Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whisper67520
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Players! What is it like to play? C'mon be honest!Page 15 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
"NO, TO ALL OF THAT CRAP!"

Your have your opinion, I'll have mine. Just don't try to shove your crap down my throat and I won't make personal attacks on you. If you can not uphold your view point with facts, don't attack others for their views on the subject.

We all have personal experiences to gain knowledge from and lots of books on the market to study and learn from and garner our personal opinions. Your entitled to your view point, but SO AM I.

Players are gamers and the brass ring is the WIN AT ALL COST, irregardless of the pain and hurt it brings to someone else. Players have a character flaw in that they lack empathy for others. They are only concerned about meeting their needs.
 svj
Msg: 315
Players! What is it like to play? C'mon be honest!
Posted: 12/12/2007 11:18:30 AM
Labels and stereotypes are what people use to avoid actually thinking about the subject of the label or stereotype.
 whisper67520
Msg: 317
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2007 5:11:33 PM
What ever happened to just being HONEST? Most people can handle honesty, as long as they can depend on it and it's not done in a way to demoralize another. Honesty and kindness is what sets some people apart from others. It's also called intregrety.
 whisper67520
Msg: 319
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2007 9:24:56 PM
forthempire...Thank You, Thank You. You, I and most people agree with what and how you explained it. You stated it very clearly and precise. It's people who don't give a dahum about others, only that THEY succeed in THEIR goal, what ever that is. Very self serving people, with out apathy for others. A lot are sociopaths and have never matured emotionally. They lack a conscious.

I've had the occasion to have the experience first hand and didn't recognize the game till afterwards and then educated myself on the make up of such people. I've seen good people, very damaged emotionally by players. The good ones, you never know what hit you till it's over and they have moved on to their next victim. And that is exactly what one is, when they are mislead, lied to, conned manipulated and deceived, The Victim. Most are people who want to believe in the goodness of others and have little concept how devious some can be.

Being played by a player can be very emotionally damaging to the one played, but the player has little or no remorse. They can not relate to the damage they do to others because they are defective of a conscious or any feelings of guilt or responsibility.
 whisper67520
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2007 9:16:49 AM
forthempire....you have it, pretty much right on. Don't bother arguing with closed minded people. A player sets their own game rules and the object of their attention really never knows what that object is/was until the game is over. Could be money, could be sex, could be a roof over their heads, could be the crowd one associates with. But for a player, there is always a pay off for THEM, at someone else's expense.

Its a derogatory term and not something one should be proud of being called.
 whisper67520
Msg: 327
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2007 1:22:03 PM
I'm wondering, wouldn't "Gold digger" be the other side of the coin, in reference to describing the female version? A woman who uses sex, stroking, ego building techniques to miss lead a male into thinking she genuinely cares, .....for the end result, to garner, expensive dates, trips, the big home, the porch, the unlimited credit cards and the big bank account. You know, along with the "trophy wife" or "younger mistress". It's done for the rewards.

Kinda like gigolo and high classed call girls are the two sides of that coin. They both do it for money. Each paid for their services.
 whisper67520
Msg: 331
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2007 9:00:23 PM
Surprise, Surprise.....to you jokers and liars.....There are some people who do not lie or mislead people. People who are honest, upfront and treat others with respect. It just seems they are getting harder to find nowadays.

Lots have brain washed themselves, saying heck EVERYONE DOES IT, so that excuses my lying, cheating, adulators ars. That's just not true.

Seems some need to look in their own closets and do some house cleaning and quit making excuses for their behavior. If you have ever mislead someone, Allowed someone to think you think more of them than you do, as far as commitment, used someone for your benefit, deceitfully, taken advantage of someone through lies, then you need to look at your own morals and intregrety and quit saying, Hell if they had not been so gullible, it would not have happened to them.

If your living your life that way, be a big enough person to stand up and say.......I HAVE NO CONCIOUS, MORALS OR INTREGRETY........because some day, someone is going to call you on it and you will be the one paying for your past behavior.

It's not a pretty badge to be wearing or waving. It speaks of your lack of CHARACTOR.
 svj
Msg: 332
Posted: 12/20/2007 8:36:12 PM
^^^ You know... for someone that's always going on about "honesty", I find it amusing that your profile says you're looking for "friends", but then go on to describe in your write up what you want in a "loving, complete relationship".

Seems a little "misleading", doesn't it?
 whisper67520
Msg: 333
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 9:55:34 PM
^^^^If you read my profile.....I clarified that in my last sentences......I said THAT WAS WHAT I WAS SEEKING, but have figured out, I'm most likely not going to find that on an Internet dating site.......but wish other luck in their search. Yes, my optimism with Internet dating has diminished. Guess it's the experiences I have had with it or the men I have had the occasion to cross paths with.......they certainly changed my mind.

I've been sexually attacked by a so called professional insurance company owner, womanizer.

I've been groped on a first date, by a loudly professed Christian.

I've been lied to and mislead by so called professional business men, too many to keep track of.

Chased by youngsters the age of my son.

Met my share of perverts, cyber sex addicts, Masters, homeless and unemployed men, looking for someone to put a roof over their head.

And approached by more married men than I care to recall and lied to by most of them concerning their marital status.

I'm in a holding pattern, trying to regain some faith in man kind at this time. Do you mind??????
 whisper67520
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 10:11:28 PM
laughing....it was in the screening that the truth came to the surface. I did not say I was involved with any of these jokers. I just ask a lot of questions but the two slipped by because they were such masters at their game.

Don't get me wrong, I have met some great folks, guys and gals via the internet, just I'm not into women and the nice guys were younger than would be an acceptable relationship....for me that is. Or distance and life circumstances, did not allow the friend ship to develop beyond good friends.

I really don't think men realize how bad of examples, some men on the internet, set for your sex as a whole. You really have no concept. Decent guys don't think like some out here do and the bad apples make it hard for the decent guys.
 svj
Msg: 336
Posted: 12/20/2007 11:51:39 PM
^^^ You know... for someone that's always going on about "honesty", I find it amusing that your profile says you're looking for "friends", but then go on to describe in your write up what you want in a "loving, complete relationship".

Seems a little "misleading", doesn't it?

If you read my profile.....I clarified that in my last sentences......I said THAT WAS WHAT I WAS SEEKING, but have figured out, I'm most likely not going to find that on an Internet dating site.......but wish other luck in their search.

Gee... are you saying that it's possible that I was mis-interpreting the signals you were sending?
That you're not really trying to decieve or lie to me?
That the whole thing might be a result of miscommunication?

I guess it might not be all your fault after all.
Maybe my interpretations had something to do with creating my problem.
Maybe I was so busy making your words fit my own expectations, that I din't actually try to understand your point of view.

Maybe it's unfair of me to paint everyone who puts "Friends", but talks about her ideal relationship with the same brush.
Maybe everyone is different, and needs to be judged on their own merits and shortcomings.

^^ This little guy is a good friend of mine. His name is Deliciously Ironic Parallel. Say "hello."
 whisper67520
Msg: 337
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2007 12:28:34 AM
svj......interpret it anyway you wish.....makes me no difference at all. I didn't invite you to look at my profile, so I could care less.

And no guys, like I said I've met some super nice folks on the internet, but in the beginning I do have to admit I was a bit naive. Contrary to what you imply, not everyone plays games with people. Some are stand up, honest people. What you see is what you get.

you've got such an overt hatred of men it's beyond palpable

Sorry to disagree with you..........it's just SOME TYPES OF MEN I DISLIKE......if you have noticed, I've never warmed up to you.

Listen...everybody plays...he11, you're playing with every word you speak. Does dumping the sins of your past mistakes on everybody else make you feel better? Are you a self-appointed cop? Whisper~, we get it...you've been burned several times...perhaps you're a magnet for them (some women are), perhaps you just don't know how to spot it and stop it.

I don't agree with your statement......No not everyone plays games......I've been blessed to know some very honorable men in my life and I certainly set them apart from the gamers in respect. Just because I have been contacted by someone and I gave them the courtesy of getting to know them better does not make it a mistake or a sin, on my part.....thats what the getting to know you is all about, BUT when they show me who they truly are, those are the flags we all look for.

I've not been burned, disappointed yes, but not at my personal expense, just disappointed at the lack of level of decency today. Don't jump to conclusions in regard to things you don't know for fact.....I do know how to spot it and stop it......just very disappointed in the quality available in my age range....
 OutMind
Msg: 338
Posted: 12/21/2007 8:09:12 AM

I've not been burned, disappointed yes, but not at my personal expense, just disappointed at the lack of level of decency today. Don't jump to conclusions in regard to things you don't know for fact.....I do know how to spot it and stop it......just very disappointed in the quality available in my age range....

I call this back pedaling.
 svj
Msg: 340
Posted: 12/21/2007 9:02:12 AM
svj......interpret it anyway you wish.....makes me no difference at all. I didn't invite you to look at my profile, so I could care less.

I can see you don't speak the same language as my little friend "Deliciously Ironic Parallel".
Ah well... some things were never meant to be.

Melofelo: Although I don't accept that most people "just know" anything. I sure don't. Most people feel they "just know" what "unpatriotic" is. While everyone has a different definition of just what "unpatriotic" is, what they usually mean is "a political belief or action I don't approve of". Myself included, I assume.

With that said:
What I've come to accept about this thread is that a "player" is any man, who is secure enough in himself, to have a clear idea of what he wants, confidence that he will find it, and is unwilling to enter into a relationship where the terms are dictated to him in a way that he surrenders all control of the relationship process to the woman's whims and notions, and he's "shallow", if he doesn't immediately enter into a "relationship process" with the first woman, who displays interest. Of course, he would be a "player" were he to exit such a relationship, prior to the woman's desire that he leave. Should she so desire, it would be entirely because of what's "wrong with him".

As it applies to women that whinge and complain that all they are surrounded by "players", and the only interest men have is the contents of their pants... I think that definition is balls-on accurate.

OutMind
Msg: 344
Posted: 12/21/2007 8:23:53 PM

A true player wouldn't be here on an internet dating site trolling the forums.

Ha. You would be in a bar by now? What if you get your chics not in bars but atheletic events. Which means you go to bed rather early. And are playing in the AM. Hmmm. There are many types, many places. Ha.
 fyahman
Msg: 347
Posted: 12/22/2007 10:29:19 AM
.........................................................................................................................................................player rule #1 never reveal any player rules. lol
 svj
Msg: 348
Posted: 12/22/2007 12:15:23 PM
I find this thread very interesting.

You can pretty much tell by the tone of speech how attractive the opposite sex generally finds the poster. Assuming a post longer than a one-liner.

And even some of them. JRydel, for instance. Been awhile, huh buddy?

"First rule of Fight Club. Never talk about Fight Club."
 chrylann
Msg: 350
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2007 6:47:30 PM
m church, how do you know a woman feels happy and loved when being used? Did one actually tell you this, or does it make you feel better to believe that nonsense? I can tell you from experience, we do not feel happy, nor loved about being played/used.
 chrylann
Msg: 351
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2007 8:00:14 PM
Guess, I agree with Jrydel in most of what he said. And to the poster who said M church is of church and is honest. Maybe I misunderstand what you mean of church, but his profile says hes nonreligious.
 exrescue
Msg: 357
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2007 2:52:43 AM
The point here is?
 vivaciousvixen2
Msg: 365
Posted: 7/27/2008 7:40:13 PM
EWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEE
And I let myself be vulnerable and
T R U S T
him
I was played MAJORRRRRRRRRtime
I had a feeling that he was not being sincere because he wasn't acted as if he was committed
but did want everything about SEX

The man posts God in as "an interest"
and calls himself "a Baptist"

looking for long term

but he is he using women's faith in Christ to get in our panties.
He is the LoWEst ScUm that There IS
JESUS SEES ALL
 VaFishnetstockings4u
Msg: 367
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2008 8:01:22 PM
My definition of a player is someone with no heart or morals and someone with no
feelings that is afraid of the C word commit. Honestly I don't have a clue what is it
to play or be a player cause I only like posssitive in my life and I choose to live
life that way.

So they play this game and put on an
act just to see how far they can go with someones feelings. They lie and say what
you want to hear only they are messing with someones mind and thrive on this to
get what they want be it sex or whatever they have no morals or values and can care
less who they hurt in the process.

It's like a game of chess with all the pieces the player
plays at his pawns in hopes of getting check mate and will stand at nothing to get what
he wants to forge ahead in this lonely low life game that is played.

They only want
fun and games great sex no emotional feelings or connections at all they are afraid
to show real affection cause they are so busy living in a fantasy world where their
prey falls to this play that the player intends on acting what a stage production it
is and in the end hearts are broken , feelings get hurt and then you sit back and
wonder is it all just a game in this singles world.

No it's not , cause everyone in this
world is not a player and you can avoid being played by standing firm to what you
want and never backing down. The player is nothing more than a bad actor plain
and simple not one that is very good at it , cause they fall and get caught all the time.
Players don't put a lot into there profiles they are very blank that is sign there don't you think ?

It's a big red flag that there page is not filled out and no photo means they
are hiding something.
If they talk of others woman or going out clubing there is,
another flag that the player is not a sincere person what so ever.
Will not be one thatis true to his word cause it's only a game to them and
we're the prey.

Player has many
forms of communicating and it's up to us not to fall under there spell. A player can
be anything online till he does have the balls to show his face and true colors. I've
been played before and well I learned a hard lesson and that is not to be so trusting
hold out for the best and not settle for anything less !

I have self esteam and I'm strong
I've over commed this and life goes on and that player when I run into one , I just say
no thanks and move on. I have no time for the players big theater production! I'm
not a player and nor will have any parts of one either , I try and look for all the signs
and not allow myself to be played.

TO ME A PLAYER IS JUST A BAD ACTOR

Good Post thank you to the Author
We have to learn to out smart the player and be better than them.
Yours,Brenny
 tooPhuckingHonest
Msg: 372
Posted: 8/17/2008 8:50:05 AM
Don't blame the player

Blame the game
 Vannili
Msg: 375
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2008 1:00:01 AM
Msg1 ... In my case none of the above ,scenario>> The guy finds the lady very attractive and he wants to get inside her Victoria's Secret ,for a few dates and the lady thinks he is not a bad catch but she wants to know him more and to get in to his heart so they are playing a hypothetical game of chess a mental game , the lady's moves is how to mate the king. And the guys moves is to mate the queen... Hmm,daisypetals is not honest name is it????
 kimberly61
Msg: 378
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2009 7:26:40 AM
What is is like to play? I am not sure because I am not a player but I have been played. I have read heaps of threads on here trying to work out I suppose what people consider to be a player in an attempt to not get sucked in by yet another one. This is my experience and personal view....a player is a person who is simply not honest, or not upfront about their intentions. A player will go to a great deal of trouble to convince you they are in fact not a player, will often represent themselves as a victim of other players, will talk about their virtues and honesty, display a great deal of interest in you which is super flattering, enough of it and it becomes intoxicating..... once intoxicated you are off balance and off guard, then they go in for the kill. Once caught and consumed you are then discarded..... To all of those who have come up with the excuse that they were simply not into the person and they are not players just guys taking what was offered.....WOMEN RARELY GIVE IT UP UNLESS THEY ARE INTO THE GUY......and the time to work out you are not into that woman is BEFORE you sleep with them
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >