Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cowtrucker
Msg: 94
view profile
History
I am noticing a trend in women over 30Page 2 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
I think its just the women you've been interested in... I personally like a mature man, who's a few years older than me. It's not a sexual thing, its more of an accomplishment thing, education, experiences in life, maturity, and where they want to be in their future.

I prefer someone with older children, or none at all, and most younger men and men my own age are looking to start families. I am looking for someone I can enjoy what we've both accomplished so far in life, who I can plan new goals, and enjoy the finer times with...

CowTrucker
Chapman, Kansas
 janad
Msg: 101
I am noticing a trend in women over 30
Posted: 12/20/2007 8:36:56 PM
I was very surprised how many younger men have been contacting me- here and in real life- I know i look young, but not that young!
 Ave Caesar
Msg: 102
Posted: 12/22/2007 1:09:11 PM

Well, as for me..I'm not looking for someone 10+ years then me. I'm looking for someone close to my age, so we can share some of the same music, etc.

I think I know why women are looking for younger men though, men who are 10+ years younger than other women, they haven't been burned too many times, they haven't been through...so much crap like people who are in their 30's. I don't know but that's my opinion. I couldn't date someone that young but to each his own, right?

Age really doesn't matter but you do want to enjoy life w/ someone who will relate to you and I find men who are around my age have experienced many of the same things I have experienced. Even bad relationships.

That's my opinion.

What if you never liked the music of your own generation?

Also, if you've never married and have no 'baggage' to speak of, going for a younger partner makes more sense.
 janad
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/23/2007 6:14:38 PM
"women in their 30's rock!!!!"
as a woman still in my 30's, thank you!
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/24/2007 7:15:31 PM
I notice it too,busy working woman have taken on all the bad and good traits busy working men have.Along with being moody,stressed and more personal problems,freedom of who they feel like dating is one,the breadwinner has always felt a little different than those that aren't,their more empowered now and choose what they want not what societies might think
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 113
Posted: 12/28/2007 6:53:11 PM
That's the only place I like younger men. In my imagination.

That middle Hanson kid gets me EVERY damned time.
 Urbanessa
Msg: 114
Posted: 12/29/2007 7:00:13 AM

I notice just as many women over 30 who are looking for men 10+ years younger than themselves as women looking for men older than themselves.

Question, OP: *Where* do you notice this? On PoF (or other online dating sites) alone or in real life as well?

If you had this impression from browsing dating sites there might be a higher percentage of women looking for someone younger than in the real world because this is where they can actually find someone younger more easily. But I don't think that what we see on here represents the real life percentage of women looking for a much younger man accurately. Personally, I don't know any women that look for a 10+ years younger guy.

Quite the opposite: I am somewhat taken aback by the number of men that are 10 or more years my junior that approach me on PoF - and I keep wondering what bet they might have lost to do so.
 zangie
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2008 5:22:22 PM

I am wondering with this trend if I should date women in their 40's.

Well, that would work...but, 50 is good too...rofl...
 Blue Eyed Newfie
Msg: 125
Posted: 1/9/2008 1:54:40 AM
younger men are easier to train lol.....bring on the whips and chains ,,,,JUST KIDDING

scorpiomover
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2008 9:48:20 AM
It's ironic that I've found this thread again. I just posted on a thread where the OP is a woman in her 30s, asking why men her age are dating younger. She said that she is looking for a man her age, because she dated pretty boys when she was young, and is now looking for someone who would have more in common with her, that being someone her own age.

Maybe these women never dated young men when they were young?
 zangie
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2008 3:56:12 PM
^^^^^ Some haven't I'm sure. Remember that because there are so many failed relationships, there are many more single women that are "older" than used to be. Many who were in suffocating or incompatible relationships , or got married very young..they may feel they missed out on something? Myself, with two exceptions, my very first boyfriend, and a disastrous relationship when I was 19 with a 31 year old...I've just always dated younger men. Can't say why. Haven't done it on purpose either, it just seems to work out that way.
 techgirl27
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2008 5:39:55 PM
Not me. But I find that men over 30 (men over 40 especially) are looking for women 10 or more years younger than they are. I am not looking for a man 10+ years older than me so that rules most of them out.
 SwtSuthrnGrl
Msg: 145
Posted: 1/18/2008 3:34:57 AM
Well, since I haven't looked for a man in 20 years, it's going to be fun finding out the major differences. Younger men tend to show more interest. Older guys seem to be looking for more long term. Being new at this, I plan to sample some of al lages. LOL Friends that is! I won't maturity as well as security. I'm 43 but want to enjoy many more years. I'm old enough to know that there is more to life than a roll in the hay, and not very safe in this day & time. A man can wow me with his personality and the way he treats me far more quickly than his intimate intentions.
But it's a real bummer to think you get passed by because you missed by one year!
 c_deacon
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2008 11:32:50 AM
I have had the same situation with many younger females as well..........most eventually want to get married and have a family, and I am more than done with that part of my life.........

So, I search and seek for those that are closer to my age and have completed that part of their life and ready to move on to the next adventure. I just hope that they have kept their youthfulness within them, their looks and nice body, just as I am sure that most the women would want from us........

So.....the younger women that I have dated were fun to be with and treated me well, but then again......many my age and older do as well as long as they have maintained their condition both mentally and physically......

Just my opinion......
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 148
Posted: 2/3/2008 11:40:10 AM
Do you really find it strange that older men aren't as interested in women that "don't need" them? Perhaps I'm *really* old fashioned, but I grew up thinking it was my job to provide. With you as independent as you state, is it any wonder that others might think, as I, that you aren't necessarily as attractive as someone who thinks they need me?

I'd say be happy you don't have to provide anymore - a lot of men complained about it when it was commonplace. Personally people (unless they've grown together for years) shouldn't need each other. Love isn't about what you can provide financially as much as it's about who you are emotionally.

I find that a number of women's profiles I have read suggest they are only looking for "what they want," ignore what I look for in "what they want from me." Maybe its the PC of the day, but I'm not looking for a women's life I can fit into, but rather a women's life I can partake in. If my ideals aren't part of that (e.g. being needed, satisfying a need, solving something) then I'm lost.

A relationship for a lot of people is a part of their life, but isn't their life - there are other things you balance a relationship with such as friends/family, your alone time, your job...

I readily admit it may be my insecurities that make me think this way, but I will equally be as ready to admit I haven't found a women prepared to explain to me how wrong I am to think this way. Perhaps that has something to do with their independence and lack of need.

It's not wrong if you find someone who thinks as you do. Women are in a place today to pick someone they're actually attracted to and want to be with instead of being rescued by someone who can provide them something they can't do on their own. No relationship should exist based on things as much as the two individuals involved and their personalities.

Don't get me wrong, I love a strong and capable women, but as a man, I need to be need for something that I expect/and want to be needed for...

Some men seem to equate need with stability for some reason, while for women it's the opposite. We want to WANT you for who you are, not NEED you for what you can give us. And we also don't want to be needed, but wanted. To us that means it's about you, not what you have.
 allusnine
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2008 9:28:27 PM
Could be because men over 30 are looking to date 20 something year olds? So why can't I as a 48 yr old date someone younger than myself?
 Lucky_Vet
Msg: 165
Posted: 4/4/2008 11:28:24 AM

Maybe it is just me but I notice just as many women over 30 who are looking for men 10+ years younger than themselves as women looking for men older than themselves.

Gave this one more thought and toss this scenerio into the salad.
Tons of women put careers first, and wake up at 30, 35 etc wanting a family. By then, all the good guys (like me) are long taken by other more family oriented girls.

Perhaps thats 1 of many reasons older women grab up a good successful guy a few years younger, supply and demand.
 allusnine
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2008 6:08:15 PM
its just not you. Age is just a number anyway.
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2008 6:14:18 PM
I used to date older guys.... now I find myself being attracted to younger guys. I don't seek them out, that's just how it's been happening. If I meet someone I am attracted to and we get along, for some reason I kind of assume he's "my age". Turns out he is usually 8 yrs younger than me, lol. They're always shocked when they find out my age but I have yet to meet one who cared.
 Boomstrike
Msg: 170
Posted: 4/7/2008 6:38:02 PM
Damn kids today have it all.
 rackensack
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2008 10:15:13 PM
I lived with a women who was 20 years older than me for 9 years. the first couple years were okay but the heads butted soon enough. I always had older women in life not that was mandatory just happen to be. I also found a older women can contribute more to my mind set then a younger one who tends to giggle and be quite annoying. Would I date younger? Sure now that i am older. Either younger or older the women must be desent looking and have a personality. Otherwise age does not make a difference and I am just wasting time. Something that is precious to me.
 FairlyRandom
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2008 4:46:37 PM
Well for me, like a lot of women have said before me on this thread, I don't have any age group that I look at more than any other, it all comes down to being able to click with someone.
However, me personaly, I wouldn't expect to click on an emotional or mental level with a guy that was a lot younger than me, (I wouldn't rule it out, just expect it to be other than the norm). Maybe the person that started this thread has mainly come across women looking for some fun times (on a physical level) rather than anything more meaningfull or long term?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >