Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thatguy276
Msg: 4
view profile
History
So is EVERYONE out of my league?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Don't worry too much about it dude, it takes the ladies here a little while to warm up to you. They would rather sit in the forums chatting about their naked boobies not being indecent, lol. A good way to get email responses is to post to the forums and let the ladies get to know you a little then email some you've talked to in the forums.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 5
So is EVERYONE out of my league?
Posted: 10/22/2007 10:19:26 PM
Wow OP. You have actually had at least some respond back? As in RETURN your email? Amazing... If you get back more than 1 or 2 outta ten you ain't doin' too bad.
Just the nature of the beast here. Congrats on getting some back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/22/2007 10:42:35 PM
Yes.

Technically.. because "leagues" are utter bull$hit.
 gmm765
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/28/2007 10:31:59 PM
Don't send e-mails. It's a waist of time , and it is horrible on your ego and self-esteem.

There are far too many attention whoring females on these dating sites, and by sending e-mails all you're doing is boosting their egos at your expense. Not good.

Just post on the forums . Then you can connect on a more meaningful level and with more selectivity and you don't have to waist your time validating the many (shallow) attention seeking women who come to these dating sites.
 Kelley-88
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/14/2008 6:00:45 AM
Your "About Me" is terrible. Some examples follow:

First off, no schizophrenics, crackheads, or satan worshippers please. OCD is fine though (you probably keep things tidy). DELETE, that is turn off.

If we're eating together and you have something on your plate that looks good, then I might be inclined to steal some of it. DELETE, that's terrible.

If you can put up with that then I might put up with whatever weirdness you've got going on. And I know you have weirdness, don't lie DELETE

If you want a shot with me then you gotta bring something to the table. DELETE and stop boasting. That would turn any girl off.

Take the advice you have received and get a profile review.
 AdrianEsquire
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/14/2008 7:45:20 AM
Why are you holding the infant? Your profile is not very good, in my opinion.
 Kelley-88
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/14/2008 11:25:46 AM

If you want a shot with me then you gotta bring something to the table. DELETE and stop boasting. That would turn any girl off.

I wouldn't call that boasting. I will say, however, that the qualities that statement implies would turn almost any girl ON if delivered in person.

Having that confident self assured attitude is good. Saying the words is bad. If a guy say says, "If you want me, I demand..." Forget that, who does he think he is?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  >