Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 12
He doesn't see me as his girlfriend, don't know what to do nowPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
OH NO!!!!
Us guys are doomed!!

laughingthrulife has us figured out!

Quick! Do a thread delete before word spreads...
 genegem
Msg: 13
He doesn't see me as his girlfriend, don't know what to do now
Posted: 10/24/2007 7:48:03 PM
stray69cat99 them's the risks you take ...

He told me he really likes me, "I look nice", he enjoys spending time with me, enjoys sex with me but he sees me something along the lines of a "good friend," saying that for him it's too early to think of me as his girlfriend and relationships start with friendship. He seemed to imply that you can only call someone your girlfriend/boyfriend if you are in love with them.

You say he claims "relationships start with friendship" and that is precisely what you
should have been telling him before you jumped into bed. If all you want in life is a
succession of "quick flings" then by all means jump into bed without any "commitment
of fidelity and exclusivity" ... but if you want a serious LTR then let the friendship
develop first.
 LMK45
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/25/2007 6:20:05 AM
It's not looking good and I think you are allowing yourself to get played. Sorry.

When you had sex with him so early on, he didn't have time to bond with you mentally/emotionally before physically. You didn't know his background; i.e. is he dating other women, what are his actions saying to/about you, are you exclusive with each other.

Try moving on to someone else and think about slowing down before getting physical. Your heart is gonna get hammered with this current guy, and he's already told you his truth. Best wishes ...
 OutMind
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/25/2007 7:14:44 PM
Damn! I am in the same boat. I like this woman a lot, but I am not ready to say she is my girlfriend. And when she digs in I feel like pulling away. Like she is pushing too hard, when I need to slow down. Maybe you need to give me advice.
 MDNinja
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/25/2007 10:30:05 PM
Maybe you should ask his wife for her opinion. This guy is a player. You got played. Live and learn.

Sometimes I hate being young and wise. I only date women that I can see myself with. If I can't see myself with them, then I don't date them, and 99% chance won't try to sleep with them.

I never casually sleep with a girl, then develope feelings, then hope to turn things arround into something it's not.

OP, that is what you did, I hope you learned from your experience.
 svj
Msg: 67
Posted: 10/26/2007 3:18:03 PM
Dump him.

There... I've paid my admission. Now what are we talking about?
*reads thread*

OK, now that I've actually read the OP....
(everyone in here says "Dump him" no matter what, I've noticed.)

I still say "dump him".

OP: Assuming you're not leaving any information out of your post...

You said you don't trust him.
You're creating all sorts of paranoid scenarios in your head of ways he's jerking you around. You dating Machevelli or something? Guys don't think in such complicated terms.

And the fact that:
a)didn't find out who the "guests" are,
b)you never call him, but expect him to always call you
c)you're hemming, hawing, and straining yourself over whether you should ask for an hour of his time?
All implies refusal to assert yourself in the "relationship".

It doesn't sound like you're treating him like a boyfriend...
it sounds like you're treating him like a deity.

For all those reasons, I think you should leave.
To me, it sounds like you're not secure enough in yourself to be in a relationship with this guy. You need to improve your self-image, or find yourself a doormat who won't make you jealous and paranoid by simply going about his business.

Don't worry, there's no shortage of those. They just aren't particularly sexy.

Don't assume anything.
Hint #1: Many (most?) guys would rather not talk on the phone if they can just see you in person. Phones are impersonal.

Hint #2: For all you know, his "guests" could be his kids from a previous rel'n, that he hasn't told you about, because he was self-conscious of what you'd think.
 janedoexyz
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/26/2007 7:36:47 PM
Wow, are you dating him too?

I got soooo tired of being put on hold and feeling stupid. I 'd complain and everyone looks at me and says Your old enough to know better.... or How old are you?

I felt stupid, stupid, stupid....

Did I mention stupid? I should stamp on my forehead "stupid" for being with that guy.

I told him that I will be seeing other people. And I am!!!!!!!!!

J.

J.
 janedoexyz
Msg: 75
here's the word
Posted: 10/26/2007 7:46:43 PM
kakleen,

You got it all figured out at your young age. My goodness good for you. Thank you for your post full of wisdom. I'll carry that thought.

J.
 Born2bewild62
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2007 7:51:16 PM
Poorlittlefish, this dude has a major major malfunction. Or else he's hedging his bets because you are so awesome that he's afraid that you will dump him the moment someone you like better comes along. Don't know what else to say. Maybe you need to hedge your bets too.
Good luck.
JF
 Terrible Flirt
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2007 8:36:55 PM
Is there any chance you could convince this guy to write a book detailing his technique?

Seriously, your options are walk away and never look back (you may run into your self respect just over the hill), or stick around for more of the same, along with a continued decline in your emotional well being. Good luck OP.
 mcbobly
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2007 1:38:03 PM

He told me he really likes me, "I look nice", he enjoys spending time with me, enjoys sex with me but he sees me something along the lines of a "good friend," saying that for him it's too early to think of me as his girlfriend and relationships start with friendship. He seemed to imply that you can only call someone your girlfriend/boyfriend if you are in love with them.

Been there just did that, talk about confusing. We were having such a great time too, that was until she decided to give her abusive ex yet another chance. I was like WTF? I know she had more fun in the last 5 weeks with me than she had with him in the lst 2 years. Oh well, her loss. Hang in there littlefish, like me (hopefully), you too will find a good one that is less complicated.
 Jax_xx
Msg: 97
Posted: 11/8/2007 6:00:13 PM
Run now!!! Seems to me this guy is keeping you on the side ........he obviously has a wife or a girlfriend.....or someone else he is interested in........cut your losses now.....if you are sleeping with him, you seem him rarely, you cant go by his place...........you already know all you need to know.
 OutMind
Msg: 103
Posted: 2/4/2008 7:05:42 PM
laugingwhatever says

You choose, take the control back and make him eat out of your hands, because right now you ARE BEING played.

Cool. I love this line. It gives us guys more amo to dump you. Or to say, well, she dump me. So tell all the girls. Go, do.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >