Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forum101
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Pets in BedPage 3 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
My cat Yogi sleeps at the foot of my bed, everynight. It is his job to keep my feet warm since I dont have a SO. I cant sleep if my feet are cold. I guess sometimes in the night I must kick at him, cause in the morning he is usually laying off to the side.
 supersnuggle
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 3/18/2008 9:19:14 PM
This is a true story, believe it or not! My girlfriend's little chihuahua sleeps in the bed with her. When I am there, the dog hops up in bed with us, as soon as we get in bed. As soon as we start getting frisky, the dog jumps up, jumps off the bed and leaves the room. We don't say anything to her at all, she just gets up and leaves.

Now the funny part...as soon as we are finished, and things get quiet, she comes right back in , hops on the bed, and snuggles right up with us. My girlfriend and I usually snuggle in the spooning position, she in front of me. The dog gets in the same position, right in front of my girlfriend.

That is one smart dog!
 forum101
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 3/18/2008 9:41:55 PM
supersnuggle said:
Pets in Bed
Posted: 3/19/2008 1214 AM
This is a true story, believe it or not! My girlfriend's little chihuahua sleeps in the bed with her. When I am there, the dog hops up in bed with us, as soon as we get in bed. As soon as we start getting frisky, the dog jumps up, jumps off the bed and leaves the room. We don't say anything to her at all, she just gets up and leaves.

Now the funny part...as soon as we are finished, and things get quiet, she comes right back in , hops on the bed, and snuggles right up with us. My girlfriend and I usually snuggle in the spooning position, she in front of me. The dog gets in the same position, right in front of my girlfriend.

That is one smart dog!

That's a good dog!!!!!!
 fancynanci
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 3/19/2008 4:19:07 PM
the only type of animal I want in my bed...is a wonderful man
 sensidom
Msg: 237
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/9/2008 5:52:04 AM
Ive got two delicious cats and they sleep in my bed. difficult but not impossible to find women who are cool with that. I also watch them with a live feed when im out of town. am i too far gone or what
 Merrylass
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/9/2008 6:42:30 AM
When I was married, we had 4 cats (less than one per room ). There were times all 6 of us were piled up together. It was very cozy Nothing finer than falling asleep to the sound of a purring kitty!
 Happily Ever...maybe
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/9/2008 7:00:40 AM
Wow, I went through this a few months ago with a woman I was seeing. She had a small Jack Russell, and while he was a real good dog, to my way of thinking there is a time and a place for pets, and sleeping in the bed isn't it. Not only did this little guy sleep in the bed, but he burrowed under the covers and would try to wedge his way between us or sleep on my feet (he was using me to stay warm...lol). And of course, he was permitted to have run of the house, and the bed, while we were trying to do things other than sleep. It was distracting to say the least, a little inconsiderate, and far too permissive as far as I was concerned. It wasn't the deciding factor in my ending that relationship, but it certainly played a part.

I know when I was married we used to let our dog Bailey come upstairs with us when we first went up, and were reading or watching TV, but when it came time to turn off the lights, Bailey went back downstairs and slept in his crate. Heck, I'd even be OK with a dog sleeping in the bedroom, but on the floor. I really love dogs and having them around, but I draw the line at them sleeping in the bed.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 240
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/9/2008 7:54:07 AM
It's funny that this thread is still going - it's just a matter of dating people that share your ideas.

If you're both animal lovers, pets on the bed won't matter to either one of you. If one of you isn't - then you're not matched, and neither person should have to adapt to the other to make it work. If that does happen tho, and you don't like someone's pets on their bed while you're there then do sleepovers at your house or go home and sleep in your own bed - it's just not your house or something you have any say in. Problem solved. How hard is this to figure out?

In the early stages of getting to know each other, discuss things like this so that you know before you get involved what's going on. That way you can move on if you both don't agree with the same stuff...makes way more sense.
 rescuebiker
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/9/2008 11:58:45 PM
I agree Goddess of Dreams, I have tried dating woman that do this and it doesn't work. Have you ever had you ass scratched by a cat while making love. Or Had I dog pounce on you anyone. I love animals but, not in the bed room, while you are being Intimate with your Lover. I wouldn't go and get in my dog's, Dog house! So, why have pets in the bed when you are making love?Enjoy your Love Making, with or without Pets in the Bed. Bye
Doc
 Scorpiodaddy4U
Msg: 247
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/10/2008 12:21:08 AM
My Boa constrictor..... Had ya there for a second didn't I
I have a little poodle mix.Very loyal, very obedient. She sleeps at the foot of the bed and doesn't bother a soul. When it's time to get freaky out she goes.
 The Artful Codger
Msg: 248
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/10/2008 12:25:42 AM
Do you let your pets sleep with you when you are in a relationship?
Absolutely.
If so, what do you say to your "squeeze" if they object?
Don't run, or they'll chase you down, and remember to shut the gate on your way out...
What kind of pet do you have?
One 60 lb. farter + One 55 lb. drooler + One 75 lb. farter/drooler.
Would you dump your honey if they objected.
Faster than you can say "Sit Ubu, Sit".
 flyingiguana
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/10/2008 4:10:12 AM
after reading threads about all the married people on this site. me thinks there are lots of dogs in the beds of people from this pond
 Net_Eng_66
Msg: 261
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/12/2008 10:44:02 PM
My Rotty sleeps with me, and he's a bed hog..!!! When the kids come down, I have 2 Rotty's in bed with me

When I "have someone over", he knows that he has to stay on the floor of course
 Net_Eng_66
Msg: 263
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/12/2008 11:33:58 PM
Well stated...

If it's not a Rottweiler...it's just a snack....
 supersnuggle
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/13/2008 10:22:01 AM

I WONT EVEN GO OUT WITH A LADY THAT HAS A PET, OH MAYBE ABIRD OF WHICH I CANT SEE. RAY

I hate to tell you, Ray, but you won't be having many dates if you stick to that requirement. I have been out with about 25 different women in the past year or so, and at least 90% had a cat or dog in the house. Most let the pet sleep with them, too. I have had several "threesomes" with pets. Not usually a problem.
 bootymon
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/13/2008 11:06:59 AM
I am huge dog lover but the fur bag never is allowed in my bed.
 clasact
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/13/2008 5:23:57 PM
Well, I can't say as I MIND it. But they are not allowed, unless one of them is sick and needs me to hold their paw, then I acquiesce. One weighs 82 lbs and one weighs 60 lbs, where am I gonna sleep if I allow this?
They sleep in the room......but I'd have to put them out on intimate occassions (should that ever happen again. LOL) they are a herding breed and like to stare, I couldn't have that. LOL
 The Artful Codger
Msg: 282
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/13/2008 6:19:07 PM

Pets smell no matter how much you bathe them

This is rich, coming from a smoker...

...would you have sex in the same bed your baby was sleeping in? I wouldn't.

And this is rich too, coming from someone who eats babies...
 CASEY1052
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/13/2008 6:42:26 PM
i just lost my dog of 16 , whom i had since she was 7 months old and we rescued each other..my boyfriend objected to her in the bed, he was a huge help with her though, so when it was near the end i had him stay at his place as i wanted to spend every second with her and have her in my bed. he understood . if it had been 15 years ago when we met i wouldnt have seen him as he doesnt like a dog in the bed and i wouldnt' kick her out of my bed for anyone.. their love is unconditional..i miss her so....
 austin_danna
Msg: 306
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/14/2008 1:10:15 PM
I fully agree. My golden sleeps in the bed with me and my boyfriend, and all three of us sleep like rocks. Sometimes the cat even jumps up to get in on the snuggles. As long as the linens, pets, and owners stay clean, then smells and shedding aren't a problem. I could argue that some single men who sleep alone had filthier beds than mine with the dog...
 clasact
Msg: 307
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/14/2008 1:25:16 PM
*BLUESMAN*!!! You are a lawyer for the luvva Pete!!! I have never known a lawyer _not_ to argue with anyone or anything!! Including a dog! I have now lived to see it ALL! I worked for many lawyers for 15 years.........I never knew ONE of them _not_ to argue about anything. ~holds head in hands~ Heck, one was even arguing with the bathroom door at the court house one day when he couldn't get it open..........I said, "You have to push.........not pull the door. So says the sign".
 akmusic
Msg: 308
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/14/2008 1:33:18 PM
Do not let pets sleep in bed. Been there done that, especially with little dogs like Yorkies who will run across your body while your trying to sleep. This is definitely a deal breaker in a relationship. Some people put pets on the same plane as children, I say run like hell if you meet someone like that, they definitely have issues.
 Merrylass
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/14/2008 2:15:49 PM
Pets smell no matter how much you bathe them

Maybe dogs do. Cats smell great. I miss sticking my nose in my cat's fur and breathing in his smell - warm, clean fur is lovely. Cats wash much more than humans ever do - it's their second-favourite pastime (after sleeping). I think the people who are all squiked out about Pet! HAIR! on the BED! are bordering on OCD. It's just hair!
 The Artful Codger
Msg: 313
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/15/2008 12:39:41 AM
^^^Go pay some attention to your dog, he deserves it more than we do, and will appreciate your company more ... I can guarantee it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >