Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pappy009
Msg: 476
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?Page 16 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
Quite and interesting thread, especially when pot is involved. I am sure many of us are aware that pot is somewhat of a drug that was used in herbal remedies to help people sleep, increase appetite and so on. In the simplest ways. So I had to look it up, I needed the information and here is some of what I have read and discovered.

If chronic use occurs, there is a build up of THC in the brain, its actually harmless to the tissue but does cause short term memory loss that is not permanent. After quiting smoking the brain is returned to normal. Thats it, there is no other harmful effects of pot.

Now some of the things that I discovered if memory serves well here, its been a while since I studied it.
When you light up a joint you inhale, this opens up all the air sacs in the lungs, it allows the liquids collected in the air sacs to flow upward and you tend to spit it out in a hanki or the street. That substance is toxic to the lungs and if you smoke cigarettes its actually helpful at cleaning out the effects of smoking.

Once you inhale, your lungs fill up with this fatty acid call omega 3-6-9 because pot seeds are gruel, or porridge people ate in the old days, daily. The lack of Omega fats has been linked to ADD ADHD. Hemp or Pot has more natural nutrition when eaten than any of the cereals made today.

Pot stop Glaucoma cataracts by opening up the blood cells of the eyes so that the blood can remove dead cells.

Pot lowers blood pressure by opening up the blood vessels of the body including the little ones and it seem by doing this your body tingles as the blood reaches each cell caring enzyenes to replenish the cell and remove dead cells.

Pot shrinks tumors in the brain. The main reason why pharmaceuticals companies are experimenting with pot is its ability to lesson the advance of brain traumas.

Removes cholestrol.

Lowers blood pressure.

Relaxes without the use of Valium which is far worst than pot.

It was made illegal in 1931 the same yr. that the petro chemical companies urged our representatives to ban its use. The reason, Hemp, Hemp supplies over 25,000 products in direct competition to the oil industry. The first Diesel motor in Germany ran on Hemp oil. Hemp can be grown on a rock, taller than a person and can supply us with enough food (porridge), oils for painting, fabrics that last longer than cotton, no pesticides are needed and cotton uses more pesticides than pretty well any crop etc, etc,etc.

Read Sugar Blues by William Duffy, Sugar is biggest killer to mankind. Why not avoid people who eat sugar.

Just because its illegal does not mean its wrong. To be charged for this, is a victimless crime.Thats wrong. We all have our preferences for sure, but all my friends smoke pot, all get up in the morning and go to work, all of them raised there kids, all of them paid there mortgages and all of them are pretty normal and somewhat very intelligent. Simply because they see the other side to things.

Fluoride in water is a known carcenigetic. Does not help in preventing dental decay but help destroy the ability to transfer Calcium into bone matter. And the tube is full of commercials to help bones with more chemicals.

Aspartame changes into a carcenigetic once it hits 96 degrees whats your body temperature. When the first Dessert Storm occured boxes and boxes of diet pop was left out in the heat. You do the math on the Gulf War Syndrome cases.

Vaccinations are now preserved with Methymercury, it effects the brain in neuronets, memory loss (Alzheimer's) MS, MD, Fibramoyomia, and so on.

Booze kills brain cells.

There all legal, and I refuse to go out with anyone who eats processed cerials, gets vaccinations and uses Aspartame, I don't need the long term ill effects of those drugs either.

I don't support pot usage as I don't support booze either, but to each there own.
 kittenshere
Msg: 477
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/5/2008 11:22:17 AM
just becuase its illegal does not make it wrong???? yes it does.
 Ltkerk5
Msg: 478
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/5/2008 5:51:46 PM
boy you would fit right into nazi germany with that nonsense.

So i guess if something is legal that makes it morally right. Start the waterboarding!!!!
 Still Of The Night
Msg: 479
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/9/2008 12:24:03 PM
People really are stuck to the letter of the law hey.

In ww1, Canada made it legal to gather up anyone of orient decent and cram them all into concentration camps!

Tell me, was that right???

Is it right to be allowed to go to the bar every night and drink yourself stupid, come home then and make life hell for your family???

Is it right that in Canada, gay males are NOT allowed to become organ doners???

These are only a very few examples! There are MANY MANY more (trust me on this one).

I suggest to anyone who judges right and wrong by the letter of the law to seriously reconsider that shallow, self serving attitude and look at things for what they really are (unless of course you are for things like waterboarding)(damn good reference there Itkirk5).

The Night
 oddandy
Msg: 481
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/10/2008 8:39:21 AM

here is the scoop ... they all affect the healthy relationships your hormones have to your brain..... this is not myth but scientific fact and when someone wants to screw with their brain secretion of hormones they age faster, have drastic changes in moods and anxiety and panic attacks, insulin levels get disrupted hence weight fluctuation and most importantly sex drives deminish due to disturbances of hormones.

A lot of cognitive dissonance on this subject. People wouldn't think twice about dating someone who drinks a lot of caffeinated beverages, and caffeine (especially in large doses over a long period of time) can have the same negative effects on mood and physical health as marijuana.

As for the "but it's illegal!" viewpoint, I wonder how many of these folks are aware that most US states still have laws on the books prohibiting oral sex, for just 1 example.
 forum101
Msg: 482
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/11/2008 4:36:45 AM
NoseyNeighbor said:
{{{Insulin lispro is a drug. Approved by the FDA in June, 1996,
Insulin aspart is a drug, and,
Insulin glargine is a drug.}}}

You cannot compare pot to a life saving medication. what a piece of crap.
Potheads want to smoke it, therefore would argue come hell or high water about it. I dont want anyone who smokes it or does any illegal drugs around me. You are a safety hazard to be around. It speaks volumes about a person who continues to do something even though it is illegal, then tries to ram their rationale down someone else's throat.

and a quick note to Imagine_If:
What a concept. a 19 year old single full-time mother, no job, drug user, looking for a man, You can spell clueless, but do you actually know what it means? i sure hope you keep that crap away from your baby.
 oddandy
Msg: 483
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/11/2008 3:32:15 PM

It speaks volumes about a person who continues to do something even though it is illegal, then tries to ram their rationale down someone else's throat.

So in countries where it is illegal to speak negatively of an oppressive government, what volumes are spoken about those who dare to speak out anyway and encourage others to do the same?

I think it speaks volumes when someone makes value judgements based merely on what happens to be legal or illegal at any given time.
 Still Of The Night
Msg: 485
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/11/2008 5:45:45 PM
hahahahahahahahaha
 forum101
Msg: 486
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/11/2008 9:05:14 PM
the smoke is clouding your brain. reread. this is about drugs. pot. illegal. got it? even though some have made it off topic. arguments do not change the facts.
 oddandy
Msg: 488
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/12/2008 8:27:55 AM

the smoke is clouding your brain. reread. this is about drugs. pot. illegal. got it? even though some have made it off topic. arguments do not change the facts.

What's off topic? A big part of your argument (which you reinforced AGAIN in your last post) seems to be that the illegality of marijuana use somehow contributes to it being "bad," so I asked a simple question in response to your statement:

It speaks volumes about a person who continues to do something even though it is illegal, then tries to ram their rationale down someone else's throat.

that question being, what about people who live in countries where it is illegal to speak negatively of an oppressive government but who insist on doing it anyway, and who encourage others to do the same? (i.e. "trying to ram their rationale down someone else's throat.")

Or what about people in Hitler's Germany that hid Jews even though it was illegal, perhaps even trying to convince others that they should do the same?

Nothing's off topic here - your last 2 posts mention the illegality of the substance, I'm pressing you (and others) on why that seems an important factor to you?
 piscescoda
Msg: 489
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/12/2008 11:14:30 PM
I imagine any illegal drug. It doesn't take a genius to know what that includes.
 Beefcakedaddio
Msg: 490
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/13/2008 2:04:15 AM
What about "legal"drugs, what about alcholics they are drug addicts.......What about individuals on drugs for mental illness narcotics for pain etc.....There are so many people messed up on legal drugs that should not be allowed to drive and probably should not be in a relationship.....there is a lot of hypocracy and judgementalism towards drug usage most people have an addiction of sorts that can be unhealthy.....like say people addicted to big macs get obese and have serious health issues.....psychological addictions............people dependant in thier relationships with abusers etc . Some people will have minor issues with drugs most people will perhaps experiment and move on.........some people have a few drinks every Friday night but be functional and a happy person........Some people have a toke every weekend and amazingly might be happy bright functional people too etc....
 hippychic9
Msg: 492
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 4/11/2008 1:46:47 PM
ChemistryNkisses ...

You must be 420 friendly ...

Love your posts on this subject ... was laughing out loud reading some of them.

Sadly however, I was also just left shaking my head at the level of ignorance on this
topic and the lack of people being "cool" in general.

All you uptight people need to give it a rest ... really ... judge not least you be judged

Peace to all ...
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 493
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 4/14/2008 8:58:54 PM
I checked off the box that says "must not do drugs."
That means any (illegal) "controlled" substance that can be inhaled (in smoke, vapor, or powdered form), swallowed, or injected.
Yes, that includes any form of cannabis or any "natural" or "organic" hallucinogenic substance.

"Why" is simple: I don't need the drama, the expense, the embarassment, or the legal entanglements associated with people involved in abusing substances (drugs) of any kind: I don't need to have the police find your drug-related residue or paraphenalia in my vehicle or in my house.
Been there done that, moved on decades ago.

I also can't stand drunks.
 FreeWheelinFranklin
Msg: 494
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 4/14/2008 10:32:51 PM
Why would I date someone who doesn't do drugs?
Lots of substances affect your behavior and can be classified as a drug.
Coffee is a drug. Sugar is a drug. Chocolate is too. Just cause it is legal doesn't make it okay to become addicted to. If you abuse anything it is bad for you.
If you believe everything the government and media tell you then you deserve what you get. Go ahead and let them wash your brain of any self thought. This is supposed to be a free society but it appears that some people need to be reminded occasionally so that they don't try forcing their will upon others. To each their own. If you don't like drugs then you have every right not to have it in your life and visa versa. Just because there is nobody left to discriminate against in a politically correct manner it seems that there is a public witch hunt for anyone that smokes or drinks or uses drugs. History is destined to repeat itself. Where will it stop? When all drug users/smokers/boozers are gone what will they choose to ban next? The answer is your freedom. Smokers, drinkers and drug users have rights and are not less of a human and should therefore not be treated differently.
I would rather date someone who does weed than someone that has taken anti-depressants or anti-psychotics or any other modern drug or hard drug. At least weed has been around forever and has been used historically for medicinal and religious purposes by many non-western cultures.
There are so many hypocrites on this site - are you one?
 BigTexCookin
Msg: 499
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 4/20/2008 6:21:41 PM
It's amazing that those who are pot users themselves actually have the audacity to call people who prefer NOT to have substance abusers in their lives "close minded" and of course we are not intelligent because we do not support drug use. lol
 looking in west michigan
Msg: 500
Wake up.
Posted: 10/1/2008 7:11:47 PM
HOW DANGEROUS IS MARIJUANA COMPARED WITH OTHER SUBSTANCES?

Number of American deaths per year that result directly or primarily from the following selected causes nationwide, according to World Almanacs, Life Insurance Actuarial (death) Rates, and the last 20 years of U.S. Surgeon Generals' reports.
TOBACCO 340,000 to 450,000
ALCOHOL (Not including 50% of all highway deaths and 65% of all murders) 150,000+
ASPIRIN (Including deliberate overdose) 180 to 1,000+
CAFFEINE (From stress, ulcers, and triggering irregular heartbeats, etc.) 1,000 to 10,000
"LEGAL" DRUG OVERDOSE (Deliberate or accidental) from legal, prescribed or patent medicines and/or mixing with alcohol - e.g. Valium/alcohol 14,000 to 27,000
ILLICIT DRUG OVERDOSE (Deliberate or accidental) from all illegal drugs. 3,800 to 5,200
MARIJUANA 0
(Marijuana users also have the same or lower incidence of murders and highway deaths and accidents than the general non-marijuana using population as a whole. Crancer Study, UCLA; U.S. Funded ($6 million), First & Second Jamaican Studies, 1968 to 1974; Costa Rican Studies, 1980 to 1982; et al. LOWEST TOXICITY 100% of the studies done at dozens of American universities and research facilities show pot toxicity does not exist. Medical history does not record anyone dying from an overdose of marijuana (UCLA, Harvard, Temple, etc.).
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 501
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/1/2008 9:38:31 PM
Pot is a drug, coke is a drug, prescription drugs used for a high or some purpose other than the actual prescription is a drug, drinking lysol is a drug.

I use this restriction because I don't want to be around people who use drugs or have addictions.

I also don't understand why people who do use drugs are so offended by the fact that there are people who find that unappealing. Instead of ranting and complaining, why don't you simply find someone who feels the way you do. I've had people find me unattractive because I'm very short, there are people who don't want to date someone who has children, I even had one man think there was something wrong with me because I'd never lived with a man--I don't sit and cry about the injustice of those preferences or try to change those people's minds, I just move on to the next person who may share my interests and be attracted to me. Everyone has preferences, so why dwell on the people who don't prefer you.

Nutt
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 504
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/1/2008 10:12:15 PM

Oh please ... just read the first page ... the question was answered... the Original Poster has left PoF .... there really is nothing more to say.

Start a new thread.

It's obviously a topic that many people still find interesting and harbour serious opinions on. Why should they not continue to discuss it? And you are not supposed to start new threads on existing discussions so they are obligated to continue the discussion in this thread.

If you're no longer interested in the topic, then don't return. It's your choice after all.

Nutt
 angelfromhell10
Msg: 507
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2008 10:43:54 AM

It should say "Must not do illegal drugs".

Drugs, as long as they are legal, are fine. This includes nicotine, caffine, alcohol, sleeping pills, diet pills, anti-depressents, drugs for "iritable leg syndrome" and "social anxiety disorder", etc, etc (its a LONG list).

I find the whole "Must not do drugs" thing amusing and sad. It points to the brainless hypocrisy that is promoted by the media, government, pharmaceuticals etc when it comes to drugs. Its perfectly ok to get your fix as long as a pharmaceutical is profiting by it.

I wonder how many of the people who will only date somebody who doesn't "do drugs" can't get up in the morning without their coffee, are feeding themselves or their children speed (dexedrine or Ritalin), drink alcohol on a regular basis, have a mini-pharmacy in their medicine cabinet stocked with drugs to counteract their unhealthy lifestyles, are on anti-depressants or mood altering chemicals, or are generally "treating" some ridiculous disorder created by a pharmaceutical company and supported and given a seal of legitimacy by greedy and corrupt politicians?

It makes me wonder how people can be so stupid.

I do not date people who do drugs. I couldn't care less if somebody smokes a bit of pot. I am more concerned about the true druggies. Those who cannot live without a regular intake of chemicals. I don't care if they are legal or not. And the fact that so many fools put so much emphasis on the legal/illegal distinction says a lot about their lack of critical thinking skills.

Well said NewtoNFLD! that is so true. I will admit that I smoke pot, I'll even admit that I smoke it on a regular basis, however, I pretty much refuse to take any pills (unless I absolutely have to) and I don't drink coffee. To wake up or get "that morning buzz" I go for a walk, to get rid of headaches or aches and pains throughout my body I smoke a joint and sit in a dark room for about 30 min and I'm good to go again. I was hospitalized with kidney stones and they were feeding me all sorts of drugs in there that affected me way worse than any amount of pot I've ever smoked in my life, I wasn't allowed to smoke a joint while I was in there for 10 days, but when I got home instead of taking the countless perscription pills they gave me I smoked a joint when the pain got bad and I was fine again. No need to put all those chemicals in my system when I can smoke something that is 100% natural (and before you all say that weed is full of chemicals, I get mine from a friend who grows it outside in his vegetable garden, he doesn't add anything to it, he waters it and when it's ready to pick he picks the buds off leaves them on a screen out in the sun and smokes it when it's dry, no chems added, grows like it would if it was any other natural plant).
So for those of you who say "must not do drugs" then you are fine with pill poppers as long as they don't smoke or snort it is that right?
 Vintage Bike Guy
Msg: 508
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2008 3:36:30 PM
Well kinda, if you need mind altering drugs to be involved with someone, EXACTLY WHAT DOSE THAT SAY ABOUT YOU???

Also, are you OK with a non-drug user going down for your crime ??? ya freek'n Twit!!!

This is a very simple request,

Dopers should only Date other Dopers, who can respect and enjoy their Mood Swings...

Non-Dopers do not wish to get hooked up with Dopers, as hard as this might be for some of you to understand, it is in your best intrest to stay far away from strate people.......
 jackster121
Msg: 509
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2008 4:51:03 PM
well my question would be who puts down that they use drugs?
 angelfromhell10
Msg: 510
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/7/2008 9:40:49 AM
I have plenty of friends who don't smoke pot, I've even dated a few people who don't, and it never affected our relationships. I don't smoke to excess, when other people have a beer to wind down from a day of work I have a joint, I would rather smoke a bit and feel relaxed then drink, get drunk, and feel sick.
And what do you mean by letting the "non-doper" go down for my crime? I don't sell it and I don't walk the streets smoking it, plus you don't get charged for having a joint, there's no crime there, at least not where I live.
The "dopers" as you call them that have mood swings and get others in trouble are the kind that are like that before smoking it. I don't smoke around non-smokers just like I don't smoke tobacco around non-smokers, unless they are in my house or they come up to me while I'm smoking it.
Just because some "pot heads" or "dopers" (whatever you want to call them) are inconsiderate pricks doesn't mean that everyone who smokes pot is. There are so many people out there that smoke it and you'd never know unless they told you.
 *~*Royal Majesty*~*
Msg: 511
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/7/2008 10:56:37 AM
Interesting Topic.

I would say that Drugs defined to me are the ones that are illegal.
"Must not do drugs" defined to my understanding includes those who use any sort of illegal drug.

If a person chooses to use whatever drug, that's thier choice.

However, I have chosen to NOT associate with those who use illegal drugs mainly due to legal actions/reprecusions/consequences.
 techgirl27
Msg: 512
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/15/2008 2:58:58 PM
"I'd jut like to ask as you see this in a lot of profiles '' Must not do drugs''.

what do people consider Drugs?? obviously someone with a daily heroin or coke habit is doing 'drugs'.

but what about people who smoke cannabis? do you consider cannabis a drug?

And if you use this contact restriction, why do you use it?"

------

I was looking for a thread on this, and without reading through 21 pages of banter, I just went back to the OP's post. I hope this is ok. Some think others are ignoring it.

No one said anything about legal drugs. Caffeine. Alcohol. Nicotine. Even things like aspirin. Does anyone think of possibilities that people abuse these too?

I don't smoke cannabis so I can't answer that one, but I look more at how responsible a person is, including their physical health. If their health or behavior is suffering from something they're doing, then that is pretty much a dealbreaker. You won't catch me doing cannabis, not because of "repercussions" or "legality" but because if I did want a vice, it wouldn't be that one because of the side effects.

To some extent, a few of these can actually help us, keep our weight down, and what not. Its back to the responsibility thing.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >