Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Guys with facial hair.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NancyC123
Msg: 25
Guys with facial hair.Page 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
There's something to be said about that five o'clock shadow scruff! Certain guys can get away with it and I have no problems with it. I find it kinda sexy, in fact.

I've kissed a guy with a mustache and it never got in the way, but I DO favor a clean-shaven face.
 NancyC123
Msg: 26
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 12/10/2007 6:31:13 PM
Smitty, I can dig the scruffy look!
 socal_Tom
Msg: 27
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 12/31/2007 2:22:28 PM
well the chicks I have went out with DIG THE MUSTACH!!!
 DDay555
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 12/31/2007 6:26:01 PM
I'll shave my stash for no one. I've had it since I was 12 and I sure don't want to look 12 again!
 eroch
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 1/3/2008 12:57:03 PM
I keep the areas I like to be kissed clean for the ladies. Neck, cheeks, and upper lip (i dont really like the mustache at all). I just let my goatee and sideburns grow out usually. Some women love the baby face, some like the rugged look. If a woman I really cared for prefered me to shave, I would. Let it grow out? even better. I aim to please.
 RRR70
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 4/29/2008 7:52:03 PM
tired of shaving every day - sleep is more important.
Hiding that double chin that comes with age and more work than working out.
Why not, i'm a man damnit.
 sammysue
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 4/29/2008 8:29:12 PM
OK I personally do NOT like facial hair on a man. I really dislike a mustache and maybe its due to the guy that I went out with that always seemed to collect food in his and I got tired of telling him that it needed tending or trimming. EEeeyyuck.
I also dont like the age it adds to a face OR how it feels on my skin when it touches me -which I remember to be; a sudden sharp tickle mixed with a bit of poking , and finally just an annoying rub that I wanted off me.Yeah made it hard to concentrate on the kiss.
I blame Will Ferrell and his Ron Burgundy character in his broadcaster movie !! It was a comedy guys you werent supposed to do it. :rolleyes
There really is nothing like the feeling of a bit of stubble grazing across the back of my neck tho so I'm not all anti hair. That much hair looks really sexy to me and any rash or tender skin after somehow just doesn't feel bad like a musache rub.
One womans opinion for you.

P.S whatever you look like I enjoy you anyway.
 sirhugsalot
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 4/30/2008 4:35:26 AM
A beard is yuckie.
 mcbobly
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 4/30/2008 10:20:48 AM

Cheap and lazy. Let us see if the rest of the guys with facial hair will admit to the same thing. Myself, i also am cheap and lazy. But the least i can do is drag my sorry self out of bed early enough in the morning to drag a razor over my face to make myself look some what presentable

WTF? Are you trying to say that ALL of us guys that have some facial hair are cheap and lazy? What a total crock of shyt. I have a goatee because I like the way it looks on me, and I do buy razors to shave the rest of the hair, so where does cheap, as a good razor isn't cheap, and lazy, since I do shave every other day, come into play? Dude, that is a totally lame comment, just speak for yourself huh, don't include us in your skewed views on this subject.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 4/30/2008 11:32:30 AM
Most of us like our facial hair when we have it. We'd rather trade you in for a woman that likes us for who we are and why are you asking gals on this forum?
 sammysue
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 5/11/2008 4:44:09 PM
Yes pokerjimmy wouldnt it be sweet if everyone liked each other for who they were. Will you the one dating - if single - women who are really NICE inside but you arent attracted to ? I don't think so.
I think this is a great way to see what the opposite sex is thinking about these compelling issues. You know like do men like women with short hair....it seems that most men like us with long flowing hair but do we run out and change it ? NO ! 'cause we like it the way we like it, but its sure interesting to see what the masses are thinking.
 solver
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 5/11/2008 8:08:47 PM
I worn my beard since the early 70's, keep it trimmed short and well groomed, shave neck and below my lower lip daily. I do this for myself, and like many of my other traits, it's just part of me. To each his or her own.

Solver
 BOIT
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 5/11/2008 11:02:58 PM
When I was young, I think I did it because I felt it made me mature. In my thirties, I liked the way I looked clean-shaven. Later, I liked the way I looked if I had a beard (short and trim), goatee or stash. So...........I think we do it because we like the way it looks. That simple.
 SCUDRUNN3R
Msg: 38
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 5/24/2008 3:20:40 AM
I bloody love my beard. My ex even said she liked it!
In fact most of the gals I've been with seem to like it, and so do I.
*grin
 WeAre1
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 5/24/2008 5:15:12 AM

Gals - Do you like beards? or don't you?

I've always really really liked beards! Does it go back to biblical times, I've often wondered?!
And I think most men look so handsome with a beard too.
My men have always had beards at least for part of the year - one who shaved it for the summer and grew it back in the winter.
Does it scratch? A real beard doesn't scratch, I don't think, nearly as much as the 5:00 shadows that are just a killer! Sadly, I love that look, but I can't go anywhere near it. I think it actually depends on how the hair grows on each man, meaning what direction, etc. For it's not all the same - my last man, no matter how long or short he grew any facial hair, it always killed to kiss him and be kissed because I felt like a pin cushion (needless to say that relationship did not last long :).
The other thing I don't go for is the billy goat look....when men grow their beards really long and straggly.....hmmm...nope not attracted to the zztop look!
 SCUDRUNN3R
Msg: 40
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 5/24/2008 6:04:47 AM
^^^

And there was me thinking about growing a zz-top one.
Damn.
Might still do it tho' ;)
 Loveonfire
Msg: 41
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 5/24/2008 10:36:19 AM
I will never grow my facial hair out to the point where it appears that there is a beard. Those are so hard to shave sometimes. You have to really watch out that you don't cut yourself when you shave along your throat just under your chin, because you don't want to get a cut there as it can bleed easy sometimes and there are major arteries and veins there, that is ONE of the reasons I don't like the facial hair. I occasionally have that "5-oclock shadow" thing going, but thats as far as I let the hair grow, as it relates to my throat area. IF I do facial hair, it is only a soul patch or that chin beard and that's all. I have sideburns, but I don't neccessarily count that as facial hair, thats more of an extention of ones head hair. I just like myself to be clean shaven, I feel the best then.

women don't really want to date Santa.

Well then don't expect to get any presents from him this Christmase if you feel that way!! LOL jk
 joromo
Msg: 42
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 6/12/2008 5:37:46 PM
Facial hair? I find that it interferes with my feeling her soft, smooth, warm skin, beautiful tender lips, especially her delicate sensitive places. I love feeling her face as I kiss and caress with my lips, face, tongue, and even my breath. How would it feel to a woman to have prickly, stabbing hairs on my face as I kiss her, anywhere, everywhere? When I am unshaven, it pushes back into my face as well, even when I had long facial hair. I like to feel her smooth, fresh, clean, skin against my smooth, fresh, clean skin. Facial hair, looking more manly…. or not, when TWO get together and become ONE , NOTHING BEATS SMOOTH SKIN TO SKIN, FACE TO FACE, EYE TO EYE, LIPS TO LIPS, TONGUE TO TONGUE AND HEART TO HEART. I grew up in the Arizona High Sonoran Desert, nothing worse than getting prickly cactus thorns in one's skin, especially Prickly Pear!
Prickly Pear, “common name for plants of a genus of the cactus family. The plants are characterized by flat-jointed stems covered with small clusters of stiff hairs called glochids, and usually also spines.”
Manly Man: is really just a “glochids face” ..........lol

karenrmj
Msg: 43
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:09:24 PM
Now YOU know what I'm talking about.

Well said!
 Happily Ever...maybe
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:20:31 PM
I feel like I have to defend us bearded fellas! I did not grow my beard as I got older; I grew mine when I was 18 and in the Navy, and got tired of having some chief come around every day and tell me to shave when I didn't really need to. And I've had it pretty much ever since. Yes, I've shaved it off a few times, but it just doesn't look like me staring back in the mirror after all these years. I keep it very short and trimmed neat, and go back and forth between a full beard and a goatee. I like the way I look (and don't really like the way I look without it, got compared to Kevin James and Tom Arnold...lol), so I'm keeping it, and any woman who wants to be with me needs to accept me for who I am, beard and all.
 TravelingHomebody
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 6/12/2008 8:32:11 PM
A beard is God's gift -- the world's best marital aid right there on the guy's chin. If he knows how to use it. Which he can be taught!
 karenrmj
Msg: 46
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 6/13/2008 5:10:15 PM
I'd certainly would like to get a look at the women you are talking about.. no one I know has those features...I surely don't...lol
 SpiritGael1
Msg: 47
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 6/21/2008 2:34:51 AM
Hair rules.! If ya don't like facial hair - I guess you really just don't like men. It's a secondary sexual characteristic -right ? So not liking hair on a guy is like not liking tits on a chick. But, hey - to each his/her own.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 48
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 7/5/2008 3:52:01 PM
So
Gals - Do you like beards? or don't you?
Guys- What with the facial hair? Do you think it looks more "manly" ??

It depends, for the most part I like a guy with a well trimmed mustache/beard/goatee but then again it depends on the man. It does tend to leave red marks on my skin though.
 Frankycadillac
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Guys with facial hair.
Posted: 7/9/2008 5:03:36 PM
Its basically this, far as I can tell.

I think all women deep down like beards.
But how often does the average woman see a good beard?

Like a Bob Vila beard. They were big back in the 80s, werent they?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Guys with facial hair.