Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > humor  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TodaysCatch
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Top 10 Things That Made Me Click **NEXT** When I Was Using Dating SitesPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Profiles (and I've only seen this on POF) that have more 'must not' email filters than anything positive or inviting. Especially if that person is looking for 'LONG TERM'.

I'll second that. I usually look for fewer "must nots" than interests. It's a turnoff if the ratio is out of whack.

It sounds strange, but I've learned to click past "athletic" body types. Female wrestlers, shotputters and field hockey goalies are apparently in abundance on POF. If I pass up a truly lean woman like my ex, who worked out five days a week, I'll feel all right knowing that like my ex, she might just be sublimating some other hang-up like depression.
 CherylCake
Msg: 37
Top 10 Things That Made Me Click **NEXT** When I Was Using Dating Sites
Posted: 1/21/2009 8:13:57 PM
No wonder she was depressed. You trivialized her illness & made fun of her attempts to create positive endorphins with exercize. I never knew all athletic women were overcompensating for depression. Thanx 4 the enlightenment, Sigmond . And remember Todays Catch is wrapped in yesterday's news.
 enszygirl44
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/26/2009 5:53:22 PM
Less then 2 roses...geesh...cyber roses?..Ya gotta be kidding me!

...lol...Check out my boobs and hairy arms...hehehe...this is fun!
 DaManley
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/29/2009 8:53:59 PM
All of those are completely true.
Especially #7.
Why do women put those? Is it too much work to cut them out of the picture?
Now of course it would be unfair to think all of this one-sided.
So yes, I know us men do the same thing. Just I don't do it...Yep.
 PAClassyLady
Msg: 46
Click.
Posted: 4/3/2009 3:56:50 PM

Have you seen the profile where the woman admits she is in a wheelchair, on oxygen, in the end stage of life and is looking for a longterm relationship?

Yup, Brews, I have heard of her. The last I heard she found a great guy here on PoF who is in love with her and told her "I don't care if you have 1 year or maybe 5 years, I want to spend them with you." Major "awww" factor! She found the true meaning of "long-term", someone who accepts her and will be there till the end. Isn't that what "long-term" means, as opposed to "dating" or "hanging out"? What a lucky lady she is.

Funny how some people post on their profile they are looking for someone "in shape" and "healthy" when that in itself is no guarantee of a long life or a good one. Vegans get cancer and get in car accidents as easily as people who "supersize" their meals. "In shape" people can also be as hard to live with as "a few extra pounds". Two of my best friends were perfectly healthy a few seconds before their accidents, one at 33 and one at 37. Another lovely lady here nearly died after 2 unexpected heart attacks last year. A while ago a famous and accomplished runner had a heart attack at 51 while running. Fires, diseases, workplace accidents, a lot of things kill. We are all dying, just some sooner or more expectedly than others. Maybe they tend to have more positive thoughts and enjoy things more than those who put things off until suddenly there are no tomorrows left.

Has this become a site of "Send us your latest physical results, stress tests and EKGs, MRIs, CAT scans, family geneology, driving record, safety rating of your car, work history and if you pass these tests we will allow you to be considered 'long-term' material"?

What makes me click "next" is people who send nasty emails if you don't get back to them fast enough (a tad needy, perhaps?). We call them Sour Grapes.

I also check people's forum postings and if they post derogatory statements about innocent people I click "next" so fast I almost sprain a finger... Just me, I suppose.

Final thought: How much more "long-term" can one offer than "till death do us part"?

LondonerDan
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2009 10:49:35 AM
I agree with the list. I'd include the use of generic-sounding activities such as "having fun"...are there individuals out there who hate having fun? Is having fun a deal-breaker for some?
Show ALL Forums  > humor  >