Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MY OH MY
Msg: 207
Must not do drugs....?Page 9 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
chemistryNkisses those are just the voices in your head...you forgot to take your haldol...lol...
Read the Happy Hooker. Women who don't do drugs don't have problems with any numbing of any of their senses, thus they are better partners.
 whistful
Msg: 208
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/20/2007 5:14:48 PM

I heard all that all people who don't smoke pot are uptight and closed minded.

I heard that all uptight, close minded people are lousy in bed.

Therefore, all people who don't smoke pot must be lousy in bed.

I hope you are being sarcastic.... There is more to not using than what you suggest.

There's no way I could do Canabas or be with someone while they are using. I work for the Railroad and they have this little rule. You use and get caught, you're gone. Plain and simple and to prove they're serious, they do random testing....with no warning.

So go ahead and use all you want just don't blow your smoke my way, second hand will show up just the same as if I had used.
 velobob
Msg: 209
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/20/2007 9:42:08 PM
Having thrown down the challenge, it does not appear I will have any takers. I am still open to admitting I am wrong. On the flip side of the issue it seems the pot smokers are the ones that are narrow minded and unwilling to admit they might be in error. So far only a few half hearted responses that are mostly just more derogatory comments.

I just wish there was a way to block narrow minded bigots and those incapable of deductive reasoning.

If you actually "smoke pot occasionally and think all the time", then use some of those brain cells to instruct us sheep why we are making a mistake.

Again, "I feel I have a moral obligation to follow the laws of man unless they conflict with the laws of God."
(The discussion of moral obligation and illegal activities may be straying too far off topic. Maybe a new thread would be in order or is one already in existence?)

KFguy:
We now know that the laws that either allowed or promoted some of the things you mentioned were wrong (immoral). It may be that in another 50 years we may be further enlightened and admit the current laws regarding drugs are just as immoral. That concept seems as foreign to me now as abolishment of slavery probably seemed to my ancestors. Yet I cannot understand how they ever even started the abhorrent practice to begin with.

What does IQ have to do with the issue of "must not do drugs"? I'm still trying to make the connection. My IQ tests relitively high too and if anything I see it as an impediment to understanding issues like the one at hand. For the life of me I cannot see the logic in wanting to smoke pot. Maybe if I took a hit and killed off a few brain cells the light would come on. (Just kidding!)

After reading the posts from the pro cannabis camp, I am more firmly convinced I need to leave the "must not do drugs" filter turned on. You folks are your own worst enemy.
 a1na2
Msg: 210
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/20/2007 9:46:29 PM
I just can't get into someone chronic, someone who has to manipulate their energy first thing in the morning every day to get to where they feel they can face another day.......of course, I'm talking about coffee drinkers !

chr300
Msg: 211
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/20/2007 10:08:53 PM
What about Medi pot, Not all people that smoke weed are lowlife dead beats, I smoke for Medicinal purposes legally and i own My own Buisness that is Extremeley successful.

Cant judge everyone by the drugs they smoke, and well i wont drink alcohol is poison
 junglejeff88
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/20/2007 10:49:55 PM
Don't know if this really ties into this thread but I thought it was relevent ...

Many years ago, I was involved in a car accident and sustained a closed head injury and severe cervical whiplash ... on the third day after the wreck, one of my eyes didn't look right and I had a headache so I went to the doctor ... he pretty much IMMEDIATELY broke out his perscription pad and began to write me a scrip ... guess he didn't see the need in scheduling an MRI or Cat scan ... just wanted to push the pills ... anyway, the next three doctors pretty much followed the same directive despite my telling them that I felt that I needed a scan and didn't want to take the drugs unless other avenues had been explored ... long story short, the insurance company refused to pay for most of my treatments because I wasn't following "prescribed procedure" by taking the pills ... my not taking the drugs worked against me ... eventually tried a variety of different meds to appease them and too see for myself if this were indeed a viable option ... didn't really help the headaches much but I sure felt drugged to the point that I could barely function ... finally moved away from the western style of medicine as my primary care because it wasn't helping and I grew tired of dealing with Egos who weren't listening to my needs, educated myself in massage therapy and related healing methods so that I could better treat my condition without the use of narcotics ... my point being, I think that most of our society is on some type of chemical, be it legal or not ...

If you study history, you will learn that most current "illegal" drugs were made illegal because there was an underlying racial motive, movement by the government to suppress cultural growth, ie the sixties or involvment by Big Business trying to protect their profits ... there was a great documentary regarding this subject on Public Television or History Channel ... don't remember which but very enlightning ...

I do know one thing ... my personal feelings ... I'd much rather be around someone who is high on cannibus than someone who has had a few too many drinks ... and please, quit throwing your cigarette butts on the ground ... it's bad enough to have to breathe second hand smoke with all of the known and documented chemicals and carcinogens and now I spend time picking up your nasty habit because most smokers can't even dispose of their butts properly ... I'm not one to bust on smokers, but please ... be responsible.

jeffery
 Xatra
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/20/2007 11:53:26 PM
If it is not addictive and it is illegal, then why do you continue to choose to use it?

Because I enjoy it, and feel its benefits outweigh any possible risks for me.

I smoke pot on occasion and I have an INCREDIBLE sex drive!!!!.

Me too. I think marijuana could be useful in treating some types of sexual disfunction.

zanex and zoloft do not make you high. zanex is an anitanxiety and zoloft is cousin to prozac which replaces seritonin in the brain.

Xanax (alprazolam) and other benzodiazepines used to treat anxiety disorders most definitely do produce a high. They are also highly addictive and one of the few drugs from which the withdrawals can be fatal.

I wish I could restrict non-marijuana users from contacting me, and also religious people.
 geminimara
Msg: 214
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/20/2007 11:58:35 PM
cannabis is as highly addictive as the others u mentioned and i do not want to be involved with someone who is spending time with the bong and not me. been there done that
 Xatra
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 12:31:39 AM

cannabis is as highly addictive as the others u mentioned

What makes you think so, or even that it's addictive at all?
 AweLecks
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 5:49:44 AM
Sin has no degree, dont fool yourself into thinking you are better then anyone else because youre not.

Cannabis is a drug. You use it. You are a druggie. You are weak. You have no self control.

You are also weak sensualsteve, your weakness is insecurity. Is mcdonalds not addicting? In the documentary "Super Size Me" by Morgan Spurlock, after only a few weeks he suffered withdrawls from the ediable drug. Does mcdonalds not result in health problems and a shortened life span? Anything used in excessive amounts will become addicting, and said addictions and over use will result in poor health and possable death. Drinking a gallon of milk in under an hour will kill you, and having too much iron in your blood stream will kill you. You judge others based on your insecurities. I wouldnt say its wrong to dissaprove of illegal drug use, but to imply you are not weak by saying this is complete ignorance. Would you cast shame upon an obese person, too "weak"to stop eating?

If you wash dishes or flip burgers at your local greasy spoon or you just sit on your ass mooching off people and society, you got nothing to lose. But some of us do. There is nothing wrong with those jobs. I am just making a point that people in certain occupations never face any consequences for having a trace of drugs in system.

Im a little confused? Do you mean proffesionals face no consequences for having a trace of drugs (hypothetically, lets say a docter or a lawyer is tested for drugs and there is cocaine. You mean they wont face consequences? Of course its not illegal to have done drugs, its illegal to be in possesion of them) or do you mean proffesional never get caught with drugs in their system, but a high percentage of people in dead end jobs do have trace drugs in their system? That was a little vague.

Some of us don't want to be around people that abuse drugs *tthat differ from the choice drug/basic addiction of our own personal preference*

I agree, I stopped smoking pot when I was in high school. Personally, I like remembering what I ate for breakfast 2 days ago, but you know - thats just my preference. Would I date someone addicted to marijuana? No, I dont like yellow teeth, and the smell of smoke all that much. Do I judge people who do? No, its not effecting me, and said people are usually alot more friendly and less judgemental then people who cast judgement so easily without considering their own flaws and weakness.
 Xatra
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 7:17:27 AM

I dont like yellow teeth

when you smoke it you can smell it on someones clothes and its an awful smell and on there breath!! and all in there home.

Those issues plague regular tobacco users but I have never observed them in marijuana-only smokers, despite having associated with many of them. And I have quit MJ for significant periods of time, enough to "clear my senses," have a sensitive nose anyway and still not been able to detect marijuana odor on anyone else, in their residence, vehicle, etc. unless they had very recently been smoking it. If it stunk and lingered like tobacco does it would be far easier to bust people for it.
 a1na2
Msg: 219
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 7:38:05 AM
The hypocrisy on these types of threads sure does run rampant.

I'm always reminded of the scene in Platoon when Barnes picks up the pipe and says " why do you guys smoke this stuff ? To escape from reality ? " ...meanwhile, he's got a bottle of hard liquor in his hand and he's quite inebriated...

" I'm better than you cuz I like chocolate ice cream which is legal and more socially acceptable than vanilla "
 Sniper308
Msg: 220
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 7:58:09 AM

... what about people who smoke cannabis? do you consider cannabis a drug?

And if you use this contact restriction, why do you use it?

To answer these questions:

I don't want to be around anyone using drugs as a crutch to get through life. I use the restriction because anyone using drugs (to include smoking pot) has a behavior I loathe... to include someone who just "experimented with it in high school." I want nothing to do with such people.
 Solomon Kane
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 8:15:27 AM
Well maybe they hit the bong because you're such a self-centered harpy .... get off his back and he may pay attention to you.
I once dated a lady who didn't mind my pot use.. I paid her plenty of attention, enough to where she sd back off ..lol
I ssmoke it much the same reasons Xatra does.. it relaxes me, and I enjoy it.
It has nothing to do with being a deadbeat .. I worked for 25 years, supporting myself and paying taxes..so don't use that arguement.
As for killing brain cells....only the evil cells ... My thought and reasoning processes remain the same .. some times while smoking I read and while it does cause my mind to wander, it also tends to make me think about what Im reading .. to absorb it..
But Im not here to defend my use .. just responding to some barbie-type who can't get her head out of her butt
 Solomon Kane
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 8:17:43 AM
And lets remember Our dear president was a cocaine user and alcoholic befor being elected .. We see where that got us
 jcfish
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 8:31:34 AM
Amen to a rational analysis!
 KFGuy
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 10:37:25 AM
Dear velobob,

re: your post, see excerpt below, you seem to be emotionally rather than intellectually involved in this thread.

"If you actually "smoke pot occasionally and think all the time", then use some of those brain cells to instruct us sheep why we are making a mistake."

At no time have I advocated the use of marijuana, and I have not posited that you are making a mistake by not smoking. And, I have no wish to convince any one as to how they should conduct their affairs or 'convince' you that non pot smoking is a mistake. My posts are intended to stimulate an INFORMED debate on the issue.

My comment re 'narrow minded bigots" referred to the issue of POF filters and the types of individuals I would like to block,........not to those who abstain or are opposed to THC use......as I said, you are emotionally involved.

I have very strong views on many issues, including alcohol use, racial harmony, children's welfare, the drug industry (whom I consider to be the real "pushers"), animal welfare, politics among others. However I find prosetylizing or otherwise preaching to be counter-productive. I understand that others have differing opinions and believe that constructive debate is healthy.

The issue of drug use is fascinating to me.......north america is drowning in a sea of drugs; anti-depressants and other mood altering drugs, pain killers, OTC medicines, steroids, ritalin, tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, HGH, viagara etc. We are bombarded with media messages that promote happiness thru pharmaceuticals yet our political machine has chosen to demonize a relatively benign drug.

Everyone who has an awareness of current events can see that young men worship the achievements of football players, track athletes, baseball players and the like. Now high school kids eat steroids like M & M's so they can be like their sport heroes.

The history of marijuana prohibition has it's roots in racism, political ambition and economic gain for the established 'ruling class' not empirical science.

It may be difficult for some people to understand that an opinion that differs from theirs is not necessarily 'wrong'........only different. That the recreational use of alcohol or pot does not make one 'bad', or that that abstinence may not make you 'good'.

I do not ask of anyone that they use pot........only that they use their brain,

Still thinking/still smoking (once in a while)
 velobob
Msg: 225
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 12:37:31 PM
From KFGuy:
…At no time have I advocated the use of marijuana, and I have not posited that you are making a mistake by not smoking. And, I have no wish to convince any one as to how they should conduct their affairs or 'convince' you that non pot smoking is a mistake. My posts are intended to stimulate an INFORMED debate on the issue…<snip>…I find prosetylizing or otherwise preaching to be counter-productive. I understand that others have differing opinions and believe that constructive debate is healthy…
Thank you for the most enlightening (IMHO) pro-marijuana stance so far. I am sorry if I came across as “proselytizing or otherwise preaching” I was trying more to explain the WHY part of MY response to the OP.

As a Christian I am not embarrassed by my beliefs but I fear there are some issues I may be too extreme about. I can turn to those that have the same views as me but that may only serve to reinforce my prejudices. And this is why I come here, to enjoy an informed spirited debate. You educate me and if I am willing to listen to you then you may get an education too.

I have not changed my mind about the "must not do drugs" filter. But now that decision is based on a little better understanding of the issues behind the filter. Good luck and maybe someday we will truly live in a free society.

With that said, I’ll respond if asked but I think I will stay quiet now. I've injected more than enough of my own comments into this thread.
 nebula22
Msg: 226
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 4:26:31 PM
Thank you velobob and everyone else for this very lively debate.
I would like to say that the people that i find most distasteful are the hippocrits and bigots.
Having a open mind is a sign of inteligence. We must all strive to keep our minds open so as to be able to make an informed decision.
The world is full of Kings and Queens that will blind your eyes and steal your dreams.
BUT ONLY IF YOU LET THEM..

IT'S HEAVEN AND HELL...
 Djonna
Msg: 227
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 4:56:59 PM
ok.... I just learned what cannabis is? lol.... Never heard of it called that.
 Djonna
Msg: 228
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 5:00:38 PM
I think one of the most important things that we lack as people is the ability to respect others opinions on subjects of debate. We all have our own opinions and for whatever reasons we choose to have those opinions, but we should look at some of the posts in forums as a debatable topic and not that of someone forcing any certain subject on another. Forums are for discussion and I think we need to be doing just that and not criticizing others for their own beliefs and/or opinions. I see a lot of bashing in forums which it totally unnecessary. Society lacks something called respect and human decency.
 Not_a_FAT_Slob
Msg: 229
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 5:24:50 PM

Having a open mind is a sign of inteligence[sic]

That doesn't apply to illegal activities that hurt people either directly or indirectly.

That is NOT open mindness. That is having no mind.
 KFGuy
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/21/2007 11:26:12 PM
Hi velobob,

thanks for your response, if I am ever in Alabama we should get together for a bike ride,

yours in health

M
 chr300
Msg: 231
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/22/2007 11:50:24 AM
you guys who are Bashing Weed are idiots and narrow minded, if you need to feel more important then a bong then looks like you got some unresolved abandenment issues.
Once again Doctors perscribe the stuff when nothing else will work .... why because it works!!!
Do some searching on the history of the drug and why its illegal for non medical use in the first place..... let me get u started ..... type in FREEMASONS.

And for god sakes open your eyes and mind.
Alcohol kills every day , cigeretts kill every hour ....Marijuana?? no deaths directly linked
to my knowledge, Just because you had some Stoner bf or gf that didnt know how to actually properly dose the drug proper doesnt mean the drug is at fault.

Use your Heads
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 232
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/22/2007 11:58:08 AM
no deaths from smoking pot so that leaves us with a bunch of fried brained idiots!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >