Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Must not do drugs....?      Home login  
 Luv Karla
Msg: 26
Must not do drugs....?Page 2 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
Yes,pot is considered a drug.If someone says they are not looking to meet a drug user,then respect their wishes and move on.
Msg: 27
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 8:59:40 AM
Post 23...I will say this: I recently have applied to work with the RCMP as a dispatcher...if I associate with people who do drugs, including pot, I very likely will NOT get the job. They do background checks, including on your family and closest friends. I don't want to miss out on a great job opportunity because of someone else's choice to use.
I have worked with a LOT of people who do drugs and it sucks having to pick up their slack because they're too high or hung over to do their job.
Msg: 28
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 9:48:54 AM

If you wash dishes or flip burgers at your local greasy spoon or you just sit on your ass mooching off people and society, you got nothing to lose. But some of us do. There is nothing wrong with those jobs. I am just making a point that people in certain occupations never face any consequences for having a trace of drugs in system.

Actually, those people have as much to lose as anyone working to support theirselves and their family...

And more low paying jobs drug test than the higher paying jobs...
Msg: 29
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 9:53:07 AM

Opium and cocaine come from plants too. "Natural" doesn't always mean "good for you."

as do alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine, none of which are exactly "good" for you, especially when used in large quantities..
Msg: 30
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 10:10:15 AM
If there was a filter to block people addicted to eating Fast Food and copious amounts of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream without regard for the effects on their health, I would use that, too! Even though those activities are not illegal. Actually - too bad you can't block addicts in general: gambling, shopping, sugar, TV, forums (oops) ...
Msg: 31
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 10:19:04 AM
Latia, I don't do any drugs, that not only includes pot, but all the other legal drugs that I have mentioned. No doubt if I lived somewhere where my property could be confiscated for having a little bit of pot I wouldn't want a pot smoker around. But thank god I don't, nor would I.

You seem to have missed the point of my post completely. I had no intention of defending pot smokers or anybody who is dependent upon any drug. I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy/stupidity of our popular view of "drugs". Its not like I am saying anything new either. I'm not sure why you didn't understand my point. Maybe something is wrong with you? Maybe you go to your doctor get prescribed some drugs - they are sure to help.
Msg: 32
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 10:25:23 AM
^^^^Quite right ... I do not "get you."
Msg 33: I don't do any drugs, that not only includes pot, but all the other legal drugs
Why does your profile have Prefer Not To Say in response to the Do you do drugs? query? Either 1) You do not understand the question, 2) Your response is coy or untruthful, 3) You are not sure if you do drugs or not because you rationalize your drug use.

Guess you need some help in understanding things yourself, but since your solution seems to be that taking drugs "are sure to help," I simply can't relate. Apparently, I do not share your personal experience with that approach.

From Msg 14: I do not date people who do drugs. I couldn't care less if somebody smokes a bit of pot.
OK. I get it – in your estimation, pot is not a drug.
From Msg 33: I had no intention of defending pot smokers or anybody who is dependent upon any drug.
Huh? So which is it? Waiter, can I get a side order of consistency to go, here, please?
Msg: 33
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 11:22:29 AM
No i would not date someone who smokes pot... a little bit or alot. I've seen many people start out smoking a little bit and then end up going hard. I don't want that culture around my kids or myself so i would have to say move on.

Also, with the debate over perscription versus illegal....there is no comparision. Some people need perscription drugs to regulate brain function, help with infection or disease..... i think u get my point.
 four wide
Msg: 34
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 11:24:51 AM
Ahh, Here we are with the thin line of judgemental distinction. Again!!!!
Is there really any difference between the pot smoker and the two pot a day coffee consumer, or the pack a day cig. smoker. Yes folks caffine and nicotine are drugs, and for all you who need a couple of****ails to unwind after a long days work or to help you through an uncomfortable situation. Here is a news flash for you "DRUG". Anything consumed that is mood or mind altering is a drug. I gusse which side of the legal or not line is what most are refering to. No, let's not have a hoot and relax, instead let's knock off a couple bottle of Red and go for a drive. I don't know, is one any better or worst then the other? I'm not sure of the last time I heard of someone having a hoot and getting in a car and killing someone. When people refer to "no drug use" is it only the illegal ones they are refering to. To save you from asking the answer is no, I don't drink or do drugs. Have tried them both and found neither to be of any benifit to me personally.
Msg: 35
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 12:39:03 PM

do you consider cannabis a drug?

That's kind of a stupid question. I don't know of anyone who says it isn't. Even the chronic users that I know, know it's a drug.
I'd avoid someone that had to take anti-depressants than someone that smoked pot. I've met a number of people at our many local POF events that I know are on anti-depressants and they are f*cked up if you ask me and some of my other fellow POFers.
But we all know that the people that take these prescribed drugs do not consider them drugs in the sense that they will say Yes to Do you do drugs? yet they will criticize pot smokers! Very hypocritical if you ask me.
I do partake of cannabis. I have No in my Do you drugs ? based on the perception people have of a Yes. I do however mention it in my profile. Cannabis never lead me to any other stronger drug. I've never done acid, coke, heroine, or any other illegal drug.
And hey, it's just a mailing restriction. I've been contacted by many people that have Must not do drugs or Must not smoke in their restrictions. The restriction just allows them to decide if they want to converse with someone that partakes.
Msg: 36
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 12:53:19 PM
Believe me! I've seen enough damage caused by cocaine, crack, and heroin. As I've stated in another post on another thread, my brother's IQ was at the top of the scale. However, he chose to destroy his life with drugs. He started with grass at age 11 and did not ever really stop doing blow and heroin and grass and nicotine and caffeine til the day he died.

Then again, I had a good friend who had cancer. Between his chemo and radiation treatments, he was always nauseus and couldn't eat. The only thing that kept him from constantly being sick was a little grass.
So, I do believe that marijuana has its medicinal uses and should be considered a controlled substance that could be subscribed by doctors.

When I indicate that "must not do drugs", I do that because I have seen too many people destroy themselves with blow, heroin, crack, PCP, etc. -- including my brother.
Msg: 37
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 2:12:35 PM

Cannabis is a drug. You use it. You are a druggie. You are weak. You have no self control.

What a judgmental thing to say!!!! Any one who says they are not a hypocrite is lying. We all have our own little hyprocrisies. We all have done something illegal in our lives. Speeding, drinking and driving, etc. I have never smoked anything myself. I have the restriction for a couple of reasons, mainly because I don't wish to be put in a position to be jailed. I have had an open mind on the subject of cannibis, yes it is a drug. Should it be legalized? Probably. I certainly don't want to get going on the legal system. I find I simply don't relate and as long as I have something to lose...why put myself in a position to lose it? I might need that burger flipping job that drug tests.
 mr. dynomite
Msg: 38
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 2:24:17 PM
I don't do any drugs... i also perfer that if im dating someone, they are not into them as well. Most times i see 'drugs' in a profile as either meaning weed or pills (extasy) I don't know many people who will openly admit to someone else that they do coke or heroine. Especially in my city. I'm sure they openly admit to it in bigger cities though.

No drugs = a preference. Doesn't mean i won't say high to a pothead in the street that i've known for years. It just means a long term with one isn't on the 'to do' list.

Coke? i won't even tell them where i live!!! Same with crack or anything else to that level.
Msg: 39
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 2:29:23 PM
Beachdancer: You are right, but I think a lot of people are tired of "pro-drug" people complaining in forums about people not wanting to date them BECAUSE of the drugs. I shouldn't HAVE to date a guy who smokes pot out of guilt.
We all have our own choices.
If any one of us says that we've never done ANYTHING that can be considered wrong, well, we'd be liars. But the fact is, many people don't want to associate with people who do drugs and many of us have seen, firsthand, what some drug users can be like and what some will do to access more drugs. Yes, this is the very negative end of the spectrum, but it's the truth, sometimes.
 J-me Baby
Msg: 40
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 2:30:06 PM
I don't do drugs either and I too, do not want to date somebody who does...even if it is just pot. I just don't want to be on a date or expect a relationship with somebody who is zoned out, sketched out, or just plain flaked out! But that's my choice and one I won't change for anybody!
Msg: 41
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 2:43:03 PM
I consider the "Must not use drugs" in question to be the use of any controlled substance that is considered by OUR government to be illegal. Yes, cannabis is a drug that fits easily into this category.

I use this contact restriction because I have no interest in associating with people that choose to willfully break the law. This is especially true when that association could jeopardize my property, job and family associations.

Family associations...
The only time I can remember my ex wife really angry with me was when I refused to let her sister light up a joint at our kitchen table. My ex wouldn't smoke it but thought it was OK for someone else to do so. It was but one straw on the camels back but we were divorced within 6 months. So to carry this one step further, I don't want to associate with people that think it's OK for someone else to do it even if they don't do it.

For those of you that want to defend your position that smoking pot is OK. I could care less for the reasons you may have that it is OK. There is no legitimate reason for its use. If it is not addictive and it is illegal, then why do you continue to choose to use it?

And shame on you for trying to associate your drug addition with the medicinal qualities it MAY have for certain people with certain diseases. If it were not for the abuse of this illegal drug, then the miniscule number of people that could possibly benefit from it might actually be able to get it. Put another way, YOUR drug abuse is THE reason they cannot get it.
Msg: 42
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 2:48:16 PM
I ask specifically for 'no pot smokers'. I expect that someone I date won't do other drugs either. It's just a preference. There are lots of women who don't mind if the guy wants to smoke pot on every date, and he can go outh with them instead of me.
 mr. dynomite
Msg: 43
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 3:03:32 PM
I have to quote myself for a second :

Doesn't mean i won't say high to a pothead in the street that i've known for years. It just means a long term with one isn't on the 'to do' list.

'High' was supposed to be "hi".

Msg: 44
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 3:11:17 PM

I don't care if they are legal or not. And the fact that so many fools put so much emphasis on the legal/illegal distinction says a lot about their lack of critical thinking skills.

We have become a society that has developed all kinds of whimsical philosophies that it's OK to do something if YOU think it's OK and YOU think you can get away with it.

What’s acceptable?
Fibbing about your age on POF?
Cheating on your taxes?
Cheating on your spouse?
Murder even?

Where does one draw an absolute line on what is acceptable? Is there one single individual that is capable of drawing that line? No! And that’s why we, as a modern civilized society, have put laws in place to define what is acceptable and what is not.

When was the last time any of us obeyed the speed limit? Do you feel the need to slow down when you see the police come into view? If so then you KNEW you were breaking the law but you did it anyway. You thought speeding was OK and you thought you could get away with it. This is the same logic used by the typical drug user. Both activities are illegal. Both activities are dangerous to you and others around you. Both activities could result in civil or criminal penalties depending on the severity.
Msg: 45
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 3:30:07 PM
Yep, weed is a drug.

I block them because despite all my other bad habits, I can at least say I am drug free.

I grew up around drug users and dealers, I know what kind of people use it, and I know where it takes them.

While weed might not be as treacherous as the others, it has it's draw backs on people as well, the personality type that evolves from constant marijuana use is not the kind I am attracted to.

Anyway it goes, life is rough enough, I don't need that added twist in my life, not to mention if the person is to weak to face life without it, then they're to weak for me.
Msg: 46
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 4:54:17 PM
Nah the deal really has to do with brain longevity. There is nothing that your body does without your brain. If your brain is worth nothing to you why would I want to invest my emotional output in someone that abusive to their own machine. With so many toxins being ingested involuntarily on our planet 0n a daily basis we already have enough to intake and deal with molecularly. Life begins and ends on a cellular level so anyone that wants to alter that is investing in alot more damage than a casual buzz.
Hell in NewYork city people who drink tap water are being subjected to trace amounts of pharmeceuticals that are not filtered through supposed purification. Alot of scientists drink distilled and ozogenated water and privately concocted toxin purifiers because they know what good old H2O is worth in the free world .... We got people dropping dead of cancer like flies at much younger ages all the time and food filled with pesticides to look good and meat altered by hormone injections we have young girls entering puberty earlier all the time... these are signs that something is really amess at the circle K.
Anyone who wants to mess with what is already screwing with us involuntarily needs to get a sound background in science at the cellular level because it is pretty scary where we are going.....
another myth ......
There are alot more successful ways of dealing with glaucoma and pain tolerance than marijuana.... most people just don't want to take in any more information than they already have which is the pandemic of denial ......
Msg: 47
view profile
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 5:38:31 PM
Most people on this planet are on some type of drug. There is no escape. At one time or another in your lifetime you all did some type of drug and liked it until one day you just quit. Many people on this website smoke weed and yet they lie about it. I smoke weed and don't care if you don't like it. At least I'm being real. Who cares if it's illegal. That's the problem, It needs to be legalized. Potheads don't cause trouble, tweekers and drunks cause the most trouble. Where's the propaganda to fight meth, the biggest epidemic in this country. Leave weed alone
Msg: 48
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 7:51:35 PM
Ominius.... i find your statement interesting. The people that want pot legalized are generally the ones that smoke it, and believe there is nothing wrong with it.

" Potheads don't cause trouble, tweekers and drunks cause the most trouble. Where's the propaganda to fight meth, the biggest epidemic in this country. Leave weed alone"

First let start with your idealistic views about legalizing marijuana, and drunks being more of a problem than pot users. When alchohol was legalized it gave the government access to billions of dollars in otherwise unobtainable taxes to a popular form of a mind altering stimulant. The government decided to cash in on this and that does not mean that it is ok to use it an extreme. Same goes for legalizing marijuana. If it were ever to be legalized it would be for the same reason, but that does not mean that it is ok to use. I suppose it is then morally correct to legalize prostitution for a quick buck off woman who sell their bodies for sex. And in regards to another persons statement about when was the last time someone was in an accident from having a toke... it happens, but alchohol related incidents are far more common because there is a bar or liquor store on every corner, and yes that is a problem.

" Where's the propaganda to fight meth, the biggest epedemic in the world"
Second, i would like to add , and i am not sure if u live in the states or canada, but billions of dollars has been put into awareness on meth, and more needs too be put in place, but propaganda and education is everywhere.
Msg: 49
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 7:57:01 PM
when i mean i dotn want someone who does drugs i mean not drugs what so ever wich means pot too.
and the reason i dont want that is simply cause im anti drugs.i cant stand drugs and i cant stand to hang with people who does its that simple.
certainly aint gonna change that part of me.i respect people own choices but my choice has to be respected too wich means i dont want nothing to do with
Msg: 50
view profile
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/6/2007 9:22:09 PM
I list it because I don't want anyone using anything considered illegal contacting me. Just how I am.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Must not do drugs....?