Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 anunu
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Dumbest thing said to you during a chat/date.Page 10 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Ok, this was the absolute dumbest.
Chatting on messenger with a guy and we started talking about kids.
I told him 2 of the children are black and 2 of the children are of mixed race.
He says to me "which ones do you like better?"

I couldn't believe it. I mean really, I couldn't believe it!
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 244
Dumbest thing said to you during a chat/date.
Posted: 1/21/2010 8:35:32 PM

Ok, this was the absolute dumbest.
Chatting on messenger with a guy and we started talking about kids.
I told him 2 of the children are black and 2 of the children are of mixed race.
He says to me "which ones do you like better?"

That's just appalling. if it wasn't so boorish it would almost be funny. I'm assuming the bloke in question was so lacking in self-awareness he couldn't understand why you were so p*ssed-off?
 southaustingal
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2010 6:09:33 AM
This is the dumbest one I have received. There was a guy (no photo) who was emailing me and the first few emails were pretty basic. Then he sends me one saying his fantasy was to meet a woman the first time in a shower with her totally naked. I emailed back and told him my fantasy was to act out the shower scene from psycho only I wanted to be Norman Bates.

Never heard from him again.
 anunu
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2010 4:25:56 PM
^^^^^^^
cmdrfunk,
I don't get this. Why would I have a preference in my children. You are an idiot.
I love all of my children on the same level

You obviously know nothing about family and children
 anunu
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2010 4:41:12 PM
Thanks Eldrida!
I believe you are right
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 258
Posted: 1/22/2010 11:46:33 PM
On a first meet.

She was just a little late. I was already there. When she walked up to me she said "I'm sorry I was late. I couldn't find any on street parking so I had to park down on the railroad tracks." I said " so I guess you will be needing a ride home."

She meant down by the railroad tracks.
 daneil912
Msg: 259
Posted: 1/23/2010 12:02:55 AM
while neogotiating a FIRST meet , we live 1 hour a part...

me: well lets meet somehwwere close to the middle.
him: ummm no im not coming into town
me: well, we live an hour a part, your the one who pointed it out to me remember?
him: well if your not willing to come all the way here for get it im not into games and players......

oh and differnet man same week:

after talking about family, national origin etc ( im indian and white) and i have a lot of diversity in my extended family :

him:
i have to be sure i lock my doors here now.... never know if a spic or those blacks will show up.....

me: well maybe one of thos e peple will be my sister in law, niece r nephew....

and he doenst get why i dont wnat to date him
 barbee1970
Msg: 260
Posted: 1/23/2010 12:40:53 AM
I didn't date thbis guy but the dumbest e-mail I got was the other day some guy asking if there were any Cardiologists on this site. Do I look like one? What the hell's that suppose to mean?
 pearlj
Msg: 261
Posted: 3/11/2010 10:34:23 AM
Some guy in the middle of an awkward conversation on IM just blurts out "fvck some dumb slvts". I was already REALLY unsure of him, he seemed to have a poor grasp of the English language, and was a lil bitter. So my spidey sense was tingling before that comment, and as a result I was trying to find a nice way to extricate myself from the conversation. The way I see it, he was prob on FB, talking to one of his douchebag buddies and when asked what he was up to, responded in that way, but sent it to the wrong person. He's STILL messaging even after I called him a pig, claiming he just "doesn't understand what went WRONG?!?!?" lmao. Loser statement of the year, and THAT one was a doozy lmao! On ANOTHER topic, THIS is why people dont date everyone that wants to "take them out" you never know what is lurking beneath text lol!
Charity
 pearlj
Msg: 263
Posted: 3/11/2010 11:39:53 AM
Here's one I said,
Him: My best friend is in Iraq....he's still a virgin....
Me: OMG! He's going to die a virgin!!!!
I.
wanted.
to.
die.
lmao!
He overlooked it,
but my neighbor overhearing the convo shot me down lmao!
And in the end, I cant say that it was the best relationship I've ever had...in fact...in was quite opposite, you'd think he was the one to make the dumb comment....wait, in fact he did! Ghasp! Forgot about this! He came up behind me and pretended to flick a lighter between my legs, I smacked him and looked at him in utter disbelief, he looked at me and said cluelessly while holding up the offending lighter..."what? It says "flick your bic..."
Charity
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 264
Posted: 3/11/2010 11:49:14 AM

dumbest thing said to me pt 2

"you have the exact same c*ck as my ex"

Did she think you and her ex had a time-share arrangement going? lol
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 270
Posted: 3/14/2010 5:56:59 AM
acting nervous and having second doubts.
 EGJV
Msg: 272
Posted: 3/17/2010 2:07:17 AM

I was chatting with this dude and we got off on the topic of health issues with people our age. He told me all about his impending back surgery and I told him that I'd had a liver transplant and probably would have preferred back surgery. He then asked me if I was confined to a wheelchair. My first reaction was WTF? I told him I was pretty sure that liver function had absolutely nothing to do with the ability to walk. He said he didn't appreciate my smart-ass comment and I never heard from him again.

Uh - he was pointing out that back surgery could leave him paralyzed...

I was out clubbin with freinds and seen my dream girl across the club. Took half the night and lots of ribbing from freinds, and a few glasses of liquid courage to get the courage to go over and say hi. I finally walked over and said "Hi". She smiled, looked me up and down and the first thing she said was "Hundred bucks".

That's a fantastic rate for a "dream girl"! Best $100 you ever spent.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 275
Posted: 3/18/2010 6:00:38 PM

The final straw, however, was when this 45 year old man loudly stated in the middle of the restaurant, "She left me for a guy with a bigger pee-pee".

Did you laugh?
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 280
Posted: 3/19/2010 1:33:33 PM

"Do you eat rice every day?" (Being that I'm Latina). I was like WTF - do you eat hot dogs every day?! Who eats the same thing every day dumbass!

You should have told him "No - but I do masturbate everyday while wearing a sombrero, drinking tequila, and busting open a piniata."

That would have shut him up.
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 283
Posted: 3/20/2010 5:19:46 PM
the two posts above me are funny.
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 290
Posted: 3/22/2010 5:46:22 PM

Dumbest INITIAL email I was sent asked, "Want to get naked?" Seriously?

wow, that is unbelievable.
 Johnsonbyron7
Msg: 291
Posted: 3/22/2010 6:12:22 PM
If you can believe it I went for an initial coffee date and at the point where we are telling interesting stories about ourselves, trying to be frirtatious, she tells me that she was investigated for murder due to the fact her first husband died suddenly at the age of 36. She actually thought that was an amusing story. Talk about a nail in the coffin. OHHH bad pun...
 barbee1970
Msg: 295
Posted: 3/23/2010 11:36:26 AM
On a chat, "oh I saw this man jcking off online and out of curiosity I want to give another man a BJ. Nothing more" NEXT!! I don't want a homo!
 Berdarien1
Msg: 300
Posted: 3/24/2010 2:45:27 PM
This is one of the reasons I kind of quit dating. I know this might make me seem like a prude or just weird since I am a guy. Just I hadn't been on a date for 2 years. So I randomly asked this girl to go out. She said yes we went to watch a movie and during the movie the girl in the movie had a non-typical piercing. I said ouch that must have hurt.. Her reply was, "I have my hood pierced want to see?". Without even waiting for a reply there it was....

I had known this girl for all of 2 days. Had talked to her 3 times. Once when I chatted her up, once setting up the date, and then at the date.. Amazing!

A few weeks later a similar situation I asked a girl out and she agreed to go have dinner with me. We went out were talking it was going really well... When out comes "Btw I am married but it's ok we have an open relationship". I paid the bill and left.. That was 3 yrs ago and I haven't been out since lol..It was just to much to have that happen in consecutive dates for me..

Bear

Bookbelle
Msg: 301
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2010 3:30:43 PM

Hitler had some good ideas...he just took it a bit too far...."

I'm dead serious....OMFG!!

Tracyannk, you went out with Bernie Ecclestone?
 Arbor27
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Dumbest thing said to you during a /date.
Posted: 3/25/2010 5:23:58 PM

mid kiss he stops and asks me if I am fertile.

You Win!

Unfortunately I don't have any awkward date moments to share, but when I was a raft guide on the Colorado we use to keep track and compare the stupidest questions people would ask. I know it's off topic, but I hope you enjoy a few of my favorites:

(obviously "Q" is the real life question, and "A" is the answer I would've like to have given.)

Q: At what elevation do deer turn into elk?
A: Oh, about 3,000ft or so...

Q: How deep is the river?
Guide: Well, it varies. It could be three feet deep over there and 45 feet deep over there.
Q: (pause... thinking..) So why doesn't the water slant?
~and bless this woman's heart, she knew as soon as she said it how dumb it was. Her husband's expression was priceless!

Q: So which came first, the lake or the dam?
A: The lake. There was just a 500 ft tall wall of water there and they thought, "you know what? This would be a helluva place to build a dam!"
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 311
Posted: 9/12/2010 9:18:13 PM

"Let's go parking. I have my penis pump in the trunk".

Seriously? Someone said that? LMFAO

You cannot even get mad at a guy that stupid, you just have to laugh at him

True - some guys are so stupid it's just funny.

I would just tell him I left mine at home - I've owned one ever since my sex change.
 lovebeingmom
Msg: 312
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2010 11:57:23 PM
wasnt really date

but the guy said your pants are really cute. ( i was wearing a skirt)

I used to waitress and I used to have a whole bunch of good ones, but cant remember them now:)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >