Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CASEY1052
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Pets in BedPage 8 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
i just lost my dog of 16 , whom i had since she was 7 months old and we rescued each other..my boyfriend objected to her in the bed, he was a huge help with her though, so when it was near the end i had him stay at his place as i wanted to spend every second with her and have her in my bed. he understood . if it had been 15 years ago when we met i wouldnt have seen him as he doesnt like a dog in the bed and i wouldnt' kick her out of my bed for anyone.. their love is unconditional..i miss her so....
 clasact
Msg: 307
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/14/2008 1:25:16 PM
*BLUESMAN*!!! You are a lawyer for the luvva Pete!!! I have never known a lawyer _not_ to argue with anyone or anything!! Including a dog! I have now lived to see it ALL! I worked for many lawyers for 15 years.........I never knew ONE of them _not_ to argue about anything. ~holds head in hands~ Heck, one was even arguing with the bathroom door at the court house one day when he couldn't get it open..........I said, "You have to push.........not pull the door. So says the sign".
 Merrylass
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/14/2008 2:15:49 PM
Pets smell no matter how much you bathe them

Maybe dogs do. Cats smell great. I miss sticking my nose in my cat's fur and breathing in his smell - warm, clean fur is lovely. Cats wash much more than humans ever do - it's their second-favourite pastime (after sleeping). I think the people who are all squiked out about Pet! HAIR! on the BED! are bordering on OCD. It's just hair!
 The Artful Codger
Msg: 313
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/15/2008 12:39:41 AM
^^^Go pay some attention to your dog, he deserves it more than we do, and will appreciate your company more ... I can guarantee it.
 fancynanci
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/15/2008 4:12:32 PM
The only animal I want in my bed................is a hungry man
 clasact
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/15/2008 4:14:24 PM
^^^^agrees with *fancynanci*
 clasact
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/15/2008 5:39:03 PM
Yeah, HappynReal, I have herding breeds.......they stare a lot at any moving object(s) before beginning the "round up" ..........I'm not comfortable with THAT LOL.

HappynReal wrote-*........I just wouldn't like them watching........... well,....... you know! That's just weird!

And Oh, so wise Outofthedesert, thank you for THAT........and lest we not forget, FLEA season is now upon much of the country.
 clasact
Msg: 331
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/16/2008 11:40:56 AM
-Bluesman2008-You are one in a million........certainly a mystery wrapped in an enigma! That's great. Power trips aren't attractive in anyone. If you didn't live so far away I would come over just to make certain you were REAL. LOL

I was the law firm's investigator (insurance co. defense lawyers) for years. Most of them had dogs and bought them to work with them and slept with the dogs too.

ONE time and only ONE time, I was asked by one (a new, young, Jr. assoc., piss and vinegar type) to take his dog outside to potty......What?? Not that I minded you see, but it kind of surprised me. But it shouldn't have. ~grin~

I said, "Sure, why not........I'm the most expensive dog walker you'll ever meet, my time is money also. And oh, this is gonna be hell on your overhead, but Okaaayyyy" . He looked at me (I could see the lightbulb slowly brightening) and he yelled for his paralegal to do it. lol. His first encounter with me.........the "of counsel" came out of his office just in time to witness this exchange and said to me, "You have my permission to take him out back and smack him up side of his head (Jr. assoc) anytime you want." Then "of counsel" (who happened to have one of his rare trial appearances that day) turned to "Mr. Wet BehindTheEars Jr. assoc. and said......."She doesn't have time for that and she's right. My defense case starts in about 30 min. and SHE'S my first witness. What am I supposed to do, tell the judge......Oh, your honor the witness will be in very shortly, if we could just have a min. or two, she's taking the office dog for a crap"............ ROFLMAO . Which reminded of this when you posted your "smack him upside the head" law student story. LOL
 jadegreen
Msg: 337
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/17/2008 3:15:16 PM
I don't do pets in the house....Animals do not have the same skills as humans do...they can't go to the bathroom and wash their hands before dinner time etc...they can't wipe their behinds after doing their businesss on the lawn....they are extra work when they are in the house...and I don't have time for it.....For house pets you have to make "arrangements" or take them with you when you travel.....I love animals, but that is simply the facts for me....some dogs also shed a lot of hair and it is just too much work to keep it off your clothes...I 0nce stayed with a friend and had to go to work the next day and had a pair of dark dress pants on....i think I had sat on the couch before leaving and arrived at work with dog hair all over me....I loved the dog...it was the most gentle kind sweet pet and loved me....but I just could not deal with all that extra work....I do realize a lot of people are big animal lovers , so im sure i will get flamed with this post

I think when you are in a relatoniship with someone it works better if you are considerate of their feelings...and that includes their feelings of having the pet in bed with you...if you will choose your pet over the person your in relatioinship...you may be wayyyyy to attached to your pet....
 The Artful Codger
Msg: 340
Pets in Bed
Posted: 4/19/2008 2:28:37 AM

it helps me havin a dog in bed cause she will let me know acause i stop breathing in my sleep sometimes an i live alones she has saved me a few times .

Your dog is way nicer than my three. If I ever stopped breathing while I was sleeping they'd probably roll me onto the floor, steal my pillows and have me for breakfast the next morning.
 lmzme
Msg: 347
Pets in Bed
Posted: 5/6/2008 6:20:00 AM
I have a little yorkie named Harley. He was a little thing so I thought he needed a big name. He absolutely sleeps in my bed. I know he is always there for me!!! We never go to bed mad and he always loves me for who I am. If I am dating someone they will most likely have to ask Harley for permission to sleep with us...
 varinia
Msg: 356
Pets in Bed
Posted: 7/12/2009 6:38:12 AM
I haven't read all the pages, so this has probably been brought up.

I adopted my first dog 6 years ago and didn't know anything about Alpha behavior. I learned the hard way, when after 3 weeks this dog became aggressive towards anybody else, in order to protect me - his pack.

I learned that the Alpha always has the highest and best place, so by letting the dog sleep on the bed I 'told' him that I'm not above him. Banishing him off the bed made a difference, among other things. Once a month or so I let him spend a night on the bed and he was more of a brat the next day.

So, I learned that I will never again let a dog sleep on the bed. My present dog has no desire to anyway. She prefers to sleep in a different room from me.
 barbee1970
Msg: 359
Pets in Bed
Posted: 7/12/2009 6:15:14 PM
I've had my cats for years 1 is 7 the other 11. They have been here when boyfriends have come/gone. Yes they sleep with me at night. They won't leave me for another woman ever.
 rockondon
Msg: 363
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 7/12/2009 10:20:22 PM
My cat sleeps with me. When there was another person in bed with me she'd find a little spot that was out of the way. You'd never know she's there.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 364
Pets in Bed
Posted: 9/28/2010 7:41:47 PM
I have 2 cats - I will always have 2 cats, and more often than not they sleep at the foot of the bed in the "kitty corners" - where do you think that term came from? My cats prefer to vacate the bedroom when anything too wild is going on. They're much cleaner than many men.
 moraima
Msg: 365
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 9/28/2010 8:41:20 PM
There is no way my rotties are ever going to be allowed on my bed, no matter how much any man begs me to let them on the bed
 junipermoon
Msg: 367
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 9/29/2010 4:13:23 AM
i recently started shutting the cat out of the bedroom at night. he squeezes himself between my face and the book i'm trying to read. then he rubs his little wet nose all over my face. plus he jumps on me and bites if i won't get up and play with him at 3 a.m. so he's banished. he fussed at first, but now he's used to it. and i actually get to sleep.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 370
Pets in Bed
Posted: 9/29/2010 9:17:40 AM
Talking to a man yesterday, who contacted me, that said if he was going to be in a relationship with me, he would only allow one cat & would not allow 2 & they wouldn't be allowed in the room were he sleeps. Ummm noooo - he would not be allowed to sleep where my cats & I LIVE.
Sometimes they sleep at the foot of the bed & sometimes they don't. I do know if they were shut out they would be pawing at the door and crying all night. Why put them through that stress?

The fact he chose to ignore the picture I have with them, and that he would expect to me to put them out. I could see a problem if someone has a housefull of animals & doesn't clean up after them. I don't allow them anywhere food is prepared, but other than that, being housecats their world is small, no need to reduce it for a man who is likely just making a guest appearance.

and to the ones squicked by cat hair on the sheets, men will dirty your sheets faster and worse than a little bit of hair.

I say there are pet people & non-pet people - you don't don't mess with people's attachment to their pets. I think people who are incapable of understanding the unconditional love from a pet, lack empathy and compassion. Not a good trait in a mate for me. Even more than a difference of religions, a relationship between a pet person and non-pet person, is what I call unequally yoked.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 375
Pets in Bed
Posted: 9/29/2010 1:19:24 PM

i dont have cats but when i did i couldnt figure that one out either. how do you do it?

I've always owned declawed cats - then have a leather couch. Cats are always going to like soft, high places. Give them alternatives.
 Steveo480
Msg: 377
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 9/30/2010 11:18:05 AM
Whats so gross about a pet in the bed? Its no differant than you lovers skin flakes, hair, farts, dandruff, drool and other wet spots in the bed.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 390
Pets in Bed
Posted: 9/30/2010 4:33:10 PM
Its gross to meet someone that smells of their pet, and has their pet's hair all over them.

My cats always smell like Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel because I'm, always pulling an "Elmira" on them wth hugs.

I would think there are many many many more things "worse".
What a thing to get all shook up about.
Kinda makes YOU "look ridiculous" when you say such a thing.
I've been alive quite a few decades.
Lived many places. Experienced many things.
Might have met maybe 5 people have with all THAT much pet hair "all over their clothes".

Yup - Some people act as though they poop Godiva Chocolate, pee champagne, fart Febreeze, their saliva is from a mountain spring, and their semen is better than soft serve ice cream.

Pet hair is a minor inconvenience that is brushed off easily. I keep my clothing hung up and put away, run my Dyson regularly, and brush off the corner of the bed. It shouldn't be a big deal.

I've gotta say, I love my Sammy but, truly, he is THE most digusting creature...in fact, when you get right down to it (not sure about smaller ones since I've never had one) but really, dogs ARE kinda disgusting when one thinks about what they get up to in a day...

I have to admit, the disgusting things that dogs gravitate towards do squick me a bit, and they stink a lot more than any cat I've had. Although having a dog might be a good solution - he can keep the litterbox clean. Bon Apetite!

Now the guy with the goat? A barnyard animal with cloven hooves would NOT be bedroom friendly, and think there might be laws against that. He couldn't get a sheep?

christ on a crutch
Msg: 391
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 9/30/2010 4:43:32 PM

plus he jumps on me and bites if i won't get up and play with him at 3 a.m.

i hadda bar my cat from the bedroom at night for similar reasons, although his method was to trample my testicles.

^^What made it even more hilarious was it was a Christmas card. There he was, with his goat, both of them wearing reindeer horns. And big smiles. And there it was - a lollypop pink hard-on poking out ...lol...

yep, nuthin evokes the holiday spirit like goat boner.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 401
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/7/2010 12:44:10 PM
My dogs insist that no other humans are in bed with us.........Whoever has the biggest teeth makes the rules in some cases
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 402
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/9/2010 11:01:27 PM
I have a very simple rule. If it can't wipe and wash it's own ass....it isn't living in my house, far less sleeping in my bed.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 404
view profile
History
Pets in Bed
Posted: 10/10/2010 12:15:53 AM
^^^^Yep, I love animals too...but in their own domain. I leave that bedding down with them to Tarzan and Jane. A friend of mine went on a date a few years ago with a lady that really impressed him...until he got home and found fleas jumping around on his arm. About ten years ago, another friend had to have his house fogged for a flea infestation that came from his girls friends clothes. I've also found that most people that will sleep with their pets, will also allow them to lick them in the mouth and face. Needless to say...me and that person won't be doing any kissy kissy.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >