Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forum101
Msg: 359
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?Page 14 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
anything illegal, or obtained without a legal physicians prescription. or under a doctors care. If they can arrest you for it, it is wrong. Its not that you dont have "other" problems, even with a prescription, though.
 hdhighway
Msg: 360
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/9/2008 10:44:39 PM
I was 14 when I was arrested the first time. I was in Mississippi and used the black only bathroom at a gas station. Being a white boy and somewhat of a rebal and smart enough and patriotic enough to oppose bad laws, when they gave me trouble, I also drank some water from the black only faucet. I was arrested and got my ass kicked over my shoulders, it was illegal. Was it right? Only those with moral integrity and true patriotisim opposed that injustice. Slavery in America is a major black eye for us all. Only those with moral integrity and true patritisim opposed that injustice. Killing off of the Indian Nation was the law of the land. Whas it right? No one with true patritisim and moral interity would say it was. So it is hard to listen to the wawanana wawa of pot being illegal, therfore immoral BS . Only the true patriot and moral Americans are going to stand against unfair and immoral laws. The rest of the sheep will say oh well, it is the law.. just like the german people did when the Jews went to the gas chambers. The sheep of this country are responsible for allowing the jailing of pot users and splitting of families who are only pursueing happiness in their own way, according to our constitution. If it is not your cup of tea I defend your right to not be around it. But to be so judgemental of folks the way you are, to use the weak kneed against the law defence to descriminate against the other half will not do. It shows how patriotic and moral you are.
 forum101
Msg: 361
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/9/2008 10:56:52 PM
you have put a lot of thought in your rationale for using drugs. maybe thou does protest too much? There is a reason why certain drugs are illegal. Mainly the contribution to crime and the violation of others rights . And people not having enough sense to know what is right for their own good. Like a seat belt in a car. Most wouldnt use one, but think of all the lives saved, cause they were too stupid/nonchalant to use them on their own.

hd highway age 14, the first time. This doesnt have anything to do with Jews , Indians, or slavery. Most drug users have to feed their habit. and they will resort to any means possible, to do just that. Hence, it is illegal. Deal with it.
 M-Dub™
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 12:59:00 AM

I smoke weed. This is a personal choice I've made. I don't smoke before or at work. I have a decent job and do it well. I have goals and achieve them. I'm fully aware of the stigma; I know what everyone thinks of potheads. If I see a profile and it says "Must not do drugs" then I move on. Why? Because they have as much right to choose who they hang out with as I do to choose to smoke weed. :p

I don't really understand why everyone has such a problem with this concept. We all make our own choices and we should all relax and accept that.

^^^^
Gets it.

I'm a new user (no pun intended) to this site, and I was debating this dilemma, so I decided to do a search on the topic (I may be new to online dating, but I at least understand basic message board protocol). I didn't read every post in this thread, but from the 3 or 4 pages I did read, I've concluded that I made the right decision by just sacking up and clicking the "often" box and letting the cards fall where they may.

As tempting as it is to select "no" for drug use because "it's not like I'm shooting heroin" or "pot's not really a drug, it's just a plant" or "you can make rope and paper and stuff out of it" or "it shouldn't even be illegal in the first place" or blah blah blah, the simple fact is, for some people, it's a very black-and-white issue: pot is an illegal drug and if you use it, they want nothing to do with you.

There's nothing wrong with that. Some people won't date you because of your skin color, or because of your religion (or lack thereof), or because you have tattoos and/or piercings, or because of your age, weight, politics, or any number of other reasons. That's just human nature. We all have different criteria, and what's incredibly important to one person might seem incredibly trivial to another.

Personally, I think it makes things easier. I don't want to start a relationship with someone so closed-minded and judgmental that they would immediately discount someone for smoking pot any more than she would want to start a relationship with a filthy, drug-abusing, scumbag pothead (even if we might be a good match otherwise). That's why we're here in the first place, right? To cut through the BS...
 kittenshere
Msg: 363
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 3:56:18 AM
some of us dont do drugs and have kids . i dont want a pothead or any kind of drug user anywhere near me. i dont care how good a person they could be. drugs are a big no no in my book . one day ur gonna need the brain cells that the pot burned off. ever see that commerical with the egg frying ..this is ur brain on drugs. i want a man with an unfried brain.
 Medina49
Msg: 364
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 5:06:03 AM
m-dub, good post. up front and honest is the only way to start out, let the cards fall where they might. I completely agree.
As for the "so close minded//etc" comment, dont discount intelligent experience as 'close minded'. When I was in my 20's, I assumed I'd smoke weed till I was 90. And then, something happened. I grew up. Granted, it took until I was 32..but-
It wasn't because it was illegal, or the threat of getting caught would end a career it was simply it finally occurred to me smoking pot was like that blanket they pull over bird cages at night. I missed it a lot at first, and still occasionally think "ah, it would sure be nice to find a chillum and burn some indica...and the first hour would be great...then what? That playdough for a thought process, the dumb stare, the crash, the worry that someone who I respect might stop by, the list 'against' is literally impossibly long, the list 'for' is a fleeting thought.

Everyone I know, or meet, who quit says nearly the exact same thing about why they quit.

And everyone I know who still smokes uses nearly the exact same reasoning why they still DO smoke.
 TheReason_
Msg: 365
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 10:26:46 AM
I don't have that restriction on my profile but yes Cannibis is an illegal drug. I don't think the point of the restriction is to ban people who use Tylenol. Whether or not you think it is or isn't an illegal drug doesn't change the fact that it is. Wander down to the local police station with a big bag of weed and see if they concur with your opinions.

Maybe the people who have this restriction on their profile care to not associate with people who use illegal drugs. There are plenty of people who do use cannabis, find one of them and it will be a win - win situation.
 hdhighway
Msg: 366
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 10:51:30 AM
Ok forum 101 - first I put hardley a thought to my post, but much more than you did. I know you and many like you as long as we are going to be judgemental, YOU bring kids into the world, divorce twice, have herpes and YOU are going to judge others? YOU want to call others stupid? Tell me where you get your information? There are countrys where drugs are legal and the crime that you speak of is not there. Who are YOU to say what is right for anothers own good? Like the seatbelt use, it may save a few lives here and there but the government does not need to micromanage peoples lives. If you remember the first design that only went across the lap, it was mandated but when they found it hurt more than it helped it was redesigned. Do YOU just make this stuff up or follow like a sheep? Did you think it a great idea when later they passed a law allowing the police to pull people over to see if they had on a seatbelt? I suppose a sheep would. Did YOU even consider that they no longer would need probable cause and one more American freedom was eroded? Looking past YOUR nose, it has everything to do with Jews , Indians, slavery, etc, BAD LAWS are just that and they should be opposed. Sorry to be the one to tell YOU, but pot is not something you can get "hooked" on. I am sorry because YOU should have the intelligence to have researched that. I don't smoke pot myself, but I have in the past and by the way the only thing I have been arrested for is peeing in a black only bathroom and protesting the amount of chemicals that Dow piped into a river. YOU be the sheep that you are, I will be a true patriot and protest ( yes maybe more than most) any injustace I see. YOU have every right to associate with whoever YOU want, but if YOU judge expect to be judged. DEAL WITH IT
 abelian
Msg: 367
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 10:57:27 AM
A person who drinks does drugs. Someone who smokes cigarettes does drugs. Someone who drinks or smokes cigarettes and then claims to not do drugs is at best, uninformed and at worst, a hypocrite.
 nebula22
Msg: 368
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 11:08:20 AM
BRAVO,,, hdhighway....
This bravo brought to you by one of the few remaining native pre-americans left in this land that legaly belongs to the native pre-americans.
 drnanjo
Msg: 369
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 11:14:55 AM

A person who drinks does drugs. Someone who smokes cigarettes does drugs. Someone who drinks or smokes cigarettes and then claims to not do drugs is at best, uninformed and at worst, a hypocrite.

Here, here. One reason that so many heroin users die is that we force them into an awful lifestyle by keeping the drug illegal. If cigarettes/nicotine (a much more deadly drug) were also illegal, most smokers would act JUST LIKE heroin users and do horrible thing to get their drug. And more of them would likely die too.

Many Vietnam Vets used heroin regularly to cope with the wretched conditions over there...once they stopped without even having withdrawal symptoms - because it helped them deal with the horrible stress of service.

Folks often say "but cigarettes don't f--k you up in the head". But alcohol sure does. It fuels many homicides, assaults and rapes. Not at all true of cannabis yet it using it can get you arrested. Go figure. There is NO rational basis for our drug policy in this country...it boils down to money and historical accident. When all drugs were legal, people were no more likely to become addicted than they are now. The drug war is a joke, a tragedy and a total waste of our money.

Nancy (drnanjo)
 cobaltblu
Msg: 370
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 11:25:56 AM
OP-you ask:
"Must not do drugs....?
And if you use this contact restriction, why do you use it?"

As shocking as it may sound....my response is that I use it to avoid being contacted by, hearing from, chatting with, being friends with , dating, having a relationship with......PPL THAT DO DRUGS! The reason anyone uses any restriction is due to personal preference.

And the "why" behind that decision for me is because I have seen what drugs can do to ppl, they are illegal to begin with, they fry their brain, the person can become selfish, irresponsible, consumed by their drug, financially ruined, ignore their health, hygiene, loved ones, can't hold a job, they can lie, cheat and steal to cover up and maintain their habit, they can go to jail, they can become violent...

I won't even comment on/get into the cannibis debate. Despite my above comments about drugs-i am a little tiny bit open minded about cannibis. Would prefer to not associate with ppl that did it i guess-but some friends do/have in the past. I guess some b/fs too. They know its not my scene/my thing. Its never been a big deal in my adult relationships-but I guess because it hasn't been around me much. If it were to be some daily occurence with someone I was close with-it would be an issue.

In my past/as far back as being a young child-I have seen ppl do drugs. They started with cannibis in my opinion. I have seen its effects-it lead to other drugs-with certain ppl (not for everyone).

I guess I did comment on cannibis after all!
 forum101
Msg: 371
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 11:53:48 AM
hdhighway
"I was 14 when I was arrested the first time. " you said in an earlier post.
"the way the only thing I have been arrested for is peeing in a black only bathroom"

I still say it is illegal. So I do not want it in my life. This post isnt about Jews, Indians, or slavery. somehow your trying to put up an argument to legalize marijuana, but it isnt working. You can flame me all you want. I wonder what about my posting my opinion on herpes has you so upset? Read into my profile anything you want. Dont concern yourself for one second about my children. Should I be jailed for having children? No. Or because I am divorced? Cause I decided not to continue in a bad situation? No. Should I be arrested if I smoke dope? Yes. Just because I post in a forum about herpes doesnt mean a damn thing. By the same premise, you could say that I posting in a drugs forum, I must do drugs? You can nitpic, and pull crap out of the air, you still dont convince me of anything. You be a patriot, and fight for injustice, but, couldnt you pick something to fight for, that more people would benefit, and not just the druggies?
 drnanjo
Msg: 372
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 12:17:13 PM
In my past/as far back as being a young child-I have seen ppl do drugs. They started with cannibis in my opinion. I have seen its effects-it lead to other drugs-with certain ppl (not for everyone).

The best-run research studies show that most users of illegal drugs start their careers wth alcohol and cigarettes. Cannabis is 3rd ranked probably because it is a little harder to get AND not a terribly powerful high to boot. Gateway drug and legal drug are pretty much synonymous. Again, people confuse the effects of the drug with the effects of making the drug illegal.

Cannabis is a drug and not good for you. But it is much milder than the true gateway drugs...the ones you can use with our government's blessing when you are "of age."

Nancy
 hdhighway
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 12:20:04 PM
HEY FORUM 101 ..........Who is flaming who???? I did not address you until you addressed me. yep at one time you would have been the scurge of society being a divorcee.... Maybe even strung up as a witch...... It was legal to persecute people like you. Was it right? NO - I would have come to your defense. How many bad situations do you have to decide not to continue? I do think that those bad situations affect your kids, maybe someone should worry if you don't. I do not have a thing against you for having herpes, I do think you should be honest with people about it. Who is pulling crap out of the air? Check your facts. Check my facts. Do not judge others and you will not be judged.
 kittenshere
Msg: 374
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 12:38:56 PM
the difference between a drug and a cigarette when people say the word drug is a drug is illegal and a cigarette is not. how uneducated can u be to not know the difference. wehn a person says drug....they mean illegal drugs.if they want to know if u do drugs they are speaking illegal drugs. if htey wnat to know if u smoke cigs they will ask if u smoke cigs not drugs. duh. One is illegal and one is not.
 drnanjo
Msg: 375
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 12:41:46 PM

One is illegal and one is not.

And that is the only difference. They are both drugs yet one goes unnoted as such. Nicotine kills more people than the other drugs combined with AIDS, homicide and car accidents. This is the power of language to distort our perception.

drnanjo
 hdhighway
Msg: 376
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 12:46:31 PM
forum 101 -
YOUR QUOTE: YOU BE A PATRIOT, AND FIGHT FOR INJUSTICE, BUT, COULDN'T YOU PICK SOMETHING TO FIGHT FOR, THAT MORE PEOPLE WOULD BENIFIT, AND NOT JUST THE DRUGGIES?

How silly is that!! ANY injustice against anyone is a injustice against us all. It allowes the mindset to exist to descriminate against any group of folks.
 kittenshere
Msg: 377
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 12:54:37 PM
no there is another difference one dont fry our brain and the others do. one does not make it illegal to drive or anything else and the other does. there are many differences.
 The Dood
Msg: 378
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 1:07:20 PM
Look, it’s not rocket science people. If you take a prescription drug that was prescribed by your doctor, no I don’t think anybody expects you to say, “Yes” to the do drugs question.

What people are looking for in that question would be recreational drug users, so even if it is a prescription drug, if you use it for recreation instead of what it is designed for, then yes you should say you do drugs.

Cigarettes are drugs too, but they have been an accepted part of human culture for eons, so there is no sense lumping them into the drugs category, because due to ignorance people don’t see cigarettes as having as negative an impact as recreational drug use.

Alcohol is another drug, but we don’t think of it as a drug because of the same reasons we don’t think of cigarettes as drugs, even though they are.

So what is all this about the “must not do drugs” well there are people out there that have a very negative view of recreational drug use. If you smoke weed, do you really want to be with someone that thinks you’re sick, and in need of help because you smoke a joint?
Probably not, the same goes the other way too, would someone who has never done any kind of recreational drug use want to get involved with someone that does on a regular basis, probably not either.

Pot smokers really don’t consider weed a drug in the same sense of cocaine, heroin, prescription drugs, etc…. It is very simple, you put the seed in the ground, something comes out, you smoke it.

So if you do not consider weed a drug then stick to your guns and put NO to the drug question, just make sure you do note somewhere on your profile, or inform the other person at some point through correspondence, that you do in fact smoke weed and that’s it. You may not consider it a drug, but other people may, and you have to respect other people’s views and opinions, because they are just as valid as yours.

Once your views and opinions have been made to the other person, listen to their views and opinions and respect them. I have dated girls that don’t smoke weed, what I suggest to them is I will not be high around them, or before we hang out, or during the time we hang out. They like that and usually that’s the end of it, and over time I can show them that weed does not need to be feared and it can be a useful tool just like alcohol when used responsibly. This doesn’t mean I’m trying to turn her into a pot head or even get her to try it, but as the relationship matures and more and more time is spent together, it allows me to go puff puff pass when appropriate and not worry about getting in crap later.
 mary janes space
Msg: 379
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 1:16:42 PM
And why wasn't I informed of this discussion, lol. Come come people. There is a huge difference between a heroin addict and a pothead. MJ doesn't make anyone violent or steal to supply their habit or quit their jobs or cheat or lie or murder. It's no different that your coffee in the morning or your afterdinner****ail or cigarette after a good meal. And by the way none of those do I do.
 drnanjo
Msg: 380
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 1:24:35 PM

no there is another difference one dont fry our brain and the others do. one does not make it illegal to drive or anything else and the other does. there are many differences.

Er...no. First of all, alcohol completely fries the brains of users...it is a TOXIC substance..and it is legal. Smoking cigarettes cuts off oxygen to your brain and hastens the arrival of dementia. On the other hand, one can use opiate drugs most of one's life (when legal) and although he or she will be constipated and goofy, it's not going to "fry the brain. " Nor will cannabis, for that matter if one uses it lightly.

All drugs are bad in some way. The fact the our government makes money off of some of them and therefore allows them doesn't change that fact. So you will not be able to come up with a harm-based justification for making this distinction. Quite simply, you are wrong. They are all the same. Our fearless leaders are just hoping you won't notice that. There are no "good"drugs. Legal don't mean "better."

drnanjo
 BigTexCookin
Msg: 381
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 1:26:00 PM
weed is a drug. Went on a date with a guy and we somehow got into the subject of drugs. I am very much against them. Grew up in a family full of addicts so I have seen the destruction over and over again that drugs lead to. He didn't count weed as a drug and that's where I had to end it. So if we were to ever have kids together he'd teach them its okay to smoke weed. Absolutely not. Can't have it.
 The Dood
Msg: 382
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 1:46:57 PM

So if we were to ever have kids together he'd teach them its okay to smoke weed. Absolutely not. Can't have it.

I hope you based the decision to end it on more than just his opinion that weed is not a drug. I smoke weed on a regular basis, if I have kids they will not know this, and they will be taught the truth about drugs when they reach the appropriate age. That does not mean I’m going to sit there and tell them drugs are bad, that would make me a hypocrite. But I will tell them how they can be bad, not only biologically, but also psychologically and socially. In the end strong children is what I want, and strong individuals will always make their own decisions, regardless of how many times you tell them something is bad. So I would rather give them un-bias information about the consequences of drug use rather than just simply saying “DRUGS ARE BAD UMMKAY!” Because doing that doesn’t answer any of their questions, so eventually they will find the answers themselves, usually the hard way.
 hdhighway
Msg: 383
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/10/2008 1:49:15 PM
Dood - You must be a rocket scientist. The only problem I have is when people use misinformation to be judgemental of others. When they use the term "how educated can you be" or "duh" excessivley and I look back at their profile and forum quotes to find 58 misspelled words and even more misinformation - I feel the need to say something. I agree with almost everything you have said and you were able to say it without being judgemental of either side of the debate this has turned into. My hat is off to you..... For some of those that think it is ok to be judgemental... I do think that there should be a box to check that says "must not be ignorant" I would not judge anyone unless that is how they would like to play, then the gloves will come off. I welcome intelligent conversation but truth and honesty must be used to make a point.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >