Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > men want an "open minded" woman...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 225
men want an open minded woman...Page 10 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
On a woman's profile it could mean any number of things.

On a man's profile it could only mean one thing :

S E X
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 226
view profile
History
men want an open minded woman...
Posted: 6/22/2016 5:42:06 PM
that you will engage in all sorts of sexual activities and perhaps tolerate other people in their lives such as ex partners
or who do not necessarily want to commit. Who knows??>
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2016 6:01:36 PM
@Hearton: Look it up at your own risk. Kind of gross... In a nutshell it's a brown 'mustache'.
 gtomustang
Msg: 228
and an open legged one isn't so bad, either
Posted: 6/22/2016 6:40:22 PM
I would like to think it means, "i'm not society's definition of hot, please give me a chance to grow on you". Or it could mean, "I was cast out of my parents' church for what I am, now I avoid all closed minded people". Or it could be, as others said, code phrase.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2016 8:43:37 PM

What's a Dirty Sanchez?

You should really get to know Urban Dictionary.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 230
Posted: 6/23/2016 8:52:42 AM
A woman that's open to being the primary bread winner.

vvvvv

I think men are more decisive while women are open-minded indecisive.

Women are more prone to using phrases such as sort of and disclaimers such as I'm not sure.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2016 9:14:35 AM
What has been everyone's experiences with others... who is the most open minded?

In my interactions, I know for a fact that I've always been much more open minded. I listen, I don't reject... I reflect, and when I observe that I've encountered better evidence or justification, I may very well change my mind. I love learning new things. I certainly don't think like I did 30 years ago.

I find way too many men are too set in their ways, they have their minds made up, they don't have the courtesy to simply listen to other's comments, even for just short periods of time.

Men, perhaps you can explain this? I really don't understand how close minded most of you are.
 memtoo
Msg: 232
Posted: 6/23/2016 9:27:18 AM

Men, perhaps you can explain this? I really don't understand how close minded most of you are.

Your opinion here itself contradicts itself. You claim to be open-minded while "way too many men are too set in their ways". It is amusing to me you don't see that women are just as set in their ways as men . . . and in fact, in my experience are far more close minded.

In fact, I am willing to bet, that by middle age, many more women are closed minded than men. Men are less likely to prejudge in my experience (there are exceptions like Flaman of course), more open to considering facts before drawing conclusions.

Just look at this board over the last year. You have had roaming gangs of women going around terminating the profiles of people they did not agree with, accusing people of being trolls, because they refuse to accept others may see things differently than do they and they move to quash free thought and free expression of opinion.

Just sayin
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2016 10:16:03 AM
@beckyht: I actually agree with you. I find women more open minded in general.

Then again, I don't always view open mindedness as a good thing. I don't need to try out things that I'm pretty sure I would not like. Maybe in the bedroom, but for example in politics I don't need to hear the umpteenth version of something I don't think it works, even if phrased differently. I will think about what I hear, but chances are it is not as new and effective as they think it would be. Most things that work well have been thought of before with the exception of new technologies. And even there - to this day I don't see anything good coming from Facebook.

I have adapted to more openness due to a woman in my life and I embrace a few of those changes. Overall I'm fairly set though. Even another sexual revolution will not change how I feel about monogamy, so open and poly is off the table. Close minded? Perhaps, but it works for me.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2016 12:00:58 PM

@beckyht: I actually agree with you. I find women more open minded in general.

I don't see that. But then again, I haven't dated dudes. ;) I definitely know that once a woman's well past college age (hitting her 30s), she's Much more likely to be more set in her ways than when she was 21.

You claim to be open-minded while "way too many men are too set in their ways".

Well, she's relating to experiences though. You can be open-minded and frustrated that too many guys/gals are too set in their ways.

It is amusing to me you don't see that women are just as set in their ways as men . . . and in fact, in my experience are far more close minded.

I agree that women are just as set in their ways as men. I think in some ways men tend to be more, and tend to be less. For example, when it comes to Dating Situations, it's pretty clear that guys are more open-minded than gals.
 memtoo
Msg: 235
Posted: 6/23/2016 12:07:39 PM
^^^^ there is far more to the world than dating situations. Its how you perceive what is going on around you. How tolerant and non-judgmental. How "open" to new ideas and situations without automatically rejecting that which does not meet your preconceived mindset. How unbiased and unprejudiced you are. But most important . . . recognizing that most things are not chiseled in stone. There are many shades of black and gray.

But of course many men are just as closed minded as women. For example, Dee's insistence that gays are mentally ill. But than you have Flaman's posting history forever being obsessed with "sluts" . . . so perhaps I should not be so quick to slander just the women.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 236
Posted: 6/23/2016 7:43:22 PM

when it comes to Dating Situations,.

I find it amusing, in a SMH way, when I come across a profile, and there have been several, where a woman states that she is "open-minded" because she dates all races, then follows that up with "must be at least 6 feet tall" AND "must be between X age and Y age". No "open-mindedness" on height and age?
Being open-minded about 1 single item does not make one an "open-minded"person, period.
 gtomustang
Msg: 237
open mind, open arms, open mouth, insert foot
Posted: 6/24/2016 9:47:59 AM
its always an open mind, until it is closed to us :)
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Open mined?
Posted: 6/25/2016 3:00:37 AM

“It's empty, meaningless, standard filler because you never hear anyone saying they want a closed-minded person.” [\quote]

“its always an open mind, until it is closed to us :) “ [\quote]

It means whatever the person who wrote it thinks it means… and it means whatever the person who reads it thinks it means.

Of course, they’re almost never the same….. :-D
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2016 11:57:30 AM

she is "open-minded" because she dates all races, then follows that up with "must be at least 6 feet tall" AND "must be between X age and Y age". No "open-mindedness" on height and age?

Yeah. If it's a narrow date range & narrow height requirement -- they aren't open-minded. It's not so open-minded to say they'll date someone of any race -- as there's technically always someone Hot of any race (just fewer and further between for some), and someone who's got a matching personality of any race, too. Not auto-ruling-out certain races doesn't put too much stock in open-mindedness.

Guys are going to naturally be more open-minded when it comes to potential dating situations. We're the chasers, and we adjust to accomodate to make things work. Gals get approached by a lot of guys and are in a different boat, and they hold up the Yay or Nay signs. You'd expect them, thru their experiences, to err on the side of caution & pickiness.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > men want an "open minded" woman...