Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KFGuy
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?Page 3 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
Hey Meface........

you say you are a public high school teacher. Girl! You cannot spell.

cannabis not canabis
licence not lisence

Additionally, your sentence structure is poor.............Oh hey, did you know that smoking pot will help with your spelling and grammar?
 KFGuy
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/18/2007 5:13:45 PM
Now I'm really embarassed, I just critiqued meface for grammar and spelling errors and find i committed the same sin in a previous post.......maybe if I do enough drugs I can erase it from my memory.....................lol
 weeping willow
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/19/2007 8:58:22 AM
i am both disappointed and enlightened from this conversation. yes pot is a drug but so is anything that alters your mental state, even chocolate! many NATURAL (not processed) drugs have positive effects on the body after all what would we ever do without our orange mold being discovered to be an antibotic. in the origional bible there was 13 referancs to pot including religous figures anointing themselves with oils from the plant. i wish i had the article handy. when i was 14 my family dr actually recommended that i smoke it for health reasons.
when my grandmother died the drs told me that thc is best in its natural form not perscribed. my grandfather an old jewish man who does not believe in even smoking or drinking gave me money to go but some to blow into my grandmothers face.
i would much rather date a pothead with a job, place of their own, etc... the date a guy on antidepressents.
 weeping willow
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/19/2007 11:42:01 AM
what if the person used it as part of their religion? up for a spirit walk anyone?
 FescheLola
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/19/2007 11:50:43 AM
Because I don't like burn outs.

That clarify things?
 cotter
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/19/2007 12:00:23 PM

do you consider cannabis a drug?
Yes

And if you use this contact restriction, why do you use it?
I do not use ''Must not do drugs'' as a contact restriction, but still do not want to be affiliated with people who even use cannabis recreationally.
 nebula22
Msg: 190
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/19/2007 12:03:03 PM
Do I look like a burn out to you.. What is your IQ? mine is over 120 on a bad day.
And that was when I wassn't even trying.. I used to smoke all the time and went back to get my ged.. I was stoned when I went through 4 grades in 4 weeks..
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.. Lemming
 FescheLola
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/19/2007 12:16:57 PM

Do I look like a burn out to you..

You _really_ want me to answer that?

Look slappy, it was a dumb question to begin with. Consider it a drug or not some people dont like it, just like some people dont like smoking, Some people dont like drinking.

Its legally considered a "drug" doesnt matter if it is isnt, who cares. Why not ask POA to add a "No Cannabis Users" if it being under the drug veil offends you so much.
 nebula22
Msg: 192
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/19/2007 12:51:40 PM
Lola,, I own my commercial place and it's paid for. Prime location too.. Worth over $250,000.00. I build my own cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, and automatic transmissions. I am a body man and professional painter, refinisher. I have built high speed off shore boats for a living and am known as a rigger. A rigger is the most important person who does all the technical stuff in building boats. I have traveled across the the ocean at over 100 miles an hour in boats we built. I smoked pot since I was 16. Got married when 18. Raised 4 wonderful children andwould still be married if my wife wouldn't have been a lier and cheat. She still wants me back and is still a lover of mine.
I have been on spirit walks while eating mushrooms too as I am a native pre-american.
What have you learned in your life time? How smart are you?
Please enlighten us with all your wisdom and supieror knowledge..
Come on now don't be shy or modest. Tell us all that you have learned.
 weeping willow
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/20/2007 6:34:48 AM
since restrictions have come up why can't i block people that drink. i have no urge to be around people tat get drunk even if it is on occasion. most people have lowered ambitions when drinking and act like fools. however if i did meet someone who drinks and controls themselves well on it i would bend. when smoking daily i have dated enviromental lawyers as well as cops which didn't smoke they just asked me not to around them and it was all good. you should be dating a person for their personality. discrediting all those who smoke is the acts of a person who is closed minded.

pot does not lead to other drugs. i know many people in their 50's that have never tried anything but pot. i also know people tht have never smoked but their drinking has lead to them using cocaine. yes there is a corolation between pot and other drugs but it is not the pot's fault that people with problems are the ones exposed to the media. u never hear the stories about the pot smoker who has never been arrested.
 KFGuy
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/20/2007 12:40:59 PM
Interesting forum, don't you think? one of the recurring themes appears to be the legality or morality of using certain substances. Many posters seem to equate obeying the law as a moral act - disobeying the law as immoral. I am a student of history and believe in a higher power. May I offer the following observations?

At one time in the U.S. of A consuming alcohol was illegal and punishable by incarceration, so, if my granny drank in the 20's should I block her calls 'cause she is immoral and degenerate?

For many years it was legal to own slaves, according to many in this forum, disagreement with this federal law would define one as immoral.

Other interesting prohibitions (both federal and state) were laws against oral sex (fellatio and cunnilingus), anal sex and inter-racial marriage. All these "criminal" acts were punishable by jail time. My understanding is that some states still hold on to some of these laws.?

During the seventies when the U.S. was involved in the Vietnam war young Americans were required by law to enlist in the military, refusal to do so was punishable by jail time. Thousands of young Americans who protested against these conscription laws would clearly be considered 'immoral' by many of the posters on this forum. You may recall one fairly famous dissenter, his name was Muhammed Ali, The government prohibited him from pursuing his career in boxing and pressed criminal charges. Does any one recall what he said? "......no Viet-cong ever called me a n****r", do any of you really believe that Mr. Ali is an immoral man because he defied conscription laws?

It is also my understanding that the current president of the U.S. has admitted to cocaine use, does that make him immoral? A degenerate?

While we are on the subject of immorality, if you are aware that, an individual uses an illegal substance are you immoral if you support them financially? Cases in point, many artists admit to marijuana use, some admit to using meth, cocaine, and a host of other prescription drugs. So, if I purchase a Britney Spears CD, download a song by 'Fiddy', buy my friend an Amy Winehouse concert ticket or purchase a Bob Marley album am I immoral?

As to the POF filters.......I just wish there was a way to block narrow minded bigots and those incapable of deductive reasoning.

yours truly

just a guy that smokes pot occaissionally and thinks all the time
 Sniper308
Msg: 220
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 7:58:09 AM

... what about people who smoke cannabis? do you consider cannabis a drug?

And if you use this contact restriction, why do you use it?

To answer these questions:

I don't want to be around anyone using drugs as a crutch to get through life. I use the restriction because anyone using drugs (to include smoking pot) has a behavior I loathe... to include someone who just "experimented with it in high school." I want nothing to do with such people.
 KFGuy
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 10:37:25 AM
Dear velobob,

re: your post, see excerpt below, you seem to be emotionally rather than intellectually involved in this thread.

"If you actually "smoke pot occasionally and think all the time", then use some of those brain cells to instruct us sheep why we are making a mistake."

At no time have I advocated the use of marijuana, and I have not posited that you are making a mistake by not smoking. And, I have no wish to convince any one as to how they should conduct their affairs or 'convince' you that non pot smoking is a mistake. My posts are intended to stimulate an INFORMED debate on the issue.

My comment re 'narrow minded bigots" referred to the issue of POF filters and the types of individuals I would like to block,........not to those who abstain or are opposed to THC use......as I said, you are emotionally involved.

I have very strong views on many issues, including alcohol use, racial harmony, children's welfare, the drug industry (whom I consider to be the real "pushers"), animal welfare, politics among others. However I find prosetylizing or otherwise preaching to be counter-productive. I understand that others have differing opinions and believe that constructive debate is healthy.

The issue of drug use is fascinating to me.......north america is drowning in a sea of drugs; anti-depressants and other mood altering drugs, pain killers, OTC medicines, steroids, ritalin, tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, HGH, viagara etc. We are bombarded with media messages that promote happiness thru pharmaceuticals yet our political machine has chosen to demonize a relatively benign drug.

Everyone who has an awareness of current events can see that young men worship the achievements of football players, track athletes, baseball players and the like. Now high school kids eat steroids like M & M's so they can be like their sport heroes.

The history of marijuana prohibition has it's roots in racism, political ambition and economic gain for the established 'ruling class' not empirical science.

It may be difficult for some people to understand that an opinion that differs from theirs is not necessarily 'wrong'........only different. That the recreational use of alcohol or pot does not make one 'bad', or that that abstinence may not make you 'good'.

I do not ask of anyone that they use pot........only that they use their brain,

Still thinking/still smoking (once in a while)
 nebula22
Msg: 226
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 4:26:31 PM
Thank you velobob and everyone else for this very lively debate.
I would like to say that the people that i find most distasteful are the hippocrits and bigots.
Having a open mind is a sign of inteligence. We must all strive to keep our minds open so as to be able to make an informed decision.
The world is full of Kings and Queens that will blind your eyes and steal your dreams.
BUT ONLY IF YOU LET THEM..

IT'S HEAVEN AND HELL...
 Djonna
Msg: 227
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 4:56:59 PM
ok.... I just learned what cannabis is? lol.... Never heard of it called that.
 Djonna
Msg: 228
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 5:00:38 PM
I think one of the most important things that we lack as people is the ability to respect others opinions on subjects of debate. We all have our own opinions and for whatever reasons we choose to have those opinions, but we should look at some of the posts in forums as a debatable topic and not that of someone forcing any certain subject on another. Forums are for discussion and I think we need to be doing just that and not criticizing others for their own beliefs and/or opinions. I see a lot of bashing in forums which it totally unnecessary. Society lacks something called respect and human decency.
 KFGuy
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 11:26:12 PM
Hi velobob,

thanks for your response, if I am ever in Alabama we should get together for a bike ride,

yours in health

M
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 232
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/22/2007 11:58:08 AM
no deaths from smoking pot so that leaves us with a bunch of fried brained idiots!
 nebula22
Msg: 233
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/22/2007 12:38:13 PM
migivadamssbusted,,, Why do you and other self important bigots and hipocrits feel that your opinions are so important to people that are trying to have an inteligent debate?
Your narrow minded attitudes remind me of the people that rebuked columbus for saying the world is round.
Why don't you try reading all about the complete history of hemp instead?
There is a book that was written by Jack Herror about this subject.
The emporor wears no clothes, is the title.....
I do not condone druggies.. But i do like a realistic factual debate.
You give the impresion that you are so closed minded that you are not willing to even learn anything because of youe pre-concieved notions.
 RidingRich
Msg: 235
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/22/2007 1:57:15 PM
I'm still thinking on taking bets on which profile the OP wanted to email but had a 'must not do drugs' restriction on it.

so.. only looked back 3-4 pages and haven't seen much in the way if intelligent debate from the local potheads and burnouts. have they come up with anything but dogma and derision yet?
 averageblonde222
Msg: 237
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/22/2007 2:38:00 PM
I wouldn't date any man that smokes weed just like I wouldn't date a man that smokes cigarettes. It smells and I don't like getting second hand smoke.
 nebula22
Msg: 241
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/23/2007 7:05:03 AM
averageblonde222,,,,,, Smoking anything is bad for you... BUT,, marijuana is best consumed by making tea or using it as an ingredient in food, Like brownies...
The reason it is usaly smoked has to do with the prohibition driving the price sky high..
If a person was in a free country and could grow their own , then smoking it would diminish...
Also there is no lethal dose.. You don't die from using this plant..
If the government was to stay out of peoples lives and legalize freedom, many things would change for the better..
Anything can be abused and many things are abused.. The power of government is abused more than anything on earth..
 weeping willow
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/23/2007 1:40:15 PM
for those still stuck of the issue of smoke use a vaporizer. es it is an investiment but much healthier for your body.
 jelydonut
Msg: 249
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/23/2007 2:24:51 PM
I wonder.. for how many people quote the "it's illegal".. if it was legalized.. how many of them would end up pot heads?
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 252
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/23/2007 4:14:02 PM
And don't forget it leaves you male pot heads with a LIMP PENIS!!! Sooooooooo smoke away boyssssssssssssss.....
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >