Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 171
36 year old woman and 21 year old guy?Page 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Go for it! I would!
It can work if both people are on the same page. By that I mean have things in common, have a desire to make it work & have a strong desire to be together. Don't worry about him having kids, maybe he doesn't want any. Neither or you knows what the future will bring. Just focus on the here & now, and girl, have fun!
 larissan04
Msg: 172
36 year old woman and 21 year old guy?
Posted: 1/2/2013 4:34:03 PM
yes, it is doomed. it will never last. you are wasting your time if you think that this will be a long standing relationship. this man is 21. to him, you are an attractive older woman, a novelty, an experience, he may even love you, but he hasn't even established who he is yet as a man. do you want to have more kids, because he will reach a point where he will want kids, and if you are too old by then, you won't be able to have one with him. also, men are very visual. you will eventually start to show your age, and even the best plastic surgery can not sustain a woman's youthful appearance beyond a certain point. when you are 55 he will be 40 and able to date women that are 30 or possibly younger. that is what you will have to compete with. he will eventually leave you once you are no longer as attractive as you once were, and he will most likely take up with someone that is younger or near his own age. dating much younger works better for men, and does not work out so well typically for women. all I can say is that you are taking a HUGE risk of wasting your time with this very young, recently out of high school, still not yet fully developed brain (the brain is still developing in the early 20s) of a young 21 year old...um...man. and that is just it, at this age he isn't even a fully developed grown...MAN.
 larissan04
Msg: 173
36 year old woman and 21 year old guy?
Posted: 1/2/2013 4:37:57 PM
nmyers99999

"Mind you - I was 19, she was 34. Time of my life. Was never going to last forever, but I would not want to have missed that part of my life for all the amatuer fumblings with girls my own age back then! So I'm incredibly bias!"

...you illustrate my point exactly. to you, this woman was a sexual experience. it was fun for a fling, but you knew it was not something that was going to lead to a lifelong partnership, and any woman that thinks a man is going to stay with her when he's 40 and she is mid 50s or more is really delusional. the rarity of that working must be somewhere in the .999999 percentile. if the OP is just looking for a fun fling, than sure, yeah, they are both adults - legally. but if she thinks this is going to last as a lifelong partnership? no way.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >