Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Is red hot romance possible after 50?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RDtoo
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Is red hot romance possible after 50?Page 14 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
Krebby, I suppose you have explained why so many have answered my original question with replies about sex. Perhaps I should not have used the term "red hot" in my OP. Maybe people do equate that with sex. Truthfully, I began to wonder after seeing pages and pages of this kind of reply. I wondered if anyone was looking for emotional connections or just carnal connections. Both would be nice, but in my mind if you do not have the emotional connection, then everything else gets old awfully fast.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 179
Is red hot romance possible after 50?
Posted: 4/17/2010 10:15:42 AM
I have been branded as still 'in mourning', if I talk of my wife in any way. This is discouraging sometimes. I speak to my grandchildren of their mother, especially my daughters youngest, because she does not remember Mommy much, and it is important that she knows her mother. Her mother was a good person, a great mother. Just like her Nanna was as well. Sometimes you can't help but speak of those who have passed. It's natural.

....I divorced a second time because I couldn't deal with my husband's addicitions any longer. But the fact remained that he was still a loving and caring man.
We had been divorced for several years when I recieved a call that he had passed away. I mourned his passing for a long time. We shared lot's of very good memories.

Of course he is not discussed as much now but the fact remains that he was once an enormous part of my life, and our daughters. How can you shut out all those good memories? Yes, it's natural to speak of them often to begin with.... just as it's natural to speak less and less as years go by.

Krebby, I suppose you have explained why so many have answered my original question with replies about sex. Perhaps I should not have used the term "red hot" in my OP. Maybe people do equate that with sex. Truthfully, I began to wonder after seeing pages and pages of this kind of reply. I wondered if anyone was looking for emotional connections or just carnal connections. Both would be nice, but in my mind if you do not have the emotional connection, then everything else gets old awfully fast.

... Sorry OP....I have to admit I am one of those that attached the sexual enuendos to my reply.....but only because they're more "funner" (lol) My response to a thread often depends upon my mood to be honest.

...mae
 Silver-Dove
Msg: 180
Posted: 7/13/2011 3:29:32 PM

well i only read about 3 of these responses but i will add mine too:

yes yes yes...of course you can have red hot romance.
at any age.

DITTO!! At 51! of course!! Why not! Both ROMANCE and sex are more than possible - they can both be realities!

Be the change you want to see! if you want romance - BE ROMANTIC! Send flowers! Do al the "corny" romantic gestures. Show her you CARE!

But I wouldn't waste more time with someone you are not feelign attracted. Find someone you find attractive and who feels the same and then smother her with kisses and COMPLIMENTS!
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2011 4:17:09 PM
I had two great romances in my life. One was in my senior year in high school and one in college. My fond memories of these two romances have continued for over 40 years. As great as sex is I long for that type of romance. Something I will never forget: again.
 Silver-Dove
Msg: 182
Posted: 7/15/2011 4:35:36 PM

The problem being...finding someone compatible that is looking for it, Too..!!

If you build it they will come. If you want love act lovingly, If you want romance be romantic! Put the vibes out there! Women wanna be WOOED! It costs nothing to send virtual flowers!

My HOTTEST sexiest romance was after my 18 year marriage ended. We were both in our mid 4o's when it stated and it lasted till we were in our 50s. It SIZZLED!!! He knew how to whisper sweet nothings...even some sweet, sweet lies! And I still believe in possibilities as i know of and read about HOT love affairs of folk in nursing homes!! It aint over till it's over!
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 183
Posted: 7/15/2011 6:48:57 PM
It is certainly possible with the over 50 women I've dated.
''
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 184
Posted: 7/15/2011 9:30:04 PM

It is certainly possible with the over 50 women I've dated.

..Hmmm, so are you talking in terms of age or the number of dates you've been on? Curious minds ya know....lol

I'm sure red hot romance is possible for those over the age of 50, but the opportunities for that to happen become fewer and fewer. In my experience....or lack thereof.

...mae
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 185
Posted: 7/15/2011 10:50:55 PM
That was age, not number.
LOL

Thanks for making me clarify that.
cus geez...50 women...I don't even get around that much.

But it is harder to find passion the older we get.
no easy answers to that.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 186
Posted: 7/16/2011 8:53:30 AM

Better to see tha glass half full instead of half empty. All it takes is one.

Oh yes.....that glass half full, half empty thingy.....you have no idea how many time I knocked the damn glass over
But ...Believe me, I've tried to remain very optimistic, but it's hard when you've been on here for x number of years and......well you know. *big sigh*

...mae
 Silver-Dove
Msg: 187
Posted: 7/16/2011 9:54:58 AM

Better to see tha glass half full instead of half empty. All it takes is one. Meanwhile, exploring the world of the opposite sex is fun, so long as ya keep it that way. .............Yeah, right. All it takes is one. The law of probabilities is on our side.

Ya gotta kiss a lotta frogs, as they say. And this here pond is hopppin' with lots of frogs!!

as youngsters we can more easily drop them drawers and do it when the feeling of a romantic rapture has overtaken all other thoughts and reason.
As we enter our golden geriatric years we might be more inclined to hold out till we seem to sense a real (hopefully) mutual fire to bare all to and do the deed with total abandon,

WOW! You said a mouthful, woman! EXACTLY how I feel! I also agree with us knowing what we want and being able to express it. The problem is finding partners who are open to that feedback and don't just get hurt and defensive.

I have found the most important aspect of red hot romance is the prelude to it, and the ability to Sunday morning quarterback it...meaning being able to ask: "Was it good for you?" and expect a really HONEST answer, including ways to make it better still without taking offense! That's how it worked for me in my hottest romance ever and it lasted well into my 50's that way! Men need to learn to ASK FOR and TAKE directions, IMO..."A little to the left, hon..."
 Ready_Real
Msg: 188
Posted: 7/16/2011 10:33:24 AM
Admittedly. I have not read the entire 25 pages' worth of replies so am addressing this more directly to you, OP. . .

I'm confused. You describe yourself both in words and photos as someone who is "a few pounds overweight" [with] "one or two medical issues" who is therefore thinking practically in seeking "friendship" rather than "red hot romance" that rocks your bed and your world.

It is not clear whether/not the "one or two medical issues" you list are related to your being "overweight" or a "smoker"; therefore, you may have "3 or 4 medical issues". . .

You then write that you have fulfilled your expectations and been fortunate to have found a "nice person" with whom to share life's joys.

You now ask whether/not to maintain this friendship????

Hmmmm. . . might you consider that there is a disconnect between "where" you say you are practically vs. "where" you quest to be -- quixotically???

slmone7
Msg: 189
Posted: 7/16/2011 2:52:59 PM
You bet your sweet bippy it's possible.....................and fun.
 TryAgan
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2011 3:21:06 PM
^^^
I second the motion (actually - in my simple life it happened more times after 50, than before 50).
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2011 7:41:33 AM
It's always possible and when it happens at our age we can appreciate and nurture it more. However, as we age we become set in our ways (whether we can admit it or not) and we develop walls of protection. We're not so quick to lower these walls for someone who is interested in us as we did when we were young. We were occasionally hurt back then but we also experienced loving romance.

When young we use to assume a degree of innocence with regards to a perspective significant other. Today many assume available dates are guilty until proven innocent making things more difficult. This isn't to say that gamers don't exist: they do and people need to protect themselves. However, this creates an atmosphere of suspicion that is much stronger today then 40 years ago. At our age men have tired of the "chase me" atmosphere (playing hard to get) and assuming "he only wants sex" and when detected many will walk away.

My growing frustration is not with women but with the men who only want sex because women get burned and erect higher walls making my job all that more difficult. Not to be Johnny Rain Cloud but personally I don't see this changing any time soon.
 karma1160
Msg: 192
Posted: 7/17/2011 9:20:51 AM
Of course it is possible! Romance starts in the brain, people who have granbabys are still romantic. geez
As far as having physical issues, not everyone does, but if they do then getting in shape, stopping smoking and limiting alcohol usage helps in that department.
I am a firm believer in where there is a will, there is a way.
There are all kinds of ways someone can be romantic....
 BlueTeaPot
Msg: 193
Posted: 7/19/2011 11:23:08 PM
why does one equate getting older with having a lack of passion?

I for one, I know I am a passionate person just waiting until I find the right person to be passionate with.

(clear throat sound... ahem....I am right over here! ) lol
 abelian
Msg: 194
Posted: 7/20/2011 10:56:19 AM

It's always possible

Sure it's possible - if you make it possible. It's not going to hit anyone over the head to overcome a person's cynicism and skepticism.

My growing frustration is not with women but with the men who only want sex because women get burned and erect higher walls making my job all that more difficult.

That is nonsense. If you encounter high walls, it's because a woman doesn't feel comfortable opening up to you. It doesn't mean she's not comfortable opening up to others. I really haven't encountered that, but I listen without being judgmental. Other guys aren't making your life more difficult. If anything, the worse most men are, the better off a great guy would be. However, just not hitting on women for sex doth not a great guy make.

Not to be Johnny Rain Cloud but personally I don't see this changing any time soon.

I think a good part of the problem is that you ARE Johnny Rain Cloud. Lamenting over what you see as the sad state of affairs in dating, is a real buzzkill. A negative attitude is a great way to suck the life out of any conversation.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 195
Posted: 7/20/2011 11:50:41 AM
I have found many late 50's early 60's women eager to meet a nice man for hot romance.
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 196
Posted: 7/22/2011 7:10:28 PM
Darn right!

I am 50 this year and I won't quit finding the ONE man for me!
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2011 5:14:28 PM

That is nonsense. If you encounter high walls, it's because a woman doesn't feel comfortable opening up to you.

Spoken like a true DeAngelo devote. Women today have much higher walls for emotional protection than 40 years ago. Just viewing profiles and reading posts will speak clearly to this.

I think a good part of the problem is that you ARE Johnny Rain Cloud.

Please convince me that women are not on the defensive because men try to use them as a side of beef for sex only and then move on! Fifty years ago we didn't have to lock our doors when we left the house: sure have to today. Well, women feel the need to protect themselves and it causes a frustration for the guys who are not out for a one nighter.

If these men were "gentlemen" and not hormonalised dogs, women wouldn't be so uptight.
 vanityfair55
Msg: 198
Posted: 7/23/2011 6:48:29 PM
I just keep on waiting and looking but thinking maybe for men its not possible?
 dd3va
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2011 7:00:25 PM
Gee whiz, I hope so. I want the red hot, can't live without you, unpredictable, inconvenient, take my breath away kind of love.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 200
Posted: 7/26/2011 10:27:23 AM

That's difficult to believe there, mae. Why do all the "good ones" have to live in Timbuktu or somethang?

...My thoughts exactly. How can one start a red hot romance with someone who lives hundreds of miles away. I swear sometimes I'm being punished for heady sins of the past.

edit: Cowboy hats on a woman have an "effect" on me. sigh.

...A cowboy hat? Wow, that's all it took...had I known sooner, I would have kept the little black dress on a hanger...lol

...mae
 WPS2011
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2011 7:56:40 PM
I can actually say YES to this question. I met someone very special on this site. It was wonderful for 8 months, unfortunately we weren't giving up past issues. But it was the best for awhile. I really wish I knew the reason at the time why he didn't and wouldn't talk or see me. I would have forsaken all for him. But he never gave me a choice. I guess you really have to take a leap of faith and hope for the best. I would do it again in a second. There are just too many that want the same thing in life and if you think you could both be happy - try it. Jump and feel it. It's kinda' like the feeling you get on a roller coaster going down a huge incline. To some not a good feeling, others exillerating and some will never "get it". I did and it was great for a while!!!!
 WPS2011
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2011 7:58:39 PM
Get out there and give it an honest try. You might surprise yourself!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Is red hot romance possible after 50?