Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Theonly1!
Msg: 6
Date tonightPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I suggest wearing a large name tag to the date and see if he laughs or not... if he laughs and says "ya, I'm terrible with names, sorry"... then it's cool!
 tdh46
Msg: 13
Date tonight
Posted: 9/29/2007 6:32:38 AM
Yea that's it lady don't go for some stupid reason. Just another case of making a mountain out of a molehill. No wonder most of us are still single.
 tdh46
Msg: 16
Date tonight
Posted: 9/29/2007 7:18:59 AM
"i decided not to go and will be making a phone call today and explaining why. I feel i owe him at least that"

Don't you think you owed him this phone call before you stood him up not after?. But i guess this is your way of getting back at him for not remembering your name.... touche, well done, hope it made you feel better

I think that this guy dogged a bullit by forgetting your name. You're really clueless.
 wickedgood
Msg: 33
Date tonight
Posted: 9/29/2007 10:23:29 AM
Well, OP and all, there are a couple of different threads going on here, and obviously a couple of different opinions.

My name is Henk, and nearly no one can pronounce it correctly, its a Dutch name, and it becomes Hank. I try to help people pronounce it, but it is much easier to say Hank, and it's acceptable to me.

OP mentioned that the name the guy said was close, not that he didnt remmber some
"but this guy keeps calling me the wrong name...close but not my name...".

I can only guess and I won't try to psychoanalyze, but maybe OP, you are also nervous as any of us would be on a first date? Its a tough call because there are perhaps other things going on, subliminally that your intuition is picking up but can't put words to it. And you may even be afraid to confront people or in particular this person.

Other folks, be gentle, I am sure that each of us has hesitated doing what we knew was "right" or "polite" when we were afraid. And sure we can also rationalize that there's nothing to be afraid of ..... but yet we are afraid ....

You have to be commended on following your gut. From my own experience, you can't go wrong if you follow your gut instinct, no matter how weird at first your decision may have seemed.

Be gentle with yourself, and you can be gentle with others ...

Henk
 dentwebb
Msg: 35
Date tonight
Posted: 9/29/2007 11:02:57 AM
I would say go with your gut feeling! But, I have a difficult time remembering a name of someone I have never met yet myself. After that no problem...
 kwh56
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Date tonight
Posted: 9/29/2007 11:14:28 AM
Wow I dont believe this!! Go out with the guy and see how it goes. I for one have trouble remembering names. I can forget one within seconds but can remember a number,Dates times and about anything else. Give the guy a chance. He might well be one you dont want to get away!
 tdh46
Msg: 42
Date tonight
Posted: 9/29/2007 12:03:19 PM
"maybe because most of you have the sensitivy of a rock!"

Ouch i am guessing that comment was directed squarely at me. In my defence Livingquestion you do have a name that's very easily mispronounced

But unlike the Op and her nondate we did make it past the name thing.
 litlebear
Msg: 44
Date tonight
Posted: 9/29/2007 12:35:03 PM
if you dont want to go out with him i will go out with you anytime sweetheart what is your name and number. my name is mark i am 44 yrs old been div 1 yr now let me know thanks mark
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >