Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.
     
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *Carpe_diem*
Joined: 3/29/2007
Msg: 412
Must not do drugs....?Page 14 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)

Let me guess if you have a prescription it's fine if you don't well it's not cause it's illegal, give me a break.
Sorry, that's just the way it is. Prescription = legal, cannabis or otherwise. If you are taking Valium without a prescription it is illegal, same for cannabis. This isn't about what other laws we may or may not break, it is about doing drugs and what each of us defines as drugs. If your definition of drugs does not fit mine and you do them (regardless of the reason), we aren't a match and we won't go down that road. Just as it is futile for me to persuade you that your particular views on this matter are incorrect, it is just as futile to try and persuade others that your views ARE correct.

The only break I'll give you is that the word 'allot' is spelled 'a lot' in the context you are using it. Bust up one too many there dude?
 lonemonkey
Joined: 2/7/2008
Msg: 413
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/14/2008 3:57:47 PM
Cannibis is a drug. Contact restrictions on drug use is a good idea since many people have strong opinions against illegal drugs. The restrictions are a way of immediately filtering out drug use characteristics unlike our own at first glance. I wonder if perscription drug people think of their habit as applicable drug use? I would want to date someone with a similar sobrierty rate to mine. Why would a pot smoker want to date a not potsmoker anyhow?
 Ltkerk5
Joined: 11/22/2007
Msg: 414
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/14/2008 4:00:46 PM
well im sure there are some pot smokers that have interests outside of pot smoking for one.
 cuddlelicious
Joined: 5/11/2006
Msg: 415
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/14/2008 6:46:10 PM
I understood it to mean any use of drugs for recreational purposes.
 Account Deleted
Joined: 1/8/2008
Msg: 416
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/15/2008 8:01:13 AM
Must not do drugs...?

Drugs:

First of all Pot, Weed, Cannabis, Hemp - Whatever - is a Weed. It is a Plant that grows in the wild all over this wonderful planet. At best it is an Herb. Pot has PROVEN medical benefits and I for one can give testimony to being a Cancer Survivor because of Pot. No - Pot itself didn't 'cure' my cancer - BUT - (with my doctors knowledge) I smoked a joint of marijuana (not hash or oil - just pot) before and after every chemo treatment. As a result I did not lose any hair, I did not get sick, I was relaxed and had an appetite - THAT was extraordinarily beneficial in healing - not just the cancer but from the toxic chemo treatments.

Seems like a lotta people want to regurgitate a lot of 1980's propoganda and b.s. where this wonderful herb is concerned. Your fear is misplaced and misguided. The ONLY reason you fear pot is because the government (esp the US) is feeding you bul!sh.t .. and why are they doing that? Because # 1 they are too damned arrogant to admit they are wrong, # 2 they've not yet found a way to tax it and # 3 Pharmaceutical companies run the show and they sure as he!! get a lot more out of "you" buying: Percocets, oxycodeines, zoloft, prozac, valium, oh crap the list is endless!

Booze is a drug in liquid form - don't like that? tough its a fact. How many people do You know who've been hit and/or killed by a Drunk driver? How many of you drive drunk? Now compare that to "all" the marijuana induced fatalities and then lets have a real discussion.

By the way - my cancer was 25 years ago. After using the marijuana I did Not turn to harder drugs. I'll tell ya one more thing . that redneck boozer president would probly impress me a whole lot more if he gave a speach after a little puff rather than have in the boooze bag!

I agree with hd - if any of you nasties want to argue this with me in pm - go for it . .. my "block party" is looking for new members! lol
I do NOT consider pot a drug - its an Herb. While I won't date a cigarette smoker because of the direct impact on my health, a pot smoker is harmless and often lots of fun too! We can use the extra stock to weave some new jeans! lol

I really do wish people would speak Honestly, from an Educated viewpoint rather than regurgitating more b.s. - just cuz they said it was so in 1975 doesn't mean they were right!
Preferences:fffffffffffffffffffffffft eeeeeeeeee'er!


A.S.is


"We've come a long way baby!"
 nebula22
Joined: 8/14/2007
Msg: 417
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/18/2008 10:37:09 AM
Another,,,BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!
This one is for a truely intelligent person... AlienSecret
Her intelligence is REFRESHING..
Iget so sick of these people that do not know or understand anything getting on here telling all of us what we should think, say and do.!!!
All I can say about those people is that they need to get a LIFE.!!!!
BRAVO..!!! To all the free thinkers who will not let the government lead them around by a ring in their nose like cattle...
 cocytus
Joined: 11/9/2007
Msg: 418
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/18/2008 10:45:26 AM
^^^^^
Because she supports YOUR point of view...she's "intelligent?"
I smoked weed in the paste.
Quite a bit.
Found it to be occasionally enjoyable and usually so-so as far as effect.
Having said that, I have seen and can see where another person might not want a weedhead as part of their life.

Weed can make you lazy.
Distracted.
Not ambitious.
It's expensive.
And it DOES become at least psychologically addictive to most people.

Oh yeah...and it's currently illegal.

This doesn't say that prescription drugs and alcohol don't do the same.
But they also have the positive aspect of being LEGAL.

If you have to choose between a relationship and using drugs...of any type...then you are showing that you shouldn't BE in a relationship.
 climbsagain
Joined: 1/20/2008
Msg: 420
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/18/2008 1:47:45 PM
Yes that is a drug sir. Call it pot, call it weed, it is a drug. Believe it or not there are people that have to protect their career and families, or is it family and career. Anyway they do not want to risk everything for a person that smokes weed. Do people really still smoke weed? Your making this up?
 Annuvin
Joined: 2/5/2008
Msg: 422
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/18/2008 1:57:41 PM
> what do people consider Drugs?? obviously someone with a daily heroin or coke
> habit is doing 'drugs'

Someone who has a daily dependency on illicit narcotics. I really don't think there is many ways to interpret it.

> but what about people who smoke cannabis? do you consider cannabis a drug?

Yes. I am not into dating potheads (or alcoholics for that matter).

> And if you use this contact restriction, why do you use it?

Probably because I see those with illicit drug dependancies as utter lowlife, and really have no use for them. Period.

I look for women that are going to enhance my life and make me aspire to be something better than I already am. Certainly I do not want to have a relationship with some junkie slag who's primary concern every day is where her next fix is coming from.
 Annuvin
Joined: 2/5/2008
Msg: 423
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/18/2008 2:01:30 PM
> First of all Pot, Weed, Cannabis, Hemp - Whatever - is a Weed. It is a Plant that
> grows in the wild....

So is opium. Your point?
 ORCAANNA
Joined: 3/31/2007
Msg: 424
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/18/2008 2:29:18 PM
I don't want to be a party-buster , but my daughter , my only daughter,being a recreational drug user, died of a drug overdose, at her boyfriends apartment. Why would I want anymore heart ache, in my already aching heart?? I am not into the politics of what is legal or not, or why certain people do drugs, and drink. All i do know is that drugs KILL!! As for me looking for a potential date on this site, that is one of my main requiements... that you do not do drugs. I want to relate to a man, not necessarily to his hallucinations, delusions, or illusions. I can deal with his frailities,I have my own., i don't do too well at the morgue, or at the funeral parlor..... and here i am, a former hippie from the late 60's. Been there too many times already!! To all you users... please, please .......be aware, and careful with your use. - sign me off with a Ph.D, in heart- ache!!
 biztraveler6901
Joined: 1/28/2008
Msg: 425
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/18/2008 2:43:32 PM
Pot's a drug? Damn and here I have been smokin nuggets for all these years as a productive and motivated member of society all the while thinking it was legal. Hmmm now that I let the fog lift a little maybe that's why I always hide it when i see a cop in my mirrors!! Is there a Burger King and a couch around?
 RhythmandBlues
Joined: 1/19/2008
Msg: 426
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/18/2008 3:19:14 PM
Ok,
pot is offically a drug but it is more of a herb...We live in BC here people, there are more pot smokers in BC than not.
Now I put no to drugs in my profile because I don't take any drugs except RX drugs...I do toke from time to time...that does not make me a pothead tho, it just says I enjoy it.
Pot is no worse that smoking a cig or having a beer. If after work I choose to meet a buddy for a couple beers or a toke or two there really is no difference, its just an after work unwind which all of us enjoy!!
People who equate social toking as hard core drug use or condem us as drug users need to stop being so naive and get into the 21st century!
 Snake-charmer
Joined: 2/13/2008
Msg: 427
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/18/2008 5:16:37 PM
Pot is a drug that adversely affects the brain.

It also brings mental illness out in people who may not ever become afflicted with it otherwise (google 'marijuana' and 'schizophrenia' together). This is simple scientific fact, and I've watched it happen to someone I cared about.

I also believe when people start smoking it early on it has an effect on emotional maturity- in other words, becoming 'stuck' in perpetual adolescence. Of course those who smoke it don't believe this- but why would they? They aren't exactly capable of comparing the personality they may have had if they never smoked to their present self.

I would never date anyone who smoked pot. Not only due to the reasons above, but potheads really have no idea how irritating they are to others.
 nebula22
Joined: 8/14/2007
Msg: 428
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/18/2008 5:40:15 PM
orcaanna,,, I'm so sorry for the loss of your loved one..
I raised my children with ALL of the truth about DRUGS.
That included the Drs drugs and the drugs on the streets..
They know that if they ever decide to get high for any reason, smoking pot is the only thing that they should do..
Nothing else is safe!!!!!
None of my children get high.. But they know what drugs are about..
They have seen drunk Bikers and stoned Hippies..
And they have seen the ones that would do anything they could get their hands on...
If everyone would raise their children with open honesty and explain to them what is going on in the world that is full of Kings and Queens that will blind your eyes and steal your dreams..
Then MAYBE, just maybe.. there might be a chance that we would all be able to die before our children...
 MetalVixxn
Joined: 4/4/2007
Msg: 429
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/18/2008 5:45:27 PM
I don't condone any type of drug use but i gotta say, i'd rather date someone who has a coke habbit as opposed to someone who smokes pot 24/7.
 Cowboypirate
Joined: 11/15/2007
Msg: 431
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/18/2008 5:55:20 PM
To me, "drugs" refers to any form of illegal narcotics, depressants, methamphetamines, hallucinagens, and any other form of illegal drug, including cannabis, whether it be cannabis sativa, hash, or hash oil.

I choose not to become involved with drug users because of two reasons:

1) A drug addict many times will end up stealing to support their habit.

2) I am going into the criminal justice career field, thus it would destroy any chances of myself having a successful career in that field after earning my bachelor's degree in criminal justice in a year. I'm not about to risk my entire future over a woman who decides to smoke some weed and ends up getting caught with myself anywhere nearby.
 Sabrosura
Joined: 8/1/2007
Msg: 432
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/18/2008 6:01:03 PM
Drug = any substance i.e. pill, liquid or any other substance that can be injected, sniffed, smoked, etc...- that is abused/alters a person's state of mind, etc..........

I have this restriction because I do NOT use any type of drug - recreational or otherwise. I drink alcohol socially. I do NOT drink every day, have a habit or abuse my body. By the same token, I do NOT want someone in my life that uses ANY type of drug or abuses it.
 srvblues
Joined: 8/15/2005
Msg: 433
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/18/2008 7:29:03 PM
Yes weed is drugs! If you do it, I don't want anything to do with you.

I hate pot heads more than any kind of substance abuser.
 Annuvin
Joined: 2/5/2008
Msg: 434
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/18/2008 10:35:41 PM
> Pot is no worse that smoking a cig or having a beer.

Not true. I can unwind with a pint of ale, enjoy it and remain sober. If you smoke up and are still sober, you complain you got ripped off. No one smokes pot simply for the taste. You smoke it to get impaired. Period.

> People who equate social toking as hard core drug use or condem us as drug users
> need to stop being so naive and get into the 21st century!

One could say that potheads need to grow out of their teens as well.
 brianmartin
Joined: 2/24/2007
Msg: 436
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/19/2008 11:15:21 PM
I choose not to use the "drugs" screener because it's very hypocritical. I sure like to get tipsy sometimes, it's a great way to relax. Just as marijuana can be a great way to socialize or listen to music or meditate. I have zero problem with people who *occasionally* use drugs for a practical purpose, whether that be relaxation, enlightenment, to socialize, whatever. If you are the type who would tell me not to toke a bowl with my buddies occasionally, then we simply wouldn't get along.

Anything that produces a physiologic effect is a drug, it's quite simple. The question is how much harm that drug causes a specific person, and anyone with any life experience knows there are completely functional adults who occasionally use drugs...as well as totally inept drug addicts. It's two ends of a spectrum with many variations in between...and the POF "feature" of screening "drug users" is mostly a facade. Everyone that uses drugs recreationally puts "not a drug user" because they don't want to be blacklisted. But the problematic drug users put "not a drug user" as well, so....again what is the point? It should have options such as "socially" or "once a month" just like the other drugs (nicotine and alcohol) do.

I wonder how many people are cigarette smokers but have "Must not do drugs" on their profile...
 pathfinder49
Joined: 1/13/2008
Msg: 437
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/20/2008 10:11:32 PM
I don't use that block, but if she does cannibus she can keep on truckin. As a matter of fact cannibus distorts quicker and more than what I've seen with some on heroin.
On one job a haroin addict was the best operator we had, but without his drug he was beat.
Far as I am concerned if a woman can't enjoy herself with me with a straight head on her shoulders she can be with you.
Pot distorts and I don't care for being with distorted people. The real person is the one I want to know.
 picklehead38
Joined: 5/28/2006
Msg: 438
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/21/2008 4:19:35 PM
The beggining of the thread asks the question of why the "must not use drugs" filter was being used. So on goes the debate; what's legal, what's socially acceptable, what's hardcore, recreational or medicinal - enter stage left the pot heads, who I'm surprised have the motivation to actually enter into this debate.

To the Rasta's;

well.... you're stoned if you have found a place that is closer to nature, your inner soul, or inner truth - you've escaped reality, which is the basic pretense in any habitual users motivation to use. A person who lacks the tools to deal with reality and needs to escape reality has gone past experimentation. If you need drugs to find a nice relaxing happy place, you're an addict - if not to a compound in the drug, then to the behavior of using the drug for escape.

To the Potheads who think they're only hurting themselves;

Pot does long term damage to your brain, and there are also vast psychological effects that are described from simple irrational mood swings to the provoking of schitzophrenia. As a potential partner, I would not take the risk of burdening myself with someone who's "relaxation techniques" could cause catastrophic effects on my life.
 brianmartin
Joined: 2/24/2007
Msg: 439
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/21/2008 6:31:52 PM
I understand not wanting to date someone who has a problem, but by using the screener you may be screening out people who use occasionally and don't have a problem, simple as that.
 picklehead38
Joined: 5/28/2006
Msg: 440
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 2/21/2008 7:45:24 PM
The point that those people using the screener are making is that - for them, the level of acceptable use to tolerate is zero. Any use of drugs is seen as a debilitating problem that they don't want to become involved with. The choice to use is yours, and the choice not to be involved with users is thiers.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >