
M27:

anyone who is genuinely nice doesn't feel the need to broadcast the fact.

Neither are they tacky self-obsessed exhibitionists intent on pissing people off in inappropriate places.

M31:

I put the support the troops cross on my profile

The 'Support The Troops' logo is the only one of the 'logos' to make any real sense, since our men and women are out there having volunteered to do their bit on our collective behalf. Their parents know it is a voluntary risk our servicemen and women are running on our behalf, their parents can be rightly proud of that fact, and therefore we should all be behind them as a collective

Contrast that with all the Maddy and cancer trash. gimmick logos. No-one volunteers to have a relative die of cancer. Parents don't volunteer to have their child abducted and such tragedies are individual and private affairs....NOT collective risks run on behalf of the nation.

If people wish to slap gimmick trash on their profiles...good luck to 'em as I suspect it turns more people 'off' than 'on'

M26:

why would you have to attempt to bring the clear hatred of women into this??

Confuse ye not a distaste for pc brigade bullshit with nought else, for that would be the equivalent of stating that those without an angel trash gimmick on their profiles are Maddy-haters at best and pro-child abduction and murder at worst.

Might upset and offend people that sort of insinuation.
 Perikaryon
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/22/2007 9:34:46 AM
One of the best things to happen on POF in recent weeks was the 'clean-up' of profiles so they only show peoples faces on their main profile image

The process wiped out the nutjobs displaying all that 'Find Maddy Now!' crap lifted off newspaper front pages.

I hate to interrupt the psychos thought process with a bit of logic...however...this is a dating site.

Did anyone seriously expect anyone else to get off their arse, jump on a plane and go looking for that poor child?? FFS get a grip.

And to see a 'Maddy Angel' underneath ....'must not have messaged users for intimate encounters or sex ?

Thats really gonna cheer the poor parents up if they see that.
 yayawhatever
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/22/2007 8:13:46 PM
Off Topic Posting removed. Address the topic and not other posters.

Thanks to those who remained on topic.

This is the only chat room i have came across that uses them .

Note: This is a discussion forum attached to a dating site. It is not now, nor ever was it a chatroom. People use their profiles to convey whom they are to their perspective dates. The purpose of profiles is not the same as it would be if this were a chatroom. Which it isn't.

Perikaryon
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/23/2007 5:55:13 AM
If people want to turn dating websites into 'virtual cemeteries'....let em get on with it

Post#38 nicely sums up my thoughts re the maddy and cancer stuff

There are indeed very few people that do not know of someone who has died of cancer.

It therefore follows that there are very few people that do not know someone (or maybe themselves) who is currently battling cancer.

Dating websites are supposed to be fun places, a new partner or friend maybe,... light relief from the constant worries and stresses of knowing a loved one is enduring their personal battle.

Optimism and hope for the future is unlikely to be improved by seeing a rollcall of dead bodies on a dating site.

Clearly those self-obsessed me-me-me 'caring cancer ribbon' people have already worked that one out.

(not)
 jannick06
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/23/2007 8:03:34 AM
this is a multitask site
if people want to bring up the plight of a little girl they should be allowed to
 Perikaryon
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/23/2007 3:08:36 PM
What gives these 'maddy angel' dummies the right to second-guess the feelings of those poor parents, who they have never met or asked personally how they feel about having their daughters name hijacked and splattered everywhere as a 'caring person' call-sign??

Anyone here received permission from the parents to hijack their tragic loss??

Anyone here know for certain the mind-set of those parents?

Far more 'tasteful' (if such a thing is appropriate in such circumstances) would be some kind of Stop General Child Abduction logo.

And even that probably stands a fair chance of pissing those parents off.

But...what gives me the right to second-guess a private tragedy and spin up a few 'caring person callsigns'?

Abso-fookin-lookly None.

edit vvv and therein lies the 'problem'....the word 'imagination'...we can all IMAGINE the horror of losing a child...but people don' t KNOW how those parents feel.
People react in different ways.
Ask one of my brothers how they'd feel about seeing HIS daughters name everywhere and used by strangers. ..he might not be bothered.
Ask me and I'd probably rip your head off.
(not you personally matey!)
 leanne1980
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Angels for Maddy
Posted: 2/3/2011 2:47:58 PM
Gerry macaan would have been a great new Director of communications of Cameron ( for anyone who has actually read the files and followed the last 3 years).

Of course as long as we remember she is still out there, then she cannnot be dead.

That is the basic premise.

If she is not dead, no one is accountable, so no pressure on the police from the media.

The truth is hard to live with, but Im sure it gets easier.

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/forum
 badge73
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Angels for maddy
Posted: 2/3/2011 3:51:13 PM
I find its all about the guilt and gang type factor. As soon as one starts one its then used as a stick to beat people with. Its almost like a game of simon says which is quite shocking. The weak play follow the leader whilst those that dont are called names. Expect it from kids, frown at teens but sigh at adults.
 andy1961
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Angels for maddy
Posted: 2/3/2011 11:10:30 PM

From the first week of the maddy story i still believe it was something to do with her parents to this day i believe they are to do with her dissapearance or even death . so yes the angel for maddy should be there because of what the child may have gone through , i dont think it should be there to support her parents as my opinion is they had something to do with it more than they are letting on

leanne1980
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Angels for maddy
Posted: 2/18/2011 1:45:37 PM
the current general consensus, is that because they put the children to bed with sleeping pills ( not disputed ) and left them alone ( not disputed ) -

I dont think they killed her or had her kidnapped , nor do most people who have read the case.
If you want to know........................................
They alledgedley found her injured or dead after she woke up and had an accident while she was half asleep. Then they decided it would look bad and maybe panicked about the other two being taken away.
The body was scented by dogs next door ( her dead body , and in the boot of their hire car ).
Her mum ( kate )refused to awnser questions about maddies dissapernce or help with the re inactment - why ?
Instead the morning of the official re inactment of maddies kidnapping, the macanns rushed to the airport and fkew home......but why if she was still alive and they hadnt lied?
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >