Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CESSKA
Msg: 329
Must not do drugs....?Page 13 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
i don't want to be around ****ed up people
 tarfeather
Msg: 330
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/17/2007 7:31:26 AM
I agree. I find a lot of things f**k people up. Booze and prescriptions included.
 Spewn
Msg: 331
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/17/2007 8:05:24 AM
Alcohol and tobacco are far more dangerous and "bad for you" than marijuana. Nearly 500,000 souls yearly can't be wrong.

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/causes.htm

http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/miscellaneous_drug_information/annualcausesof191148.html

Heck, here's one from a drug REHAB center;

http://www.drug-rehabs.org/articles.php?aid=472

Note that even this rehab center doesn't try to pretend that marijuana is dangerous.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/17/2007 9:11:20 AM
See, I'm not a big fan of smokers or social drinkers either (just to set the record straight), BUT if it was the right person, I wouldn't have any qualms about dating them, solely based on either of those two factors. Neither of them would compromise my job or my morals.

Now on the other hand, ILLEGAL drugs would do both. Plus, if you're only having a few drinks or cigs, you aren't fu.cked in the head for life.
 adesiree
Msg: 333
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/19/2007 4:58:49 PM
yes....pot is a drug. i don't want people who do drugs contacting me because I'm a mom. I refuse to bring someone who uses drugs into my life (and possibly my son's). I've been through that before and learned my lesson the hard way. Drugs are bad mmmk!
 craftylady1956
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/21/2007 6:04:53 AM
i know the drug and alcohol detox and rehab that i work for feels marijuana is dangerous. mj is not detoxed only rehab because mj stays in your system for 1 to 2 months after using because it is fat soluable. mj is felt to be a better alternative to crack or herion. mj is still considered dangerous. one patient would lose their eyesight everytime mj was used. that's not dangerous?
 Huzrfrmr1
Msg: 337
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 12/4/2007 1:56:03 PM
amen brother its only a big deal if someone makes it that at least she's "man" enough to be honest about it
 clorin
Msg: 338
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 12/4/2007 2:35:53 PM
weed, coke, heroine, Anything that is addictive like that, cigs I do not mind.
 hdhighway
Msg: 339
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/8/2008 1:21:05 PM
Ok - Iamjumbo - character flaw? normal person? regular people? We must all go by your standards now? How about this : normal, regular folks without character flaws don't let thier belly get so big that they reularly pee in thier own belly button. That would leave you out of the mix wouldn't it.
 jenny68
Msg: 340
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/8/2008 1:25:53 PM
A drug is a drug and I could not deal with it so I mean what it stated,,,Must not do drugs,,,
 iamjumbo
Msg: 341
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/8/2008 3:44:35 PM
Ok - Iamjumbo - character flaw? normal person? regular people? We must all go by your standards now? How about this : normal, regular folks without character flaws don't let thier belly get so big that they reularly pee in thier own belly button. That would leave you out of the mix wouldn't

of course not. beer and food are not illegal. choosing to be stupid enough to do something you know you don't have a right to do is the character flaw, which is the case with drugs
 joro
Msg: 342
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/8/2008 5:09:38 PM
If your in your 20's, whayever, blaze away. If your in your 40's and still living your life on a path where you can ruin your career/life etc. because you want to do drugs, go ahead and run that risk. Just stay the hell out of my life.

Alcohol and tobacco are both drugs (which admit i use) , are addicting, hazardous to you health etc. as well. But POSSESSION of them is not illegal. But for some reason, alchol is legal and pot is not. Drink. No problem. Drink to excess in public and/or drive: problem. Fair? maybe not. Reality? yes. and reality is for people who cant handle drugs. (I even end up flushing prescribed pain killers and muscle relaxants when there the vile's full and I dont need them- they are drugs too, but that one's not a rule).

Pot is illegal. It alters the mind. I smoked it from the age of 12 to 24. I smoked it BECAUSE it causes apathy. At 43, Im not particularly interested in seeking out an apathetic law breaker (the occassional speeding ticket and war protest arrest pass the 'necessity defence' arguement for me). That also means don't drive drunk etc (which is physically more dangerous than pot). Fact is, I would likely loose my job, reputation, and credibility if I got busted for drugs including pot (as well as a 'bad' alcohol' charge for that matter-I fired someone over a non-work hour alcohol incident this fall). those 3 things: job, reputation, and credibility are important to me- I worked hard for them and dont want to throw them away over a girlfriend. If a partner suddenly got addicted to something, and I was devoted, that would be a different story,

And bringing the food/weight question into this just obfuscates the question (and thats from someone thin as hell). for what its worth, my rule is I am also willing date people with a few extra pounds provided they are not too embarrassed to go to the beach (there's some out there), can handle hiking in the hills (mt peaks isnt a requirement), ride a bike, and other reasonably normal physical activities without keeling over or whining, ARE NOT APATHETIC, and have good personalities and sense of humor. So if u want to drag weight in, start a new thread.
 carolann0308
Msg: 343
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/8/2008 5:17:40 PM
I love iced coffee but does that mean I need rehab??? I believe there is a huge difference between stopping at Dunkin Donuts daily and meeting your dealer on the corner at 3am.
 joro
Msg: 344
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/8/2008 5:36:19 PM
or 3 pm for that matter. exactly. we grow up and pick our poisons. If you cant, leave us alone.
 PrimeWoman
Msg: 345
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/11/2008 5:28:26 AM
Genisis , 1 , 29 .. And GOD said, Behold , Even unto all the green herb bearing seed have I given you all things.
Does anyone believe in the constitution of america?
Freedom of religion anyone?

Romans13:1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established.

If you are going to refer to the bible to make your case, make sure you KNOW the bible. You can't expect to cherrypick portions of it to justify your position as a means to avoid having your feet held to the fire. In that man's law does not go against God's law in this case, it is, in God's eyes, a law that is to be followed. Your defense is null and void.

That being said, I don't necessarily agree with the laws criminalizing pot, am familair with the history surrounding it as per Jack Herer's The Emperor Wears No Clothes.
All the arguments for it's legalization and the reasons for the laws currently in place don't change the fact that the law is the law.
 cocytus
Msg: 346
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/11/2008 6:15:49 AM

I'd jut like to ask as you see this in a lot of profiles '' Must not do drugs''.

what do people consider Drugs?? obviously someone with a daily heroin or coke habit is doing 'drugs'.

but what about people who smoke cannabis? do you consider cannabis a drug?

And if you use this contact restriction, why do you use it?

There's not much that comes from drugs...that is while they are still illegal.
Also,for every person that is a successful professional that gets high "recreationally" there are probably five that are unable to get a job,keep a job or look for a job due to their "recreational" drug use.

W/the chances of addiction and arrest so high (forgive the pun) and the returns on on drug use so low...it's no wonder that most people simply avoid the entire issue by looking for a mate that doesn't use them.
 bathurstman35
Msg: 347
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/11/2008 3:27:52 PM
yes canabis is a drug.
i put that on my profile 'must not do drugs' cause i have no interest at all to date someone who do drugs.small or big it doesnt matter.
its a choice i made all my life.i never did drugs,never tried it and chose not to and i choose to never do it either.and finaly i choose not to have anyone in my life who does.i mean if i meet someone and they did it when they were young thats different.whats in the past is in the past just as long as now they dont do any.
 Medina49
Msg: 349
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/11/2008 6:07:41 PM

but what about people who smoke cannabis? do you consider cannabis a drug?

Its as much a drug as tobacco or alcohol in that it alters the brain and is controlled.
Caffeine is a drug as well, but not yet controlled. I'd let someone chug a gallon of coffee, or chain smoke a carton of cigs and drive my son around, cant say the same thing about hooch or booze.
If pot were legal, I might take a puff at a party, but...its on the I dont speed, run lights, sell firearms to minors, turn the odometer back list of things I wont do now..
 be4unoit
Msg: 350
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/11/2008 9:37:55 PM
Of course cannabis is a drug. And yes, I restrict people who do drugs.

I've also listed myself as a 'Social Drinker' although I can count the number of times I drink alcohol in a YEAR on one hand.

I also restrict smokers because to me it is a foul and nasty habit and I don't like licking the bottom of an ashtray. (Which is how I see kissing a smoker)

We all have preferences. Some people don't like tattoos and that immediately puts me off their 'lists'.

No loss.

If you want someone who 'partakes' in the same past times as yourself, state so in your profile. Honesty goes a long way these days and a lot of people are tired of playing games.
 TJRanth
Msg: 351
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/8/2008 4:11:08 AM
I smoke weed. This is a personal choice I've made. I don't smoke before or at work. I have a decent job and do it well. I have goals and achieve them. I'm fully aware of the stigma; I know what everyone thinks of potheads. If I see a profile and it says "Must not do drugs" then I move on. Why? Because they have as much right to choose who they hang out with as I do to choose to smoke weed. :p

I don't really understand why everyone has such a problem with this concept. We all make our own choices and we should all relax and accept that.
 EagleEric
Msg: 353
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/8/2008 9:29:49 AM
The use of any kind of illegal drugs is a deal breaker. Well what about legal drugs on a regular basis? That also can be a deal breaker if the user develops a dependency upon them. There is one exception and that is alcohol but only in moderation.

The Eagle
 hdhighway
Msg: 354
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/9/2008 2:37:10 AM
Again, it is about being judgemental and using the term character flaw and talking about what is legal and illeagal. I suppose that you would have been burning the witches in Salem, and persecuting the Jews in Germany, after all what is a little ethnic cleansing amoung friends? It was the law afterall. The term character flaw that you use is directed at the wrong folks pal.
 kittenshere
Msg: 355
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/9/2008 3:44:08 AM
of course its a drug. duh. let me define drug for ya........anything illegal. and here in my state ...louisiana ...its illegal.
 Rockdrummer2007
Msg: 357
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/9/2008 12:09:26 PM
I consider pot a drug and I don't want to be around it. It can ruin lives and create just as many problems as cocaine or heroin.
 10fingers
Msg: 358
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/9/2008 2:45:00 PM
Well, for me personally, if you have a problem with drugs or booze ...I am not interested.
Its an instant dealbreaker. Of course, while I don't, some of my friends smoke weed, but they aren't hawking their toasters and paranoid about society this and that...
I know the difference between someone who indulges and a drug infested Boozy the Clown.
Have a nice day. James
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >