Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Is red hot romance possible after 50?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RDtoo
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Is red hot romance possible after 50?Page 6 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
I have noticed that most of the replies seem to think I was referring to sex when I started this thread almost 2 years ago. I went back and read my opening post and I did not indicate this anywhere. Maybe that is all most look for in a relationship, red hot sex. I do believe you can find that at this age. The thing I was referring to has nothing to do with sex, but more a chemistry spiritual type of thing. I think that is much harder to find.

To the woman who thought I had some "intimacy" issues. I read your profile and noticed that you only date younger men. Sounds like you have some denial issues going on yourself....
 Mayonia
Msg: 128
Is red hot romance possible after 50?
Posted: 6/14/2009 2:47:22 AM
I am still waiting for the next dose of red hot romance. Of course, it HAS to include red hot sex, but of course that's not the only element.
 chance747
Msg: 129
Posted: 6/14/2009 11:36:49 AM
i see alot of threads is this or that possible after a certain age, in my opinion, alllll things are possible, i used to have a car tag, the said " with God, all things are possible", and ill always believe it....
 Blue-eyedLady
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2009 9:02:23 PM
That is a Great Big YES!... Why should it die... age is just a number.. Did your heart stop at 50 NO, then why should anything else.. it only dies, if You want it to..

Keep the home fires burning, it takes two... never only one... to find that person who
makes you weak in the knees from just a Kiss.. a touch of the hand.. A soft whisper..
can inginte the fire and who know where it might lead you.. Open your mind and your heart.. but only to those worthy!
 Sharon4JC
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2009 4:54:25 PM
Judith: Definitely agree with you relating to the person who has never been married by they are past 40. Something is mostly definitely wrong and I agree there could be 'intimacy issues' but I ran across a situation a number of years ago where the guy had never been married before and he was 40 and he said he didn't think that would be a problem but as it turned out for the lady who married him...it was a major problem. He was paranoid schizophrenic and 'crazy as a bedbug' and she only lived with him (no matter how hard she wanted it to work) for about 10 months.
 oldman1013
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/23/2009 5:36:03 PM
It happened for me---unfortunately I let it get away! I was married 36 years before losing my wife. I met what became my "soulmate" at 55. We made love at the drop of a hat and anywhere. It was great----until after 3+ yrs she felt she needed to move on. Now I am trying desperately to get over her.
 Trishayellowrose
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2009 2:20:29 PM
Most definitely.
I did at fifty and it lasted 12 yrs.
He was 7 years younger and we had fun.
Great Sex and so hot and passionate.

It only ended when he started going back to church all the time.
He thought he was fornicating...............hum...............

We did not live together but spent most weekends and holidays together.

I am still friends and do not regret it at all.

It did take me a while to get back into dating again.
Pat
 karma1160
Msg: 134
Posted: 6/24/2009 3:18:06 PM
Of course it's possible at least in my mind lol I have a huge imagination though.
If there is nothing there then .... you are wasting time . I think there are different degrees of feelings you can have for someone it may not be red hot all the time but it can still be mutually enhancing . I think when you get older love comes softly more.... I don't know the answer but I do know that I still want a little twinkle in the eyes of someone that's looking at me and if you can't muster that up your doing the person a disservice.
 Trishayellowrose
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2009 3:39:33 PM
I agree Karma...........on the imagination in your mind.

Sometimes my imagination and dreams are better than watching a X rated movie.

Pat
 stevelfun
Msg: 136
Posted: 6/24/2009 6:45:22 PM
ABSOLUTELY!!!
 litenluv
Msg: 137
Posted: 8/2/2009 2:30:55 PM
One month of turning 59, and having lived most of the 50's, my opinion is that hot romance does exist beyond the 40's. I am learning that it takes a long time to become young in mind and spirit, and that there are reaches to relationships that are only reached in an older age, that simply cannot be appreciated. For example; not too many young people ever experience the sacred elements in their spirit from a red hot romance. When one gets older, things might be red hot, but the speed is deliberately slowed to enjoy each feeling to the maximum rather than for the five second release for an itch when younger!

After 50 and the never ending need to compete for the sake of the "ego", red hot is brewed to perfection, for the journey is better than the destination through the romance. A woman comes to see that men over 50 consider it the best time in life to bring all things learnt, together in one great package. The awareness and wisdom gained from a life having been lived, gives new dimensions to sharing, caring, and just allowing love to flow. Judgements are less, and love IS allowed to self organize and be free.

IMHO
 stayinalive-2-44691
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2009 9:31:44 PM
goodmangreg--

well stated. i am in a similar position--wife died unexpectedly--and yes, i am positive that red-hot romance will be forthcoming, from me for sure; i will be most disapointed otherwise.
 harlie rydr
Msg: 139
Posted: 8/5/2009 12:41:48 PM
Not only possible,it's out there.My last red hot romance,she was 60 and red hot!
I need to know,what's after 60?
 swtsunlvr
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:01:42 AM
YES YES YES!!!!
I know that the feelings are still there,dormant,waiting to be teased a little.Hiding just far enough down to keep from emerging before the time is right.It's there,though....simmering, The right person that senses that it's there will know instinctively how to bring it out.
Being over 50 is pretty irrelevant,unless you are physically incapable due to an accident,or illness.Otherwise you are what is known as "ripe" after 50.You've learned a few things,your body has learned all kinds of responses....it's all there.
One of these days,just the right person will get the prize...............
 Petrified_Wood
Msg: 141
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:46:13 AM
If it isn't - what's the point? I certainly won't settle for less.
 smiles247
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 5:00:43 PM
I'm 58 and just want to say, not only is it possible, it's true. I still get the same feelings that I did when I was 20! If there's chemistry happening, age is not a factor.
 cncgandolf
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2009 1:42:04 PM
Possible after 50? Oh, yes. Been there done that in my 50's that one ended.

Now wondering if it will be possible again in my 60's I expect so. grins. Thanks for the reassurance bicoastal
 sk1960
Msg: 146
Posted: 8/22/2009 3:58:13 PM
NewtoMichiana: Absolutely true ... thanks for "giving the OP a shake" .... we should all remember that romance, love, passion, are all ageless .... you can have it if you keep yourself open to unlimited possibilities....
 katkat53
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2009 6:26:07 AM
God, I hope so. For me romance is a must in a realationship, but it can come in many forms. What is romance to me may not be so to anyone else. I know that at 56 I am more open and adventurous than when I was younger. There is a huge difference between romance and red hot sex, if you can find both, count yourself extremely lucky.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2009 7:26:24 PM
i was reading The New York Times online today and came across an article that made me think of this thread.

it's in the weddings/celebrations section and is the story of a couple who were friends as teenagers and reconnected almost 70 years later. they were married late last month after a two year courtship.

she's 83 and he's 84.

just reading their story made me a believer again.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 149
Posted: 9/17/2009 8:13:07 PM
I would say patience is my worst virtue, but I understand why I feel like I do...time is wasting and I want someone who understands that all the pretenses in the world just makes for lonely bedfolk
 Gaddflye
Msg: 150
Posted: 9/18/2009 1:58:02 PM
I know of a man who was widowed at about the age of 90. His marriages had been OK, but not wonderful. Within a couple of years he met and married a woman and told his son who is my frend that he was deeply in love with this new woman. His son told me he had never seen his father so happy.
 RDtoo
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2009 9:14:43 AM
It is hard to believe this thread of mine is still going after being posted a couple of years ago. I will say, yes, you all have convinced me that red hot romance is possible after 50. But, and this is a BIG butt...I have also came to the conclusion that there really is NOT someone out there for everyone. The kind of thing I was talking about in my OP was what WidowsDesire wrote about in her posts. Unfortunately for me, I do not meet romantic thinking women like WidowsDesire. I seem to attract the practical "forget that romance B.S. and let's have sex" type. Now some men might have no complaints about this, but personally I like the romantic types who seem to avoid me. Oh well.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Is red hot romance possible after 50?