Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Miss W
Msg: 2
Hot Passion or Comfortable, Settled and Safe?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Christie has it in a nutshell! I've had both and wonder why it can't be mixed like peanut butter and chocolate.
 Pete73052
Msg: 4
Hot Passion or Comfortable, Settled and Safe?
Posted: 10/26/2007 7:53:33 PM
I buy spackle by the 5-gallon tub. If your partner doesn't make you punch through a wall every once in a while, there's something wrong with the relationship.
 Wreckless2
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/26/2007 8:13:51 PM

wonder why it can't be mixed like peanut butter and chocolate.

W Missy, I have lots of PB and chocolate, if you wanna try it!!
 Pete73052
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/26/2007 8:22:01 PM
I don't know about that Eeek... there's something sexy about having your hands and feet tied and only THEN noticing that possessed look in her eye, and the dental tools laid out on the nightstand.
 Pete73052
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/26/2007 8:33:57 PM

A truly adult, deeply-in-love relationship appears to be calm and tranquil, but the excitement lives and pulsates and runs much deeper as to be unnoticed except by those who "know".

Naw... I go for the "exudes sex" relationships every time... the ones where everyone in the room "knows".
 Wreckless2
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/26/2007 11:12:12 PM
....Somehow this sounds a bit fishy....

and Santa, I've been a very very very good girl.

Wreckless2
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/27/2007 11:08:08 AM

HEY NOW, BUCKO!
How did you know, that I like to be....

Ridden that way!!!! YaaaaaaaaaHoooooooooo!!1
 fancynanci
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2008 11:56:20 AM
Hot passionate sex with a fabulous man who is also my friend. Why can't I have it all?
 eb3267
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/13/2008 6:30:35 PM
Looks at Boomer..

Well H*ll why do I have to choose ? Can't I just have both ??

Hot passion, then a cool off, then right back to the passion..

Wait a min, I kinda have that.. Hubba hubba !!

Hugs ya all... I've been missing the "Crew".

Pinches Wreck..
Ooopsies.. It was an accident...
 HereN916
Msg: 26
Posted: 3/18/2008 5:09:57 AM
I think I would be a lot more comfortable and friendly after enjoying hot, passionate, incredible, sex...........
 cncgandolf
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2008 10:02:40 AM

In an emotionally safe and sane relationship, does passion grow over time if not there in the beginning?

Depends upon the people and their mental and emotional health. Some use temper or drugs to break through reserves and release passion. To get the walls down. Others can be passionate about other things in their life and take that passionate state into their relationship to ignite the relationship. For example, getting me going on a mentally stimulating conversation gets my passion going ... and it flows through all of my life when it does. That's why it takes a mentally stimulating man for me.
 JadeMuse
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/19/2008 9:31:03 AM
Those who are very passionate people can reveal a double-edged sword of a bad temper rather quickly.
I find them best to be left for someone who actually embraces drama.
<<<===drama-free zone
But, even the most vanilla beginning can grow into the most passionate love-affair over time.
I find it is like a good roller-coaster: you are free to throw your arms up and enjoy yourselves when you trust the ride isn't going to go crashing down around you.

In a relationship, possible combinations are many, but I definitely want to be considered the crazier one when it comes to "Us!"
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/19/2008 10:27:48 AM
As the vast majority of those who respond are currently without a mate, I should think that most here would say they prefer a passionate relationship; but I think it's worth noting that most people tend to go for the comfort factor... and many even do this when they're young.
Wish it was all about romance, but that's not how the world is, unfortunately...

I think it's good for single people to understand that...because alot of times when someone breaks something off; that's the real reason, not that they weren't in love...
 FairOaksChick
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/31/2012 5:29:46 AM
Coming out of two volatile, intense, roller-coaster relationships, I will take sane with some passion, any day. These two men I was with (sequentially, not simultaneously) were from horribly abusive childhood backgrounds and had the borderline personality disorder features to show for it.

I'll take a more psychologically healthy man any day. There may not be constant emotional and physical passion but that doesn't mean there won't be ANY, and knowing that I am with an emotionally stable man and in a safe trusting relationship, my passion for him would only grow.
 Robert848
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2012 7:00:42 AM
... how about somewhere in the middle. Being comfortable with each other is important, but a little passion is required too. If there isn't passion at all, you are friends. It doesn't have to be one or the other, and I am guessing there is confusion being applied here with regard to passion vs. drama in the opening question (I maybe be wrong, but no middle ground was offered.) Passion does not require drama. Drama is the rollercoaster part of things, and I'll skip that one if I may!
Show ALL Forums  > California  >