Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 weeping willow
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?Page 10 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
for those still stuck of the issue of smoke use a vaporizer. es it is an investiment but much healthier for your body.
 Marrying Kind
Msg: 248
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/23/2007 2:12:54 PM
You might object to some drugs being classified as illegal however the law is the law, would you want to see kids smoking pot? When I was 12 my folks went out for New Years and I tried whiskey, I got so sick , now that's a nasty drug, it should have been locked up. When I've suffered from the events that brought about my being single many suggested drugs, legal ones, I don't like drugs and am repulsed by doing anything illegal especially right now, There are some meds I have to take for blood pressure since age 26, cholesterol, etc, that's certainly already not a turn on.
 jelydonut
Msg: 249
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/23/2007 2:24:51 PM
I wonder.. for how many people quote the "it's illegal".. if it was legalized.. how many of them would end up pot heads?
 WindRoper
Msg: 250
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/23/2007 2:52:36 PM
Drugs aren't classified as "illegal." They're classified as "controlled." Possession of them without the proper authorization or credentials is called "illegal."
 Tony0559
Msg: 251
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/23/2007 3:59:56 PM
For you Trudydoogooders who think that drinking is ok and then sit back and codemn these folks who want to have a puff every now and then well here are some facts. I can't tell you how many profiles I read that for a first date the mention of having some sort of beverage and generally implying an alcoholic beverage is suggested. Whats up with that? Cant meet and function normally with someone without having your mind altered? I could use the same logic some of you choose by saying I wouldnt date a drinker because......

1. I hate the smell of alcohol on someones breath after they have been drinking.
2. The use of alcohol makes people less trustworthy while intoxicated.
3. Alcohol consumption can turn people into homocidal killers when combined with
driving.
4. People can become beligerant and mean when under the influence of alcohol
5. Alcohol use can and does destroy families.
6. Alcohol is a gateway drug

If you think that alcohol is a safer drug than pot check out the statstics........
Alcohol is only legal because most politicians enguage in the use of alcohol and the government reaps huge tax revenues from the sale of it. In many states the only place you buy hard liquor is your state run liquor store. Go figure.......

Alcohol Related Statistics

More than 100,000 U.S. deaths are caused by excessive alcohol consumption each year. Direct and indirect causes of death include drunk driving, cirrhosis of the liver, falls, cancer, and stroke.

At least once a year, the guidelines for low risk drinking are exceeded by an estimated 74% of male drinkers and 72% of female drinkers aged 21 and older.

65% of youth surveyed said that they got the alcohol they drink from family and friends.

Nearly 14 million Americans meet diagnostic criteria for alcohol use disorders.

Youth who drink alcohol are 50 times more likely to use cocaine than those who never drink alcohol.

Among current adult drinkers, more than half say they have a blood relative who is or was an alcoholic or problem drinker.

Across people of all ages, males are four times as likely as females to be heavy drinkers.

More than 18% of Americans experience alcohol abuse or alcohol dependence at some time in their lives.

Traffic crashes are the greatest single cause of death for persons aged 6–33. About 45% of these fatalities are in alcohol-related crashes.

Underage drinking costs the United States more than $58 billion every year — enough to buy every public school student a state-of-the-art computer.

Alcohol is the most commonly used drug among young people.

Problem drinkers average four times as many days in the hospital as nondrinkers — mostly because of drinking-related injuries.

Alcohol kills 6½ times more youth than all other illicit drugs combined.

Concerning the past 30 days, 50% of high school seniors report drinking, with 32% report being drunk at least once.

Marijuana Related Statics

Marijuana is the most commonly used illicit drug in the United States.

The percentage of youth aged 12–17 indicating a great risk of smoking marijuana once a month remained unchanged between 1999 and 2000 (37.2% in 1999 and 37.7% in 2000).

Marijuana contains more than 400 chemicals, including most of the harmful substances found in tobacco smoke. Smoking one marijuana cigarette deposits about four times more tar into the lungs than a filtered tobacco cigarette.

Harvard University researchers report the risk of a heart attack is five times higher than usual in the hour after smoking marijuana.

The risk of using cocaine is estimated to be more than 104 times greater for those who have tried marijuana than for those who have never tried it.

Smoking marijuana can injure or destroy lung tissue. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50–70% more of some cancer causing chemicals than does tobacco smoke.

Reaction time for motor skills, such as driving, is reduced by 41% after smoking one joint and is reduced 63% after smoking two joints.

There have been over 7,000 published scientific and medical studies documenting the damage that marijuana poses. Not one study has shown marijuana to be safe.

Doh
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 252
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/23/2007 4:14:02 PM
And don't forget it leaves you male pot heads with a LIMP PENIS!!! Sooooooooo smoke away boyssssssssssssss.....
 Tony0559
Msg: 253
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/23/2007 4:48:52 PM
I dont smoke pot or drink alcohol, all I am doing is pointing out how silly your reasonings have been. There are only two reasons to object to dating someone who smokes pot if you are someone who condones the use of alcohol. (this does not pertain to harder drugs)

1. its illegal
2. Its your personal choice not to.

beyond this if your a drinker and you want to play the game and think your better than thou then your ignorant and a hypocrite, neenerneenerneener....... :)
 DrHipHappy
Msg: 254
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/24/2007 12:08:07 AM
I doubt that anyone on here is totally drug free when we consider all the legal drugs, caffeine and so on. However, for those women who put "must not do drugs" in their "Restrictions" I am likely to pass you by. Such closed mindedness simply means that the woman is too conventional and conservative for me. I am very progressive and have no patience for rigid conformists who trust what the federal government tells them.

Yes I do enjoy marijuana. Did not smoke for about 15 years as I was raising my kids and creating my career. Then I began again about a decade ago. I like it for many reasons. My psychiatrist and chiropractor approve my use so it is medical (even though NC has not yet legalized it like 15 other states.) Marijuana is a natural and versatile plant that is mentioned in the bible and other ancient texts. As a Rastafarian I consider it my sacred right to use this harmless herb.

I am actually pleased with how many women like marijuana but are afraid that "someone" will find out (often their kids.) Sadly, most have no source of this medicinal plant. Most that I have gotten high with have really enjoyed the chance to "smoke again after all these years." It is always less nervous and easier to talk after smoking. Music sounds better and food is awesome. In fact, most of the women who say "must not use drugs" tend to either drink booze and/or smoke tobacco. So that would signify a hypocrite - which is already a "southern belle" art form (along with worrying about what others think.)

The real problem facing society from substance abuse is alcohol. Men beat their wives when drunk - not when high. Drunk drivers lose control - while pot smokers drive carefully to not get caught. Drunk people get angry and sad - pot smokers get happy and hungry. Anyhow I will not date any alcoholics since I have left that shit behind about 27 years ago. They tend to be needy and pitiful. If you wonder about your own drinking than you likely have a problem (like 1 in 4 US drinkers do.)
 dono360
Msg: 255
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/24/2007 12:23:46 AM

It should say "Must not do illegal drugs".

Drugs, as long as they are legal, are fine. This includes nicotine, caffine, alcohol, sleeping pills, diet pills, anti-depressents, drugs for "iritable leg syndrome" and "social anxiety disorder", etc, etc (its a LONG list).

I find the whole "Must not do drugs" thing amusing and sad. It points to the brainless hypocrisy that is promoted by the media, government, pharmaceuticals etc when it comes to drugs. Its perfectly ok to get your fix as long as a pharmaceutical is profiting by it.

I wonder how many of the people who will only date somebody who doesn't "do drugs" can't get up in the morning without their coffee, are feeding themselves or their children speed (dexedrine or Ritalin), drink alcohol on a regular basis, have a mini-pharmacy in their medicine cabinet stocked with drugs to counteract their unhealthy lifestyles, are on anti-depressants or mood altering chemicals, or are generally "treating" some ridiculous disorder created by a pharmaceutical company and supported and given a seal of legitimacy by greedy and corrupt politicians?

It makes me wonder how people can be so stupid.

I do not date people who do drugs. I couldn't care less if somebody smokes a bit of pot. I am more concerned about the true druggies. Those who cannot live without a regular intake of chemicals. I don't care if they are legal or not. And the fact that so many fools put so much emphasis on the legal/illegal distinction says a lot about their lack of critical thinking skills.

Man.. I could not have said it better.. although I would like to add this:

Alcohol is legal.. yet hundreds of thousands of people die from alcohol related incidents... yet because the gov is making so much money off of it.. it is swept under the carpet and very much legal... how sad.

Someone above.. way above, said something about pot being very addictive and that it was SOOO much stronger than it was years ago. Not true.. pot is NOT addictive.. this has been proven. Where some varieties of pot MAY be more powerful than they were in the past.. not all. Did you know that pot was a viable crop in the early ages of our country? Did you know that the first president of the US grew pot for the hemp to make robes and other things? Probably not!

sigh... think for yourselves.. instead of letting the MAN think for you!

D
 dono360
Msg: 256
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/24/2007 12:30:18 AM

And don't forget it leaves you male pot heads with a LIMP PENIS!!! Sooooooooo smoke away boyssssssssssssss.....

And you got this information for where? WRONGGGGG!!! Way wrong! lolololol
 WindRoper
Msg: 257
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/24/2007 6:39:05 AM

And don't forget it leaves you male pot heads with a LIMP PENIS!!!

OMG! Were you misinformed! LOL! Excessive use can result in sterility but that's not the same as impotence. Alcohol and some other drugs may inhibit performance but pot doesn't.
 nebula22
Msg: 258
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/24/2007 2:34:20 PM
mi-giv-a-dams-busted.. seems like more than that is busted..
When i was smoking and drinking wine everyday with a couple of gals that lived with me, I was making love 6 hours a day..
Wonder what i would have been doing if i was sober..
That woman need to get a life and stay out of things that she has no clue about..
 craftylady1956
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/3/2007 7:29:05 AM
i worked for a drug and alcohol rehab. i have seen people addicted to drugs and alcohol. yes, alcohol in the long run can be worse than drugs. crack causes an enlarged heart leading to a heart attack. herion can lead to a stroke. i don't care what any adult wants to do with their mind and body. i just don't want anyone involved with me using illegal drugs. as for employment most drug tests are a tox 10 meaning they test for 10 different kind of drugs one of which is mj. if you smoke mj depending on how much you smoke to pass a tox 10 you must quit smoking 1 to 2 months prior to taking the test or it will come back positive. my ex-laws smoke mj their children seeing that mj was okay with mom and dad used harder drugs. their grandchildren are also using harder drugs. and, yes, my ex-laws, the mj smokers have tried harder drugs. don't believe that you can't be busted for mj either. where i live they bust people all the time for possession of mj for personal use.
 Not_a_FAT_Slob
Msg: 261
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/3/2007 11:07:25 AM
OMG! Were you misinformed! LOL! Excessive use can result in sterility but that's not the same as impotence. Alcohol and some other drugs may inhibit performance but pot doesn't.

You and the other pro pot members owe that member an apology. She didn't just make that up.

I spent 5 minutes doing research and it stated long term use increases the risk of erectile disfuntion. I am not sure if it is different if you smoke it or just consume it. That is not the same as sterility. One site even mentioned that even young habitual users in their 20s can have that problem.

Type in EFFECTS OF MARIJUANA SEX and you will get all kinds of info.

Edit: btw, I forgot to mention I don't drink or smoke cigarettes or support the pharmaceutical industry in any way. I don't even take headache pills. I admit I breathe in oxygen.

All the pro potheads will now have brain disfunction. That is their only comeback to anyone that opposes their position.
 Li2O2
Msg: 263
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/3/2007 11:46:41 AM

I'd jut like to ask as you see this in a lot of profiles '' Must not do drugs''. what do people consider Drugs??

I want to quote Wikipedia:

A drug, broadly speaking, is a substance used as a medicine or narcotic. There is no single, precise definition, as there are different meanings in medicine, government regulations, and colloquial usage.

In pharmacology, Dictionary.com defines a drug as "a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being." Drugs may be prescribed for a limited duration, or on a regular basis for chronic disorders.

Recreational drugs are chemical substances that affect the central nervous system, such as narcotics or hallucinogens. They may be used for perceived beneficial effects on perception, consciousness, personality, and behavior. Some recreational drugs can cause addiction and habituation.

Drugs are usually distinguished from endogenous biochemicals by being introduced from outside the organism.[citation needed] For example, insulin is a hormone that is synthesized in the body; it is called a hormone when it is synthesized by the pancreas inside the body, but if it is introduced into the body from outside, it is called a drug.

Many natural substances such as beers, wines, and some mushrooms, blur the line between food and drugs, as when ingested they affect the functioning of both mind and body.

Enough said about drugs, but the real drug is lying about it. Everyone can state whatever in these profiles, and not to mention drugged lies about marital status and long terms intentionally posing as good meant when they’re not a tiny bit worried about it but only worried about the bites they can get on their hands, the more the merrier.

Just wait to see the real drug enhancing your moods and curing all or part of your heart aches, and then, yet the side effects. Do you think you can avoid it?

As a former neurology student I recommend high caution by the use or otherwise intakes of drugs, the brains alone suffice, this to say the very least, and, still remember, brains are still not used in its full capacity… Doctors might even be meaner and manipulate any information favorably to what you would like to hear.

At least we have a bottom that scare the hell out of the bugs and keep our chasin here somewhat simplified… However, it doesn’t imply we won’t fall in a drugged lie trap…

So brains use are better, folks!
 undercrimson
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/3/2007 12:17:53 PM
druggies aren't that bad afterall
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 265
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/3/2007 12:33:26 PM
hey neb, smoke this...I promise it wont fry whats left of your brain!
 Xatra
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/3/2007 5:00:06 PM
In case it hasn't been mentioned, there is no evidence that marijuana damages brain cells, as alcohol and many other drugs are known to do.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3475#12

Also, there is no indication of a link between marijuana and cancer, and marijuana may even protect against cancer.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729_pf.html
 Li2O2
Msg: 267
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/3/2007 7:32:31 PM
Druggies... I wish I had a way to confirm all the hypothesis, allegations and assumptions and bunch more of information you did want to hear, btw they've been using a "handful of animals" = pets like yours, but well, why bother reasoning for a dope in totally zen of drugs? Cool man, let's stuff the dogs, cats, Rhesus and whatever animal with drugs and see how they like it... we like it anyways...

I wish you could take drugs and drive cars at same time, it would be really equal rights... just, I don't know how playful and pure kids would understand your reaction to stop right in time... Of course you druggies will say a lot 'bout the others that do not stop and kill them... sure

Even "cause of death" is a relative thing... death only comes when it is time, and not when we seem to call for it. You might fill in with drugs up to the top... it might help with the "transition"...

Brain damage???... wooohooo BS!!!! Let's take a fly and live in zen

Speak for yourselves
 Mike72801
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/3/2007 7:50:22 PM
I don't get high, but I certainly had a laugh reading all the smokers rationalizing their habit and insulting the straight people.
 ecaepydal
Msg: 269
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/3/2007 10:05:24 PM

Druggies... I wish I had a way to confirm all the hypothesis, allegations and assumptions and bunch more of information you did want to hear, btw they've been using a "handful of animals" = pets like yours, but well, why bother reasoning for a dope in totally zen of drugs? Cool man, let's stuff the dogs, cats, Rhesus and whatever animal with drugs and see how they like it... we like it anyways...

I wish you could take drugs and drive cars at same time, it would be really equal rights... just, I don't know how playful and pure kids would understand your reaction to stop right in time... Of course you druggies will say a lot 'bout the others that do not stop and kill them... sure

Even "cause of death" is a relative thing... death only comes when it is time, and not when we seem to call for it. You might fill in with drugs up to the top... it might help with the "transition"...

Brain damage???... wooohooo BS!!!! Let's take a fly and live in zen

Speak for yourselves

WHOA!!!

Does this mean she's pro or con?

And this little diatribe can be an argument for or against drugs depending on her status. Y'know what I'm saying.
 Li2O2
Msg: 270
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/4/2007 8:47:04 AM
ecaepydal
WHOA!!! Does this mean she's pro or con? And this little diatribe can be an argument for or against drugs depending on her status. Y'know what I'm saying.

Dear confuse,

My freedom of speech has cometh, and my prior posting you remarked here so gracefully is just a proof of it, as yours as well.

Allow me, oh master to take my rights to the word...I don't have ever thought of using drugs and never did and surely never will. I am naturally busy with my powerful brains and this just only with the mere capacity we humanly can achieve... I wish you could comprehend this very simple math, but it seems drugs are blurring your perceptions and consequently fatally also affecting your reaction timing.
Does drugs make you happy? Is that why you prefer to state in your profile no any comment to it? The infamous "prefer not to say" sentence.
However, taking your profile by the words you're making yourself here to thread and postings ambiguous. You prefer not to say (nothing) in your profile about drugs, but seems highly sympathetic with the drugs industry and lobbying for this like a wannabe-pro. What is your profession? Are you gonna say here, he, it is personal for now? I can see ya!
Though, in your perceptions, I am the ambiguous... Yeah, I know why.

Anyways, thanks for allowing me to make it here very clear.

Speak for yourself.
 dogs rule
Msg: 272
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/4/2007 8:58:18 AM
If it is illegal it is a drug. Someone that says they don't do drugs they only smoke pot, is lying to themselves to justify it.
 Pfm1011
Msg: 273
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/4/2007 9:00:12 AM
I hate that question ..Must not do drugs...I used to smoke pot occasionally. From 89 to 2001 I didnt touch it at all as I was subject to drug testing in my job.

I left the airlines and I was in the netherlands a few years ago and got right stoned

I literally havent smoked a joint in 4 years but If someone pulled out one at a party I would probably smoke one.
I have no objection to someone I date smoking pot but dont want a crack head or someone who does ex. The Must not do drugs should have a 420 friendly ( means pots ok) and the must not do drugs options.

There is an absolutely huge difference from someone who smokes a joint and crack head. Its as big a difference as virgin and porn star.

On a side note:

The risk of using cocaine is estimated to be more than 104 times greater for those who have tried marijuana than for those who have never tried it

Gateway drug argument is the dumbest crap..It is as accurate as
100 % of serial killers have watched a bugs bunny cartoon ..therefore we can clearly state that bugs bunny turns people into serial killers BAN BUGS BUNNY

Mike72801
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/4/2007 10:04:27 AM

That's because "straight" people...the kind who live totally organically, who put nothing but clean whole foods in their system, are in fact the minority.

What dictionary did you get that definition out of? In the context of this discussion it is defined by Merriam-Webster as:

"g (1): exhibiting no deviation from what is established or accepted as usual, normal, or proper : conventional; also : square 5f (2): not using or under the influence of drugs or alcohol "
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >