Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Guy66
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Creationism or Evolution?Page 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I read somewhere God created the universe and Satan caused it to evolve

Me I don't know
 restless_native
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Creationism or Evolution?
Posted: 10/25/2007 3:53:57 PM
Personally feel that anyone who can explain creation based on one work of fiction compiled from hundreds of authors two millenia ago is deluded to say the least.

Why believe that one? You should read the creation myth that that encient Egyptians Believed.

Science may not have all the answers, but I find it has more crediblilty than anyone who just wants to make it up as they go along.
 yayawhatever
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2007 4:24:27 PM
Off Topic Posting removed. Address the OP and not other posters.

Thanks to those who remained on topic.

pantsonfire
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2007 2:20:23 PM
Hmmm evolution with a bit of creationism ... ical chaos thrown in ...

I'd love to think there was an all powerful being that decided we were the best he could muster up at the time ... Sadly I doubt it..

Also I'd love to believe we evolved from ancient ape like beings, again there is a huge gap in the archaeological proof for the evolution of modern man... The infamous missing link..

My personal favourite theory. Any civilisation can only continue it's level of advancement if it has the (human) resources to support it... Therefor I believe (well I kind of do) that a few thousand years ago a highly evolved alien ship landed on this planet but because they didn't have the resources to maintain their technologically advanced lifestyles, they reverted to surviving as best they could, with what they had available.... The religious aspects of humankind come from classical myth and legend, tales handed down and slowly evolving into fantasy... But with a tiny grain of truth...

So we're all aliens and should all be phoning home...
 dyou
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2007 8:53:10 AM
Try standing on a hill in the autumn looking at all the changing leaves and tell me that came about by chance.
 dyou
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2007 1:16:05 PM
Creation. Evolution is too hit and miss.
 oggers
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2008 5:28:53 AM
I think that the Evolution theory was created ....... or was it that the Creationist theory evolved ...

The scientific standpoint has to be the one to follow here , for all sane individuals. Creationism cannot possibly stand up to scientific rigour.

The story of the creation in the bible is an analogy for the 4.5 billion years of evolution that preceded the gospel writers, in a way that uneducated folk could understand.

Anyway, no such thing as "god" in my opinion ....
 DeusXMachina
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2008 10:56:01 AM
the real difference between the two is that Evolution is a scientific theory backed up by evidence, logic, experiment and research while Creationism is a religious myth based loosely on extremely ancient religious texts which pre-date modern understanding of science

Evolutionary biology should only be 'compared' to another scientific theory, otherwise it's like trying to decide whats best out of hot air balloons and parallel parking, umbrellas or poetry, elephants and neo-keynesian economics

the two aren't comparable, they don't come from compatible backgrounds.
 DeusXMachina
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2008 6:04:35 AM
Dinkie Doo

Can I just say I love the Clarkson Dance Move (Looooosers!)
Also, i think nowadays that Marx is wrong and in fact, opiates are the opiate of the masses
 TheHumanist
Msg: 104
Posted: 5/30/2008 8:40:28 AM
If they are going to teach creationism in school they may as well teach the Egyptian creation story, the ancient Greek creation story, the Buddhist creation story, and those other religions creation stories as well! Whats fair for one religion is fair for all the others. I think people of non-christian religions need to get togeather and lobby in Washington to offset the christian hegamony in Washington.
 Marmite baby
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2009 1:56:53 PM
Definitely believe in evolution, but did God cause the primieval soup to be alive? Or was it electricity or some other energy? Know nothing about it. Radiation?
Does God(which one?) actually have anything to do with it?
 try1more
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2009 9:09:12 PM
anyone heard "the second comming" by vaugn meader. very funny though you need to "get" the american culture to "get" some of the jokes.

i found this somewhere. may be useful on persistant door knockers.

If God is willing to prevent evil, but is not able to
Then He is not omnipotent.

If He is able, but not willing
Then He is malevolent.

If He is both able and willing
Then whence cometh evil?

If He is neither able nor willing
Then why call Him God?

after reading some of the posts on here
it's not surprising that religion gets blamed for wars is it?

what gets me is if they really are so sure they are right.
why do they act like someone has just proved what a mug they are?

funny how the creationists dont require proof of creation. then come out with some pretty wild arguments when shown any proof of evolution. of which the flu bug is surely a good example.
i've heard the one about the print shop explosion, which is what i mean by wild. that is. comparing the results of something happening to inanimate matter, with the results of the same thing happening to living matter!
 oggers
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 5:09:28 AM
I believe in Creative Evolutionism ....

... or was it Evolving Creativity ?
 Talk4England
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2009 9:57:11 AM
Faith is stupid and causes soooo much harm both on the macro level (religion) and the micro (people relinquishing their own destiny).
How faith ever got to be perceived as a positive attribute really puzzles me.
 Talk4England
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2009 5:00:42 PM
^^^^^^^^The Eloi & Morlocks of HG Wells Time machine ^^^^^^

(Wrote this before looking at link and can't now delete!)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >