Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OutMind
Msg: 6
condoms who is responsible for bringing them?Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Women, get over yourselves. Buy condoms. In fact, buy a bottle of wine at the same time. When you get to the cash register, smile at the poor pimple ridden kid that will swipe your items through the register. He will think you rock. So there's no embarrassment. My problem is that they are kept locked here in the South. So I have to ask some pharmacist young girl were they are. But no biggy. Some times she gives me a smirk. Sometimes she tidys up a little bit, and tells me half embarrassed where to go, or gives me the key to the counter.

Who should provide the condoms? Women fill very uncomfortable at appearing to be slutty if they firt pop the condom. I think it is a mechanism hard wired into their minds. So they are not going to do it. However. The question of protection is not up to the man. It is up to the woman. She should ask, question, suggest. "Do you have a condom?" To which typical idiotic guy says. "Ahh, ahh, Should have I?" Hello, there! Now, dudes, you should carry condoms with you AT ALL TIMES. You were once a boy scout, right? So be always prepared. If she freaks, tell her it's scout honor. To the girl that found out that her prince didn't have a condom, but he is so cute, maybe he doesn't have any diseases. Okay, this is what happens. He will try to convince you it is okay. You will believe him because you are a sucker that things only playas keep condoms with themselves. Now you are fvcked. And not in the literal sense, which would have been fun, but in the metaphorical sense, since you do not know where that boy had dipped his pen. And now he is sharing it with you. Hoohumm.

So remember, you didn't nor want to come across as a slut. That is not me talking, but women psychology about themselves. So what do you do. Pull the condom yourself. "Here honey, I have one." Slut. Slut. Slut alert! Actually this is playing on your head, because the dude doesn't give a sh!t. He is happy you have a condom. So what to do. Now some people in this realm of Fish think that you should go now. "Oh, be yourself, all this is playing games." Bull, and more bull. Courtship is a game. Regardless if you want to play it over six months of wishing he would embrace you or two dates or even the one night thing. So what do you do girl?

Act stupid but with a purpose. Give him a big sigh, then tell him that you don't have any condoms, but you may have some in the bathroom somewhere. So who knows where they may be. If you're in a different place. Come up with something different. The whole purpose is to stall a little, but in the end, is to take control of your own fvcking life and don't let some loser do you because you like him unprotected.

Now, I had this dilemma, just recently. She was supposed to buy condoms, but forgot. I didn't have my gym bag where I knew I had some condoms. She said "oh, I forgot go get any condoms." I checked my wallet. Empty. Had used my last one. So I said. Sorry, it ain't going to happen tonight. We still had an awesome time. But no sex that night. By the way, the buy condoms and wine idea was hers. I sat back and watched the whole thing. Priceless. She enjoyed tremendously as well.

So, whose responsibility? Both!
 OutMind
Msg: 8
condoms who is responsible for bringing them?
Posted: 10/15/2007 9:35:03 PM
Okay, you sh!t heads, this thread is good. So don't cancel it. There's a lot of good talk, agree or disagree that can come of this post. So let it live.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2007 9:57:30 PM
Well, tell them that it is the male's responsibility but if they are going to be so stupid, they should stfu when they have to go home wanting something they can't have. And if the guy is dumb enough to think you are a slut because you have a condom do you want him? He should be worried you are a slut without condoms.
 Theghostofyou
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/15/2007 10:10:01 PM
If u wanna have sex then its ur responsibility to bring em.. guy or girl. Don't matter.
 Cynderella
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2007 10:49:34 PM
Both... double the protection...double the pleasure!
 Rythmn
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2007 12:36:13 AM
livvy, i will tell you what i tell my boy and my girls. if you insist on casual sex, sure always carry condems--both girls and boys. but i must tell you. they don't cover enough. and not many boys or girls carry, let alone use a vaginal damn. to be honest, i myself have never used one. but again, i restrict myself to true significant others.

papillo virus and herpes (just to name two) can be spread from/to areas outside/around the condom. many people carry these viruses and can pass w/o being obviously infected. about 85 percent of the population carries either oral or genital herpes virus--mostly oral. but oral can be passed to genital. no insurance company wants to deal with this (would take away from their profit), so they only act upon it when someone comes in with a lesion.

only recently have they developed tests to even distinguish who carries which kind. no one takes them, insurance does not cover them. most people cannot afford or take something like valtrex.

so, to say the least carry condoms. but moreseo look at stats and don't think it will never happen to you. as much as i feel your pain, i would not take sex that casually in today's world and be sure to sleep with someone i know very well and care about (mutually). it has nothing to do with morality. in my day, i fought hard for women's sexual rights. however, today it has to do with your own personal safety and future.

so, this is why G-d gave you all a hand while you are waiting!

ps never leave a drink on a counter either nowadays. i was talking to local police. date rate drugs are getting even scarier. you would not be able to use the condom, even if you wanted to do. i truly feel badly for this generation. it's a bummer.
 lalby
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/16/2007 3:37:23 AM
I think that if you know you may have sex then you should be prepaired.Its always worth having backup rather thanbe dissapointed or unprotected.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2007 6:42:08 AM
Both

Take responsibility

Just sayin'
 OutMind
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/16/2007 7:12:58 AM

or we just ...well..HE pulls out.

It's interesting that you say this, because about 4 different women that I have talked to, this is how they first got pregnant.
 OutMind
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/16/2007 7:32:12 AM

So now when I buy condoms, I buy something else that is totally different and maybe a little weird ..... makes check out alot more fun!!! hehehe

This could be really fun. Get a box of condoms and a pineapple, then walk to the cash register with the lady that looks like she goes to church 5 times a week. When she looks at you, wink at her. Hahahaha.
 Rythmn
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2007 8:12:40 PM
faour, have a friend buy them for you. too bad you don't live nearby. after my lecture and my neighbor's lecture on condoms to my kid (my neighbor was in charge of marketing for a big condom company)--my kid went to costco and bought a huge box! it's sitting there, waiting. kind of the family joke.

lvvy h, you are a wonder and clearly an old soul. first of all you have worked on any "shame" issues from being date raped and love your daughter for who she is and not what transpired. second of all, you are willing to use your experience to knock some sense into many other people your age, who despite all the sex ed courses, appear to know very little (i said many, not all). i have no doubt that we will be hearing from you on many other issues and many other levels--watch outo hillary c and mr. obama! you go girl. ps you also look a lot like my eldest daughter--she also rocks!

regarding condom breakage. beware! it my day, girls wanting to get pregnant and forceland a husband would pin prick them. nowadays some of the boys are doing it "for fun" or to "get even". you would not want to hear what i told them. however, i think they got sober fast after that. people do not think that a child could be at stake. most have even forgotten that was what it was originally all about!
 Wild,Wild male to tame
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/23/2007 3:25:25 PM
you are a godsend
 no_1_bby
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2007 10:03:01 AM
Well... IMO both should be responsible, but I was taught to be a good boy scout.. so I'm always prepared... even if HE isn't. Plus right now I'm not on chemical BC, so it's a matter of not wanting another child, as well as disease prevention and just plan common sense. If I think there's a possibility, I pack a couple along with me. Hopefully he feels the same and has brough a few of his own as well.
 Wild,Wild male to tame
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/31/2008 6:25:31 AM
I am not prepared for sex, glad the women are
 flyingiguana
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 10:40:33 AM
i always have to bring my own, woman seem to only buy smaller sizes...
 ShadowLands
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 12:15:15 PM

Doesn't every woman have a spare pair of panties and a few condoms in her handbag? Oh God.. is it just me?

I like you already.
 jf468
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/31/2008 3:22:27 PM
Ideally it should be the man, but I would always bring condoms in case he didn't have any condoms for whatever reason.
 that sam i am
Msg: 83
Posted: 4/18/2008 6:16:48 PM
Whoever wants sex more has to bring the condoms. Sometimes women will 'steal' condoms from the men's condom jar.
 twoshadows2
Msg: 86
Posted: 4/19/2008 5:56:05 AM
Considering how available condoms are it would have been just as easy for her to bring one,especially if she knew she wanted to have sex. I always made sure I had a couple with me when I was dating someone,but I can't actually recall even one time the lady brought one.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >