Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women over 40 so desperate to get married?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RosemaryandThyme
Msg: 626
Why are women over 40 so desperate to get married?Page 26 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)
Im in no rush either if you have already had one relationship turn sour, why be in a rush.
Id prefer to go slow and be as sure as I could it was working for both of us.
perhaps some people are afraid of being left on the shelf as it were as they get older.
 CheriPink
Msg: 627
view profile
History
Why are women over 40 so desperate to get married?
Posted: 7/26/2009 10:00:06 AM
Hi everyone. I am new, So I haven't really gotten to know you all yet. Probably never will. LOL However; I have belonged to a forum before and generally there are your regulars who post and reply.

I just couldn't help but read this thread on desperate housewives. LOL
Truly most women I know over 40 don't want marriage at all. They want a divorce.

I agree with most all the ladies here. Truly after years of combat with a mate that went bad, the misery, the frustration, the stress of it all, the last thing we want is to be restrained again. OH and please forgive me, there are those who favor that. It is called insecurity, co-dependency and clinicly disturbed. Not to mention a few other fobias.
Is there a spell check on here? LOL
I know I have had my fill of marriage, I have been hurt, heartbroken, put back together, fragile and alone. I am ok alone, but who doesn't want to feel loved, spoiled, adored, and romanced? Passion is one of women over 40's best traits. I am sure the ladies will all agree. Of course it takes a man who is into more then just getting his rocks off.

Hint: Women are of heart, spirit, emotion. Men (not all) are from Mars. Ok some women are from the depths of Mars. LOL
Have a nice day.
Cheri
 nikirosie
Msg: 628
Posted: 7/26/2009 7:02:43 PM
Dude, I think its the women your choosing. I've been down that road before and believe me Im in no hurry to make that mistake again. I doubt I'll ever get married again but the dating part is fun.
You need to screen your ladies better before dating them, and most women I know are not the needy or marriage minded types. Good luck.
 leglover
Msg: 629
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2009 8:22:33 AM
Yippie for all those luscious creatures who have no desire for marriage. Here`s to ya!!!!
 TonySch
Msg: 630
Posted: 7/29/2009 6:20:57 PM
I'm on my 2nd divorce. Not that makes me an expert probably a failure. My feeling is we need people that are special to us, close to us. When we're born that is very important as we age through our early years (teens, 20's and 30's) we become more independant. We become more invincable (sorry 4 years of college and spelling sucks) as we get closer to meeting our maker, we go back to wanting (not nessarily needing) that attention from someone that cares for us deeply. The old saying kicks in once bitten twice shy kicks in. If things your new mate do remind you of things your old use to do. CYA i'm on the run. dont' know if this helps but hey it's free of charge a lot cheaper that a divorce lawyer LOL climbing down off my soap box
 widowsdesire
Msg: 631
Posted: 8/2/2009 1:42:21 PM
I am 54. I am single because my husband died after 18 years of marriage. My marriage was good. I loved being married.

With that said as a background... I am NOT desperate to get married but I WANT to get married some day. I am not in a rush, but I want that committed, til death do us part kind of relationship. I want someone in my life to share the good times and the bad. I want to wake up every morning in the same bed with a man I love and start the day off with a hug and a kiss and maybe if I am lucky, a little time being "one in the flesh". I have a lot of love to give. To me the good times are twice as good when you have someone to share them with. The bad times are only half as bad, because you have someone to support you through them.

I do not NEED to be married. I own my own home, mortgage free. I have enough invested to live out my days. I have a supportive family and plenty of friends. I have a lot to bring to the table. I am not looking for a meal ticket. I want a best friend, lover, life partner to embrace life's ups and downs with me. That does NOT equal desperation.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 632
Posted: 8/2/2009 3:04:13 PM
^^^ What she said.

I guess I never got the memo that told me I was "desperate".
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 633
Posted: 8/3/2009 9:39:20 AM
With that said as a background... I am NOT desperate to get married but I WANT to get married some day. I am not in a rush, but I want that committed, til death do us part kind of relationship. I want someone in my life to share the good times and the bad. I want to wake up every morning in the same bed with a man I love and start the day off with a hug and a kiss and maybe if I am lucky, a little time being "one in the flesh". I have a lot of love to give. To me the good times are twice as good when you have someone to share them with. The bad times are only half as bad, because you have someone to support you through them.I want a best friend, lover, life partner to embrace life's ups and downs with me. That does NOT equal desperation.

That sounds really nice and it's what I would like to experience once in my life someday. I know that a loving person like myself would have no problem living that way. It's the commitment phobe men like the OP and bitter divorcees here that want to piss on the idea that people can make a promise to each other and show mutual enjoyment and respect. What guys like the OP should be saying to women is, "I'll spend time with you sweetie, but only when it is at my own convenience, I'll come over, meet your kids, have you cook for me and eat your food, heck I'll even man up and sleep with ya, as long as I don't have to stick around too long. I never know when Heather Locklear might come knockin on my door. When things get too romantic, I'll just avoid the subject of emotional intimacy by grabbing your ass and telling you how horney I am. "
 aaamm
Msg: 634
Posted: 9/12/2009 6:25:47 AM
I thought I would stay in my house and have a nice local relationship and share everything with that man but living arrangements. I sure was desperate to get married. But I changed my mind about marriage. Meeting the right person, you want to be with them as much as possible. It is amazing how you can be with them and they make you happy just being around
 LdyofIndy
Msg: 635
Posted: 9/12/2009 6:30:47 AM
I'm way over 40, and I've always specified to men when I first talk with them, that marriage is not on my agenda.
So, while I agree that many women over 40 are looking for a husband, (but not necessarily desperate), not all are.

In my experience, it is usually the men who are looking for marriage.
 daffie
Msg: 636
Posted: 9/12/2009 6:54:46 AM
i have also found that men seem more eager to marry....
much more so than the many capable women i know.

no....i'm not generalising....
merely relating what i've found to be true of my acquaintances.
 NewToMichiana
Msg: 637
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2009 7:54:05 AM
How in h*ll do these threads get to be so long,,,

Neither women or men are all that desperate to get married, are they?

Threads like this get prolonged and done to the "Nth" degree only because people are bored,,,

I find that maybe 1% of people mention the word marriage without provocation in a relationship that hasn't gone beyond the words
I Love You

-realizes he should define "provocation"-

"I Love You"
"I want to be with you forever"
"We should be married"
"Oh baby, I want to do this (sex, meals, sharing bathroom time) every day"

The 1% that mentions this without "provocation" needs to find the opposite sex of the 1% (or same sex if you have that orientation) and keep the rest of us safe from having to run,,,

LOVESTRUCK_wannabe
Msg: 638
Posted: 9/12/2009 8:16:01 PM
There has only ever been one person in the last 20 years that I wanted to marry ASAP before we missed the opportunity for the 2nd time regardless of what star-crossed conditions had been dumped on our laps again.

That's it. I'm done. And like my profile says, I'm looking for a longterm live-out relationship.
 chemogirl56
Msg: 639
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2009 12:37:17 PM
well, im over 40 and ive already been married and have no plans to do it again, thats for sure...sorry to hear theyre trying to rush you to the altar! have these women been married before?
 1GenerousMan
Msg: 640
Posted: 9/13/2009 5:50:05 PM
MONEY MONEY MONEY AND MORE MONEY is always the answer to why women want to get married 95 % of the time. They want that security blanket and that is all. For that, your going to get a little sex, maybe good or maybe bad, pay their bills and their kids and relatives too. Better to rent then to buy if your in doubt.
 1GenerousMan
Msg: 641
Posted: 9/13/2009 6:39:25 PM
Ask any of my 3 'x. They hit the Jackpot and were all still good friends because I knew what they wanted and gave it to them.
 truebluetiger
Msg: 642
Posted: 9/13/2009 6:44:46 PM
Because we don't like being LONELY!!!!
Isn't that reason enough?
Not always something to do with your bank account.
Oh, you have a bank account...hmmmm.....
 1GenerousMan
Msg: 643
Posted: 9/13/2009 6:49:15 PM
TB, One of the fastest way's to chase a man away is unfounded, stupid sarcasm
 english lass
Msg: 644
Posted: 9/13/2009 6:50:55 PM
well, like you said, you can't paint (or tar ;)) us all with the same brush... maybe some women are 'desperate' to get married because they feel life's clock ticking away

but maybe some women feel as though that clock could slooooow agonizingly if that ring was wrapped around their finger

personally, i'm not sure that i want to get married again and i'm certainly not in any rush to find out :)
 cotter
Msg: 645
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2009 7:07:23 PM

MONEY MONEY MONEY AND MORE MONEY is always the answer to why women want to get married 95 % of the time. They want that security blanket and that is all. For that, your going to get a little sex, maybe good or maybe bad, pay their bills and their kids and relatives too. Better to rent then to buy if your in doubt.
Well, what about women who have their own money and don't need his?

I don't need a security blanket, I don't have any unpaid bills, my children are not moochers, and neither are my relatives.

I'm not "DESPERATE to get married ... just happen to believe it goes along with the unconditional love we would have for one another.
 kari135
Msg: 646
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2009 7:31:41 PM
"MONEY MONEY MONEY AND MORE MONEY is always the answer to why women want to get married 95 % of the time. They want that security blanket and that is all. For that, your going to get a little sex, maybe good or maybe bad, pay their bills and their kids and relatives too. Better to rent then to buy if your in doubt."

Sounds like you've been meeting all the wrong women.
 1GenerousMan
Msg: 647
Posted: 9/13/2009 7:43:48 PM
kari....No, I meet all the right women I want to meet. Life is so simple, when you know what a woman wants and you give it to her.
 moraima
Msg: 648
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2009 8:12:13 PM
"Life is so simple, when you know what a woman wants and you give it to her."

Why do some need to find needy people of the opposite gender to save?

How do you attempt to date women who already have everything they want because they themselves have earned what the money to pay for their toys?

How do you feel about women who have no desire to date, let alone marry someone who is multiple divorced?

No way do I need the burden of the baggage to marry anyone at this age. Unless I meet a fellow widowed person who has totally healed, I won't even be considering a relationship of any kind.
 Frenchguy2009
Msg: 649
Posted: 9/14/2009 9:46:58 AM
Well if they are already in their 40's and never found a man to get married with before that's probably because there is a serious problem with them...
 scottdehart
Msg: 650
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2009 10:15:16 AM
Women over 40 are desperate to get married??? Ah............................no, most of 'em don't even want to date, much less get married.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women over 40 so desperate to get married?