Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Vannili
Msg: 81
view profile
History
why only date good looking prima donna's?Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I wonder too why REAL MEN date barbie doll type, I guess they are far sighted they don't see the beauty inside a woman... opps, just joking rephrasing the question. head down in a little voice sorry ,Verityone.

celts123
Msg: 85
why only date good looking prima donna's?
Posted: 5/31/2009 9:53:04 AM
I know this thread was created 4 years ago. But these types of comments have been stated many times on POF. This doesn't apply to all or most men. I have contacted plenty of women that I thought were average looking at best because of their profile. Yet most of these emails were read / deleted. This is not a gender specific issue. There are plenty of women that would reject a man. That could be a good match for her. Simply because he doesn't exactly meet a long list of requirements ( such as being 1-2 inches under a certain height ) or because he doesn't have super attractive photos of himself.
 Miss W
Msg: 86
Posted: 5/31/2009 10:00:15 AM
On the other hand...you meet some people who are neither attractive or nice who have a great relationship with a terrific person and it makes you wonder what this person has that someone else would want. Just a personal observation.
 x_file
Msg: 88
Posted: 5/31/2009 10:08:44 AM

i have a question for the REAL MEN. why do men only tend to go for dating the "good looking prima donna barbie doll type?"

Not a real men, not by womens' definition of a real men. So, I will speak for myself, and not for all "real men".

I do it for two reasons:

1) Ego. I like the little fella and so I feed him from time to time.

2) I have noticed that I come much harder when f*cking prima donna's and I'm hoping that one day the pleasure will be so intense from coming, that my heart will explode, and that will be the only thing I will remember... before I go to hell.

it seems that guys tend to look a picture and base their whole wanting or not wanting to be someone based on physical apperance.

Yep, we are visual creatures. And women make sure that their physical appearance is as good as it can get... in terms of what men find attractive of course, or more specially in terms of what the type of men they are looking for find attractive... and thank you! Of course, you women never actually admit that's what you are doing... and that's fine... I know better.

a girl could have a beautiful face, great personality, had have her head on straight, but if she has a litl bit bigger ass than a size 8 you guys run and dart and lable her as the perfect "sister or bestfriend" so why date something that will fade in time and not date something that will always be there.

Cause when we date we are not necessarily looking for someone who will always be there, sometimes we look for someone who can f*ck good and leave in the morning.

"Good girls" simply don't know how to f*ck. Society has convinced them that "good girls don't". In other words to be a good girl you have to be sexually timid... no good f*cking can come from "sexually timid"... hence guys aren't interested in "good girls". Inner beauty and being "a good girl" are linked and ofter happen to be one and the same - and some women are duped into believing that is true.

And of course, the same applies to "bad boys"... that's why they are so desirable... they don't hide their sexual intentions and will give a woman a memorable f*cking. "Good guys" on the other hand are bunch of pu$$ies and well trained by women to be a woman.

...that is the beauty inside a person...

No argument there. But I want the inner beauty AND the outer AND the best sex in one woman. The outer beauty is what attracts me and what will make me explorer her inner beauty. Her inner beauty and sex is what will make me stay with her in the long run. The three together make a killer combination.

When you only have inner beauty you have to work hard to make guys notice it... you have to pursue guys. When you only have the outer beauty, guys will come to you, but then you have to work really hard to keep one.

And sex, well that should be self explanatory.... when you only have sex to offer, you are fucked!

I think I've spilled enough truth for one day.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 92
Posted: 5/31/2009 10:43:38 AM

You have a choice between dating a 5' man who is a public school teacher and a 6' man who dropped out of high school and works as a day laborer when he needs beer money. Which would you choose? Be honest.

Since these 2 men aren't real, only examples.. there's no way to answer. Without being able to know either man, no woman can answer.
 kpooks
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2009 11:27:39 AM
Like good-looking women...but DO NOT like prima donnas. A stuck-up, selfish attitude pretty much undermines her good looks.
 JustMary65
Msg: 96
Posted: 5/31/2009 4:15:07 PM
I'm not one to pick on thin/attractive/barbie doll types---cuz everyone has value, but the thing is not everyone subscribes to your thinking--SOME men and women just want the good looking sorts---but often times discover if all you have is a pretty face and nothing else----BLAH.

I don't want anyone to 'date' me or ask me out out of sympathy---I want someone who wants my company for all the right reasons----not just cuz I got a pretty face--big boobs and a big butt..lol. Beauty is only skin deep..but ugly is to the bone...and I'm referring to attitude.

I'm a fat happy well adjusted 43 yr old and I've never lacked for male suitors. Do all men who seek me out have good or noble intentions...no...but I'm pretty good with the man-dar and can weed out most of the wanna be nice to me guys vs the wanna get me in bed and bang me and run away sorts too...lol.

Op---I have a a lot of very attractive female friends who are single and find that having good looks is sometimes a curse and not a blessing. I have more luck with men than they do and it boggles them why. Personality goes a long way-----while most men are NOT attracted to plus sized gals----there are plenty that are and shower me with a lot of attention, but I treat them as I wish to be treated.

If men aren't interested in you it's not because a plethora of beauty queens are beating them to ya---it might just be your pessimism shines brighter than your purty smile.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 97
Posted: 5/31/2009 4:55:16 PM

i have a question for the REAL MEN. why do men only tend to go for dating the "good looking prima donna barbie doll type?" it seems that guys tend to look a picture and base their whole wanting or not wanting to be someone based on physical apperance. a girl could have a beautiful face, great personality, had have her head on straight, but if she has a litl bit bigger ass than a size 8 you guys run and dart and lable her as the perfect "sister or bestfriend" so why date something that will fade in time and not date something that will always be there....that is the beauty inside a person.........help me out with this one.

Because we can.

And people can be beautiful on the inside and the outside.

That's what I look for.
 cannpeters
Msg: 100
Posted: 5/31/2009 5:27:06 PM
Some men are like that. Some women only want to date extremely good-looking men. Everyone wants to date someone they are attracted to. It's just the way things work. I can say it is frustrating when I see men go for women who are gorgeous but who are not very nice, lots of drama, high maintenance and then ask me why all women are like that? I alwasys answer that all women are not like that, but the ones they pick are!

Of course, I know pretty women who are very sweet, too, so being beautiful does not necessarily mean a bad personality, nor does being less attractive mean the person has a heart of gold.

I have decided to be who I am. I can get ready in less than 10 minutes. I love being outside and don't mind pulling my hair back and getting dirty. I can sweat and enjoy it. I am not thin, but can play tennis for hours on end without getting worn out. I decided a few weeks back to start working out hard again (after a broken wrist injury) and have been working with a personal trainer. I want to get my former shape back, and I know I feel great when working out. I have no desire to be fake, plastic, fake-bake (I have the best tan you'll see anyways naturally), or take 2 hours to get ready. Heck, I don't even want to wear fake nails. I'm going to be me, and I think some guy out there will like it!

I see plenty of regular women like me, and they get dates/boyfriends/husbands. So I would say keep the best attitude possible. I know it's easy to grow bitter sometimes (I've been there), but that type of attitude turns men off so quickly. Don't do it!!!
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2009 9:39:07 AM

she was the typical homely third world girl this guy bought and paid for

How "catty" of you! Sounds like he got a Toyota rather than a Ford. I hear those foreign imports are better quality and less maintenance.
 cw35
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2009 11:27:28 AM
Women are blindly obsessed with looks and height for the most part so you can't rant about it being a guy thing.
 curiousaboutu77
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 4:10:34 AM
I don't think with most men this is the case. I think most of the time they go for someone that they will get along with and attracted to but that doesn't mean barbie doll type as everyone finds different people attractive or not attractive. I think the ones your talking about are after the one night stand or booty call. In fact, if these forums are anything to go by, most guys fail to get a response at all from most women let alone the barbie types. I hope most men that aren't that fickle any way other wise there will be many jaded women out there in the dating world.
 NYCman530
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 4:35:48 AM
It's personal preference. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I personally prefer a woman to be attractive on the inside as well as the outside, she doesn't have to look like a Playboy centerfold, but she should be in shape. And she could be drop dead gorgeous, but if she's too unstable, I have no room for her. As far as the original poster is concerned, you say your body is on the thick side. You have a couple of options. You can go to a BBW site where guys love heavy women, or you could go on a weightloss program with proper diet and exercise.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 114
Posted: 10/30/2009 5:17:50 AM
I could be considered a "Barbie Doll" type in that I'm weight proportionate, have blonde hair and blue eyes, etc.

But why is it that "Barbie Doll" types are always being labeled as "drama queens," "b*itches," "ugly on the inside" and "superficial" by women who are angry because they're not getting dates? I'm none of those things and if anything, I'm constantly being accused of being too nice and too giving and too loving.

This nonsense gets so freakin old after a while.
 CookieLady66
Msg: 117
Posted: 10/30/2009 6:29:18 AM
If Barbie is so great, how come you have to buy her friends?
 TheReason_
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 8:25:16 AM
You were 430lbs when you were born????

Your profile has absolutely no information on it.

None

you are attractive, but there is nothing there. I don't have a clue what you are interested in, what you like, dislke, etc. Etc.

Work on your profile. Pics are good. A full body shot would help.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 4:14:40 PM

Does that mean that, what, thin women, or pretty women, don't possess inner beauty?
Yanno Sweetness... I know a lot of women that fit the whole Barbie description... and I'll be damned if they aren't the nicest bunch of women you could imagine... the inner beauty actually makes them stunningly beautiful. I'd love to be jealous of them, but I can't find it in me to dislike them for any reason...

I think the issue is that when push comes to shove, a normal gal like me can't compete with the beauty and the personality combining... that's why god gave us normal gals rye... it's the great equalizer in catching a man...
 soflnighteagle
Msg: 125
Posted: 10/30/2009 4:20:08 PM
I'm glad to know that women don't look at the physical, get real.
 Strings6
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 4:37:50 PM
I wish people who start these threads,instead of whinning,would list all of the benefits of a man or woman dating someone they have absolutely no physical attraction for,do not want to touch or be touched by...share your wisdom with the rest of us...personailty alone is great for friendships..a romantic relationship includes friendship but also includes physical intimacy...which is mighy hard to go for if you have no attraction for someone.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 4:44:17 PM

list all of the benefits of a man or woman dating someone they have absolutely no physical attraction for,do not want to touch or be touched by...share your wisdom with the rest of us
A few pros off the top of my head...

1. Population control. Less sex means less children.
2. Higher taxes available for the government. More alcohol purchased for the times that sex is really needed.
3. More career focused people. They don't want to be home as much, so they're at the office.
4. More diverse society. When they do have to be home, they're partaking of different activities to keep busy.
5. Threads such as this so that there is something to post to when I'm at home alone on a Friday night cause I forgot to bring the correct amount of rye the night before...

Just to name a few...
 Strings6
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 6:07:01 PM
I'm a firm beleiver that here is no such thing as a woman too ugly to get a man,with that said women who start such threads are usualy not interested in the men that are interested in them for the same reasons they bemoan...which of course makes them hypocrites.....your list is however impressive and perhaps some benefit to society is to be had from such relationships.
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 6:44:32 PM
Because you donna have no vino so you looka for someone like momma who cooks a greata pizza pie and isa saint god bless.

And she was pretty hot in those 80's videos too. ('Like a Virgin" soundtrack running through head)

Guess we all want something some else has- All you can do is just be you and let fate take care of the rest.
 SwimminWithTheFishies
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 8:05:42 PM
Wow... this thread is really, really old.

If I was to guess, the OP was probably complaining cause the only men that were responding to her were also 5 ft , 250+ pounds and not the pretty boys. LOL. Seek your reasonable equal and they are much easier to catch and hang onto long-term.
 Vannili
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 8:55:38 PM
How do you know that those REAL MEN are only dating good looking prima donna barbie doll type ?
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 9:26:18 PM
I think Chris is right; it's about preference. You have to be attracted to someone, and this includes the physical as well as the mental.

There are plenty of men who prefer meatier women. It is simply NOT true that men only date good looking prima donnas. In the first place, good looking is very subjective; secondly, "prima donna" has negative connotations, for both men & women. Go to any movie theater or restaurant, and you'll see the evidence.

Trueblue, I agree with you too. If you are not a good fit, it won't last long.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >