Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Email Tom Now
Msg: 348
I am noticing a trend in women over 30Page 5 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
we're all allowed to do it but men get called dirty and women get called an animal's name. i wish that would stop.
 dawntreader10
Msg: 350
I am noticing a trend in women over 30
Posted: 12/28/2010 5:58:39 AM
I just say awesomeness to it. Thank goodness I don't have to deal with the hate of the knitting crowd over this issue like I would have had I been born in my mother's time.
 DallasSBF
Msg: 351
Posted: 1/2/2011 6:24:25 AM

I have found in my own experiences that the nice in shape girls in their 30's into their 50's become alot more horny than they were when they were younger.
they seem to be getting better earlier and lasting longer age wise, BUT hey its all good.

Not me but that is cool with me. And I think I am in pretty good shape. I am much more selective about who I let between my legs than when I was younger. Then it didn't matter as long as HE WAS HOT. Now other things come into consideration.
 DallasSBF
Msg: 352
Posted: 1/2/2011 6:28:51 AM

the thing that women find attractive in men almost never comes wrapped in a younger package....

But I doubt it will be wrapped in a tired worn out package either. Well maintained hard to tell it's age package is most likely the best package but those packages are very hard to fined. Aren't they???

I have spent the last 45 years taking the best care of myself that I can. Watching my weight making sure my skin looks good and working out. I find that most men my age have spent the last 40 to 50 years eating (what ever they want) drinking and trying to leave a good look corpse. Most failed at the last part they lived tooooooooooooooo long.
 DallasSBF
Msg: 353
Posted: 1/2/2011 6:35:04 AM

She fits in well with people much younger than her.

Is this meant to be a compliant? I am interrupting that as she is immature. I know most people think this is crazy but I like being my age and do not feel a need to repeat a year. I think a great many men and women are trying to relive their youth by sucking the life out of a younger person. The things I did when I was 33 are different from now. I could party with the best of them. NOW I like to read a book and listen to the Beatles on the radio. I want to go to the movies. Hanging out and partying is a thing of the past.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 356
Posted: 3/2/2011 1:35:39 PM
^^^^^A man should never get worn down by rejection. In fact, he should get rejected as little as absolutely possible.

He should very MUCH equate how many women do reject him directly against his approach (game) towards women.

He should consider a rejection as a sign that he needs to bring a better game next time. a better approach. a different approach.

If he is not getting much response at all with women, or not many responses- or dating opportunities which lead to sex in the near future- he should definitely do some introspection in himself to improve how he is ""marketing"" himself...online and IRL...

Because chicks don't brush guys off....guys brush chicks off.

Its the natural order of things.

The personal side of rejection for women comes at the middle stages of relationship

I disagree- women get rejected (aside from not being "approached" enough by guys she wants approaching her) far more after they allow a man in her bed the first time. This is the point when a woman gets rejected.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 358
Posted: 3/2/2011 3:21:26 PM
I could careless exactly HOW many emails a woman gets a day.

I am very confident in my ability to get a woman to find my email, amongst the masses and how to get her to open up dialogue that leads to a point where I do or do NOT ask for her phone number.

no matter what she looks like or her age.

Do I bat 1000?

No.

but given the fact that I do not send out a lot of contact...I go for ones that I want to meet...at least based on her profile.

Are their game players out there? are there ones out there that aren't serious? time wasters? sure.

There have been some that after contacting and then getting phone convo- at a certain point the woman to suddenly lose interest.

So what? There are times when I have chatted with a girl and after a certain bit...I have lost interest.

I don't get my feelings her...nor do I consider that I've been ""rejected""

I simply move onto the next one.

Every woman who has contacted me, and she passed my eyeball test....We have gone out and had a nice time.

I still continually push to work on my approach and my game. Because I feel that my game, my approach should be so in line that virtually any woman who I approach or approaches me- I will be successful with ....
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 360
Posted: 3/29/2011 11:35:26 AM
It's both MotherNature and feminism. I've seen women here wanting to date men 15-20 years younger. Once women said men who dated much younger women were ___ or ______. Now women are dating much younger men. I've dated older women. Whatever floats your boat.
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2011 7:27:49 PM

Maybe it is just me but I notice just as many women over 30 who are looking for men 10+ years younger than themselves as women looking for men older than themselves.

I have no problem with this. I hope everyone finds happiness. I am curious though to undersyand why this is? Why and how have we as a society changed our attitude. Until maybe 20 years ago women always looked for men the same age or slightly older..that has changed and I am wondering why?

I was looking for some one who I was compatible with. The age was of little importance but at well over 30 any one much younger than 25 seems like a kid to me. My SO is 11 years older than me but not because I was only looking to date older men.
 sweetspyce522
Msg: 363
Posted: 4/28/2011 9:05:31 AM
I won't date a man younger than my brother, who is 2 yrs. behind me. It's a maturity thing. I'll be 35 in a few weeks & if I dated someone 10 yrs younger that means he'd be 25, right out of college & not in the same frame of mind that I'm in. Like I was he's looking for his 1st post college job, student loan payments, health insurance...basically starting his life. I on the other hand, am (prayerfully) looking to get married in the next 2 yrs. Most 25 yr. old men aren't ready for that.
 bimmerdude
Msg: 365
Posted: 4/29/2011 8:55:38 PM
Its called the Cougar town effect. I see this as well. In fact, younger women now approach me more than older women. Funny, because I saw this years ago when I was in my twenties. Older women in their late 30's to 40's wanted to date me when I was 25 more so than at 40. Well the nice thing for me is that young women in their 20's are more open to an older man so thats all fair.
 Darkbutcomely
Msg: 366
Posted: 4/30/2011 1:26:36 PM

they get a lot of mails from younger men and thus they think that's their range. Younger men love older women with no hidden agenda. No pressure for marriage, kids, long term blah blah... lotsa fun, lotsa sex....until.....

I use to get a lot of emails from younger men. I must admit I think they only desire sex. You know how myths and stereotypes run a muck. But I was married to one. He was younger by 8 years. He wanted children and I have no desire for them. AMONG other things. I am currently seeing a younger guy (14 years). ONCE again I thought he was another sex hound seeking what he thought would be easier prey. BUT he is romantic sweet and in great shape. He is interesting and funny. And in good shape. Men in good to great shape my age tend to date much younger women. So why shouldn't women?
 Casper66
Msg: 367
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2011 3:17:05 AM
Thou I prefer to date men around my own age and life experience I have found that this isn't always easy, some people hold onto their baggage from previous relationships and I just can stand to sit there and listen to someone go on and on about how horrible the ex was, when we are trying to get to know each other. As for just wanting sex I have found it is not age specific. From being on POF I have received e-mails from younger men and have found them very articulate, respectful, funny and yes some are only looking for sex, but I have to say I've had some great conversations with some of them, the hang-up about the age difference is my problem thou, but I just might try dating a man thats younger to see what happens.
 Casper66
Msg: 369
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2011 10:46:08 AM
starzgirl, you are right, I've been trying to look at the person not the number and I've been pleasantly surprized with some of these younger men, yes some it's just sex, but the guy I've been talking too is very nice and has a great sense of humour, so we will see what happens.
 OneHotMamaInAZ
Msg: 371
Posted: 5/7/2011 3:48:19 PM
I'm over 30 . I've dated men younger than I and men older than I. The youngest I have dated was 7 years younger. The oldest 30 years older than I.

A lot of younger men haven't got their act together. Most aren't ready for a long term commitment, marriage, and children. Younger men tend to be more liberal and
want a sexual relationship with no strings.
I married a man 30 years older than I, when I was 18. Our marriage lasted 15 years
and we have 2 wonderful children together. We still care about each other and are friends. He divorced me because he was no longer sexually attracted to me . He has, now, remarried. His new wife is 36 years younger.

I don't think age has anything to do with it. Personality and maturity does.... I've met some 50 year olds that acted like teenagers and some 20 year olds that acted like someone much older....
 want to travel
Msg: 372
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2011 7:22:23 AM
years ago, the boy toy was the rage in england
it is true women are going after the young men,these women are called 'cougar's, they spend all sorts of money on these boys
men that go after young women are now known as creep s
 sharongirl1498
Msg: 373
Posted: 5/12/2011 11:33:14 AM

A lot of younger men haven't got their act together. Most aren't ready for a long term commitment, marriage, and children. Younger men tend to be more liberal and want a sexual relationship with no strings.

I don't think age has anything to do with it. Personality and maturity does.... I've met some 50 year olds that acted like teenagers and some 20 year olds that acted like someone much older....

I agree with all of this. I dont look at age as much as how well i think i will get along with this person, and whether our individual relationship and life goals are in line with each other.
 vagirl11
Msg: 376
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2011 9:03:15 AM
I have to admit that I'm attracted to younger men. I don't look my age and therefore get attention from men in their 30's. I like men that are active and fit and I won't say that there aren't any over 40, because there are quite a few, I just don't hear from them as often as the younger ones. I hear that they like older women because we are already established, usually have less drama, already have kids, house, job etc so there isn't that rush to get married, have kids and the like. I find at my age, I'm calmer and don't let things stress me out as I did when I was younger which is appealing to the younger men.
 jjohnnyv
Msg: 377
Posted: 6/11/2011 6:14:02 PM
many men have been financially castrated in this generation and have not the ability to marry and care for a women and children. Because of this, many men look for older women just because of the financial stability they can find in them.
 33smiles
Msg: 379
Posted: 6/18/2011 2:06:30 PM
Hi..well I must be one of the more traditional ones because nope I am looking for someone my age or a little older but not more than 2-3 years. So, I'm one of the few perhaps that are still concerned about age, but for me it's important. :) Smiles! Julie.
 sunshinebk
Msg: 383
Posted: 6/30/2011 5:33:17 PM
I'm over 30. I don't really seek out the younger guys, but i do tend to attract them. I've been graced with good genes so that i look about 10 years younger than i am. The main reason i like younger guys is because they're super hot. Most of the guys my age or older who message me aren't really into fitness or they lead kind of a sedentary lifestyle, and i personally just find that unattractive. Like a previous poster, i don't take what the young kids say seriously-- i know it's just a fling. But i'm honest about what i want, and if the kid is okay with that, then it's all good.
 nicerebelguy
Msg: 385
Posted: 6/30/2011 8:10:03 PM
My thoughts are that it is due to the same reason that men do. It is a status symbol. I personally shy away from woman that put they prefer younger men on their profile. I just don't want to get involved with someone who feels insecure with who they are and feel dating someone they can brag about. I do believe if it happened in lets say the real world that it may be ok depending on the person. I don't have a preference one way or another but a big gap might not be so good. I had two female friends who did this and they were surprised when the men dumped them for younger woman. I feel for them but they based the relationship on looks and that cant be all it is.
 Simon4567
Msg: 386
Posted: 7/1/2011 9:26:34 AM
young guys have sh!t for brains. i know, i was once one. older ladies like doing dumb guys, its just that simple.
 LabradorOokpik
Msg: 390
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2011 11:51:41 AM
Here on POF, I've been messaged by men between the ages of 26 and 64 (I'm 40). When I was younger, I was a diehard cougar, would not even look at a man even a day older than me. Then I was very attracted to a man in his fifties, so then I became open to men who were older. Lately, though, I find I am attracted to men who are closer to my own age, generally within five years either way, from 35-45.
 nicerebelguy
Msg: 396
Posted: 7/4/2011 9:39:15 PM
@yuppers I find it the opposite today. Younger men are less likely to be in shape, I work with around 20 guys less than 30 and none are overly in shape. 3 are recently out of the military. I go to the gym and the top 10 guys that are in the best shape are over 35. I know I am not the norm as I work out alot but the trend does seem to be shifting to chubbier younger generation. If a woman emails me or favorites me I always look at there age rang 90% of the time a 43 year old woman puts around 30 to 43. I don't answer those back because I know why they picked me. I could understand it if these people where in great shape however most are far from it. So you have 40+ year old woman looking for a fit guy who can keep up with them yet they have the activity level of a coach potato 43 year old guy. So that excuse sounds like a good one but just doesn't work out as the norm in real life. It just seems like they wanna make ex hubby or other girlfriends jealous or like guys who do it the old makes them feel younger. If you wanna feel younger get moving get in shape . No shortcuts in life.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >