Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ticketoride
Msg: 19
serial deleters and post complainersPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Take away the voting option and keep threads based on their popularity.

Has to based on the Guidelines as to what constitutes a Forum.
Chatting may well be popular, but not here, popular or not.
Trolling & Flamewars are popular on USENET, not here.
Wrong Yardstick, doesn't work, been there, done that.

It's also frustrating to go to the trouble to write a well thought out response to a thread and have it disappear out from under you.
Related Links:Forums: User Votes wrongly delete Threads
Forums: Prevent your Thread from being deleted
 nipoleon
Msg: 20
view profile
History
serial deleters and post complainers
Posted: 10/1/2007 12:21:20 AM
I'm not suggesting keeping chat threads or trolls. Those are obviously against the rules. But, a perfectly good forum subject should be allowed a chance to live or die by it's own merits. It shouldn't be killed off because a few people don't like it in the first 20 minutes.
There are thousands of people here and a thread needs a chance to be viewed.
If people want to post on something let them post.
When they get tired of it and stop posting, then kill it off or send it to the archives.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/1/2007 2:19:53 AM
It shouldn't be killed off because a few people don't like it in the first 20 minutes.

In any Event, a Thread would have to be approved/rejected on the Basis of what is or isn't a Forum, ie. Frequently Asked Questions

If it goes outside that Sphere, we have something else. Not negotiable.

Always up to the Admin, but I have no disagreements extending it to 18/24 votes over a 24 Hour Span.

That would be more than enough Input to qualify a Thread.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/13/2008 1:40:47 PM
Some folk seem to delete based on who posts, rather than what's being discussed. Step on a crybaby's toes with an opinion base that makes them question themselves, and you're on a list. The voting should not be anonymous. A list of who voted should be sent to the deleted thread's starter.
 oldsoul
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/13/2008 3:10:08 PM
A list of who voted should be sent to the deleted thread's starter.

Why?

What would be the purpose in sending a person the list of voters who voted their thread off when that person cannot even take the time to read AND understand the rules ( posted at the top of EACH forum) before posting a thread?

What possible insight would that person gain from knowing the people who DO understand the rules?

And what is so hard about understanding that a thread asking who should pay for dinner or why do people read/delete or "what's wrong with me" or "why can't I get a date" is either redundant/done to absolute death or troll/pity/attention seeking which are ALL against the rules??

And how many time will the Moderators have to repeat over and over again that those people who do abuse their voting privileges ( it's a privilege and NOT a right) by voting a valid thread to be deleted OR by continuously voting to keep invalid threads by voting to keep them will end up losing their voting privileges altogether??

There are no favorites and no one gets a free pass and if it was up to me, at least half of all new threads would be deleted for their sheer stup...err...redundancy.

Personally, I think that a mandatory reading and understanding of the rules of the forums before allowing anyone to post or start a new thread on the forums should be required. Either by having to answer a true or false questionnaire or by whatever other means possible. That to me and in my opinion would be a lot more useful than knowing who voted your thread off.

JMO
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/13/2008 4:49:56 PM

Why?

People tend to be more thoughtful in the open, than under the cover of anonymity.

I think the option to delete a thread should come after it has been up for a certain amount of time, rather than instantly after being posted. Say 12/24 hours. My last thread was neither supid nor redundant. (Maybe playful is the word you're looking for.) I did a search.

You're right though. I see many threads that make me scratch my head, wondering how they made it past the trigger happy deletion police. Maybe it's because they are put up at a time when the site isn't very busy, and after they've been up long enough, they can't be touched.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/13/2008 4:59:39 PM
Subject: serial deleters and post complainers

Don't post redundant threads and you won't have that problem - Learn to use your FORUM Thread Search Tool to avoid having your threads deleted - eg. your shower sex thread.

Yeah, you got me on that one; but, the last one was not redundant. I did a search, and nothing had been posted in Relationships along the same vein. I think there was a knee jerk reaction to the word "farting" before reading the post. No big loss; but, it did make me start questioning the way threads are deleted, before they are given a chance to go anywhere.

Who am I to question a system that's been in place for a while? At least I did a search, and didn't start a new thread. lol
 Indigo rose
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/13/2008 7:20:34 PM

Don't post redundant threads and you won't have that problem

There is nothing new under the POF sun. It's all been talked about before.
I vote to delete this thread.
 MCL4
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/30/2015 8:08:58 AM
It's crazy things like this.. how is it trolling?

http://i.imgur.com/EgVKkcV.jpg
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >