Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 serendipiteee
Msg: 460
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?Page 19 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
Cannabis is a psychoactive drug, no?
I use "must not do drugs" as a contact restriction because I prefer to hang with people who don't do drugs, pretty simple in the scheme of things.
I suspect there are plenty of people who wouldn't mind meeting someone who does drugs of any kind, much less cannibis. I think it's relatively innocuous but am not interested in anyone with a dependency on it nonetheless.
BTW, in 'dipitee parlance, doing=dependence, just one woman's opinion.
 rivereye
Msg: 461
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/1/2008 2:58:30 AM
back and forth,back and forth- is this a drug is that a drug is this a drug is that a drug- how about the economic damage a drug addiction causes?
families with children evicted from their homes because parents are using drugs, some children not eating properly because mom or dad snorted the food money?nobody wants a cash-desperate addict for a partner-i've lived the nightmare of roommates ripping off everything that isn't nailed down for a high-dealers are violent people, and drug culture is a negative dead end-anybody who's using has two choices-grow up and get over it or die. I got over it after high school, and wound up burying some of my friends(who also all thought they were soooo slick,btw) who didn't quit. I wouldn't bring drugs into a relationship, and i expect any SO of mine to show the same courtesy-yes it sounds selfish, but i'm not worried about the effect of drugs on my SO, i'm worried about the effect that addiction is going to have on ME...
 wannashakeyourtree
Msg: 462
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/2/2008 12:55:00 PM
is anyone else curious why after so many pages on the relationship page, this got shoved out into the boonies?
 hdhighway
Msg: 463
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/3/2008 12:54:40 AM
Because very stupid people do not realize that a drug is a drug. They try to throw legal and illeagal into the mix to excuse their own drug use and are in a state of denial or stupidity whatever - you choose.
 Honest Ernie
Msg: 464
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/3/2008 6:37:11 PM
It's kind of a self serving question with the potential to stir up a lot of controversy. Others have already stated very sensibly and rationally, if you have a problem with someone who states "must not do drugs", go find someone who does not have that restriction. It should be quite simple, why seek arguments.
 iamjumbo
Msg: 465
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/4/2008 10:41:37 AM

Kids join gangs and become violent adults because they come to believe about themselves what you believe about them. The gangs offer an alternative to them that you don't. If you want them to join the larger gang--the one that abides by the law of the land--then you might just want to consider inviting them.

not to mention the fact that it is abject stupidity
 iamjumbo
Msg: 466
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/4/2008 10:47:41 AM
the question is there because most people prefer to not be around criminals, and drug users are criminals. whether or not something should be legal has no relevance whatsoever. the ONLY relevant thing is that grass is illegal, and everyone who smokes it is a criminal, by definition.
nothing else matters
 cktoronto
Msg: 467
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/4/2008 12:29:19 PM
I am jumbo... what are you smoking?

'Grass' may be illegal where you are, but it isnt in much of the world.

The only thing 'criminal' here is your lack of common sense, and even that word is relative. Most people consider it criminal to invade a soveign nation without just cause or authority, does that make you a criminal?
 sk8forfun
Msg: 468
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:56:37 PM
ew yes! i do NOT wanna go out wit a druggie
 iamjumbo
Msg: 469
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/4/2008 2:54:16 PM

'Grass' may be illegal where you are, but it isnt in much of the world.

The only thing 'criminal' here is your lack of common sense, and even that word is relative. Most people consider it criminal to invade a soveign nation without just cause or authority, does that make you a criminal?

if it's totally legal where you live, then you're not a criminal when you're smoking grass. you're just demonstrating that you have a flawed character.
it IS illegal to invade a sovereign nation, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with the subject of drugs
currently, i'm not smoking anything. i never cared for grass when i WAS doing drugs
 amycarr
Msg: 470
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/4/2008 3:54:34 PM
i just wanted to put this out there,..... to the person who put i will lose my house ,boat ,car kids....In b.c. canada that is simply not true! social workers do not care abot pot that is the lest of there problems... and 50%-75% of cops do not care about pot....

On anouther note, what about mis using prescriptions ie... pain killers, sleeping pills antidepresents, laxitives... im more worried anout thoughs....not to mention people who drink every day but think there is not a problem because its legal...BS.BS.BS.BS.I think the supporters of MADD would not agree...or anyone else affected by it.
 Thorb
Msg: 471
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/4/2008 7:03:47 PM
you're all just spinning your wheels in this lame arguement.

people put all kinds of stupid demands in their profiles and lie and fantasize about who they are... so personally I take it all with a pound of salt to keep from slipping on the frozen bs.

we live in a drug culture ... even if the anti druggies think they don't.
they drug the food they eat and suck up all of industries waste constantly.
you Americans have filled your jails with people you are culturally prejudiced against mainly because of this stupid war on drug... then go home and pop some antihistomines [used to make speed] or your alchol [oh wow ... its legal ... only because of the war against prohibition that the cops finally gave up on fighting]
smoke you smokes ... drop a headache pill.... add some synthetic vitamines and phony sweetner to that coffee [related to coca ... cocane] eat chocolate ...[ same family again] ... then feel a bit sick and ask the doctor for some anti biotics.

drugs drugs drugs ..... keep lying to yourselves and preach to the brick walls .

Cheezyone
Msg: 472
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/4/2008 10:24:32 PM
How can a person smoke a plant, and that person is "doing drugs"? It is a plant, folks.

How can a person get charged with "manufacturing marijuana"? When all they did is grow it?

Do farmers "grow" tomatoes or do they "manufacture" tomatoes?

I don't do drugs at all. I do not have one bottle of anything in my house that has a pill in it, not even an aspirin. I don't smoke pot, I don't do "drugs".

I do however smoke tobacco and I drink, both are drugs but seperated from the "real drugs". Why? I have no idea!

I have seen and still see people everyday that are on "the pot" that are far better off than people who take "scripts".

How can one plant in it's natural form be a "drug" and another be a "cure" or "food"? I guess "Reefer Madness" was a hit.

Then you got the "other country" rule. Like, if you go to Mexico or Amsterdam it's ok to partake in the local ritual. HYPOCRITES!!!

I'd really like to know how many people on here have done a "drug" before and still yaps about finding someone who doesn't do "drugs". Do you all include all the people who take "scripts" when they don't need them? Or is that AOK because a Doc. prescribed that to them?

The real question is: Who does not do any kind of drugs?
 Natedawg5133
Msg: 473
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/5/2008 2:27:29 AM
Seaspot, Good writing!

All a drug is, is what the government could not put a sales tax on In my opinion, though I know that is not specifically true. We used cocaine before caffeine and Ecstacy as a marraige counseling pill. I mean our whole society is fudged in a way. Marijuana cures so much then it does harm and yet we smoke cigarettes. What does that benifit us, But lung cancer and stench? I mean our whole view on what a drug is and what isn't is so obscured that people don't even realize what they are trying to steer away from and what they socially use because its legal.

I mean shit life is just hilarious sometimes.

kittenshere
Msg: 474
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/5/2008 3:37:58 AM
wow this convo on drugs has really gotten out of hand. pot IS a drug. whoever feels different is... well ...lacking a brain cell or two...maybe they smoked one joint too many. after all killing off the brain cells is what it does. as for hdhighway man illegal drug was threw in it becuase when somseone says "must not do drugs" ...well ILLEGAL drugs is what they are speaking of.......duh to you.
 Still Of The Night
Msg: 475
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/5/2008 5:28:33 AM
Last time I checked, pot was a drug, not a strong one but is a drug just the same.

Guess I know now why I am single haha. As for the blocks, I actually wish more people would use them blocks, I have no interest in anyone who is anti drug.

The Night <<
 pappy009
Msg: 476
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/5/2008 6:02:41 AM
Quite and interesting thread, especially when pot is involved. I am sure many of us are aware that pot is somewhat of a drug that was used in herbal remedies to help people sleep, increase appetite and so on. In the simplest ways. So I had to look it up, I needed the information and here is some of what I have read and discovered.

If chronic use occurs, there is a build up of THC in the brain, its actually harmless to the tissue but does cause short term memory loss that is not permanent. After quiting smoking the brain is returned to normal. Thats it, there is no other harmful effects of pot.

Now some of the things that I discovered if memory serves well here, its been a while since I studied it.
When you light up a joint you inhale, this opens up all the air sacs in the lungs, it allows the liquids collected in the air sacs to flow upward and you tend to spit it out in a hanki or the street. That substance is toxic to the lungs and if you smoke cigarettes its actually helpful at cleaning out the effects of smoking.

Once you inhale, your lungs fill up with this fatty acid call omega 3-6-9 because pot seeds are gruel, or porridge people ate in the old days, daily. The lack of Omega fats has been linked to ADD ADHD. Hemp or Pot has more natural nutrition when eaten than any of the cereals made today.

Pot stop Glaucoma cataracts by opening up the blood cells of the eyes so that the blood can remove dead cells.

Pot lowers blood pressure by opening up the blood vessels of the body including the little ones and it seem by doing this your body tingles as the blood reaches each cell caring enzyenes to replenish the cell and remove dead cells.

Pot shrinks tumors in the brain. The main reason why pharmaceuticals companies are experimenting with pot is its ability to lesson the advance of brain traumas.

Removes cholestrol.

Lowers blood pressure.

Relaxes without the use of Valium which is far worst than pot.

It was made illegal in 1931 the same yr. that the petro chemical companies urged our representatives to ban its use. The reason, Hemp, Hemp supplies over 25,000 products in direct competition to the oil industry. The first Diesel motor in Germany ran on Hemp oil. Hemp can be grown on a rock, taller than a person and can supply us with enough food (porridge), oils for painting, fabrics that last longer than cotton, no pesticides are needed and cotton uses more pesticides than pretty well any crop etc, etc,etc.

Read Sugar Blues by William Duffy, Sugar is biggest killer to mankind. Why not avoid people who eat sugar.

Just because its illegal does not mean its wrong. To be charged for this, is a victimless crime.Thats wrong. We all have our preferences for sure, but all my friends smoke pot, all get up in the morning and go to work, all of them raised there kids, all of them paid there mortgages and all of them are pretty normal and somewhat very intelligent. Simply because they see the other side to things.

Fluoride in water is a known carcenigetic. Does not help in preventing dental decay but help destroy the ability to transfer Calcium into bone matter. And the tube is full of commercials to help bones with more chemicals.

Aspartame changes into a carcenigetic once it hits 96 degrees whats your body temperature. When the first Dessert Storm occured boxes and boxes of diet pop was left out in the heat. You do the math on the Gulf War Syndrome cases.

Vaccinations are now preserved with Methymercury, it effects the brain in neuronets, memory loss (Alzheimer's) MS, MD, Fibramoyomia, and so on.

Booze kills brain cells.

There all legal, and I refuse to go out with anyone who eats processed cerials, gets vaccinations and uses Aspartame, I don't need the long term ill effects of those drugs either.

I don't support pot usage as I don't support booze either, but to each there own.
 kittenshere
Msg: 477
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/5/2008 11:22:17 AM
just becuase its illegal does not make it wrong???? yes it does.
 Ltkerk5
Msg: 478
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/5/2008 5:51:46 PM
boy you would fit right into nazi germany with that nonsense.

So i guess if something is legal that makes it morally right. Start the waterboarding!!!!
 Still Of The Night
Msg: 479
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/9/2008 12:24:03 PM
People really are stuck to the letter of the law hey.

In ww1, Canada made it legal to gather up anyone of orient decent and cram them all into concentration camps!

Tell me, was that right???

Is it right to be allowed to go to the bar every night and drink yourself stupid, come home then and make life hell for your family???

Is it right that in Canada, gay males are NOT allowed to become organ doners???

These are only a very few examples! There are MANY MANY more (trust me on this one).

I suggest to anyone who judges right and wrong by the letter of the law to seriously reconsider that shallow, self serving attitude and look at things for what they really are (unless of course you are for things like waterboarding)(damn good reference there Itkirk5).

The Night
 wannashakeyourtree
Msg: 480
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/9/2008 6:37:15 PM
I wonder how many women would start smoking pot if cosmo told them it would make them thin???

How many men would smoke pot if it added valuable inches to their manhood???

How many would listen to the propaganda then???
 oddandy
Msg: 481
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/10/2008 8:39:21 AM

here is the scoop ... they all affect the healthy relationships your hormones have to your brain..... this is not myth but scientific fact and when someone wants to screw with their brain secretion of hormones they age faster, have drastic changes in moods and anxiety and panic attacks, insulin levels get disrupted hence weight fluctuation and most importantly sex drives deminish due to disturbances of hormones.

A lot of cognitive dissonance on this subject. People wouldn't think twice about dating someone who drinks a lot of caffeinated beverages, and caffeine (especially in large doses over a long period of time) can have the same negative effects on mood and physical health as marijuana.

As for the "but it's illegal!" viewpoint, I wonder how many of these folks are aware that most US states still have laws on the books prohibiting oral sex, for just 1 example.
 forum101
Msg: 482
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/11/2008 4:36:45 AM
NoseyNeighbor said:
{{{Insulin lispro is a drug. Approved by the FDA in June, 1996,
Insulin aspart is a drug, and,
Insulin glargine is a drug.}}}

You cannot compare pot to a life saving medication. what a piece of crap.
Potheads want to smoke it, therefore would argue come hell or high water about it. I dont want anyone who smokes it or does any illegal drugs around me. You are a safety hazard to be around. It speaks volumes about a person who continues to do something even though it is illegal, then tries to ram their rationale down someone else's throat.

and a quick note to Imagine_If:
What a concept. a 19 year old single full-time mother, no job, drug user, looking for a man, You can spell clueless, but do you actually know what it means? i sure hope you keep that crap away from your baby.
 oddandy
Msg: 483
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/11/2008 3:32:15 PM

It speaks volumes about a person who continues to do something even though it is illegal, then tries to ram their rationale down someone else's throat.

So in countries where it is illegal to speak negatively of an oppressive government, what volumes are spoken about those who dare to speak out anyway and encourage others to do the same?

I think it speaks volumes when someone makes value judgements based merely on what happens to be legal or illegal at any given time.
 wannashakeyourtree
Msg: 484
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 3/11/2008 4:21:31 PM
I hear potheads eat babies and that late at night they fly around on scooters looking for old ladies to rob to support their terrible affliction.

Run for your lives.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >