Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FreeWheelinFranklin
Msg: 494
Must not do drugs....?Page 19 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
Why would I date someone who doesn't do drugs?
Lots of substances affect your behavior and can be classified as a drug.
Coffee is a drug. Sugar is a drug. Chocolate is too. Just cause it is legal doesn't make it okay to become addicted to. If you abuse anything it is bad for you.
If you believe everything the government and media tell you then you deserve what you get. Go ahead and let them wash your brain of any self thought. This is supposed to be a free society but it appears that some people need to be reminded occasionally so that they don't try forcing their will upon others. To each their own. If you don't like drugs then you have every right not to have it in your life and visa versa. Just because there is nobody left to discriminate against in a politically correct manner it seems that there is a public witch hunt for anyone that smokes or drinks or uses drugs. History is destined to repeat itself. Where will it stop? When all drug users/smokers/boozers are gone what will they choose to ban next? The answer is your freedom. Smokers, drinkers and drug users have rights and are not less of a human and should therefore not be treated differently.
I would rather date someone who does weed than someone that has taken anti-depressants or anti-psychotics or any other modern drug or hard drug. At least weed has been around forever and has been used historically for medicinal and religious purposes by many non-western cultures.
There are so many hypocrites on this site - are you one?
 Icey43
Msg: 495
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 4/20/2008 12:18:00 PM
Caffeine is a drug!!!!!!!!

how many Caffeine addicts are there out there, that just cannot jump start their day without a cup of Java?????

Good lord people everything is bad for us if over used. When used in moderation it is an individual's right to do what they want.

When you think about it even sex is bad for us if over used..yes that's what I said.

It can cause a heart attack, kills in the form of HIV transmitted threw sexual intercourse.

I find it amusing how many ppl think it is perfectly ok to go home after work pop a couple of perscription pills(they must be ok, b/c they are doctor perscribed) yeah right!!!!! and have a couple of bevy's of the alcoholic variety and see nothing wrong with it.

Yet, if person smokes a little weed they are persecuted... HILLARIOUS!!!!

I have worked in Health Care for over two decades of my life and I can honestly tell you I have yet to see someone come threw Emerg high on MJ that has committed a crime/abused themselfs or another human bean....

I always told my kids anything created by man stay away from.... All chemicals are bad and that includes ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!
 Icey43
Msg: 496
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 4/20/2008 12:30:25 PM
wow, you need to read the original post!!!
Or are you so closed minded and self absorbed that you can not clearly see it is not about POT or POT heads as you like to refer to them as.

IT is about must not do drugs...

Clearly that would in my warped mind mean and include all drugs of any form....

Alcohol, Caffeine, Cigarettes, herion , Talwin, Fioronal, ect....

It saddens me that as a intelligent society we cannot see beyond what is rammed into our brains by government and propaganda, I can certainly see the true intelligence shinning threw these forums and thanks for that breath of fresh air that you are not swayed by the masses, and have the intelligence and fortitude to think for yourselfs..

The one person in particular who actually did the research kudos to you.
 Icey43
Msg: 497
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 4/20/2008 12:42:45 PM
Carrie, you must live in the US b/c that would never happen in Canada, I work in Health Care and your liscense cannot be revoked by association...

I am so glad I am not American...

I find nothing appealing about a country who cannot even take care of their own threw universal medical care for all regardless of finances/race/religion ect.

Happy Canuck.
 BigTexCookin
Msg: 499
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 4/20/2008 6:21:41 PM
It's amazing that those who are pot users themselves actually have the audacity to call people who prefer NOT to have substance abusers in their lives "close minded" and of course we are not intelligent because we do not support drug use. lol
 looking in west michigan
Msg: 500
Wake up.
Posted: 10/1/2008 7:11:47 PM
HOW DANGEROUS IS MARIJUANA COMPARED WITH OTHER SUBSTANCES?

Number of American deaths per year that result directly or primarily from the following selected causes nationwide, according to World Almanacs, Life Insurance Actuarial (death) Rates, and the last 20 years of U.S. Surgeon Generals' reports.
TOBACCO 340,000 to 450,000
ALCOHOL (Not including 50% of all highway deaths and 65% of all murders) 150,000+
ASPIRIN (Including deliberate overdose) 180 to 1,000+
CAFFEINE (From stress, ulcers, and triggering irregular heartbeats, etc.) 1,000 to 10,000
"LEGAL" DRUG OVERDOSE (Deliberate or accidental) from legal, prescribed or patent medicines and/or mixing with alcohol - e.g. Valium/alcohol 14,000 to 27,000
ILLICIT DRUG OVERDOSE (Deliberate or accidental) from all illegal drugs. 3,800 to 5,200
MARIJUANA 0
(Marijuana users also have the same or lower incidence of murders and highway deaths and accidents than the general non-marijuana using population as a whole. Crancer Study, UCLA; U.S. Funded ($6 million), First & Second Jamaican Studies, 1968 to 1974; Costa Rican Studies, 1980 to 1982; et al. LOWEST TOXICITY 100% of the studies done at dozens of American universities and research facilities show pot toxicity does not exist. Medical history does not record anyone dying from an overdose of marijuana (UCLA, Harvard, Temple, etc.).
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 501
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/1/2008 9:38:31 PM
Pot is a drug, coke is a drug, prescription drugs used for a high or some purpose other than the actual prescription is a drug, drinking lysol is a drug.

I use this restriction because I don't want to be around people who use drugs or have addictions.

I also don't understand why people who do use drugs are so offended by the fact that there are people who find that unappealing. Instead of ranting and complaining, why don't you simply find someone who feels the way you do. I've had people find me unattractive because I'm very short, there are people who don't want to date someone who has children, I even had one man think there was something wrong with me because I'd never lived with a man--I don't sit and cry about the injustice of those preferences or try to change those people's minds, I just move on to the next person who may share my interests and be attracted to me. Everyone has preferences, so why dwell on the people who don't prefer you.

Nutt
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 504
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/1/2008 10:12:15 PM

Oh please ... just read the first page ... the question was answered... the Original Poster has left PoF .... there really is nothing more to say.

Start a new thread.

It's obviously a topic that many people still find interesting and harbour serious opinions on. Why should they not continue to discuss it? And you are not supposed to start new threads on existing discussions so they are obligated to continue the discussion in this thread.

If you're no longer interested in the topic, then don't return. It's your choice after all.

Nutt
 angelfromhell10
Msg: 507
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2008 10:43:54 AM

It should say "Must not do illegal drugs".

Drugs, as long as they are legal, are fine. This includes nicotine, caffine, alcohol, sleeping pills, diet pills, anti-depressents, drugs for "iritable leg syndrome" and "social anxiety disorder", etc, etc (its a LONG list).

I find the whole "Must not do drugs" thing amusing and sad. It points to the brainless hypocrisy that is promoted by the media, government, pharmaceuticals etc when it comes to drugs. Its perfectly ok to get your fix as long as a pharmaceutical is profiting by it.

I wonder how many of the people who will only date somebody who doesn't "do drugs" can't get up in the morning without their coffee, are feeding themselves or their children speed (dexedrine or Ritalin), drink alcohol on a regular basis, have a mini-pharmacy in their medicine cabinet stocked with drugs to counteract their unhealthy lifestyles, are on anti-depressants or mood altering chemicals, or are generally "treating" some ridiculous disorder created by a pharmaceutical company and supported and given a seal of legitimacy by greedy and corrupt politicians?

It makes me wonder how people can be so stupid.

I do not date people who do drugs. I couldn't care less if somebody smokes a bit of pot. I am more concerned about the true druggies. Those who cannot live without a regular intake of chemicals. I don't care if they are legal or not. And the fact that so many fools put so much emphasis on the legal/illegal distinction says a lot about their lack of critical thinking skills.

Well said NewtoNFLD! that is so true. I will admit that I smoke pot, I'll even admit that I smoke it on a regular basis, however, I pretty much refuse to take any pills (unless I absolutely have to) and I don't drink coffee. To wake up or get "that morning buzz" I go for a walk, to get rid of headaches or aches and pains throughout my body I smoke a joint and sit in a dark room for about 30 min and I'm good to go again. I was hospitalized with kidney stones and they were feeding me all sorts of drugs in there that affected me way worse than any amount of pot I've ever smoked in my life, I wasn't allowed to smoke a joint while I was in there for 10 days, but when I got home instead of taking the countless perscription pills they gave me I smoked a joint when the pain got bad and I was fine again. No need to put all those chemicals in my system when I can smoke something that is 100% natural (and before you all say that weed is full of chemicals, I get mine from a friend who grows it outside in his vegetable garden, he doesn't add anything to it, he waters it and when it's ready to pick he picks the buds off leaves them on a screen out in the sun and smokes it when it's dry, no chems added, grows like it would if it was any other natural plant).
So for those of you who say "must not do drugs" then you are fine with pill poppers as long as they don't smoke or snort it is that right?
 Vintage Bike Guy
Msg: 508
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2008 3:36:30 PM
Well kinda, if you need mind altering drugs to be involved with someone, EXACTLY WHAT DOSE THAT SAY ABOUT YOU???

Also, are you OK with a non-drug user going down for your crime ??? ya freek'n Twit!!!

This is a very simple request,

Dopers should only Date other Dopers, who can respect and enjoy their Mood Swings...

Non-Dopers do not wish to get hooked up with Dopers, as hard as this might be for some of you to understand, it is in your best intrest to stay far away from strate people.......
 jackster121
Msg: 509
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2008 4:51:03 PM
well my question would be who puts down that they use drugs?
 angelfromhell10
Msg: 510
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/7/2008 9:40:49 AM
I have plenty of friends who don't smoke pot, I've even dated a few people who don't, and it never affected our relationships. I don't smoke to excess, when other people have a beer to wind down from a day of work I have a joint, I would rather smoke a bit and feel relaxed then drink, get drunk, and feel sick.
And what do you mean by letting the "non-doper" go down for my crime? I don't sell it and I don't walk the streets smoking it, plus you don't get charged for having a joint, there's no crime there, at least not where I live.
The "dopers" as you call them that have mood swings and get others in trouble are the kind that are like that before smoking it. I don't smoke around non-smokers just like I don't smoke tobacco around non-smokers, unless they are in my house or they come up to me while I'm smoking it.
Just because some "pot heads" or "dopers" (whatever you want to call them) are inconsiderate pricks doesn't mean that everyone who smokes pot is. There are so many people out there that smoke it and you'd never know unless they told you.
 *~*Royal Majesty*~*
Msg: 511
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/7/2008 10:56:37 AM
Interesting Topic.

I would say that Drugs defined to me are the ones that are illegal.
"Must not do drugs" defined to my understanding includes those who use any sort of illegal drug.

If a person chooses to use whatever drug, that's thier choice.

However, I have chosen to NOT associate with those who use illegal drugs mainly due to legal actions/reprecusions/consequences.
 techgirl27
Msg: 512
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/15/2008 2:58:58 PM
"I'd jut like to ask as you see this in a lot of profiles '' Must not do drugs''.

what do people consider Drugs?? obviously someone with a daily heroin or coke habit is doing 'drugs'.

but what about people who smoke cannabis? do you consider cannabis a drug?

And if you use this contact restriction, why do you use it?"

------

I was looking for a thread on this, and without reading through 21 pages of banter, I just went back to the OP's post. I hope this is ok. Some think others are ignoring it.

No one said anything about legal drugs. Caffeine. Alcohol. Nicotine. Even things like aspirin. Does anyone think of possibilities that people abuse these too?

I don't smoke cannabis so I can't answer that one, but I look more at how responsible a person is, including their physical health. If their health or behavior is suffering from something they're doing, then that is pretty much a dealbreaker. You won't catch me doing cannabis, not because of "repercussions" or "legality" but because if I did want a vice, it wouldn't be that one because of the side effects.

To some extent, a few of these can actually help us, keep our weight down, and what not. Its back to the responsibility thing.
 Ferruginous
Msg: 513
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/15/2008 3:26:19 PM
^^^
I think it's generally accepted that the "drugs" question on profiles refers to illegal drugs. Not caffiene, nicotine, aspirin, etc.

Yes.
People can never-ending arguments in these forums about whether or not pot is dangerous, or evil, or as bad as crack, or better/worse than alcohol, etc. But, the simplest answer, regardless of anyone's person opinion is: since it's considered an illegal substance, it should be included among the drugs being refered to in that profile question.

And if you use this contact restriction, why do you use it?"
I don't bother to use the restriction.
But, based on other people I know on this site who have used that restriction, most people who use it do not want to be contacted by anyone who uses illegal substances, including pot. In fact, many of them specifically don't want to be contacted by the burnt-out pot-head who tries to justify his pot use by using the "but it's only pot" argument
 Ticketoride
Msg: 514
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/15/2008 4:44:20 PM

In what Sphere? A person under the suspected Influence of Marijuana can be sent in for Testing and be fired on the Spot if Traces are found. Who cares what some junked-out Druggie thinks about Pot Use? Many Companies now require Drug Testing as part of the Qualification for Employment.

And if that won't suffice, both the FDA & Health Canada classify Cannabis as both a restricted and illegal Substance. Why listen to some Dope who can't think straight anyways?
 JSlade58
Msg: 515
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/15/2008 5:37:46 PM

And if that won't suffice, both the FDA & Health Canada classify Cannabis as both a restricted and illegal Substance. Why listen to some Dope who can't think straight anyways?

The FDA considered Vioxx to be perfectly legal and safe. Then those dumb people went and died when they took it. They must not have known that the FDA said that crap was ok.
And just for fun and games...have a read.
http://www.naturalnews.com/009278.html
 Ununillium420
Msg: 516
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/15/2008 8:14:57 PM
Wow, the hypocrisy in this thread!!!

Definiton: Drug - A chemical substance that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction. Caffeine, nicotine, THC, chocolate, asprin, cough syrup, ethyl alcohol, and any other chemical substance.

-First off, if ANYONE has a "I don't do drugs" profile; they are down right lying or they don't under stand what drugs are. Get this, some people will list that they don't do drugs yet they drink occasionally or socially....WTF?

-Second, most people in this world only KNOW what they've been TAUGHT to know and as such, they are 'repeaters' and thus will tell you what other people have told them but will say it as if those ideas wear genuinely theirs.

-Third, I believe the "Must not do drugs" is too general. It should be "Must not do illegal drugs.

Perhaps in my profile I should now list the actual drugs I do so that my "Does drugs = occasionally" doesn't seem to infer that I snort cocaine, inject steroids, and pop extacy pills. I will now list in my profile the specific drugs I do.

As for the bad reputation that comes along with marijuana and people lack of understanding of it, or just hemp in general, this is just how it is now that we live in a world of people who do the things other people tell them to do and believe what other people tell them without actually doing any personal research for themselves; sad but true.
 Ferruginous
Msg: 517
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/15/2008 8:24:53 PM

First off, if ANYONE has a "I don't do drugs" profile; they are down right lying or they don't under stand what drugs are. Get this, some people will list that they don't do drugs yet they drink occasionally or socially....WTF?
There's already a seperate place to list whether or not you drink. duh?

Third, I believe the "Must not do drugs" is too general. It should be "Must not do illegal drugs
Most people, who haven't fried their brains, are capable of realising that it obviously refers to illegal drugs.
 Ununillium420
Msg: 518
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/15/2008 8:42:25 PM
"Most people, who haven't fried their brains, are capable of realising that it obviously refers to illegal drugs." -Ferruginous

Ferruginous, by opening your mouth, you have shown me and others that think for themselves that, among your inability to spell the word "realizing", you have no genuinely constructive answers to add to the topic. Thus you are left to attack the character of people whose views are different from yours. I hope you REALISE that.
 southernlass
Msg: 519
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/15/2008 8:51:16 PM
I'm not interested in dating anyone who uses illegal drugs. I also don't care to date a drinker unless he is truly a "social drinker." I'm not sure why someone would lie about this, in order to get around the profile mail preferences. Wouldn't one find out about the drug usage once they got to know said individual? Then they would have to dump the person and the whole dating thing would have been a waste of time for both parties.

Perhaps those who use drugs or drink heavily think they would convince the drug-free person over time. That won't happen, as far as I'm concerned. I'm uinterested in becoming involved with one who "needs" drugs, unless they are the kind one's doctor determines are necessary.
 southernlass
Msg: 521
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/16/2008 4:18:36 AM
I don't care if the drugs are legal or not. I don't want to be involved with anyone who uses mind altering substances, including alcohol unless it's truly only the occasional, social drink. I don't like smoking cigarettes since I quit smoking a few years ago so obviously, smoking isn't something that turns me on in a future dating partner. Smoking really reeks when you've quit. It's a definite turn off.
 Jaxi_2008
Msg: 522
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/16/2008 6:36:33 AM
I wouldn't want to date anyone that felt they must use a substance to change/enhance the way they think and/or feel.

That includes pot smokers.

Not interested.

I don't do it, so why should it be OK for a potential partner to do it?
 AddHomonym
Msg: 523
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/1/2012 8:24:01 AM
I get the impression some of you have never heard of the medicinal benefits of marijuana.

It not only happens to be prescribed by doctors all over Canada but it is an excellent alternative to opiate use, especially for long-term pain management.

This thread is of particular interest to me since I've noticed some intriguing women with enough common interests to guarantee a good discussion over coffee but for those four words in the Subject line. (Must not do drugs)

Being lumped in with heroin addicts is ridiculous.

My initial thought was to point out that some women are missing out on amazing opportunities because they hadn't considered that legitimate use of drugs would be lumped in with everything else.

Then I read some of the comments in here. You do realize that unless you live in a cave somewhere and eat moss, chances are very high that you use "drugs" all day, every day? Our entire society lives by the idiom, "better living through chemistry"

Some of the comments in here sound like Scientology sermons.

Maybe it's a good thing I get lumped in with everyone else after all?
 dsljim
Msg: 525
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 1/1/2012 10:23:23 AM
(I wouldn't want to date anyone that felt they must use a substance to change/enhance the way they think and/or feel )
What were you thinking and or feeling when you became addicted to cigarettes, alcohol, makeup, and hair coloring chemicals?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >