Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chrysostom
Msg: 2
Fat Flushing soup diet.Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Fat doesn't "flush." It's not a bodily "impurity" that you can dislodge like a colon blockage. It's a cellular part of YOU that can only be removed (safely and naturally) by metabolism during a mild energy deficit.
 levad
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 10/6/2007 4:49:21 AM
i dont know about the "diet" but the soup sounds tasty. i think i will make some....if the weather gets cooler.
 Outdoor2
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 10/6/2007 9:48:18 AM
I have a few issues with this....
Boiling veggies for 10 minutes renders them overcooked...they'll be mush in no time.

Canned veggies have little or no nutritional value.

Milk and meat are full of impurities...growth hormones, antibiotics, yada, yada...

Minnow54:
In regards to your brother, do some research on Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr. He is just one I know of...
 Outdoor2
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 10/7/2007 10:15:37 PM

^unless its organic

Ya, but can you prove that is actually organic?
Here in Canada the stamp is pretty much useless...there are no inspections...companies send in paperwork, and the gov. stamps it..or not...

Do you remember how old people got so young just a couple generations ago? I love additives and preservatives...

Cancer rates then we about 1:30....today it's 1:3....go figure
 Outdoor2
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 10/7/2007 10:49:12 PM
^^^^no....one in thirty does not equal one in three...

Perhaps you need less beer....lol...
 stefania_x
Msg: 8
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 10/8/2007 7:29:39 AM
I went on this diet with my mother last year and lost 8 pounds in that time frame.

The problem with this diet is that it is not a long term solution. You may lose
the weight but because it isn't a life style change chances are you won't be able to keep off the pounds.

After that once, I've attempted the diet again from time to time (probably 3-4), and had the exact same results. I'd lose the the weight after a week of struggling with the disgusting soup ( and it does become disgusting after the intial couple of days) and gain it back. I suggest this diet for those who need fast weight lost for an important weekend or a kick off to a more practical diet solution.
 LanSir
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 10/8/2007 2:18:52 PM
angel502xxx

can someone please translate

Okay...
N. American green onions = British spring onions.
Chicken broth is also known as chicken soup stock.

Good luck
 LanSir
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 10/8/2007 4:49:49 PM
413janine
This soup will not add calories I am confused with this statement
1 pkg. Lipton Soup mix (chicken noodle) ummm has calories so does 1 large can of chicken broth (no fat)

Some believe that there are certain foods that are considered "negative calorie foods" (foods that take mores calories to process in your digestive system, than they contain). The jury is still out on whether that is true or not, but for now, the believers have compiled a list of such of foods, and they include tomatoes, green beans, onions (green or otherwise), green peppers, carrots, and celery that are listed in the recipe mentioned here.

While it seems that this will make a good soup, I strongly recommend that you check with your health practitioner(s) before attempting to use this (or any other) recipe as part of a weight loss regimen.
 Outdoor2
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 10/8/2007 5:24:39 PM

1 pkg. Lipton Soup mix

Besides the "ick" factor, it's a pretty lousy food option.

Based on a 100 gram sample, it has 9.910 g of fat....3452 mg sodium...0 amino acids...
and to top it off...23% of the calories are from...fat...
More here...
http://www.gastronomique.org/nutrition/food/06281.html
 letters and numbers
Msg: 14
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 10/13/2007 11:10:57 AM
outdoor2,
I hereby call BS on your statement that canned vegetables have little or no nutritional value. They have less, sure, but little or no would be very much relative to what they had in the first place.

Also, as far as time boiled, that really depends on the vegetable, no?
 Outdoor2
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 10/14/2007 11:29:41 AM
^^^
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20bl.html
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20jF.html

This is supposed to be a healthy soup...so wouldn't one choose the healthist options?

Time boiled....take a look at the "recipie"...throw 3 different veg, with 3 different densitys (thus 3 different cooking times) into a pot and boil for 10 mins....then simmer until tender....LOL....carrots (small dice as per "recipie") are tender within 2-3 mins!

Steaming veg. is one of the best ways to avoid loosing nutritional value...and they'll taste a hellofa lot better.

It's also loaded with salt...
Canned tomatoes have salt
Canned beans have salt
Canned chicken broth has salt
Lipton Soup mix has salt

And then is says....

Season with salt

I call this recipie gruel, 'cause it would be grueling to eat.

Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 10/27/2007 3:16:26 PM
Sounds dangerous for a diabetic. Eating all those fruits and veggies can wreak havoc on your blood sugar. Not eating protein/carbs and a balance with every meal can throw off your blood sugar.

Cranberry juice is high in sugar.

You definitely need to speak to a physician before trying this so-called diet.
 RidingRich
Msg: 18
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 10/30/2007 12:12:32 AM
I'm surprised people still try to follow 'diets' like these.

First and foremost, especially as a nurse, you know that losing more than 2 lbs a week is not all that healthy, and also if you're lucky, 2 lbs of that at most will be fat. The rest is muscle and water loss. Judging from the gross imbalance of nutrients here, I'd say you're wasting muscle at an alarming rate be eating on this plan.

Once you rehydrate after this, most of that weight will be back.
 divinie
Msg: 19
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 10/30/2007 2:45:46 AM
Eye yi yi,not a another quick weight loss program ...wake up the only thing your going to loose in that time slot is maybe 2 or three lbs off fat.the rest is yor damn muscle...and that you want to keep!!!!!!!>>to lo loose fat you have to graze all day long on protien low carbs and little fat every 2 to 3 hrs 5 to 6 SMALL MEALS through out the day ....DRINK 8 oz of water every hr till ya go to bed...now here is the kicker you ready EXERCISE (ohhhhhhhh) iknow bad word 30 to 40 mins 3 or 4 days a week ...also walk the days your not exercising for 30 or 40 mins....any thing more than 2 or 3 lbs a week of weight lost and you risk the lossing your muscle.....remember the faster you loose the weight per week the faster you will gain it back.....mikie
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 21
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 10/30/2007 2:42:37 PM
interesting...i just checked my soup diet papers, and they said it was from sacred heart memorial hospital too.

what the op wrote pretty much is verbatim with the papers i have, only difference is the op omitted the cabbage.

ive done this 'soup diet' a few times over the years, and it does work...but the quantities are too much and like one other poster said....cut em down and make two batches instead cuz after a few days this soup mix redefines suck in taste.

it is not a long term fix for sure...but its worked for me when i pigged out too much during the holidays and needed to lose a quick 5-8 pounds..and it did indeed give me more energy.

metabolisms are like all the different personalities of people i guess...shrug...
 JustKelly70
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 10/30/2007 8:01:32 PM
WTF is this, eat healthy drink alot of beer, Get your liquid from that.. Flushes you out too.. no enima required..
 techgirl27
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 12/12/2007 2:13:30 PM
When I was in England I used stock cubes, like Oxo for that.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 12/13/2007 6:38:20 PM
A lose weight diet still has to be healthy, Whether your flushing you system out with soup or on a veggie diet. Pissing out of your ass, may not be so healthy, Take vitamins to compensate for parts of your diet your missing..
 northwoods57
Msg: 32
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 12/19/2007 5:31:31 PM
Pure B.S. Losing weight and keeping it off is a permanent change in your life style. Drink lots of water..portion your food, and lots of cardio (sex is good). Otherwise, why go to all that trouble and get bored. Its hard work, but its worth it. Get rid of the fat so people can see your belt buckle. Your sex life and appearance improves + your energy level goes up because you are not carrying around so much fat.
 Smilin_bob
Msg: 33
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 12/29/2007 10:20:11 PM
I will attest to this soup (the cabbage variety). I was overweight at one time (5'10", 235 lbs). I started on this soup and did it for three weeks. It helped me change my eating habits.

In 8 months, I went in for a check up at the Wellness Center (run by the local hospital). I was down to 170 lbs, with only 9% body fat. *yessss*.

I have been able to stay at 175 - 180 lbs consistently for the last 8 years. (sorry, the 9% body fat made me look kinda sickly).

No fancy exercise plan.. no expensive foods.. It just worked for me. I shared it with my friend, and he did the same thing - dropped about 60 lbs in a little less than a year.

Good Luck to anyone who tries it!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 1/10/2008 6:02:55 AM

you only lose from 10-15 lbs at a time

Well then that works for me sweetie! That is the total I need to lose. Am exercising but presently, am doing a meal replacement. I miss food! lol
Only doing this to jump start myself and then back to better eating! Definately going to give this a try! But only for a few days...
 Moonchild51
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 1/10/2008 8:35:41 PM
Have to ask? Are the results claimed here including exercise or no?
 mik1950
Msg: 42
Fat Flushing soup diet.
Posted: 4/18/2009 9:48:40 AM
fishin dude...with the whiskey diet i went down 40 lbs in two months
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >