Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gadixie
Msg: 3
view profile
History
I dont understand men!Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Aleast you found out now instead of years down the road. Some both Men and Women play the game just to have a companion to hold them over till they find someone else. Once he found out you had feelings he had no choice but to either lie to you or move on. Atleast he was man enough to move on instead of leading you on.
 seatide
Msg: 4
view profile
History
I dont understand men!
Posted: 10/10/2007 4:12:54 PM

I am everything that this guy listed he wanted in a woman and then when I told him that I liked him more than just a friend, he didnt want me! Does anyone know what it feels like to have feelings for someone and that person doesnt want to recipicate the feelings back? I just dont get it, I mean this guy and I laughed, made out, met some of his friends, would watch

May be he found somewhere along the line that you aren't everything he ever wanted.
It is not possible to make someone want you, it has to come from him. It is wrong to classify him as a jerk, just because he lost interest in you.
On the other hand, he may be a player or not wanting to commit to anything at this time. His possible fault is that he never said so and led you on. But if he did say that he wanted no commitment, there wouldn't be many women in a hurry to date him.
I think that dating has to be taken at it's face value at any given time, the most important is to take your time to get to know anybody's intentions before they have a chance to break your heart. I also suspect, that your heart isn't really broken, you are just having a hard time with being rejected.. Unfortunately, that's a unavoidable part of the dating game.
 1frantastic
Msg: 6
view profile
History
I dont understand men!
Posted: 10/10/2007 5:29:59 PM
mimi...yes we do kiss a bunch of frogs looking for our prince....but we have to learn how to tell if they are frogs or toads before we kiss.......this one was a toad...sorry....

OP...go find another guy and see if he is a green frog....not a brown toad!
 Megannn
Msg: 10
view profile
History
I dont understand men!
Posted: 10/10/2007 9:00:53 PM
Don't worry....u're pretty girl, u're smart......I believe its gonna be his loss.
Ladynjeans was right, some men are hunters and some arent. Im sure you will find a great person to share life with. Meantime, just enjoy your life. Dont waste it to think the word 'why'.......and remember.......its better to be loved first and then learn to love them. I know it sounds stupid, but it is true "Too much love will kill you"

scorpiomover
Msg: 13
view profile
History
I dont understand men!
Posted: 10/28/2007 3:17:36 PM

I mean I am everything that this guy listed he wanted in a woman and then when I told him that I liked him more than just a friend, he didnt want me!
He wasn't very good at writing an accurate profile. He left some things out. That's not a crime. Most people cannot put everything into woMMrds.

I think that I am a great catch
You need to re-think the way you think about yourself. Let me quote from your profile:
I'm looking for someone who looks like a bad boy (tatoo's, ears pierced, and rides motorcyles) but is really a good guy inside.
The most common quality that people seem to list as desired in a relationship is honesty.
Saying you have multiple tattoos, piercings and ride a motorbike, and want the same, means that you want someone with common interests. That's honesty.
Saying you want a "bad boy on the outside" and a "good guy on the inside" in the same man is a contradiction, because neither refer to how you look. It's as difficult to understand as a man who says he wants a woman who looks like a tramp but acts like a virgin, and just as unlikely to find one. It's very difficult to show honesty by stating a clear contradiction.

IMHO, the mark of honesty is making a decision and sticking to it. But that means you choose: bad boy or good guy. No-one minds if you want a tattooed "good guy", but then stick to your decision to like tattoos by getting a couple yourself.
If you can't stick to one road, then what you say is unlikely to be what others call the truth. Expect more of this until you pick one road and stick to it.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >