Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 d-belle
Msg: 8
What influence does music have in your life, what does it mean to youPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Music is a huge part of my life. It can intensify any emotion, or even change the emotion you are feeling into another one. It has incredible power. I feel it all through me.

I wish I could play an instrument, I used to play piano when I was a kid, but I gave it up. I would love to play it again.
 airplane_geek
Msg: 10
What influence does music have in your life, what does it mean to you
Posted: 6/19/2005 5:57:47 PM
I kind of grew out of turning to music for inspiration. I think it was Billy Joel that said "It's just a song. In 3 1/2 minutes it's over. Life goes on."

I still listen to music, but I don't look to get anything beyond entertainment out of it.
 sandysinister
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2005 2:16:36 PM
A friend of mine likes to say the drugs are in the music, but for me Music Is The Way I Pray.
 Herkimer
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/21/2005 2:39:01 PM
Music is the voice of God and requires our love, respect and reverence! It is truly the only universal language!
 punkdchick
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/30/2005 11:25:47 AM
I've learnt musical instruments since I was 5 so music has always been a HUGE part of my life. A while back my life started falling to pieces and I found that the ONLY thing that eased the pain (besides self destructiveness) was sitting at the piano and pouring my heart and soul into a piece. This, together with songwriting/poetry, literally saved my life. Music was my one positive escape, it was the only way I could express myself when my mouth felt like it had been glued shut! MUSIC ROCKS!!!
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/3/2005 8:23:24 AM
Good music elevates me.It enriches my being with an interpretation of life through a means that often transcends boundries.
 79dude
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/3/2005 12:23:44 PM
music is huge to me and i hope to make $ from it some time
 meandmystar
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2008 2:20:38 PM
for a long time now, I can't remember going a day without jamming out.
I've been playing music for 9 years. 4 of them with my current band.
music has its own language that doesn't even need to say anything in order to convey a message or story to the listener. I really envy the times of old though. there are many gems of this age, but really long for the days of being a legitimately good band. I'm tired of all these scene punks who get popular because of the way they look, or how many friends on myspace they've got.

but right now I'm ultimately stuck on Coheed and Cambria, Elvis Presley, Dustin Kensrue, and Sky Eats Airplane.

which brings me to my next point of the fact that I listen to GOOD music of ALL kinds.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >