Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 alleyTcat
Msg: 70
Who admits to using drugs?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I have to go with the >civilized culture< ive know to many drunks and never some one so stoned they act more a fool then a drunk. Im from the old school on drugs to me pots ok but the harder one will kill u and booze will get u there just as fast. i drink ber but not to get drunk i smoke pot and not just for the high.. know that sounds crap but u can have a beer with food to enjoy the tast mix or just to relax a bit and a little buzz doesnt hurt if ur not a jerk. i indulge in hurb and have for most my life hasnt screwed me up just keeps my mind in line grew up with A.D.D. had me on pill at the good age of 8 and it sucked but with pot its easyer to keep ur mind on one thing at a time and finish what ur doing with out turning a mole hill into a mountain
 jmark4
Msg: 71
Who admits to using drugs?
Posted: 8/30/2011 3:23:50 AM
I drink and smoked pot once in college and hated it so I don't have to admit to anything.

I would not date a drug user. I get drug tested and it's just not what I want in my life, including pot.
 Brady.
Msg: 72
Posted: 9/2/2011 3:17:22 PM
Right here sir!
Medical Cannabis Patient! Never broke a law in my life (except for that red light) and never will. I abide by California law and am proud that my state is one of the few where I can admit to cannabis use with out fear of a knock on my door.

I use cannabis to treat chronic pain that pops up every once in a while as opposed to narcotics which are 1)hard to get 2)horrible for your body. As a health nut I would rather used a plant to ease pain rather than pills someone made in a lab.

I admit to drug use on my profile as I feel it would be dishonest of me to represent myself as a non-user but POF does not allow one to distinguish in between legal use and illegal abuse.
 Brady.
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/2/2011 7:10:03 PM
No sir. The hemlock plant is poisonous. I have no reason to ingest the hemlock plant. This is a logical fallacy called a red herring. Applying hemlock to this situation makes no sense.

I suggest you give this a good read. It is
OPINION AND RECOMMENDED RULING, FINDINGS OF
FACT, CONCLUSIONS OF LAW AND DECISION OF
Administrative LAW JUDGE.
FRANCIS L. YOUNG, Administrative Law Judge
DATED: SEP 6 1988
cannabis-science.com/content/DEA%20Ruling%20Judge%20Young.pdf

In case you do not feel like reading it I present you with my favorite passage:
“At present it is estimated that marijuana’s LD-50 is around1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response."
 pinkoleander
Msg: 74
Posted: 9/2/2011 7:39:56 PM
Coffe eis a drug,

No coffee is not a drug as it does not impair your judgement. You can drive and operate heavy machinery.

It's only since"civilized" culture came to be that drugs of mind altering abilities have diminished. All cultures had some form of this.

I don't know what "civilized culture" means. Please name some uncivilized cultures which use "mind-altering drugs"
If you are referring to the natives of North and South America for example (peyote etc.), those drugs were considered sacred and used exclusively in religious contexts. People did not sit around getting high for the fun of it.
In some South American countries people chew coca leaves which when processed and distilled eventually produce cocaine but in leaf form are not much stronger than tobacco. (I've tried it-nasty) they use it as an appetitite suppressant and it helps them work longer because it produces a slight euphoria. Although in the 16th century (i.e. historically) these leaves were also sacred and used in religious rites.
Modern pharmacuticals came originally from plants. If you think "herbal" medicines are safer or more "natural" than plant based drugs, make an appointment with a gastroentologist and ask him how many people with liver failure he's treated from taking "herbs" Also can cause kidney failure.
If you want to smoke up go right ahead but don't pretend that you're not different than any other recreational drug user.
If you're able to have spiritual experiences without drugs then I applaud you. I've had a few myself and they blow drugs out of the water.
 Rain587
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/2/2011 8:48:53 PM
When I hear of people using pot for pain, I think bedridden, barely moving, using canes, walkers, or wheel chairs. Not people out hiking, dancing, etc. So to me, it's recreational.

And before you say I have no idea about pain, I have a chronic illness with pain 24/7 but I've learned to get off the legal prescriptions and do Tai Chi, better eating habits, and now that I'm taking Vitamin D I rarely take a Tylenol.

As for the OP being a cop - thank you! I like having protection. I know there are a few that let it go to their heads but not all are that way.

Pot impairs the reaction time so if you want to fill your lungs up, go for it just don't be driving.

For some people - depending on their personality traits - pot can lead to harder drugs, loss of job, family, more. My 1st ex started smoking it with his brother when we were married a awhile. Eventually went to meth. He started beating me and I left. His excuse was it hid his pain.

As for the button for drug use. Pretty sure it means illegal drugs and being hooked on pain meds can qualify since no one doctor will over fill a prescription so many who are hooked hit up several doctors to get their "fix". Just saying.....
 JBael
Msg: 76
Posted: 9/2/2011 10:10:24 PM

When I hear of people using pot for pain, I think bedridden, barely moving, using canes, walkers, or wheel chairs. Not people out hiking, dancing, etc. So to me, it's recreational.

This is California, thanks to prop 420 and sb 215, what it is to you doesn't matter.

And before you say I have no idea about pain, I have a chronic illness with pain 24/7 but I've learned to get off the legal prescriptions and do Tai Chi, better eating habits, and now that I'm taking Vitamin D I rarely take a Tylenol.

You ever been in combat? No? You have no idea about pain...stress either for that matter.

Pot impairs the reaction time so if you want to fill your lungs up, go for it just don't be driving.

"According to clinical trial data published in the March issue of the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, subjects tested both before and after smoking marijuana exhibited virtually identical driving skills in a battery of driving simulator tests. Researchers in the double-blind, placebo-controlled trial tested 85 subjects -- 50 men and 35 women -- on simulated driving performance. The subjects had to respond to simulations of various events associated with vehicle crash risk, such as deciding whether to stop or go through a changing traffic light, avoiding a driver entering an intersection illegally, and responding to the presence of emergency vehicles. Subjects were tested sober and again a half hour after having smoked a single medium-potency (2.9% THC) joint or a placebo.
The investigators found that the subjects' performance before and after getting stoned was virtually identical. "No differences were found during the baseline driving segment (and the) collision avoidance scenarios," the authors reported. Nor were there any differences between the way men and women responded.

Researchers did note one difference. "Participants receiving active marijuana decreased their speed more so than those receiving placebo cigarettes during (the) distracted section of the drive," they wrote. The authors speculated that the subjects may have slowed down to compensate for perceived impairment. "[N]o other changes in driving performance were found," researchers concluded.

Past research on marijuana use and driving has yielded similar results as well, including a 2008 driving simulator clinical trial conducted in Israel and published in Accident, Analysis, and Prevention. That trial compared the performance of drivers after they had ingested either alcohol or marijuana. "Average speed was the most sensitive driving performance variable affected by both THC and alcohol but with an opposite effect," the investigators reported. "Smoking THC cigarettes caused drivers to drive slower in a dose-dependent manner, while alcohol caused drivers to drive significantly faster than in 'control' conditions.""

My 1st ex started smoking it with his brother when we were married a awhile. Eventually went to meth. He started beating me and I left.

1st? did your second marriage fall apart because your husband was smoking pot, or did it have something to do with you? BTW meth is not pot...meth is legal and according to the fda, safe to prescribe to children and adults over the age of 6...synthetic heroin, according to the fda, is a safe and effective painkiller and can be prescribed to children and adults over the age of 3.
 JBael
Msg: 77
Posted: 9/2/2011 10:26:20 PM

No coffee is not a drug as it does not impair your judgement. You can drive and operate heavy machinery.

Yes it is...well more accurately, caffeine, the reason people drink coffee, is a drug...it is the world's most widely abused psychoactive substance...you can drive or operate heavy equipment when you're drunk, doesn't mean it's legal, safe, or advisable to do so.

"according to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, caffeine can cause restlessness, nervousness, excitement, insomnia, flushing of the face, increased urination, gastrointestinal disturbance, muscle twitching, a rambling flow of thought and speech, irritability, irregular or rapid heartbeat, and psychomotor agitation. Larger doses can cause mania, depression, lapses in judgment, disorientation, disinhibition, delusions, hallucinations, and psychosis. Large amounts of caffeine, in some cases, can induce anxiety severe enough to require medical attention. The British Journal of Addiction concluded that "caffeinism," although infrequently diagnosed, may afflict as many as one person in ten of the population."
 pinkoleander
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/2/2011 10:39:01 PM
^^You are ridiculous. But then I suppose you've had too much coffee today or smoked too much weed. And you have no idea whatsoever about chronic pain or pain levels in general. Go back and drink some more coffee now before you sober up.
 JBael
Msg: 79
Posted: 9/2/2011 10:45:42 PM
you're facing clear evidence that your drug of choice is in fact a drug, and what do you do? Deny!...you're in stage 3...fortunately there is a place people like you (addicts) can go for help: http://caffeineanonymous.org/

1. Delight and Discovery
2. Protection and Promotion
3. Defense and Denial
4. Resentment and Relapse
5. Acceptance and Abstinence
6. Growth and Gratitude
 pinkoleander
Msg: 80
Posted: 9/2/2011 11:19:49 PM
Really? I'm in denial? I stopped drinking caffeinated coffee and tea in my 20's because it aggravated a medical condition I had which was harmless but excruciatingly painful (as it's personal I won't describe it here but many women could benefit.) The occasional cup of decaf coffee/tea doesn't cause any pain.
I predict you won't last long on here. Your posts are bizarre.
 BrownInOrange
Msg: 81
Posted: 9/3/2011 12:26:53 AM
I always wondered this same exact thing. Who admits to this???
 pinkoleander
Msg: 82
Posted: 9/3/2011 8:05:28 AM
Um no, I have no current "feminine problems." My medical problems are not for public consumption nor is my chronic pain.
At the moment of typing this I'm sitting in a wheelchair with my knee blown out due to an accident two weeks ago-knee dislocated and fractured, ligaments and cartilage destroyed, knee cap loose and moving around, debris everywhere inside awaiting surgery which will never really fix this. You know those football players who fall down and cry? It's that injury. I could write a list that would fill this little box of the illnesses and surgeries I've endured in addition to the chronic pain I suffer from an autoimmune illness but I deal with it. I don't compare and contrast with others and their pain or think mine is worse or better.
If all you've had is one accident that caused surgery and pain count yourself lucky there are those far worse off. Pull up your big girl panties.
So man up and quit whining. Can you do that or are you the center of the universe?
 fort white wizard
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 3:03:14 PM
EVERYBODY uses drugs... asprin, tylenol preperation h,.... there are many lifesaving drugs.... it amazes me how people who use the alcohol and nicotene drug condem those who use differrent drugs..... prozac and zoloft are mood altering drugs.... so is marijuana.... whats the difference? "dont talk to me till I have had my coffee" I gotta have a cig.....addictions....

I wish I could be truthful when the question is asked..... I use drugs.....EVERYBODY used drugs..... so many alcoholics have a dim view of those who smoke pot.....what the difference should you inhale or drink.... IT SHOULD BE YOUR CHOICE....
 fort white wizard
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 3:15:33 PM
So you make it sound like anybody who uses anything other than water is indulging in some sort of drug. pretty narrow minded.... I remember Rush Limbaugh.... doctor shopping for his oxy s..... up till the time he was caught he would "damn druggies.... should throw them under the jail.... useless to society...." now he runs his mouth on a different dubject. perhaps coffee is the most used drug..... SO WHAT..... perhaps I smoke pot...SO WHAT... I pay my bills, pay my taxes, work 40 hours..... and MY POT SMOKING CAUSES OTHERS NO PROBLEMS....
I dont like football so instead of paying hundreds of dollars for a 50 yardline ticket, I buy me a sack and watch the sunset....WHO AM I HURTING???' drug use has been here since time began.....it wong go away..... you can jail or execute.... it hasent stopped it yet....look at what happened with prohibition of alchol in the 20s.....gangland violence.... just like Ease LA today
 JohnEDee
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/6/2011 10:50:08 PM
I don't hate cops. But I do hate douche bags that happen to be cops!
 BrandNewDeal
Msg: 86
Posted: 9/9/2011 11:48:04 AM
Right on. I don't smoke personally, but why would I want to stop someone else from doing so? I'm going to clean up my side of the street before I worry about how other people are conducting their lives, particularly if they aren't hurting anyone else in the process. What do I care if someone enjoys smoking pot? It wouldn't stop me from dating them unless I felt it was a problem for me, that we didn't have a good lifestyle match.

So many uptight people. Get a life.
 EsotericSmurf
Msg: 87
Posted: 9/11/2011 9:46:46 PM
Marijuana is reperesented as a 'gateway drug' when in fact it is the tobacco and alcohol that is openly distributed, hence therefore 'The Gateway Drug'. Marijuana has no stress factors, no out of controlivness, is the only susbstance (aside from Magic Mushrooms) cultivated from Our Green Mother Earth that isnt manufactured by some chemical process. Every other substance whether it be Alcohol all the way to Heroin, is manufactured with who knows what, and as well with that comes a simple understanding.... Marijuana gets you high, makes you eat, helps ya sleep, makes for an interesting experience, doesnt cause fights, can be used constructively; Alcohol, Cigarettes, heroin, crack, meth, acid, ecstacy, prescriptiond pills etc. are all "made", some cause fights, others cause hullucinations, and some even make ya clean your house and make ya starve for days at a time, but all those have ingredients that are designed to destroy the overall well-being of the Self
 californiadays
Msg: 88
Posted: 9/12/2011 1:54:03 AM
I believe alot of people lie about using drugs and answer no instead of yes.
Some even look under the influence of drugs, with heavy reddish eyes..
At least some are honest and check the "socially" option.
 dad2stay
Msg: 89
Posted: 9/12/2011 10:42:29 AM
In California 420 is legal so many would admit to that hopefully they are smart enough to do so with a script though

But I agree it is a odd question as most users wouldn't be honest ..At least I assume they wouldn't
 StarCAGirl
Msg: 90
Posted: 9/19/2011 7:26:12 PM
I have an RX for anything I take and/or use. California has a three strike law. That means you will go to jail for a very long time if you "Mess up". I am a productive member of society. I go to work I pay my bills and I don't ask the Government to support me. I do mind when a cop half my age tries to give me a ticket (Or whatever) and his hands are shaking because he is so nervous I am going to beat the crap out of him. Yes I said HIM. A young dumb full of c*** cop that had to call back up because "HE IS AN IDIOT?". Please...
Do I hate cops? That is like saying I hate men or ice cream sellers (cuz I am allergic to dairy).. Or maybe I hate fishermen. Such a generalization. People are people. I am no better than anyone else. But I do have an RX. lol
If I ever date you, you will know first thing what I take or not take because I will be doing it on our first date or not and I expect that from anyone. No I don't do drugs and I would love to date a cop if he had his shit together and was honest. Cops are no different than anyone else. They have problems and I heard they take home the evidence.
 Artchic35
Msg: 91
Posted: 9/20/2011 8:33:40 PM
I thought that was funny they put that on there too. What would be even funnier is "Have you ever done drugs?" Then most, if honest, would have to put yes
 1msnara
Msg: 92
Posted: 9/25/2011 5:09:18 PM
yes, us 25 and up when employed by someone who depends on uus to be drug-free, don't post that you use drugs. I have changed jobs to now be in the medical marijuana trade of sorts, and am slowly making the transition, here and even on facebook with my friends and family. just like pof, there are some out there who are slowly changing the nature of tradition, hopefully.
 DustinLP
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/18/2011 4:44:34 PM
I smoke pot medically for my depression, anxiety, and insomnia. I only smoke at night before bed. Why do so many people have a problem with this? Seems to me that, if you admit to doing drugs on your profile, people think your a bad person. There have been so many girls who's profile reads "Must not do drugs". They sound like wonderful women with great personalities, but won't give me the time of day.
 Hollyjolly420
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/24/2011 3:52:28 PM
People who are honest admit to it. I want to meet people that are into what Im into. If you dont smoke the herbs we wont make a good match, thats just how it is. Some people dont care if they get judged. Thats the best way to live! FREE!
Show ALL Forums  > California  >