Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Are you with a Psychopath?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 windover
Msg: 9
Are you with a Psychopath?Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
to sidheanwwyn,

you don't sound like an ass.... once again, your ignorance is showing.

I actually liked his opinion and didn't find him ignorant.

He had a valid opinion that many others agree with.

i can only think of ONE drug whose mechanism of action is not known and that's aspirin. my "best guess" is that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I am not in the health field, but asprin is derived from salicylic acid. I can't find my herb book at the moment, but did do a net search and found a good page you might like to read. http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshelf/substances_view/1,1525,10069,00.html

to quote from that page...

The salicylic acid in white willow bark lowers the body's levels of prostaglandins, hormonelike compounds that can cause aches, pain, and inflammation. While white willow bark takes longer to begin acting than aspirin, its effect may last longer. And, unlike aspirin, it doesn't cause stomach bleeding or other known adverse effects.

I planted a white willow a couple of years ago. The leaves make a wonderful tea that smells like honey, if you get the leaves when they have the catkins on them. The catkins are a major source of food in early spring for honey bees.

Hugs

windover
 windover
Msg: 10
Are you with a Psychopath?
Posted: 5/18/2005 10:31:33 PM
I was not listing everything I know, and I was not basing my facts on the Internet. I was simply sharing information out there that could be easily accessed. Yes I do realize there is more information on the subject, and also I do know more. I get my information from books, books as you know are used for a variety of information and most likely where yours originated from. I wasn't trying to debate with you. However you need to accept that my view is different and so is the persons you called ignorant, I've done no such name calling.

just because you read material, that doesn't guarantee you'll understand it.

Actually I am capable of understanding quite a bit. *smile*

what the person i was responding to was doing was attempting to discredit a recognised field of science,

Even within the field you are referring to, their are debated topics with professionals disagreeing, so I don't think it's fair to say from an intellectual standpoint that he was trying to debase the profession.

I too think this particular test is full of holes and generalities. It's not specific enough and fits far too many individuals to be concise. In fact I think you could take this test to many professionals and get different reactions. Here's one thing about opinons, they are not facts, they are simply opinions, so there is no reason to flame him. He is entitled.

i have also had some training in psychology, although i don't claim to be an expert in that field. you don't have to be an expert to observe human behavior.

That's okay, my mother was physc major and I'm not an expert either. *g I havn't gone to college, but I've read the college textbooks, according to you I guess I wouldn't have understood what I reading. However, I think I got a decent, far from expert point of view, enough to form an opinion with. But as you say, one does not have to be an expert, so we are all entitled to whether we agree with the test or not.

If you want to know what I'm starting to think... the ones who don't agree were very easy going about the whole thing. It's not a heated issue for me. You're entitled to agree with the test. This isn't about debasing or supporting a profession, it's about whether or not we all agree the test is valid. Some of won't, some of us will. And it's all good. I'm just not going to argue it.

Conclusion: You think the test is valid. That's great. Personally I don't, however at this point anyone who disagrees with you will be brow beaten, so don't expect alot of people to disagree. But it doesn't change the fact that they may think the test is too general to be of use for them in their lives.

You have a great night and I enjoyed talking about this with you. Oh by the way, my main character in a novel I'm writing is a physcologist, so I doing some recent research at the moment. Doesn't make me an expert, but then this thread was open to non-experts. :)

Hugs and Nite, please no flaming, I am flamable.

windover
 windover
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/18/2005 10:51:16 PM
I'm sorry sidheanwwyn, I forgot...

I do have two years anatomy and physiology, I don't consider it formal training though. It was for massage therapy, but required for the exams. I've never practiced massage because I only learned it to know how to use it on my family one day. I overlooked adding it to my interests, but then again, I think I'll leave that hobby off due to the nature of the site, LOL.

Also I did look at your profile and I am new here, however we are both here for the forums only. So we have something in common. I look forward to discussing more topics with you.

Nite,

windover
 CROSSFADE
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/19/2005 1:17:15 AM
No way in hell I have the energy to read all of that... will someone please just tell me if I am or am not a psychopath (ex-wife need not chime in)
 CROSSFADE
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/19/2005 1:36:18 AM
That would explain the squishy walls... I just thought I soiled myself... thanks Red... can always count on you brotha!!!
 wildatheart76
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2005 8:55:15 AM
none of the traits in the list are good qualities to have. they are all negative personality traits. if any person you are with fits the profile, whether or not the have been officially diagnosed, they are not someone you should be with, as they are characteristic of someone who is incapable of love. does anyone really want to be with a person who isn't capable of love?

No, I wouldn't want to be with someone that is incapable of love.. but I think we get involved before we know that.. again I thank you for your original post. I have been abusive relationships and blamed myself for attracting that type of person. When in truth, it wasn't my problems that caused the abuse but they're own insecurities. I agree this was a good post! Good Job!!

wildatheart76
 Truth_Beauty
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/19/2005 1:46:17 PM
Hello there Nikki,

Thanks for that insightful info! Now I'll now what not to look for in a man. I'm glad you posted that. So I hope people read it and if they have someone in their life like that - a partner or lover - get the hell away! That's what I say. There are too many other nice guys out there wanting to have a great, ' normal' relationship with a gal!.
Yah, there is a psycho on here btw.
K
 windover
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/19/2005 9:22:46 PM

Going to college is irrelevant to the ability to understand things.

I understand things just fine, I just don't agree with some of what was said regarding the test, as I feel it's too general.

So if I do not agree with you or your girlfriends view them I'm what, "Not capable of understanding?" See I don't attact someones ability to "understand" simply because they do not see my viewpoint. To me that would be fall under some of those negative guideline, and I wouldn't "label" you for it, I'd just chalk it up to human error.

Seriously I don't mind different points of view, I think I even state that on my profile. What I do mine is when people start to attact personally, so due to the inability of a few in here to stay within the subject matter without making personal jabs I will need exit this thread.

It is not a heated situation for me, I simply have a different viewpoint. Nor do I dislike or label anyone for having a viewpoint different then mine.

I'll be happy to keep my thoughts on the test to myself. It was an open thread to non professionals, apparently only if they agree with the test. My mistake.

Hugs to all, no offense taken, no offense given. This post is written in a good and easy heart.

See ya all around in the other threads.

windover
 windover
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/19/2005 9:23:40 PM
oops, forgot to close to quote. Sorry about that.
 WeekendHuntressKatelynn21
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/9/2005 8:36:45 PM
LOL wiccan.. too funny here is one I wrote in the dateless weekend thread!

Crazy? I'm not crazy!
Crazy is pacing up and down the stairs
and back and forth thru the halls chanting...

I am a hamster...

I am a hamster...

I am a hamster...

Wait! You never said anything about crazy did you? :blushes:

Ohh I see....
well then....
Ummm...
those are my plans anyway...

Katelynn

I just might be a psycopath lol... I'm glad I'm not the only one though!
 WeekendHuntressKatelynn21
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/9/2005 9:01:16 PM
Always nice to hear a compliment!
Especially from a woman a beautiful as yourself wiccan
Thank You Very Much!
and teehee is better then
*giggles'n'grins*
Something I quit posting long before POF.. never doing that again
 Niki Li
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/9/2005 10:14:39 PM
"Most of these listed traits of a psychopath would make a great company ceo or dare I say...a president."

So funny you mentioned that, bunomatic. The "psychopath" that I was with happened to be the CEO/President of our company that we started. Needless to say, it failed due to his own selfishness and manipulative ways as well as having "larger than life" goals and unrealistic expectations. He tried to run before he could walk and ended up falling on his face instead!
 Niki Li
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/10/2005 8:43:59 AM
To Stukonu

Yes i most definately agree w/ you. words can't even come close to describe the effects and repercussions of the actions when once involved w/ someone like this. it's unfortunate to 'fall victim' whole heartedly to these people and get very little in return. unfortunately for me, he happened to be my first and needless to say, scarred me very deeply in terms of fully opening up and trusting another. However, i was never deeply in love w/ him, but i did fall enough to get deeply hurt and all i can do is ask "why?"

Guess there is no real explanation to why these people do what they do or the reason why they are the way that they are. All we can do is hope for the very best and in the meantime, pick ourselves up, dust off and just move on.
 Niki Li
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/28/2005 9:12:44 PM
Just bumping this up in case anyone missed this...
 Niki_Li
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/28/2005 9:16:34 PM
For the local ladies...
 wonkavision
Msg: 25
*** ( Are you with a Psychopath ??? ) ***
Posted: 10/1/2005 1:18:30 PM
There seems to be a little confusion on this thread between psychotic and psychopathic. I've seen both terms bandied about with only a cursory understanding of their meanings. Psychosis is a rather subjective term as it does not refer to a specific mental illness, but more to a class of disorders defined by the dsm-IV to involve "grossly impaired reality testing." An otherwise normal person, can even, under certain situations have a psychotic epsiode causing them to misinterpret events to the degree that seriously distorts their processing of reality. Schizophrenia and extreme manic disorders are forms of psychosis. Psychopathy, on the other hand, is a descriptive term used for elements of some personality disorders, anti-social personality disorder mostly. Organic brain disorders that affect sensual perception and disorders of the personality are VERY different. Psychopathy refers to a total disregard for the rights and feelings of others and a pathological lack of empathy or a conscience. It does not necessarily require homicidal behaviour though. A serial killer exhibits psychopathic behaviour, but a psychopath is not by definition a killer. I contend that society is more rife with what I would call "functional psychopaths" then we would like to believe. The CEO's of Enron for instance exhibited exactly psychopathic behaviour. They destroyed thousands of people's lives without a second thought or nagging of conscience. They felt entitled and were able to completly disassociate their actions from the horrible consequences they had on others.
 RiskyBzns
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/2/2005 6:20:39 PM
I am not dating one but I have ran across one on here that I started chatting with. She is very demanding. If I don't respond asap you get the almight you must be busy or you don't want to talk to me. It doesn't do any good to respond back right away especially after it takes about 5 minutes for her to reply back. So why get pissy at the other person when you are the one that is hardly talking and not responding back in a timely manner. I wait patiently and don't complain. Then she tells me I tend to piss her off. If I tend to piss you off then you need to move on down the road and stop talking to me, I am not the one that initiates the conversation to begin with. Some people don't get a clue.
 mogrl
Msg: 27
Posted: 12/10/2005 10:07:32 AM
i was married to one for 8 long years,it was a long rollercoaster ride.
 wiserd
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2006 8:49:07 PM

So the paramound question is dose your psycopath LOVE you???

If he's really a psychopath, then he's not capable of love as most people think of it. Love to a psychopath is a matter of his needs being met. There's not a thought of loyalty.

As one psychologist said "Ten men conspire to commit a murder and nine refuse to squeal on their partners to get a lighter sentence. The tenth does. The nine showed loyalty. The tenth may be a psychopath."
 wiserd
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2006 9:14:04 PM

i can only think of ONE drug whose mechanism of action is not known and that's aspirin. my "best guess" is that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

This is OT, but the mechanism for Aspirin was recently elucidated.
 IceHockey101
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/30/2006 9:45:59 PM
Count me in then, I'm a psychopath to the max, except the shallow, bragging, etc...Unless I worked hard for my bragging rights.

This is the dumbest thread I've ever read. Get over it and move on to a better psychopath ;)
 Revelate76
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/2/2006 8:20:01 PM
I think whoever wrote this should look at women being the pychopath not just the male.

when you are taking work from someother place and posting it on here maybe you should state it word for word not be so bias because of your own past experiences.

I would say Women and just as devious as Men are when it comes to head games.

REV
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Are you with a Psychopath?