Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Must not do drugs....?      Home login  
Msg: 326
Must not do drugs....?Page 14 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
cannabis, coke or heroin...they're all drugs my matter which way you look at it...
Msg: 327
view profile
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/16/2007 6:34:46 PM
"What scares me is all the drinkers of alcohol. The leading cause of death in the world"

I am anti-excessive drinking (own a sober living home). However, I'd like to know the source of this statistic. I searched and found a site for 2004 that said in 2001 the world leading cause was traffic accidents - some of which included DUI related accidents, but nowhere near all of them. Now, DUI was listed as the leading cause for young people in Finland ... but breast cancer was for women in Shanghai. Ok, I will stop playing.

Having multiple people around me recently diagnosed with various cancers and diabetes I am sensitized more to the diet related behaviors that are going to (per news hype) result in the next generation having a shorter lifespan than mine has.
Msg: 328
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/16/2007 7:35:57 PM
I consider antidepressants, MAOI's and tranquilizers to be drugs but I suspect that anyone on this site with a prescription isn't going to put that they "Do Drugs" in their profile.

Caffeine and alcohol are mood altering, addictive drugs. They're just legal.

Cannabis was made illegal in both USA and Canada without medical consultation, much to the surprise of the medical community for whom tincture of cannabis was the second most prescribed drug. The argument used in California to criminalize cannabis was that it made Mexicans into murderous maniacs. This followed on the heels of the decision for law enforcement there to change their standard sidearm weapon from a 32 caliber to a 38 caliber because the smaller shell was insufficient to stop a "cocainized ", the mythological superman created by cocaine using blacks.

The Canadian argument was that cannabis and opium were a plot by the Chinese to enslave western people. Emily Murphy, possibly the first woman judge in Canada, in her book, the Black Candle, described how the yellow menace was going to destroy the good white people with drugs.

Cannabis is illegal due to ignorance and racism. For people to say, "Cannabis is a drug" while their profile indicates they enjoy a good bottle of wine is an indicator of 100 years of entrenched ignorance. The idea that alcohol is the choice of the enlightened and hashish is a vice of the "degenerative races", dates back several hundred years to the height of the British Empire, along with the attitude that India was populated by "bloody wogs".

The Indian Hemp Drugs Commission of 1896, US and Canadian studies in the 1970's and the 2001 Senate commission on illegal drugs all conclude that cannabis use induces no more harm in its users than alcohol. In the 1930's, the Hearst publishing empire, being owners and partners in wood pulp and paper processing, created hundreds of "reefer madness" stories that furthered the idea that cannabis causes madness and death in it's users. This may have been in no small part to crush the hemp paper competition of the day. The media incited belief lives on to this day as flawed studies emerge to indicate that cannabis causes schizophrenia and cancer. This flies in stark contrast to the 5,000 years of recorded cannabis use in Asia.

Saying that you don't date people who break the law is fine, just recognize that laws are made by people and that some are horribly flawed by human weakness.
 Me llamo Ryan
Msg: 329
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/16/2007 8:32:15 PM
Marijuana is a drug. I'm not interested in having a relationship with someone who uses *any* sort of drugs. I don't mind be friends with people who use drugs recreationally...but I don't want to be around when the drug use is occurring.

I don't have any contact restrictions, though. I joined POF to meet someone for a relationship, but I'm also happy to make new friends. My requirements for friendship are more lenient than my requirements for people I date.
Msg: 330
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/16/2007 8:33:27 PM
i don't want to be around ****ed up people
Msg: 331
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/17/2007 7:31:26 AM
I agree. I find a lot of things f**k people up. Booze and prescriptions included.
Msg: 332
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/17/2007 8:05:24 AM
Alcohol and tobacco are far more dangerous and "bad for you" than marijuana. Nearly 500,000 souls yearly can't be wrong.

Heck, here's one from a drug REHAB center;

Note that even this rehab center doesn't try to pretend that marijuana is dangerous.
Msg: 333
view profile
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/17/2007 9:11:20 AM
See, I'm not a big fan of smokers or social drinkers either (just to set the record straight), BUT if it was the right person, I wouldn't have any qualms about dating them, solely based on either of those two factors. Neither of them would compromise my job or my morals.

Now on the other hand, ILLEGAL drugs would do both. Plus, if you're only having a few drinks or cigs, you aren't fu.cked in the head for life.
Msg: 334
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/19/2007 4:58:49 PM
yes....pot is a drug. i don't want people who do drugs contacting me because I'm a mom. I refuse to bring someone who uses drugs into my life (and possibly my son's). I've been through that before and learned my lesson the hard way. Drugs are bad mmmk!
Msg: 335
view profile
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/21/2007 6:04:53 AM
i know the drug and alcohol detox and rehab that i work for feels marijuana is dangerous. mj is not detoxed only rehab because mj stays in your system for 1 to 2 months after using because it is fat soluable. mj is felt to be a better alternative to crack or herion. mj is still considered dangerous. one patient would lose their eyesight everytime mj was used. that's not dangerous?
Msg: 336
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/21/2007 11:03:13 AM
a drug is classified as a mind altering substance so cannibis is a drug but then again alcohol can also be considered .... leaving that as a thought worth pondering by others
Msg: 337
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/21/2007 11:08:12 AM
to continue on since I accidentally hit the button .. Out of all the drugs that are out there the only acceptable ones are smoking, alcohol, and caffeine. If a person states "must not do drugs" does it really matter if we are doign drugs and they state must not go on look for someone else. I think that this topic is one that people will agree to disagree on way too many perspectives on it I think. Happy Fishing to all
Msg: 338
view profile
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 12/4/2007 1:56:03 PM
amen brother its only a big deal if someone makes it that at least she's "man" enough to be honest about it
Msg: 339
view profile
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 12/4/2007 2:35:53 PM
weed, coke, heroine, Anything that is addictive like that, cigs I do not mind.
Msg: 340
view profile
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/8/2008 1:21:05 PM
Ok - Iamjumbo - character flaw? normal person? regular people? We must all go by your standards now? How about this : normal, regular folks without character flaws don't let thier belly get so big that they reularly pee in thier own belly button. That would leave you out of the mix wouldn't it.
Msg: 341
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/8/2008 1:25:53 PM
A drug is a drug and I could not deal with it so I mean what it stated,,,Must not do drugs,,,
Msg: 342
view profile
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/8/2008 3:44:35 PM
Ok - Iamjumbo - character flaw? normal person? regular people? We must all go by your standards now? How about this : normal, regular folks without character flaws don't let thier belly get so big that they reularly pee in thier own belly button. That would leave you out of the mix wouldn't

of course not. beer and food are not illegal. choosing to be stupid enough to do something you know you don't have a right to do is the character flaw, which is the case with drugs
Msg: 343
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/8/2008 5:09:38 PM
If your in your 20's, whayever, blaze away. If your in your 40's and still living your life on a path where you can ruin your career/life etc. because you want to do drugs, go ahead and run that risk. Just stay the hell out of my life.

Alcohol and tobacco are both drugs (which admit i use) , are addicting, hazardous to you health etc. as well. But POSSESSION of them is not illegal. But for some reason, alchol is legal and pot is not. Drink. No problem. Drink to excess in public and/or drive: problem. Fair? maybe not. Reality? yes. and reality is for people who cant handle drugs. (I even end up flushing prescribed pain killers and muscle relaxants when there the vile's full and I dont need them- they are drugs too, but that one's not a rule).

Pot is illegal. It alters the mind. I smoked it from the age of 12 to 24. I smoked it BECAUSE it causes apathy. At 43, Im not particularly interested in seeking out an apathetic law breaker (the occassional speeding ticket and war protest arrest pass the 'necessity defence' arguement for me). That also means don't drive drunk etc (which is physically more dangerous than pot). Fact is, I would likely loose my job, reputation, and credibility if I got busted for drugs including pot (as well as a 'bad' alcohol' charge for that matter-I fired someone over a non-work hour alcohol incident this fall). those 3 things: job, reputation, and credibility are important to me- I worked hard for them and dont want to throw them away over a girlfriend. If a partner suddenly got addicted to something, and I was devoted, that would be a different story,

And bringing the food/weight question into this just obfuscates the question (and thats from someone thin as hell). for what its worth, my rule is I am also willing date people with a few extra pounds provided they are not too embarrassed to go to the beach (there's some out there), can handle hiking in the hills (mt peaks isnt a requirement), ride a bike, and other reasonably normal physical activities without keeling over or whining, ARE NOT APATHETIC, and have good personalities and sense of humor. So if u want to drag weight in, start a new thread.
Msg: 344
view profile
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/8/2008 5:17:40 PM
I love iced coffee but does that mean I need rehab??? I believe there is a huge difference between stopping at Dunkin Donuts daily and meeting your dealer on the corner at 3am.
Msg: 345
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/8/2008 5:36:19 PM
or 3 pm for that matter. exactly. we grow up and pick our poisons. If you cant, leave us alone.
Msg: 346
view profile
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/11/2008 5:28:26 AM
Genisis , 1 , 29 .. And GOD said, Behold , Even unto all the green herb bearing seed have I given you all things.
Does anyone believe in the constitution of america?
Freedom of religion anyone?

Romans13:1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established.

If you are going to refer to the bible to make your case, make sure you KNOW the bible. You can't expect to cherrypick portions of it to justify your position as a means to avoid having your feet held to the fire. In that man's law does not go against God's law in this case, it is, in God's eyes, a law that is to be followed. Your defense is null and void.

That being said, I don't necessarily agree with the laws criminalizing pot, am familair with the history surrounding it as per Jack Herer's The Emperor Wears No Clothes.
All the arguments for it's legalization and the reasons for the laws currently in place don't change the fact that the law is the law.
Msg: 347
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/11/2008 6:15:49 AM

I'd jut like to ask as you see this in a lot of profiles '' Must not do drugs''.

what do people consider Drugs?? obviously someone with a daily heroin or coke habit is doing 'drugs'.

but what about people who smoke cannabis? do you consider cannabis a drug?

And if you use this contact restriction, why do you use it?

There's not much that comes from drugs...that is while they are still illegal.
Also,for every person that is a successful professional that gets high "recreationally" there are probably five that are unable to get a job,keep a job or look for a job due to their "recreational" drug use.

W/the chances of addiction and arrest so high (forgive the pun) and the returns on on drug use so's no wonder that most people simply avoid the entire issue by looking for a mate that doesn't use them.
Msg: 348
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/11/2008 3:27:52 PM
yes canabis is a drug.
i put that on my profile 'must not do drugs' cause i have no interest at all to date someone who do drugs.small or big it doesnt matter.
its a choice i made all my life.i never did drugs,never tried it and chose not to and i choose to never do it either.and finaly i choose not to have anyone in my life who does.i mean if i meet someone and they did it when they were young thats different.whats in the past is in the past just as long as now they dont do any.
Msg: 349
Posted: 1/11/2008 5:53:24 PM
Someone was on crack that I knew. I still can't believe how much I was lied to. I suspected drugs or something underhanded, what a disaster for me, and my kids, this was devistating to me, I have been tormented by this. She did it with an ex boyfriend for a long time. But they never had sex because he couldn't get it up. But she didn't know he was on crack for a while after they met. Alcohol is one thing, Crack is another thing that with hurt everyone around a addict. I just wanted a hug and to be loved, I didn't expect this.
Msg: 350
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/11/2008 6:07:41 PM

but what about people who smoke cannabis? do you consider cannabis a drug?

Its as much a drug as tobacco or alcohol in that it alters the brain and is controlled.
Caffeine is a drug as well, but not yet controlled. I'd let someone chug a gallon of coffee, or chain smoke a carton of cigs and drive my son around, cant say the same thing about hooch or booze.
If pot were legal, I might take a puff at a party, but...its on the I dont speed, run lights, sell firearms to minors, turn the odometer back list of things I wont do now..
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Must not do drugs....?