Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LouLou8902
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Why don't any woman like guys who do drugs?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
hard drugs I could understand b/c they do nothing but ruin your life and most people on them aren't about sh**, but i guess weed is ok if you dont abuse it or spend all your money on it.
 word nurd
Msg: 28
Why don't any woman like guys who do drugs?
Posted: 9/23/2007 2:26:13 PM
As usual, no one says it better than the gang from South Park. Some editing was necessary to bypass the filters, mmmkay?

[Mr. Mackey:] There are times when you get suckered in
By drugs and alchohol and sex with women-mmkay
But its when you do these things too much
That you've become an addict and must get back in touch
You can do it Its all up to you-mmmmmkay
With a little plan you can change your life tooo-day
You dont have to spend your life addicted to smack
Homeless on the streets giving handjobs for crack
Follow my plan and very soon you will see-eeyy, its easy mmkay

Step 1: Instead of a$s say buns, like "kiss my buns" or "you're a buns hole"

Step 2: Instead of shiat say poo, as in "bull poo", "poo head" and this "poo is cold"

Step 3: With biatch drop the t because bich is latin for generosity

Step 4: Dont say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

[Children:] We can do it its all up to us-mmmkay (mmmkay)
With a little plan we can change our lives tooo-day
Mr, Mackey: you can change it today
Everyone: We don't have to spend our lives shootin up in the trash
Homeless on the streets giving handjobs for cash
Follow this plan and very soon you will see-eey
Its easy mmkay!

[Mr. Mackey:] Step 1 Children: Instead of a$s say buns,
like kiss my buns or you're a buns hole

[Mr. Mackey:] Step 2 Children: Instead of shiat say poo,
as in bull poo, poo head and this poo is cold

[Mr. Mackey:] Step 3 Children: With biatch drop the t
because bich is latin for generosity

[Mr. Mackey:] Step 4 Children: Dont say f*ck any more

[Everyone:] Cuz f*ck is the worst word that you can say
[Children:] F*ck is the worst word that you can say
We shouldn't say f*ck, no we shouldn't say f*ck, f*ck nooooo!!!
[Mr. Mackey:] Your cured, you can go!
[Everyone:] We don't have to spend our lives shootin up in the trash
homeless on the streets giving handjobs for cash
Follow this plan and very soon you will saaay
Its easy mmmkay!
[Children:] It's easy mmmkay!
[Mr. Mackey:] It's easy mmmkay!
[Children:] It's easy mmmkay!
[Mr. Mackey:] It's easy mmmkaaaaaaaayy
[Children:] It's easy mmm
It's easy mmm
It's easy mmm
It's easy mmmkaaaay
[both finish at same time]
[laughing]
[Mr. Mackey:] Mmmkay
Mmmkay
Mmmkay
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2007 4:04:06 PM
Because they do drugs...

At my age I have seen what drugs do to a lot of people. I've buried quite a few friends... I've seen people lose families and businesses and themselves sometimes. For the small amount of those who can handle a toke once in a while..I'd raher not take the chance. Also I have a child...and my home and life is drug free.

just my choice
 jessikaowl
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/23/2007 4:08:18 PM
alien space tourist - it's not really illegal in some places. At least in England (and Canada) they won't send you to jail for it or anything crazy like that, it's not really a legal issue.

big sister - way to be mis-informed! his post was anything but paranoid & was a very valid (and good) question!

london lass - maybe a girl who wasn't stuck up and ignorant?

EB1 - finally a decent answer! THANK YOU!

so seizure.... looks like you need to work on your profile in general, but for the drugs thing, those girls who don't like it can go screw themselves. If they don't know anything about weed or refuse to let anything except the outwright lies and propaganda fill their silly little heads, why would you want to date a mindless drone idiot that won't ever experiment or accept people who do?

I don't drink, do drugs, or anything else..... I know I know, boring eh? But I'm not going to dismiss someone because they smoke weed if it doesn't interfear with their life, job, or the company they keep.

Although, and I know this is going to sound bad...... if they smoke cigarettes, they can get the hell away from me cuz I'm not going anywhere near them! lol
But unlike pot, smoking is awful for you, WILL kill you (pot will not), and will make you smell like poooooooooooooo!
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2007 4:08:19 PM
postscript;

I've done my partying...and in the eighties it was one party after another, one big decade long drunk and drug party. Like an earlier poster said..I've already done my share, and grown out of it.

Nothing against those who do..it's just not for me anymore.
 jessikaowl
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/23/2007 4:38:32 PM
Yeah the company that made it (Sandoz) likes to keep that on the DL ;)

If you're a good person, you're a good person.... if you smoke up or not. One of my friends smokes up about twice a month, and I sure as hell hope a girl wouldn't pass him by or not like him because of that!

If it's not a problem for him (if he's not a "stoner"), it shouldn't be a problem for her. Casual, once and a while pot smoking is not a flaw, but it's seen as one by lots of women. Too bad for them I say!

london lass, you look VERY silly, and have no idea what you are talking about..... maybe you should do some reading and then come back when you aren't talking out of your ass. If you don't know the difference between pot and crack.... I feel sorry for you.

FYI, there has never been a death by marijuana overdose. In fact, marijuana has NEVER been stated as the primary cause of a death. So ummmmm, stick that in your pipe and smoke it. aaaaaa ha ha ha ha

READ about something if you don't understand it.
 jessikaowl
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/23/2007 4:59:48 PM
dear lass..... get off your high horse and read something that wasn't vomited on you by a religious or government group sometime, you might actually learn something. Even at your age you can still learn things right? Or can you really NOT teach an old lass new tricks? Save your name calling for someone who gives a crap.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2007 5:00:33 PM
It's so funny to hear the younger people using the same stuff to defend drugs that I used to over 20 years ago!

wow, things really do stay the same don't they? I remember telling people that I would be tokin' in my rockin' chair, I would never change!... I would love to be able to have this same conversation with the same people in 20 years. That would be a riot! Of course I had to change my, "don't trust anyone over thirty" motto when I became 30, and then 40...

too much!
 thatguy276
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2007 9:37:15 PM
In reply to your first post when you said "I've been on this site for over three months and no-one has taken any intrest! Is it because of the section on my profile that say's i take drugs socially, or cause i'm an ugly c*" Well, I don't think it's the drugs. I've been on this site since June. I don't do drugs, won't do drugs, you can't pay me to do drugs because my job tests me randomly and I'll get fired and black listed if I test positive and I still haven't found anyone interested. So based on that, I don't think you can lay a lot of blame on the drugs.
 amelodyforadrian
Msg: 91
Posted: 9/25/2007 4:19:16 AM
I love people who ask for advice, then go about blasting everyone who gives their opinion on the subject. If you can't stand the heat, then it may be time to shut up and live your life the way you want to OR make one last positive change and lose the weed.

It's your choice, but if you choose to do drugs then you need to understand some people aren't going to want that in their life and get over it. Stick to your own kind. Look for girls who smoke weed too.
 svj
Msg: 122
Posted: 10/10/2007 12:56:06 PM
Even SEX addictions can be harmful.
I now consider us even for my blaspheme from another thread.

OP:
Dope is no different than alcohol. A drink a day does no harm, and depending on the research you read, is beneficial. 6 drinks a day is a fast track to liver disease, heart problems, chemical imbalance of the brain, etc.

Same goes for dope. 1/10g once in awhile has no effect. Smoking a gram or more a day is likely gonna mess you up. Have a look at anyone who has experienced health detriments due to weed. Chances are, they made Cheech Marin look like Jerry Falwell.

But if you just light up now and then, I wouldn't worry about it. There are plenty of women on here that have "No" under the drugs section because:

a) They don't consider Mary Jane a drug. Neither do I, it's a plant. Aspirin is a drug. Aspirin has killed people. Mary Jane has not.
b) They want to be able to send/receive mail from people that have "No drug users allowed" in their mail filter.
c) They prefer to keep it on the DL until they can determine whether or not they like the guy or not, and make their case at the time if and when it becomes an issue.

Personally, I have "no" in my profile for all three reasons.
(Although for C, I gotta *really* like the guy...wha? Oh sh*t. )

I'm not terribly concerned about whether someone views it as "lying" or "game-playing", as the definition of "drug" is all in your personal perspective.

Plus, given my personality, I would never end up going that far with someone that was too uptight to accept that sort of thing, so it all takes care of itself. I presume you're of like mind...?

So just go for whomever strikes your fancy. You can get an idea of their receptiveness to that sort of thing within 5 minutes of a first date.

Although as a tip.. if they go beyond the pulldown menus and specifically say "No druggies" in their description, they frickin' MEAN it. No exceptions, no explanations. That mind has been closed, taped off, and boarded shut.

Hope that helped.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2008 4:34:32 PM
i don't care if a guy smokes a joint, i don't care if he buys a qt (pot smokers knows what that is) once in a while....as long as he still has his priorities straight, holds his position in work, and doesn't have to steal to support his habit i'm cool with someone firing up a joint. what i don't approve of is people (men or women) booting or shooting up or doing anything in front of kids or in the house with kids around. do a line and i don't care, smoke a joint and i still don't care...that's your prerogative just don't take things out on me!

hell, i smoke cigarettes and people say that nicotine is a drug. some people drink as well, like i said......it's your prerogative.

okay, i'm ready for the firing line now
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2008 8:38:51 PM
well.... it COULD be because they use drugs (wait.. AND it's illegal)

I've had my share of relationships.. and from experience I can say that mind altering ANYTHING is a deal breaker for me. Bad, bad, bad experiences.. . and yes, I gave it my best shot.. over and over and over until I finally figured out that it's not a lifestyle that is good for me, or even appeals to me anymore. When you are into the drugs you can not see how it affects you..and they most certainly change a person... rarely, if ever, for the good. Plus I have a child and I will not tolerate drugs around her, or myself. PLUS, you actually have to know drug dealers to procure said drugs... not a wise thing at all... dealers are the biggest squealers on the planet...if busted they will not think twice about droppin' your stupid name to the cops to save their ass.

I'm 42... the party is over, and I want to actually enjoy living for the rest of my life.

Been there, done that...never doing it again.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  >