Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fede_83
Msg: 58
view profile
History
What is the Nature of Reality?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
"I have known many gods. He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply. I seek not beyond death. It may be the blackness averred by the Nemedian skeptics, or Crom's realm of ice and cloud, or the snowy plains and vaulted halls of the Nordheimer's Valhalla. I know not, nor do I care. Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate, the hot embrace of white arms, the mad exultation of battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. Let teachers and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content."

— Robert E. Howard
 x_file
Msg: 59
What is the Nature of Reality?
Posted: 9/19/2010 10:18:10 PM

Actually, Albert Einstein said it best:

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

This quote is often horribly misunderstood.

What do you think Einstein means? Do you think he is actually revealing something about reality?

What is the Nature of Reality?

To know itself, obviously... for who is asking the question?
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >