Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > yes or no? Friends with benefits!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 johnsonchen
Msg: 1001
view profile
History
yes or no? Friends with benefits!Page 41 of 47    (7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47)
iPal.com is the most professional free dating email system in existence. You do not need abandon your Gmail,Yahoo,AOL account, just use ipal during online flirting. Why we use ipal email, in the dating sites or other social networking, sometime, it is not safe to give your working email at the first time.So iPal is such am email to solve the problem. And it really can manage your dating conversations effectively. Although there are Gmail, Yahoo,AOl, Hotmail, they are very strong and similar with users. But none of them aim at dating. So ipal are distinguished from them.

iPal combines some of the best features of a social networking site and a dating service. 1.You can recall what you have send, including the photos and emails. 2.iPal has the sophisticated search tool, you still can find other people on iPal. 3.ipal will recommend the members according to your favorite. So you need to upload your photos, that's will be more appealing. 4.iPal offer the article about dating tips, skills to help you date and you also can share your ldating stories on iPal. 5.What's more interested, you can earn money form it. Get $1.00 after registering. Invite your friends to join, get $0.5.Get 20% of your friends' earning through their invited friends. Pay attention, ipal pay the 20%, not your friends.Get 5 points by getting reply from a unique email address.

iPal is currently offering promotions, IPOD.
Ipal is the free professional dating email,it really worth your time to .
 ladyc4
Msg: 1002
yes or no? Friends with benefits!
Posted: 7/27/2010 11:02:13 AM

Happy AIDS awareness day (the day you get it.)
Syphilus, the gift that keeps on giving.
If you got herpes and you know it FWB
Gonorrhea... spread it around.

And the list goes on...
Plenty of good reasons to NOT FWB

While not for ONE MINUTE downplaying the need to handle your sex life responsibly, what about people who get "something" from a cheating spouse or SO? What about some of these diseases that lie dormant/asymptomatic for years?
Couldn't that be called plenty of good reasons to not have sex at all,unless you both start out as absolute and total virgins and continually monitor each other(maybe have someone give you his 'n'hers private investigators as a wedding present?)
I would suspect that a lot of STDs occur due to "no strings sex", "one night stands" etc, not so much FwBs or committed relationship, but let's face it, the most certain way to avoid any risk of sexually transmitted diseases is to avoid sexual contact entirely.
Cindy O
 officegal_1
Msg: 1003
Posted: 7/29/2010 8:05:16 PM
FWB isn't for everybody. But it can work for some people. Both people need to be upfront about their intentions and follow any rules that were set. I had a few successful FWB relationship. I think one reason why many FWBs don't work. Is that some people will enter a FWB. Secretly hoping that it will lead to something more serious.
 MsMicki
Msg: 1004
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2010 10:04:39 PM
Once again mchurch.........you refer to these "friends" of yours that sound like
a bunch of whoredogs!
Luckily, most of us mature adults have much better friends than you do!!

I know for a fact my FWB is not bar hopping, nor is he having sex with anyone but me.
And I'm not having sex with anyone but him.

As for myself, there would never be any "overlapping" of sexual partners.
If I decide to date.......I end the benefits immediately.

And never once in my entire life have I had a FWB try to sabatoge a relationship
I've been in.
Quite the opposite actually.......they have all been very supportive and wished me
the best.
That's because they are FRIENDS.
Somehow that concept seems to elude you and your buddies.
 m_church
Msg: 1005
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2010 10:26:08 PM

Once again mchurch.........you refer to these "friends" of yours that sound like
a bunch of whoredogs!
Luckily, most of us mature adults have much better friends than you do!!

I know for a fact my FWB is not bar hopping, nor is he having sex with anyone but me.

I bet my friend's FWB's would be just as adamant about the same thing too if asked...

As for myself, there would never be any "overlapping" of sexual partners.
If I decide to date.......I end the benefits immediately.

I would hope so...
 MsMicki
Msg: 1006
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2010 10:42:36 PM

I bet my friend's FWB's would be just as adamant about the same thing too if asked...

It's just flat out a pity you have no understanding of what a true mature friendship
is.
Hopefully one day you'll experience it.......then maybe you'll "get it".
 Pixy Dust
Msg: 1007
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2010 9:08:49 PM
I am not interested in a FWB... I guess having enough casual flings with men after my divorce I discovered that it wasn't for me... I tend to sleep with men whom I find a attraction to and then after awhile I know I would find a connection to them. I am not strong enough for a one sided affair. I want to find connection to a man... I am not looking to scratch an itch...
 m_church
Msg: 1008
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2010 10:28:23 PM

It's just flat out a pity you have no understanding of what a true mature friendship
is.

It's just a flat out pity, that you have no understanding of what men often think....
Hopefully, one day you'll realise it... then maybe you'll "get it".
 MsMicki
Msg: 1009
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2010 2:01:46 PM
Oh, I got it.......way back in my 20's.

Luckily, we all grew up and seperated the men from the boys since then.

Just because you and your friends have no respect for women or friendships.......sure doesn't mean all men are like this.

Hell mchurch.........you down on men far more than the all the women that
are called "men haters" here!!
 musicianfriend
Msg: 1010
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2010 11:52:03 PM
I wont do that.....Women having sex..usually get all tangled up and into the guy..

Sex is love..not sport..at least for me..I would never do that...FWB...
 mz taken
Msg: 1011
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2010 2:56:43 AM
It never fails to amuse me the times this topic elicits the same 10/90 split of pro to con of this tired old beaten horse, no matter the year it's asked or how many people feel the need to post anew about this dark and horrible and downright nasty phenom of:
(deep booming voice)friends with benefits.....................................

does it matter what "others" do??? unless this situation knowingly falls into your life in a way to cause concern, then why expend so much emotional energy (as I seem to be doing right now *rolls eyes*) labeling what others do, why they do it, if they should do it.

is there really a rule book that outlines just when someone becomes a fwb, compared to a one-night-stand...which is self-explanatory. what sex on a second date verses a third date signifies? is there a colorful graphic chart that shows where the overlap is like on women's size charts for panty hose?

I'll tell you one thing, any lover of mine IS my friend.
 m_church
Msg: 1012
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2010 8:34:01 AM

Hell mchurch.........you down on men far more than the all the women that
are called "men haters" here!!

hahaha No.... I just point out the unpleasant truths that people would prefer to pretend don't exist...

Just because you and your friends have no respect for women or friendships.......sure doesn't mean all men are like this.

Actually, I do respect women and many of my friends do as well... the thing is, as you say, not all men are like this either....

Luckily, we all grew up and seperated the men from the boys since then.

The same could be said about separating the women from the girls...
 jezebellpgh
Msg: 1013
Posted: 8/3/2010 6:16:16 AM
If you go into heat like an animal, and don't want to have human emotions, like most people who have depth, go right ahead.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 1014
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2010 6:57:39 PM
^^^^Sounds good to me!.....just give me some benifits.....hell, we don't even need to be friends
 MsMicki
Msg: 1015
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2010 9:43:42 PM

If you go into heat like an animal, and don't want to have human emotions, like most people who have depth, go right ahead.

says the girl with the name of Jezebell
Oh the irony
 lateā„¢
Msg: 1016
Posted: 8/15/2010 9:52:30 PM

Only if with cohabitation in a monogamous relationship.

Then, ....we're good.

Ooooooh, got one, ....never mind.
 Alchemischief
Msg: 1017
Posted: 9/1/2010 4:31:20 AM
Very interesting article on this subject if you care to read it all. This is a cold blooded look at the "Sex market" for singles having fun, and singles looking for a relationship.

http://www.mercatornet.com/articles/view/prisoners_of_the_pill/
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 1018
Posted: 9/1/2010 7:42:00 AM

One treats a FwB with respect and kindness, does not make unreasonable or inconvenient demands, and it certainly CAN included activities that are not all about sex.
This is where I continue to struggle. To me, what is described here is pretty much a relationship. Maybe certain expectations are relaxed in your case, but really, my relationship with my girlfriend really isn't that much different from what you describe as your "friend with benefits."
I define a friend with benefits as a buddy, someone I get together with and have some sex, nothing more. No strings. I guess some people on here who've had the same friend with benefits for several years and don't call it a relationship are confusing the shiz outa me.
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 1019
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2010 8:12:35 AM
^^^^ You're getting wrapped up in semantics. It is a relationship, one called an FWB. It's just not a Relationship!

> http://www.mercatornet.com/articles/view/prisoners_of_the_pill/

Interesting reading, so backatchya, Alchemischief: http://socialpathology.blogspot.com/2006/07/germains-daughters.html
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 1020
Posted: 9/1/2010 8:43:26 AM
Semantics or not, the way some describe this Relationship seems as they're MORE than friends with some sex on the side. That's what I meant, nothing to do with semantics, that was your interpretation.

Good articles, though, both of you.
 MsMicki
Msg: 1021
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2010 4:36:24 PM
For me.......the difference between FWB and BF/GF

1 ~ I'm not expected nor do I have expectations of spending a certain amount of time with each other.

2 ~ I can take off and do whatever I want.......for as long as I want.....with whoever I want without "checking in" with someone

3 ~ I can go fishing, camping, hiking, drinking, etc with my guys friends and not
have to explain myself - or worry about jealousy - or deal with any questions what-so-ever.

4 ~ I can act how ever the hell I want and it not reflect on my boyfriend

5 ~ I don't have any of the "wonderings" of a romantic relationship. I don't "wonder" if
he still finds me attractive, or if he "loves" me as much as I "love" him, or if I'm doing enough to make the relationship work, where our relationship is going, what the next step is, are we gonna live together, blah blah blah !

and honestly ST......your relationship isn't that far from a FWB......you just choose
to use a different label for what you have with your "girlfriend".
I'd say you're damn lucky to have a "girlfriend" that isn't bothered by not spending holidays together and throwing the "L" word around and no expectations of "more"!

Guess it's just more proof we all have our own views on things!
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 1022
Posted: 9/1/2010 5:32:56 PM

I'd say you're damn lucky to have a "girlfriend" that isn't bothered by not spending holidays together and throwing the "L" word around and no expectations of "more"!

I agree 100%!! Of course, should I ever want to get married someday, which is unlikely, I would have my work cut out trying to get her to say "yes" to the question.
She's confessed that she's afraid of committment and that she's too independent for "most guys." Truth be told, I've never met anyone like her, a WOMAN who's the one that's affraid to commit (by commit, she means share living space, finances, cars, etc.). So that means we'll probably never really progress from where we are, which is fine by both of us, but not fine with most other guys/girls my age who seem to be obsessed with making babies and buying rings with diamonds and gold on them.

BUT, she HATES the term "friends with benefits" and insists that I'm her "boyfriend" and that she has "traditional values." Whatever... I still haven't met her dad or brother yet
All I can say is, we're happy like this, just as you're happy in your shoes.
 kdoozie
Msg: 1023
Posted: 9/1/2010 6:17:40 PM
NO..A BIG NO. Tried it once. I felt used after awhile. Women usually fall in love. (unless they are emotionless in nature) And the guys never give a sh.....
 MsMicki
Msg: 1024
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2010 7:23:26 PM

Women usually fall in love. (unless they are emotionless in nature)

Give me a frikken break!
Another backstreet pyschologist spewing her ignorance around

Don't ASSume anything about others.....it comes off as condenscending, judgemental and stupid!

ST.......I think we have quite similar "relationships"......except we have met each other's families.....but that was long before there were "benefits".
We also celebrate each other's birthdays......but once again.......we did that before too.

We're extremely happy to keep it at the "FWB" level......but in reality we don't use those labels. We just consider ourselves friends.
 m_church
Msg: 1025
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2010 7:51:45 PM
BUT, she HATES the term "friends with benefits" and insists that I'm her "boyfriend" and that she has "traditional values."

But isn't that the way of things though?

We assign safe little phrases to protect ourselves from really dwelling on what things are...

1... "Date" - An encounter with a relative stranger that might end up with sex or a relationship if we don't bore or piss each other off first
2... "Sleep with" - Fcuk and suck with.
3... "My Ex" - a person that I fcuked and sucked in every sweaty way imaginable and loved and did everything and went everywhere with that now you're going to have to try to be better than...
4... "Bio parent" - See #3 above but add in, also involving impregnation and possibly a contnuing involvement with due to the result of said impregnation...
5... "Person I dated" - a relative stranger who I fcuked for a while. No longer seen in public with.
6... "Friends with Benefits" - A friend or acquaintance I fcuk with some sort of regularity. Willing to be seen in public with.
7... "Fcuk Buddy" - Someone I fcuk but prefer not to be seen in public with.
8... "My Past" - Twilight Zone. Like all of what Rod Serling introduced us to, ranges from mysterious through the ironic to the truly horrifying.
9..."Condom" - A thin rippable latex bag, to be stretched over a sex organ to imply protection. It's value can be compared to another form of implied protection, putting on your seat belt before driving drunk.
10.. "Friend" - A person who is either platonic by nature or circumstance, or a possible past sex partner. You're not allowed to ask, and if you do ask, your partner may or may not lie... the "friend" however may tell you the exact opposite to what your parner says, and may or may not lie also... Have fun with that...

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > yes or no? Friends with benefits!