Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HB2
Msg: 6
For Those of Us Who Are Used to Living Alone....Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
that's the difference between being alone and being lonely
 Domeroth
Msg: 8
For Those of Us Who Are Used to Living Alone....
Posted: 5/17/2005 8:39:41 PM
I guess it all depends on if you are willing to make the sacrafice of freedom. Love can get you to, trust me.

Don't worry about it though, you won't die if you remain single.
 Domeroth
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/17/2005 8:55:07 PM
Yeah, that or you get REALLY depressed one night, and decide to swallow a bullet. Nobody'd be there to stop you.

always_striving
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:28:53 PM
You could purchase 2 houses next to each other with a connecting hallway. That might work.
 ricburts
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/17/2005 10:09:19 PM
I don't know I was single for a long time and that was fine. then I got married and I liked having someone there, but now that I'm single agian it's nice to be gone fishing and not have to worry if someones feelings are hurt or to be able to stay out with the boys and not have to sneak home. Best of all none yells when I leave the toilet seat up
 Intercooler
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2006 10:55:02 AM
I find there is an ebb and flow to this situation. When I married, I grew to love having her share my space. Then when I divorced, I hated the empty feeling in the house with no one else around. Now, I live alone and LOVE having it all to myself and keeping whatever weird schedule I desire. However, I am here in part because I'd really like to share my life again....to eventually include sharing space.

I also think it's a good indicator that, if you can see yourself sharing a space with someone, you might be ready for a relationship to come into your life.
 Remodel_Guy
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2006 11:05:56 AM
I have lived alone for almost 6 years now, after a nearly 22 yr marriage.
Even though the ExWife wasnt the mate I want to spend the rest of my life with, It was nice knowing someone was there when you went to bed, and when you woke up in the morning.
My choice is to find the right person to live with, and share a space together....There will always be things that bug you, and the same from there end...But, the overall reward far outweighs the minor issues 2 mates have to work on, to meet each others needs in life.
As far as my beliefs go, I believe life was meant to be shared with someone you care for....And I look forward to the day, that I find that very special woman who I want to share my space with........ Sigh
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2006 12:05:50 PM
I'm very much a loner, but also enjoy having someone sharing my life. Enjoy the time spent doing both.

I was totally on my own for five years, and then was married for seventeen. It caused me no problems whatsoever.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2006 12:17:14 PM

I don't know... I would still have to get in my alone time but I guess I could adjust..maybe..sorta ..for the right man I could do anything

I think that's one of the big "secrets" to a successful relationship, the ability to have "alone time" . We all need that, and it just makes the relationship stronger.
 Remodel_Guy
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2006 3:35:27 AM
When you find the one you want to share your space with, you will find your own time for personal reflections....
It may not be exactly the alone time you are used to, but you will find that time somewheres in your relationship. It might be as simple as your ride home from work...Perhaps while he is outside working in the yard, or splitting wood...It might just be the time spent soaking in your bathtub..alone, with some candles...
When you find that one, you have to adjust your time to blend with his/her time
I, personally will always find my own time, when its not possible to be side by side...But, after being alone for so long, I look forward to the day, when I will gladly give up my space, and open my heart up to someone special...Thats what life is about......Sharing
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/17/2006 11:21:36 PM

My question is...how would you be able to adjust if by chance someone came into your life and down the line it was decided that you two wanted to live together. Used to having your own space and everything, will it be a really tough phase to have to adjust sharing your space with someone else, and having to completely re-adjust some of your habits in order to cater to the other person?

There are all sorts of answers to this problem. You don't HAVE to live with someone you love. Keeping separate residency is one option. You have the comfort of your very own space and the ability to both agree when and if you choose to be together. Conventional relationships may not dictate this avenue, but whatever works for the individual couple.

Then there is the move-in with separate areas route (I did this once.) I had my "room" for nights when I simply wanted to sleep alone. He was perfectly happy to let me be me and we did not have one argument about my needing an insane amount of alone time. He may have been a rare find, but he "got" me.

If two people are truly into one another, there is always a way to work things out for the benefit of both parties. Sometimes you just have to think in non-conforming ways.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/17/2006 11:21:52 PM

My question is...how would you be able to adjust if by chance someone came into your life and down the line it was decided that you two wanted to live together. Used to having your own space and everything, will it be a really tough phase to have to adjust sharing your space with someone else, and having to completely re-adjust some of your habits in order to cater to the other person?

There are all sorts of answers to this problem. You don't HAVE to live with someone you love. Keeping separate residency is one option. You have the comfort of your very own space and the ability to both agree when and if you choose to be together. Conventional relationships may not dictate this avenue, but whatever works for the individual couple.

Then there is the move-in with separate areas route (I did this once.) I had my "room" for nights when I simply wanted to sleep alone. He was perfectly happy to let me be me and we did not have one argument about my needing an insane amount of alone time. He may have been a rare find, but he "got" me.

If two people are truly into one another, there is always a way to work things out for the benefit of both parties. Sometimes you just have to think in non-conforming ways.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/17/2006 11:28:39 PM

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >