Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Strings6
Msg: 128
view profile
History
why only date good looking prima donna's?Page 8 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I'm a firm beleiver that here is no such thing as a woman too ugly to get a man,with that said women who start such threads are usualy not interested in the men that are interested in them for the same reasons they bemoan...which of course makes them hypocrites.....your list is however impressive and perhaps some benefit to society is to be had from such relationships.
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 130
view profile
History
why only date good looking prima donna's?
Posted: 10/30/2009 6:44:32 PM
Because you donna have no vino so you looka for someone like momma who cooks a greata pizza pie and isa saint god bless.

And she was pretty hot in those 80's videos too. ('Like a Virgin" soundtrack running through head)

Guess we all want something some else has- All you can do is just be you and let fate take care of the rest.
 SwimminWithTheFishies
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 8:05:42 PM
Wow... this thread is really, really old.

If I was to guess, the OP was probably complaining cause the only men that were responding to her were also 5 ft , 250+ pounds and not the pretty boys. LOL. Seek your reasonable equal and they are much easier to catch and hang onto long-term.
 Vannili
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 8:55:38 PM
How do you know that those REAL MEN are only dating good looking prima donna barbie doll type ?
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 9:26:18 PM
I think Chris is right; it's about preference. You have to be attracted to someone, and this includes the physical as well as the mental.

There are plenty of men who prefer meatier women. It is simply NOT true that men only date good looking prima donnas. In the first place, good looking is very subjective; secondly, "prima donna" has negative connotations, for both men & women. Go to any movie theater or restaurant, and you'll see the evidence.

Trueblue, I agree with you too. If you are not a good fit, it won't last long.
 computerhead
Msg: 137
Posted: 10/30/2009 10:27:54 PM
I don't baby. I like 'em all and they all like me.
 ellevart
Msg: 138
Posted: 10/31/2009 4:41:52 PM
First of all, I don't have time for prima donnas, good looking or otherwise. When I date a lady, if she looks good, her attitude has to be good too. You don't get a pass from looks. If a lady is what I want, I date her, attraction needs to be there, but she will be the best looking woman anyway because she's with me. ...and no, this does not mean you have to be some model. If your mind and heart are in the right place, you'd be surprised at how beautiful you are to me.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2009 4:34:45 AM

a girl could have a beautiful face, great personality, had have her head on straight, but if she has a litl bit bigger ass than a size 8 you guys run and dart and lable her as the perfect "sister or bestfriend" so why date something that will fade in time and not date something that will always be there....that is the beauty inside a person.........help me out with this one.
Gosh, I couldn't really tell ya BUT....it DOES spawn another question:

WHY do women who are OVER a size 8 automatically ASSUME and INSIST that ALL women who ARE a size 8 (or whatever size is smaller than their own) do NOT possess the qualities of: a beautiful face, great personality, have her head on straight, etc, etc????

While I certainly don't consider myself "petite" (size 8), I'm far from "full figured"; and hey.....since I'm getting pretty damn close to 60 yrs old this 1/2 decade, I've been listening to this stuff for over 1/2 a century!

i have a question for the REAL MEN.
PERHAPS....just maybe, it COULD be...that women under a size 8 don't INSULT men (by calling them "fake men"...by implication) simply because they (the men) don't discriminate AGAINST smaller women.

That IS afterall what you're demanding....right? You expect that "REAL MEN" should know that it's genetically impossible for a smaller woman to have that pretty face, great personality, or any intelligence, integrity, or sense of responsibility!

MAYBE, those men simply dislike hypocrisy.
 barbee1970
Msg: 140
Posted: 11/1/2009 4:42:21 AM
OP, I love that song "If you want to be happy the rest of your life, never make a PRETTY woman your wife. From my personal point of view, get an ugly girl to marry you!

Well, here's an ugly one right here!!
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2009 5:43:23 AM
I suppose its the same reason why many women over look a guy who is overweight, a low income earner or doesnt respond as expected. They both feel they can do better and they dont find them attractive.
Many see past what others see, so what offensive to one may not be to another. The fact is, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
 good_catch77
Msg: 146
Posted: 11/1/2009 8:51:18 AM

Why not? If women can get away with only wanting men that give them that "umph" why can't we have the women that give us that as well? I mean this is exactly what I was talking about in the other post. People putting labels on others because they cannot have what they want. Calling out "REAL MEN" come on. So I'm less of a man because I don't want to date someone that I find unattractive? I don't think so.

Best of luck to everyone
 singleagain66
Msg: 147
Posted: 11/1/2009 12:19:01 PM
Well I can't speak for all men but I will say this and that is I don't look for the so call Prima Donna's Barbie Doll types as you call them. Those are the ones that for the most part are to stuck up on their selves and and may even step out on you.
 forum101
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2009 6:40:45 PM
If the outside of the package isnt attractive, no one will open it to see what is inside.
 TheReason_
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2009 9:36:20 PM
Yeah. I wouldn't want to date someone good looking.

Heaven forbid.

Of course, good looking to me, may not be good looking to someone else.

:facepalm:
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 4:16:00 AM

Grandmabooboo Post 176 100% agree with you!
Thanks BakedSushi!

I must be totally honest however and admit that: I LEARNED what attracts men's attention....from....a FAT girl! (over 35 years ago) Years ago, I had a girlfriend who was...ok, and I can't say she was just " a little overweight" because she was a LOT overweight..she was downright FAT....but men just swarmed to her! I was all of 24 yrs old, 115 lbs...and cute. LOL! Sorry, I'm not trying to sound conceited...but hey...Granny was a pretty danged hot chick 30 years ago! I could not for the life of me figure out....what the hell she HAD....that I did NOT! Soooo, I OBSERVED.

What I saw was a woman who smiled, laughed, talked easily to men, was open, friendly, secure, sexy, self-confident.....she was EVERYTHING that I was NOT....except, petite and cute. I learned before age 25 what seemingly few women ever learn; that men ARE attracted to a woman's personality every bit as much as they are her looks. Men may LOOK at a pretty woman, and think..."wow, she's pretty"....but that doesn't mean they want to date her! The fact is, that men tend to AVOID such "pretty girls" because they too have bought into the stereotype that thin, pretty women are stuck on themselves, and high maintenance. LOL! like the woman said....from the song: "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife". I mean, sure...it's cute as hell; and certainly an ego boost for heavier women; but it doesn't define ALL women from EITHER category (heavy or thin).

The OP needs to take some lessons from women like "LhiannanShee"
I'm a big girl. I get more dates, and better quality, than my very petite 99lb sister. My slim friends also have issues dating and in romance -- much similar to my own. A lot of my fat friends are happily married. Seriously, I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with our weight....

It's much easier to blame the fat than it is to blame it on your flawed, and obviously entitled, personality.
AND from: "Joybrowneyes"
I am a big girl and guys think I am cute, sexy , adorable, sweet, and smart. I am going to give you some constructive criticism why you may not be getting a guy... your hair is way too short. You got a little boy hair cute. GUys like femme girls!!!!!! Grow your hair out long!

These "bigger girls" have a GREAT attitude about themselves. They're not whiny or unhappy with how they look, nor are they insulting men by calling them "fakes" or not "real men" just because they (the men) aren't attracted to insecure, complaining females. They are the women who are much MORE likely to attract men than EITHER thin or heavy women who have such a bad attitude!
 chameleonf
Msg: 162
Posted: 11/2/2009 11:05:55 AM
i have a question for the REAL MEN. why do men only tend to go for dating the "good looking prima donna barbie doll type?" it seems that guys tend to look a picture and base their whole wanting or not wanting to be someone based on physical apperance. a girl could have a beautiful face, great personality, had have her head on straight, but if she has a litl bit bigger ass than a size 8 you guys run and dart and lable her as the perfect "sister or bestfriend" so why date something that will fade in time and not date something that will always be there....that is the beauty inside a person.........help me out with this one

This would then rationalize that only "real men" are with the good looking prima donna barbie doll types. Take a look around you. All kinds of people are in relationships with average looking people and, yup, even below average looking people. Horror of horrors, I've even seen all kinds of "real men" in relationships with women who are even below average in the looks department. The above quote is nothing more than a parallel of the nice guy who can't get anybody drivel. Your personality needs work...nothing more, nothing less. The mear fact a person whines that their problems are due to external forces makes them, well...just that...a whiner. That's got nothing to do with looks but is a personality trait that likely filters into more areas of their life than anything having to do with their looks. I can hear it, "I can't this [fill in the blank] because of that [fill in the blank]"...the whole personality is about why they can't instead of about why they can. In other words, negativity - and that truly is the most unattractive quality, not physical appearance.
 Moudsie1
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 11:46:45 AM
Because basically they haven't grown up -- most men are still mentally only 16 -- and they want the dolls -- (a doll is empty-headed by the way). Every so often you find an adult male -- good luck (but it's been my experience that looks and size counts, no matter how old they are!
 Sharlena
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 7:02:39 PM
eh depends on the guy and his preference.
guys are usually visual anyways. but then again so are most women.
 sheriii
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 8:48:19 PM
I totally agree with you. Don't forget! Not only do they want a perfect "Prima Donna" they also want them 20 years younger. Then when they finally "wake up" they wonder why they keep ending up with gold diggers! The real beauty of a person "male or female" is on the inside. Once you get to know the beauty inside, they suddenly become the most beautiful person on the outside to. It just takes a little longer. When it does happen it is well worth the extra time and effort it took because then you have someone who is not only beautiful inside and out but truely genuine and real.
I hope someday I may find someone like that to. Sheri
 spunkybum52
Msg: 175
Posted: 11/10/2009 6:22:47 PM
If a man can't be with me for me and for who I am.... then he's not worth it. I have a lot to say on this, but it's too long, so I will quit for now.
 whytwater
Msg: 179
Posted: 11/15/2009 4:00:40 PM

they also date not so prima more like seconda handa daniellas:)

LOL!! Are you, like, Italian?
 dp503
Msg: 181
Posted: 11/15/2009 4:54:26 PM
Girls do this more than guys to on here because they have more of a selection to choose from. 90% + of the time men make the first contact, most girls will judge you based solely on your picture in your email not your profile. In fact some girls don't even view your profile they judge you based on your first contact. Read delete, no profile review just check out your pic. Then there is the girls that unread delete. Whats up with that. Any girl who emails me i check their profile picture first like everyone does but i see what they have to write.
 Mr.Versatility
Msg: 186
Posted: 11/24/2009 9:21:41 AM
If you really want to know what a real man wants its this.

A woman who is Cute, but confident more natural can wear sweatpants and a sweatshirt and put her hair up or even wear a hat yet still displays the same amount of confidence than a women decked out in makeup.

In my time I have experienced that the women who might be more glamorous and wear more makeup are usually too much work, and in my eyes a woman who has to always be done right up no matter where she is going is trying to hide something or makeup for her lack of inner beauty by overdoing her physical appearance.

I think alot of women prefer the same in a man, really I dont know why anyone would want someone who is too good looking and thinks the world of themselves and that noone will ever be good enough for them.
 janedoe16
Msg: 187
Posted: 11/24/2009 9:58:28 AM
Unfortunately it seems men more than women put more importance on looks [although they won't admit it...saying I would be attracted to you even if you weighed 300lbs etc and resembled Yoda] It is sad because I'm sure we've all known attractive women walking hand in hand with her ugly or overweight boyfriend and telling you what a sweet, caring person he is.If we women reversed the roles more men would work out and take better care of themselves.That's one of the reasons this site is a good way to test "quality people".Don't post pictures and get to know each other's character .If you click then move on to see each other.When the guy insists on a photo first...give away he is superficial.Of course attraction is important but you can build physical attraction if you have a mental attraction.If the guy is open enough to get to know you without a guarantee he'll physically be attracted it he's a keeper.The rest of them good luck, but they won't be the one holding your hand while you walking when your 80 years old.Good luck.
 Strings6
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2009 2:08:23 PM
Well one thing is for sure those who don't have to worry about being too good looking will always complain about those that do using derogatory terms like "barbie types" to describe them and usualy assume they have no personality or intelligence......yet become offended when terms like "lard ass" are used to describe those on the other end of the spectrum or when they are assumed to be lazy and stupid...alot of people talk about how sweet the grapes within their reach are and how sour the ones are they have no hope of reaching.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >