Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women over 40 so desperate to get married?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kailania
Msg: 640
Why are women over 40 so desperate to get married?Page 28 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)
i agree with Jenny the poster above.
we dont want to settle.
funny Jenny and so true.
i have seen it over and over.
i hope that you will be with a great guy one day very very soon and he will cherish the woman you are.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 641
view profile
History
Why are women over 40 so desperate to get married?
Posted: 2/7/2010 6:25:26 AM
Dunno... the relationships I've been in have gone swimmingly well until the proposal... that's pretty much the beginning of the end...
 ann-orchids
Msg: 642
Posted: 2/7/2010 8:36:09 AM
Not all women over 40 are desperate to get married... as for me i rather be single that in a loveless relationship or be married just to get married... if it happens, fine... if not, then, whatever...
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 643
Posted: 2/7/2010 9:10:19 AM
It's kind of funny. Have you guys noticed that older (over 35) feminists are very ugly, and the younger ones, that were so into it, change their minds around 35 and become housewifes.

Wouldn't that be "housewiVes" (plural)?
I'd rather be ugly than forever immature and shallow judging everyone strictly upon appearance.
Got maturity?

Well, it's pretty simple, it's last call for making babies and to find a "hubby" to support them

Oh yes - because we all want to be tied down with 3 or 4 of your little brats, and are not capable of holding a job.

I know this was a troll post, but I couldn't resist.
 slylett1
Msg: 644
Posted: 2/7/2010 2:24:06 PM
Get a life. Get a clue. You obviously don't have either, since you are here.
I have a job. I have a home. Not all women are looking for a man to support them. They want companionship. Can you say that word? Companionship.
 6citygal1
Msg: 645
Posted: 2/7/2010 3:17:59 PM
I'm divorced. But I'm not in any hurry to get remarried at this moment
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 646
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2010 3:43:44 PM
Funny, how even though the OPost starts out "I know I can't paint all women with this brush...", about every other poster feels the compunction to publicly declare "But I'm not like that!".

Does anybody do anything other than just read the thread title?

Whenever you say anything about any woman which can be construed as being bad, almost all of them blurt out “Not all women are like that.”

Not all birds sh1t on my car either, but I don’t park my car under a pigeon roost unless I want to stop by the car wash on the way home.
 Green Eyed Swede
Msg: 647
Posted: 2/7/2010 8:35:10 PM
HILARIOUS, bearwoman!! Seriously, when will MEN get off their high horse and say we women are "desperate" when facts and studies have shown conclusively that marriage is by FAR a much greater advantage for the men. Of course, there are always exceptions, but men in marriages are often happier than the women. They have someone to cook, clean, nurture them, etc, just like Mom. Meanwhile, the women are getting little of that in return because when a woman receives something loving, she returns in kind. When a man receives somethng loving, he thinks to himself, "Well! I must be doing something right!" and kicks his feet up and does even less to reciprocate. Just in case you're wondering, I'll be 40 in October and I LOVE men (90% of my friends are men) but I have NEVER been in a rush, let alone "desperate" to get married. Thank you God for small favors.
 untamedspirit009
Msg: 648
Posted: 2/7/2010 10:09:02 PM
Woowww!!! I must be missing something here...when did women over fourty become desperate for marriage?...last time well (last week) that I read in the 'forums' we had men going over seas for 'mail order brides'.... come to think of it...where are the 'mail order grooms'???? yaaa....I think I could swipe a 'visa card' for something ...I mean someone who was 'exactly' as I ordered...

1. keeps fit
2. smiles continuiouslyyyyyy
3. cooks three meals a day while being sexually erotic at all times
4. always has the energizer bunny mentality...he keeps on going....
5. keeps the car maintence...
6. tends to the dry cleaning...
7. keeps the yard looking great...
8. keeps the kids updated, AND gets them to all their activities on time, stays and cheers them on etc...
9. maintains a romantic outlook..dresses sexy
10...tends the pool
11. grooms and works the horses..
12..feeds the farm animals and domesticated ones...
13.. greets me with a smile and a hard one...hehehe..
14. and He tends to the endless list.....
15. ohh and key point...he worships meeeeee for giving him a new life of 'freedom'...smirks.

sure sign me up for those mail order grooms...I need a few, as we all know 'one' can not do it all...
 *pisceseyes
Msg: 649
Posted: 2/24/2010 10:10:32 PM
^^^GREAT response...and the studies support it.

http://www.divorcesource.com/CA/ARTICLES/peter1.html

the legal mess is just not worth it IMO, longterm companionship yes but not marriage..I dont see it happening
 ButchofLockhart
Msg: 650
Posted: 5/2/2011 9:34:10 AM
My experience in my younger years is that women are the ones who do not want to get married. I do not know if this changes with age, but frankly, although I still want to get married, I've gotten less desperate over the years.

But I'm going to be honest here, too. You probably make a "decent" wage and women don't like poor men like me. Basically, most women who are still single either love money or do not want to marry.
 Casper66
Msg: 651
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2011 10:08:23 PM
Well I certainly haven't ruled out marriage but I'm not desperate to get married or even live with a guy, just looking for a good relationship with someone who is compatible. I have a great career, family and friends, time to travel and enjoy my interests and hobbies, just missing my partner in crime.
 Vannili
Msg: 652
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2011 11:54:08 PM
Msg.1

It is not desperation that a woman wants to get married at the age of 40 or any other age,the reason is they don't want to be a free milk ,so if a man wants milk he has to buy the Cow...
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 653
Posted: 5/4/2011 7:49:20 AM
I don't actually know any that are desperate to get married, just ones that desperately want to get unmarried.
 magicallaroundme
Msg: 654
Posted: 5/4/2011 9:12:36 AM

It is not desperation that a woman wants to get married at the age of 40 or any other age,the reason is they don't want to be a free milk ,so if a man wants milk he has to buy the Cow
That would be true of women of any age. It couldn't have escaped anybodys notice that the instant a woman gets married she starts turning into a cow.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 655
Posted: 5/5/2011 11:55:32 PM
desperate to get married ? pfft come to my neighborhood, you cant even get out to coffee. god bless that seattle freeze
 ladyc4
Msg: 656
Posted: 5/6/2011 10:34:21 AM
Jazzmin,
I had much the same experience. There was a period of time where I was quite interested in remarriage because being married was what I was used to. But I got through that,and now actually find men who don't want to date me, because I DON'T want to get married or live together.
Cindy O
 NewToTN9
Msg: 657
Posted: 5/6/2011 2:40:17 PM

I don't know if that holds true for the women in their 40s (or I haven't witnessed it). However, I knew a few older gentlemen who dates women in their 50s and 60s and they have witnessed a heightened desire for women wanting to get married at that age. In most cases (according to them) the underlying rational for this increased desire was caused by one or more of the following:
- Access to health insurance
- Underfunded retirement accounts
- Cost of living reductions
- Transfer of pension or other benefits in case of death

http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/retirement-gender-gap-women-less-prepared-0954/
http://medicine.jrank.org/pages/1493/Retirement-Patterns-Gender-retirement.html
 Zephyr70
Msg: 658
Posted: 5/10/2011 2:03:53 PM
At 40, I have too much going for me to ever marry a man and risk losing it. Just sayin'
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 659
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2016 3:44:52 PM
browneyesboo

Oh yeah the free meals. lol!! Who is desperate enough to sit through a meal with some loser just so they save a few bucks?

Oh yeah and the gold diggers. This from guys who have no gold, of course.

oh yeah the third date rule. Who wants to put out just because it is the third time and the guy has spend $20. lol!!

I don't know any woman over 40 who is desperate to get married. Just the reverse. Once they have had their families. are divorced and free, the last thing they want is to be the domestic slave or dealing with his kids from the previous relationship. Unless of course they are really supportive of each other, genuine in their feelings, it is financially beneficial to all and then nothing better.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 660
Posted: 2/9/2016 8:02:41 PM
I don't know any woman over 40 who is desperate to get married. Just the reverse. Once they have had their families. are divorced and free, the last thing they want is to be the domestic slave or dealing with his kids from the previous relationship. Unless of course they are really supportive of each other, genuine in their feelings, it is financially beneficial to all and then nothing better.

---

Exactly. I know more women my age who DON'T want to get married than I those who do. I don't, I'm very happy just living in my beautiful house with my kids and just going out on dates when I feel like it. I don't need to wash somebody else's underwear again to feel "complete". I was married before for 20 years, and I'm good.
 lil_poppy
Msg: 661
Posted: 2/9/2016 8:34:00 PM
I'm sure there are more than a few men that would like the same gig ^^^^. Have some woman take them out, pay the bill, have some sex and then go home, to their own home. Why would a man want to marry again either. Most men feel the same way - been there/done that/have the divorce papers.

BTW, I think it's an age thing with both genders. Both genders are questioning "why marry again?" It's not like someone in their late 40s and beyond wants to start a family, most are content in their living space, work space, head space. Why clutter it up? Personally, I like a shared home and a shared life, but that's just me.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 662
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2016 9:02:02 PM
ahh Karma, how I wish I was 45 again and fit!!!!. I would be doing exactly as you are. Internet dating had more stigma than it does now and meeting people was harder than it is now also.

It is my experience that it is the men that want the marriage situation again, mainly I guess they want someone to run their house etc and it is well known that men do not do well alone, as women do. A hot guy with plenty going on can have his pick of women and wine and dine them etc and move on to the next beauty but the average guy really wants some kind of steady domestic set up. Correct me if I am wrong, guys.
 Lasthookbringsme
Msg: 663
Posted: 2/10/2016 1:18:37 AM

I'm sure there are more than a few men that would like the same gig ^^^^. Have some woman take them out, pay the bill, have some sex and then go home, to their own home.

I don't relate to those type of men.

Why would a man want to marry again either. Most men feel the same way - been there/done that/have the divorce papers.

I seek like men who do want to re-marry.

BTW, I think it's an age thing with both genders. Both genders are questioning "why marry again?"

...and I answer: WHY NOT!

It's not like someone in their late 40s and beyond wants to start a family, most are content in their living space, work space, head space.

I'm in my early forties and I'd love to have another chance at having another baby (I just don't prefer to raise somebody else's children). I work from home and I'm also a home-maker happily chained to my stove and washing machine. My life is centered around my home and academic life (whether I center it here or abroad). But that's me.
 lil_poppy
Msg: 664
Posted: 2/10/2016 5:51:15 AM

I'm sure there are more than a few men that would like the same gig ^^^^. Have some woman take them out, pay the bill, have some sex and then go home, to their own home.

I don't relate to those type of men.

I'm sure you don't relate to those type of men. I was pointing out that many women are happy to date around, have men pick up the tab, have fun, have sex and then go home.....and that many men would probably like the same gig - have a woman take them out, pay the tab, have fun, have sex and then go home. Some women supplement their income quite nicely by having a few dates every week.

So no, you wouldn't relate to this type of men, you're used to being the one catered to and paid for. Just guessing, I don't know for sure.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women over 40 so desperate to get married?